PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference Live: Pre-West Ham - 13:00 Thursday

mcmean
26-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Strangely this week available to watch live on the app only :confused:

Roy Hodgson's pre-match press conference looking ahead to Saturday's game against West Ham United today will be shown live on the club's app.

The conference will see Roy taking questions from 1pm this afternoon from the broadcasters.

He will be bringing us the latest team news, and sharing his reaction to recent games and looking ahead to Saturday's match against West Ham United.

Watch the full press conference live exclusively on the club's official app from 1pm.
How to access the stream

Dependent on your device youíll either need to download from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Search for "Crystal Palace FC" or click the links below:

DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE

DOWNLOAD FROM PLAY STORE

Once you've downloaded, you need to sign-up or log-in to your Free Member / Palace TV account.

If youíre already a Free Member you can simply use your existing login, otherwise youíll need to register as a new user, on the bottom menu of the app titled 'Palace TV'. Just before 1pm, please then click the 'Live' button to watch the stream.

It is recommended that you have a stable internet connection. If you are having issues with the stream, please try restarting the app.

Please note, the stream will not be available on the eagles.cpfc.co.uk desktop or the mobile site, only on the club app.

Sp1Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Chungy and Jimmy Mac injury doubts for the weekend. Benteke 4-5 weeks out.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Chungy and Jimmy Mac injury doubts for the weekend. Benteke 4-5 weeks out.

Not terrible news if he doesn't make it. Will give RLC a chance. We can be more attacking and take the game to them.

AJ's right boot
26-10-2017, 12:12 PM
4-5 weeks still for Tekkers... Clucking Bell...

AJ
26-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Not terrible news if he doesn't make it. Will give RLC a chance. We can be more attacking and take the game to them.
RLC has been very poor in his last 2 appearances, i worry he has lost interest or is pissed that we beat his beloved chelsea.

Maidstoned Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I deleted the app the other week, it was poo

EagleSE24
26-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Transcript here http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/roy-hodgson-press-conference-live-13814942

Maidstoned Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:17 PM
RLC has been very poor in his last 2 appearances, i worry he has lost interest or is pissed that we beat his beloved chelsea.

Not sure if serious.......

Jim Cannon
26-10-2017, 12:19 PM
4-5 weeks still for Tekkers... Clucking Bell...

Better than I thought, was expecting longer

EddieEdwards
26-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Summary from club Twitter feed - bottom up...

That's it from the gaffer. Thanks for following here and tuning in on the app. Full video on http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk shortly. #CPFC

RH: I think there is a belief, a faith in what we're trying to do as a team and the methods being used. That belief is growing.

RH: For me, every game's a must-win game. Even if we climb out of the relegation zone, we'll be wanting to win to climb the table.

RH: One or two players have come into their team and given Slaven the sort of headache that managers like.

RH: I thought they were very good [against Spurs]. They transformed in the second half and played exceptionally well.

RH: We've got to give the fans something to cheer about, through performances and results - ideally both.

RH: The fans are very much a 12th man at Selhurst & support us away. They made their voices heard at St James' & that isn't easy.

RH: We're out of the cup now and we must concentrate on the really important matter of staying in the Premier League.

RH: Benteke is probably still 4-5 weeks out.

RH: Macca has been receiving treatment all week, but we're hopefully he'll be fit to feature.

RH: There's always a player or two who may pick up a knock when you play mid-week. Chungy is having a scan.

The manager's here. Tune in live on the official #CPFC app!

AJ
26-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Not sure if serious.......
Yep. Maybe he is still unfit, but hadn't worked very hard in the Newcastle and Bristol City games. He looked really good at the beginning of the season, but didnt impress me in the last 2, except for a couple of moments.

NateEagle
26-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Another 4-5 weeks for benteke is a killer. Where are the goals going to come from? We could be good as down by then. Gutted.

Richwak
26-10-2017, 12:31 PM
I think Sako probably deserves to be about the team on Saturday, out of a poor team performance on Tuesday he put a good shift in.

sbds18
26-10-2017, 12:32 PM
I think Sako probably deserves to be about the team on Saturday, out of a poor team performance on Tuesday he put a good shift in.

Agreed, what I saw of the game from streams and highlights, nearly all of our good play came through him.

GrayP41ace
26-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Another 4-5 weeks for benteke is a killer. Where are the goals going to come from? We could be good as down by then. Gutted.

