PDA

View Full Version : Two days later - A point won or 2 lost

exiledeagle
30-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Must be honest I am not sure how I feel . Elated at equalising with last kick of the game . Pleased we stopped West Ham getting 3 points and delighted with 2nd half performance .
However after Chelsea I felt we needed a total of 4 points over Newcastle and West Ham matches . Not sure we can afford many more slip ups . Thought we were too passive in first half and only really raised our game when we were behind .

eagle-leg
30-10-2017, 05:02 PM
A point won. Context is everything.

CPFC.1990
30-10-2017, 05:07 PM
2 lost. West Ham were abysmal.

eagle mart
30-10-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm in the two lost camp. How we conceded two goals in the first half seems to have been swept under the carpet after our second half performance. West Ham had two attempts on target.

But a point is better than nothing.

East-End Eagle
30-10-2017, 05:16 PM
It is what it is. All I hope is that we build on the great feeling that last minute equaliser should have generated in the dressing room. Just a shame our next game is spurs away.

Thefunkymonk
30-10-2017, 05:17 PM

Yep.

A point rescued from what should of been 3 points. They are truely dog shit

Penstone Eagle
30-10-2017, 05:18 PM
When you keep conceding goals such as the one when Luca lost the ball, then it's difficult to win games without scoring at least 2 goals.

Point won.

Martin H
30-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Yep.

A point rescued from what should of been 3 points. They are truely dog shit

I don't get why we persisted with that shape for 60 mins. It really wasn't working and the first goal was a giveaway from them as Andros was going no where. Part of the problem is that the only way he can balance attack and defence is with 12 players. It might be easier this week because he can set to defend.

RCUK
30-10-2017, 05:38 PM
95mins into the game we would have all taken a point - so i see it as a point won.

We caught Hart on a good day, otherwise that game would have been 5-2.

Benzhiyi
30-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Yep.

davech
30-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Point won. For now, every point is a point won. And we are still closer to safety now than at this point in 2013/14

palacelad197o
30-10-2017, 05:43 PM
3 points Vs Everton is a must

mogsey1510
30-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Must be honest I am not sure how I feel . Elated at equalising with last kick of the game . Pleased we stopped West Ham getting 3 points and delighted with 2nd half performance .
However after Chelsea I felt we needed a total of 4 points over Newcastle and West Ham matches . Not sure we can afford many more slip ups . Thought we were too passive in first half and only really raised our game when we were behind .
2 points lost with out a doubt. 2 basic defensive errors/lapse in concentration & we smashed then in the 2nd half. Just need to improve/tighten up at the back & up our goals scored to chances created ratio & we're be ok.

Mind you if it was that easy we'd all be doing it!!��

MFBias
30-10-2017, 05:54 PM
A hard valiant point won.

Two points lost just seems a negative mindset to me. The team will take positives into the next game after not giving up fighting.

davech
30-10-2017, 05:59 PM
95mins into the game we would have all taken a point - so i see it as a point won.

We caught Hart on a good day, otherwise that game would have been 5-2.

Yep.

Every 'keeper seems to play a blinder against us. Time for a stinker. Next week, please.

Worksop Palace
30-10-2017, 06:02 PM
We will know come the business end of the season. If we stay up by a point....

Mr Palace
30-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Two points dropped against an awful team. But if that last second equaliser acts as a springboard to better things then it will be worth it.

Palace Kebab
30-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Every point we get currently is a point gained. Most of us would have taken 4 points from the last three games

Ardent Eagle Forever
30-10-2017, 06:34 PM
A point won plus the morale boost for a team that they now know they can come from behind.

JackTheBiscuit
30-10-2017, 07:12 PM

Yes. We won't play a worse team this season.

Baffled Bob 2
30-10-2017, 07:18 PM
3 points Vs Everton is a must

No. I think this daft. There are still 30 games to go.

It would be nice. But a draw wouldn't be a disaster. Or even a defeat. We'd still have to go again. Why pile the pressure on ourselves in this way?

CP-RJW
30-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Every point we get currently is a point gained. Most of us would have taken 4 points from the last three games
Most of us wouldn’t have taken 1 point from the last two games though.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
30-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Point won and hopefully a turning point

norwoodeagle
30-10-2017, 07:25 PM
No. I think this daft. There are still 30 games to go.

It would be nice. But a draw wouldn't be a disaster. Or even a defeat. We'd still have to go again. Why pile the pressure on ourselves in this way?

28 games to go. At a one point average we would have 32 points so relegation.
We need to get back to a point a game average to be in with a chance of staying up.
I'd hope that we can win 4 or possibly 5 of the next 9 games . That will mean we are going in the right direction and have a second half of the season that sees us get 20+ points

cdm61
30-10-2017, 07:27 PM
2 points lost shot ourselves in the foot again. That was a game you would have booked in for a win.

palace23
30-10-2017, 07:38 PM
11 games to win and a couple of draws out of the next 28 and we'll stay up.
SO for me a POINT WON.
And let's hope like Wilf that when back from injury and with a World Cup coming up Tekkers will be firing on all cylinders.

