PDA

View Full Version : What happened in the Upper Holmesdale

Nelson Muntz
30-10-2017, 11:58 AM
It looked like somebody was taken ill soon after kick off on Saturday.
Central Upper Holmesdale.
Any news on what happened and the condition of the fan?

Eaglefoz
30-10-2017, 12:20 PM
There were a lot of stewards both outside and inside that were stopping free movement of people around the Holmesdale. Don't really know why but suspect it may have been an East London intruder, if it was I hope he was disappeared.

Totti
30-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Is there any news on the poor chap who collapsed just after KO in the upper tier ?

Dorking .Eagle
30-10-2017, 12:48 PM
A guy had a heart attack, he just slumped in his seat and stopped breathing. Some fans literally carried him into the row 3 walkway and St Johns Ambulance people turned up quickly with a defibrillator did CPR and worked on him for what seemed like ages and ages.

They got him breathing and moved him to the concourse and screened it off with stewards coats, (hence the restricted movement around the area) and even the club doctor came up from behind the dugout to help.

We asked a steward at the end of the game and when he left the ground in the ambulance he was breathing, so a brilliant job by all concerned really.

I think a premier league ground must be the safest place to have a heart attack what with all the trained people on hand to assist.

Jordan555x
30-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Bloody hell glad hes breathing. Sad to hear stuff like this happening to our Palace family.

pap
30-10-2017, 01:02 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272622

Sounds like he's okay :)

richdeniro
30-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Saw it all unfolding, was good to see it handled so professionally. No one complaining about not being able to get to the bars either, everyone was pretty respectful.

Owngoal
30-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Totally unaware that this happened in my part of the Upper but glad to hear our medical support worked. Hope recovery keeps up.

mulla64
30-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Big respect to the St John's and paramedics for the way they handled this.
Hope the fella makes a full recovery.

RCUK
30-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Glad to hear a positive outcome there - and well done to all those who helped the chap out carrying him down etc.

thereichstuff
30-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Good news .

Yoda
30-10-2017, 04:29 PM
My GP practice used to supply two doctors for the matches. One was club doctor and therefore his main focus was the players. The other was there predominantly for the spectators, as things do happen in 25,000 crowds....especially given the heightened emotions, drink, age of some etc. I could see them for my seat and they held phones/radios for communication.

And there are many St John’s around, who look keen for action! They have stretchers hidden behind the advertising hoardings in front the Main Stand, and bulging rucksacks that I believe contain defibrillators.

Yes, you probably will get quicker professional help at Selhurst than pretty much anywhere else in Croydon!

I hope the gentleman is OK.

ForzaPalace
30-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Good news but also scary - imagine if he'd had been in a toilet cubicle or something when it happened.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
30-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Good news but also scary - imagine if he'd had been in a toilet cubicle or something when it happened.

Where do you think the term dying for a shit comes from?

Eaglefoz
30-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Ah, so it was medical emergency.
Glad to see the guy survived. All dealt with quietly and efficiently it seems. well done stewards and fans around him.

Yoda
30-10-2017, 04:44 PM

That reminds of my last visit to the Royal Albert Hall during the Proms.

I was walking past the loos when a guy came out and said they thought an old boy had been in a locked cubicle for a long time, and werenít sure whether to be concerned or not.

I pointed him towards one of the door stewards, as heíd be able to summon help for this sort of situation. Given the age of some at the Proms, I fear incidents arenít rare there, sadly.

I hope he was just having a snooze...

Nelson Muntz
31-10-2017, 12:44 PM
According to Twitter, the guy who had a heart attack was Steve Ware who's known as Wolfie.
He's recovering from a triple by pass op. His daughter said on twitter that's he's recovering well.
Good news.

Gizmo
01-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Totally unaware that this happened in my part of the Upper but glad to hear our medical support worked. Hope recovery keeps up.

Same here

Gizmo
01-11-2017, 02:54 PM

That happened to my uncle many years ago.

NYEagle
01-11-2017, 07:09 PM
According to Twitter, the guy who had a heart attack was Steve Ware who's known as Wolfie.
He's recovering from a triple by pass op. His daughter said on twitter that's he's recovering well.
Good news.

Thatís great news.

Dorking .Eagle
01-11-2017, 07:46 PM
From HOL:

update on Steve is that he is doing well today,still on a ventilator but stable and in pain due to broken ribs caused by CPR, but he is alive and will bounce back.
his family say a big thank you to all you loyal fans for your concern

old git
01-11-2017, 07:53 PM
From HOL:

update on Steve is that he is doing well today,still on a ventilator but stable and in pain due to broken ribs caused by CPR, but he is alive and will bounce back.
his family say a big thank you to all you loyal fans for your concern

Good news:p
Thanks for posting.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Good stuff