Hopefully the sun comes up......with a goal or 2

AJ
26-10-2017, 12:35 PM
West Ham suddenly hit top form 3 days before they play us....you couldn't make this up :(

orp pisshead1
26-10-2017, 12:36 PM
IF we stay up Roy will eclipse anything Sam or Pulis achieved due to having no frigging striker and our position/points. If we win Saturday i think our confidence will really grow & show.

orp pisshead1
26-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Heís meant to of lost a lot of timber too which will help:p.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Assist in his last game, playing with average players. Before then a good 15 minute cameo where he nearly set up a goal. And before that 4 out of 4 MOM performances.

Probably time to write him off then!

Maidstoned Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:39 PM
West Ham suddenly hit top form 3 days before they play us....you couldn't make this up :(

Newcastle probably felt the same about us

Maiden Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:40 PM

This is what RH actually said

Benteke now is four to five weeks out but we were told it was a six to eight week injury so he is still on track.

Perhaps it's just me, but it sounds like he's saying that he should be back in 2 to 3 weeks. So, maybe after the next int'l break.

Chris K
26-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Top form? They lost to Brighton 3-0 4 days ago. A good job you weren't at the Battle of Agincourt

swissroll
26-10-2017, 12:42 PM

That may only be 3 games, Wham, Spurs, Everton (and that's almost 4 weeks away) which was as good as we could hope for

Unfortunately Wham may have turned the corner and Everton have good players who just need the right manager - and they will have a new guy in a few days.

carter
26-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Another 5 weeks without a striker. Good luck to you Roy Hodgson because the board are asking you to pick up the pieces of a shit storm that the club served up in the summer. Looks really good that we couldn’t send the paper work off in time for Niasse. Absolute joke

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 12:46 PM
RLC is 21, with a full history in the professional game, so he does need to put in 90 minute shifts now. Clearly talented, but can he put the effort in with a struggling team? Let's all hope so because a lot is riding on him for Palace.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:47 PM
IF we stay up Roy will eclipse anything Sam or Pulis achieved due to having no frigging striker and our position/points. If we win Saturday i think our confidence will really grow & show.

Agreed. Another win would really boost the confidence. Just a shame it is Spurs after that!

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:50 PM

Benteke now is four to five weeks out but we were told it was a six to eight week injury so he is still on track.

Perhaps it's just me, but it sounds like he's saying that he should be back in 2 to 3 weeks. So, maybe after the next int'l break.

Hope so!

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:51 PM
RLC is 21, with a full history in the professional game, so he does need to put in 90 minute shifts now. Clearly talented, but can he put the effort in with a struggling team? Let's all hope so because a lot is riding on him for Palace.

He's always put a shift in. Problem for him is fitness to last 90. That said would be happy with a good 70 mins from him every week!

BringbackShipps
26-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Another 5 weeks without a striker. Good luck to you Roy Hodgson because the board are asking you to pick up the pieces of a shit storm that the club served up in the summer. Looks really good that we couldnít send the paper work off in time for Niasse. Absolute joke

It was agent demands that scuppered the deal, not late paperwork. Steve had a business decision to make and got it badly wrong, quibbling over relative peanuts will now cost him an absolute fortune. No sympathy really, that's just how it goes when you gamble.

Palacebear
26-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Agreed. Another win would really boost the confidence. Just a shame it is Spurs after that!

We have to win or at the very least avoid defeat. We have to pick up points against every team in the bottom half of the league.

We could've done without WH getting a lift from yesterdays result, I hope they get a bit cocky against us.

adman50
26-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Still can't believe that we didn't learn from the left back situation.

MFBias
26-10-2017, 12:57 PM

As if, McArthur has been one of our best players recently.

MFBias
26-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Touch of a clown though. Sure he ran around alot but was pretty ineffective, his goal was straight at Luke Steele, and more poor keeping then a Striker's goal. I will say he did well to make the run, but his play throughout the game was infuriating.

MFBias
26-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Agreed, what I saw of the game from streams and highlights, nearly all of our good play came through him.

All the parts that didnt make the highlights were pretty shocking from Sako.

BringbackShipps
26-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Still can't believe that we didn't learn from the left back situation.

Don't forget the central midfield shambles of selling Jedinak and failing to get Rincon/Wilshere/McCarthy on deadline day.

To not learn from either situation is pretty fecking terrible really.

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 01:07 PM
I suppose the only bright spot is that nearly everyone on here seems to think we have totally had it, so any surprise win or draw will cheer the crowd up!! I just hope we score first on Sat (or even score at all.............)