SussexRed&Blue
30-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Got to be a point gained and real positive that we were able to show some character and come back from 2 down. Will give the players more belief.

Would of been pretty gutting not to get anything out of the game.

Sakho was a big miss on Saturday and we missed him at the back to organise things so a draw was not a disaster.

What shocked me was the amount of chances that we were able to create compared to the 1st half and we could of easily won it 4-2 or more baring some Joe Hart heroics.

A good sign that we were able to do this with Cabaye having a great game.

Just need to cut out the soft goals and make the opposition have to work it. We were so wide open on the right hand side of the defence for the 1st goal.

Good signs of improvement in performances will hopefully bring us points before we get to the January transfer window.

The sign of a good manager though is working with and improving the players at his disposal. Hodgson doing a great job at the moment with the players he has available to pick from.

Even Sako looks more up for the fight ahead and better level of fitness.

RAB
30-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Of course it was brilliant to salvage a point after such a poor first half that was symptomatic of how this season is going. Hodgson knows that individual mistakes have got to stop and the defence simply has got to tighten up.

Palace can't lurch from one 'must not lose' to the next. It'll be like swimming in a woollen overcoat if this goes on until January and beyond.

Putting aside the second half heroics, it was two points lost.

Zohar's Penalty
30-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Both

Danny_Cheviot
30-10-2017, 07:57 PM
A point won.

The 2 goals conceded in the first half were ...............

Gotta sort that sh*t out ASAP.

Worksop Palace
30-10-2017, 07:59 PM

Really ? A newly promoted team and a home game against a woefully out of form WH ? 1 point ?

Nah

Edit - wouldn't ...

I agree :)

Yoda
30-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Once I heard that Sakho and Mac were out, I was fearing we’d lose.

So I’m happy with the point.

If Sakho and Benteke had been fit, I’d have been hoping for 3 points.

JDawg
30-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Could easily have won this. But within a squeek of losing it, unjust or otherwise. So I'll settle for the point. Irritating that we sneeked a draw at home but the weeds beat them 3-0 away.

We do need to stop losing possession when everyone is pushed up. That's four goals this season.

There's something like 28 games left and I think we'll need another 32 points. So we do need to start stringing some wins together. Nearly won't do for much longer.

sw16girl
30-10-2017, 11:20 PM
I didn't see the game (granddaughters birthday party) and as a result I think of it as two points dropped. I suspect if I had been there I'd think of it as one won. But JDawg is right - nearly is not going to be an option for much longer.

aj4england
31-10-2017, 07:29 AM
2 points lost shot ourselves in the foot again. That was a game you would have booked in for a win.

Yep shot ourselves yet again in a must win game only consultation that we rallied to get a point and stop them pulling further away.

Hector
31-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Got to be 2 lost. West Ham were poor and we were at home. Too many points dropped against bottom 8 teams in the last 2 years could be our undoing.

exiledeagle
31-10-2017, 09:45 AM

I doubt it . If we are to survive we should have taken 3 minimum , preferably 4 .

firesign
31-10-2017, 10:11 AM
A point won and a morale boost for us - two points lost and a morale sapper for West Ham.

macstar
31-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Exactly once the dust has settled you realise it is two points dropped. We cant keep dropping points to the other 'shite' teams around us. Stoke and Everton........4 points min requirement

RCUK
31-10-2017, 10:53 AM
I read something like there are only 4 teams in the entire leagues that have yet to keep a clean sheet this season.

Our defensive lapses really arent helping.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-10-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm afraid it is definitely 2 points missed out on. We are already over a quarter of the way through the season and already a significant way behind. We need to start winning games very, very quickly - especially those when we are on top.

Still delighted we got 1 more than zero and hopefully the nature of it (so, so late) can give us a lift and increase our chances of getting more in the upcoming weeks.

However, in terms of trying to stay up, a point wasn't anywhere near enough.

Nigelbrag
31-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Its very easy to say it was 2 points lost, but what we must not forget is the our record this season is abysmal and Home form even worse apart from the unexpected Chelsea win. Without doubt we all wanted to see a win against West Ham, but lets not forget the morale boosting win they had in midweek against inform Spurs so would have been buoyant coming into this game, especially so after going Two goals up.
So for Palace to have fought their way back was some achievement for all Home fans to be proud off, and most pleasing of all was we never gave up trying and that is all we can ask especially from this under strength team.
What is important to remember the FOUR points recently gained is a step in the right direction which now gives us belief that safety is a possibility, who would have thought that after our first 7 games.

red&blue_moomin
31-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Got to be 2 lost. West Ham were poor and we were at home. Too many points dropped against bottom 8 teams in the last 2 years could be our undoing.