MFBias
26-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Another 5 weeks without a striker. Good luck to you Roy Hodgson because the board are asking you to pick up the pieces of a shit storm that the club served up in the summer. Looks really good that we couldnít send the paper work off in time for Niasse. Absolute joke

That is not what happened, the agent hiked his fees at the last minute.

MFBias
26-10-2017, 01:15 PM
I suppose the only bright spot is that nearly everyone on here seems to think we have totally had it, so any surprise win or draw will cheer the crowd up!! I just hope we score first on Sat (or even score at all.............)

That is positivity I can get behind. I will still get a season ticket if we go down, if we stay up its a bonus. Im not going to get stressed about it as so many seem to on here.

carter
26-10-2017, 01:17 PM

Fair enough. At the time thatís what I had read. Either way, he should of paid it

ct_
26-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Fair enough. At the time thatís what I had read. Either way, he should of paid it

Right to refuse if it's a totally unreasonable request.

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 01:26 PM
TBF Niasse has looked pretty terrible.

rambo1
26-10-2017, 01:27 PM

Exactly how I Read it.
Back in a Couple of weeks,Christian Benteke,Stated he was aiming to be Back by Tottenham.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 01:28 PM

This is how I've interpreted it - possibly back for Everton or the game after more likely.

It really is a terrible state of affairs to go this long without a striker. Pathetic really.

BringbackShipps
26-10-2017, 01:33 PM

He gambled and it backfired...we'll never know what the agent asked for but we do know we ended up spending nearly £30m on Schlupp and PVA in January as a result of a previous failed gamble with the left back position which left us wide open and desperate. To do the same again, which will no doubt mean another desperate transfer fee in January and a probable relegation due to all the points dropped in the meantime, is shocking. The fact that Niasse is terrible is irrelevant really, the club had identified him as the man they wanted. That's a separate discussion about how shite our scouting is/why we left it so late if he was the only option! Whatever way you look at it, it's just a complete cluster.

WorthingEagle
26-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Exactly what many said would happen if we took it down to the wire with clubs and agents knowing we were desperate. Deadline day is great if you're looking to pick up a 'nice to have' bargain to supplement a balanced squad, not so much if every agent in the world knows you've only got one striker.

smoll
26-10-2017, 01:44 PM
We had no option but to pay whatever the agent wanted. The agent knew that. Parish has saved a few quid but left us up shit creek without a paddle

Shipp Ahoy!
26-10-2017, 01:59 PM
We had no option but to pay whatever the agent wanted. The agent knew that. Parish has saved a few quid but left us up shit creek without a paddle

The agent took the piss royally, it was a completely unreasonable amount he demanded. Problem was he had us over a barrel and chose to use it.

We shouldn't have allowed ourselves to be put into that position.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 02:05 PM
As if, McArthur has been one of our best players recently.

Agree he has been good. But he's not as creative as RLC. It depends if they will sit back like Newcastle or take the game to us. If they do the latter he would be influential and we win imho.

Actually I'd like to see us go for it and over commit, and let them counter on us. If we sit off them they will kill us in the air and dominate. On the counter it's more likely to be to feet and we have more chance of competing.

We need to attack them.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 02:06 PM

Agreed. I think he's very average. Would rather have Townsend up front and save the £10m to put towards a decent striker. Or a young winger. Or a centre mid. Or a goalkeeper. A striker won't be top priority when CB and CW are both fit, and Zaha has several more goals to his name. Keep the faith. COYP

Yoda
26-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Koeman received stick for not replacing Lukaku, yet was willing to also offload Niasse.

This would have weakened Evertonís striker options even more.....which makes me wonder whether Koeman knew that Niasse wasnít going to make significant difference to them and heíd rather have him off their books.

mushroom
26-10-2017, 02:11 PM

He is ****in awful.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Niasse has scored more goals in the league than our entire squad so far this season. Let that sink in...

Kai
26-10-2017, 03:21 PM
The agent took the piss royally, it was a completely unreasonable amount he demanded. Problem was he had us over a barrel and chose to use it.

We shouldn't have allowed ourselves to be put into that position.

That is what happen when we leave all our business to the final minutes of deadline day. Shame we never ever learn.

rambo1
26-10-2017, 04:41 PM
This is how I've interpreted it - possibly back for Everton or the game after more likely.

It really is a terrible state of affairs to go this long without a striker. Pathetic really.

An out & out Striker,Target Man,Isn't Necessary,as Goals can come from Elsewhere.As Proved against Chelsea.
Could do with,Christian Benteke,Back However,to add to the Options.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 04:45 PM
An out & out Striker,Target Man,Isn't Necessary,as Goals can come from Elsewhere.As Proved against Chelsea.

Ah yes, all those goals our midfielders and defenders are scoring. Chelsea was one match. By my reckoning we have scored in 1 out of 9 league games and we've scored four goals in three league cup games. We simply aren't scoring goals. Look at the scoring stats - we have no one bar Benteke and Zaha who scores. Where are these goals going to come from?

Skiddo
26-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Ah yes, all those goals our midfielders and defenders are scoring. Chelsea was one match. By my reckoning we have scored in 1 out of 9 league games and we've scored four goals in three league cup games. We simply aren't scoring goals. Look at the scoring stats - we have no one bar Benteke and Zaha who scores. Where are these goals going to come from?

And we only had Azpilicueta for one match so we can't rely on him again until March next year.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 05:00 PM
And we only had Azpilicueta for one match so we can't rely on him again until March next year.

Own goal could be our top scorer if we're not careful...

smoll
26-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Yeah he looked terrible when he came on for Everton and scored twice to win them the game v Bournemouth

Shipp Ahoy!
26-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeah he looked terrible when he came on for Everton and scored twice to win them the game v Bournemouth

James Scowcroft scored a hat trick once...

CPFC.1990
26-10-2017, 06:21 PM

What Palace have you been watching? Only Zaha has scored for us in the league.

andyocpfc
26-10-2017, 08:24 PM
No way did Roy mean Benteke would be another 4-5 weeks.

Roy looked and sounded spikey today. He sounded like he means he business now and not fannying around with the players now. I liked it.

AJ
26-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Top form? They lost to Brighton 3-0 4 days ago. A good job you weren't at the Battle of Agincourt
They can from 2-0 down against a decent Spuds team to win last night. I am referring to the latest game, not the one before.

elgin eagle
26-10-2017, 08:50 PM

He looked like a new player. Edgar Davids with legs.

AJ
26-10-2017, 08:50 PM
He's always put a shift in. Problem for him is fitness to last 90. That said would be happy with a good 70 mins from him every week!
Last the 90 minutes? He is 21!

Martin H
26-10-2017, 08:58 PM
No way did Roy mean Benteke would be another 4-5 weeks.

Roy looked and sounded spikey today. He sounded like he means he business now and not fannying around with the players now. I liked it.

I watched it earlier and was just going to post about how ratty he seemed to be during the interview. He seemed really p****d off with the journalists themselves spending time to point how stupid their questions were. Some of his answers were a bit odd as he tried to turn everything around to express that. Guess everyone has the right to be grumpy every now and then. The questions were as cliched as ever in any press conference and not particularly dumb.

I am glad you saw it as a positive because my first concern was that it was early signs that he was starting to feel the pressure. I prefer your answer:) we have a long long way to go and if he is prickly after 6 games itís going to proper bumpy later. :)

I have noticed that he and Pardew have probably had the same PR training in that they pretty much start every answer by disagreeing with some element of the question. Itís just a way to take control of the interview and keep the questioners away from their most awkward ones by having them on their toes. Roy like Pardew, is a black belt Dan of the art but Mourinho is likely the world leader.

Alfonso
26-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Watch the full press conference here: https://youtu.be/jr0BVi32PIo

Chillo
26-10-2017, 09:57 PM

That's how I read it too.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 10:11 PM
I hope you guys are right. When I heard him during the live transmission I took it as 4 or 5 weeks which tied up with the initial indication of December for both CB and CW. Havenít seen any sign of him training on his own and so wonder if he is still on gym work. That must mean he has to be a good 3 or 4 weeks out surely?

01CPFC
26-10-2017, 10:59 PM
I watched it earlier and was just going to post about how ratty he seemed to be during the interview. He seemed really p****d off with the journalists themselves spending time to point how stupid their questions were. Some of his answers were a bit odd as he tried to turn everything around to express that. Guess everyone has the right to be grumpy every now and then. The questions were as cliched as ever in any press conference and not particularly dumb.

I am glad you saw it as a positive because my first concern was that it was early signs that he was starting to feel the pressure. I prefer your answer:) we have a long long way to go and if he is prickly after 6 games it’s going to proper bumpy later. :)

I have noticed that he and Pardew have probably had the same PR training in that they pretty much start every answer by disagreeing with some element of the question. It’s just a way to take control of the interview and keep the questioners away from their most awkward ones by having them on their toes. Roy like Pardew, is a black belt Dan of the art but Mourinho is likely the world leader.

You can tell the pressure is taking its toll on Roy,when he constantly kept putting his hand into his left jacket pocket.
Never seen him do that before and looked very uneasy.
I found it very irritating
Hope we can reverse this poor form starting with the Hammers
COYP

jhc
27-10-2017, 10:39 AM
I have to say that he is very impressive in his pre & post match press conferences.
I says it as it is, doesn't waffle or try to pull the wool of your eyes.
Everything he said about the fans (especially the away fans) is exactly what they want to hear. There is nothing more infuriating than listening to a manager who comes out with what is obviously a lot of old nonsense.
Good or bad, he always seems to make an accurate assessment of the way we have played.

bigend1
27-10-2017, 10:51 AM
I took the comments regarding Ben as he's still on course for the original 6-8week recovery and has been out for 4-5 weeks so 1-4 weeks.

Not sure if that's ready to play or full training of course.

He also says he's on track but not ready for this week and his tone to me was we can say 100% not this week and the we'll see.

My suspicion from that interview and the time frame originally was that he might be 50:50 for the Spurs game and shouldn't/hopefully won't be risked with the important games coming after and the extra time afforded by the international break.

Gut instinct is Everton game for a come back beit start or bench

SussexRed&Blue
27-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Refreshing no nonsense approach and gets the balance right says it how it is.

Liked his answer to the "Must Win" predictable question!

Just has that look of steely determination to get it right at the moment.

trufan
27-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Roy will come into his own if and when we hit some decent form. He's inherited a huge pile of crap and has a huge task digging us out of that. Let's face it, anyone would struggle. But if our players can respond and produce something on the pitch, he's the perfect man to keep us calm and focused on moving forward. It's down to the First XI now. Have they got any balls? We'll know at 5pm tomorrow.

MAX
27-10-2017, 10:56 AM
I have to say that he is very impressive in his pre & post match press conferences.
Everything he said about the fans (especially the away fans) is exactly what they want to hear. There is nothing more infuriating than listening to a manager who comes out with what is obviously a lot of old nonsense.
Good or bad, he always seems to make an accurate assessment of the way we have played.

A very intelligent man. Have really taken to him.

Maidstoned Eagle
27-10-2017, 12:50 PM
If we go down, heīs the fella to sort out the deadwood and rebuild.

Mictor Voses
27-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Yep. Whether or not he would fancy it at 71 though is another thing. Mind you Warnock and Redknapp have done it.

britabroad
27-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Agreed as long as SP learns to keep out of his business.

Windsor_Eagle
27-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Agreed.

You can also see that he has given the players some coherence and belief. I fnd his common sense and intelligence quite inspiring and I am sure the players do too. Don't understand those suggesting that he cannot motivate the players.

tasty_snacks
27-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Agreed.

You can also see that he has given the players some coherence and belief. I fnd his common sense and intelligence quite inspiring and I am sure the players do too. Don't understand those suggesting that he cannot motivate the players.

Seconded. And add 'refreshing' to that list.

in-exile
27-10-2017, 02:54 PM
I didn't want Roy but I like the Guy he comes over very well when talking about us ... It's hard to not like him.

Chobham Eagle
27-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Anyone else find these press conferences increasingly pointless? Just a series of inane questions from journos.

Nostrils
27-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Anyone else find these press conferences increasingly pointless? Just a series of inane questions from journos.

That last one was boring, it's all about who's injured anyway.

Nigelbrag
27-10-2017, 04:54 PM

Without doubt ORP, infact Parish should rebuild the Main Stand and name it the Roy Hodgson Stand.;) On the other hand RH might well save us this season, but the chances of seeing a new Main Stand is maybe asking a bit too much, possibly in the next Millennium is more realistic.:D

kark
27-10-2017, 06:39 PM

He somehow looked full of explosive pace and very aggressive attacking play, shows you how unbelievably athletic prem players are, Sako looks slow and lumbering against every prem team

johnp
27-10-2017, 07:23 PM

At least Hodgson keeps them brief and focuses on the game ahead.

Pardew took every opportunity to bullshit on any non Palace topic to avoid answering questions about the dire results under his pathetic mismanagement of the team.