It's a point won then considering we have been mostly dog shit at home bar two little periods under Pulis and Pardew.

Our defence is shocking it has been for nearly two years. Any match where we don't lose at home at this stage is points won because we normally lose.

PauLo
31-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Whilst we were excellent, it still took us till the 97th minute to get a draw. We were clearly the better team, but a better team than us would have wiped the floor with them.

Definitely a point gained.

Norvun Mankey
31-10-2017, 01:01 PM
I take comfort from the fact that no team that lost its first 7 games without scoring has ever been relegated

Les Butler
31-10-2017, 01:14 PM
With a couple of seconds to go a point won, you can batter them all game hit the woodwork whatever but if you don't score...Plus the first half we looked asleep especially when being more worried about a penalty call than defending a counter attack.

We cannot feck around in this league like that.

sylvan eagle
31-10-2017, 03:04 PM
If we had scored five minutes earlier I reckon we would have won

eagleincroydon
31-10-2017, 07:32 PM
i believe cpfc will stay out of relgation , we showing fighting spirit , even goals being scored without recoingnised strikers

NorthPalace23
31-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Point gained.

Shoots of recovery are evident. There is still more work to be done though.

After Spurs the next 8 are against bottom half teams and the likes of Watford in the top half. We need a big points return from those games!

eagleincroydon
31-10-2017, 07:45 PM
cofc rolecoasters

cpfc4evandeva
31-10-2017, 07:47 PM
It was 2 points lost, and Newcastle was a point lost.

It's a shame, but it's these sort of results that f*ck you in May.

SeanPalace84
31-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Yep! 100%

Fatboy
31-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Two points dropped against an awful team. But if that last second equaliser acts as a springboard to better things then it will be worth it.

An Awful team showing what we badly lack at the moment - A quality goalkeeper and striker who knows where the goal is.

Hart was very good and made his own luck from good positioning with his saves. Quality finish from Ayew.

Both these players earned West Ham a point.

Se9 eagles
31-10-2017, 08:05 PM

We can't be unlucky all season can we?

palacemetros
31-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Seems to be a trend with a lot of our supporters that when we get anything out of a game, the opposition is always awful. It's never anything to do with what Palace do is it? Unless we lose of course, in which case we are always sh*t regardless of how the opposition play.

This was a point gained against the total required to stay up. Given our record at home against everyone in general and WHU in particular, I would think most people would have accepted that before kick off.

DocSavage
31-10-2017, 08:13 PM
i have no idea

but what the heck

it's palace and that's the way we like it

:)

CharlieCPFC
31-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Point won.

West Ham bloke at work said how gutted they were because they knew we're on the up and that'll hurt them. Had we lost that we'd be shattered in belief and confidence and it'd take something strong to overcome the inevitable gap that'll open up.

Unbeaten in two home games now, we need to build on that and make Selhurst the nasty place to come that it once was.

Timbo
31-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Good thread! I am in a good mood about that result so a point won for me

Maidstone Eagle
31-10-2017, 10:48 PM
The lift it would have given the players is almost worth more than the point.

Never gave up

thereichstuff
31-10-2017, 10:52 PM
I take comfort from the fact that no team that lost its first 7 games without scoring has ever been relegated

:p

MFBias
31-10-2017, 10:59 PM
I was buzzing after the game, it seems most of you were disappointed?

Happy Arthur
31-10-2017, 11:02 PM
I felt 4 points was the absolute minimum after 10 games, so I'm pleased with a point after the way it went.

Pierre
31-10-2017, 11:55 PM
This was initially 2 points lost. However due to injuries to Sakho & McArthur a point a piece looked a reasonable outcome.
However from being 0-2 down at half time you would have said a point apiece would be a good result but the pasting we gave West Ham in the second half it ended up being 2 points lost!

New LP
01-11-2017, 12:04 AM
A hard valiant point won.

Two points lost just seems a negative mindset to me. The team will take positives into the next game after not giving up fighting.

Irrespective of whether you dislike a ‘negative mindset’ the truth is that we didn’t turn up for 45 minutes and blew our chance of 3 points in that period. Conceding the initiative has cost us plenty this season and needs to be eradicated if we are to stay up. So that’s a negative. Yes the fightback was stirring stuff but we only had ourself to blame for having to settle for point against poor opposition.

New LP
01-11-2017, 12:06 AM
I was buzzing after the game, it seems most of you were disappointed?

In the context of the game then of course you are pleased to get a point after being 0-2 down.

However, in the context of our season it was another precious 2 points dropped.

PeterH
01-11-2017, 01:33 AM
2 points denied West Ham, and that was so much more important than the 1 point we gained.

GreatGonzo
01-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Both.

Overall we should have won that game, were the better team, had the better chances etc etc so 2 points lost.

However on 95 minutes we were 2-1 down and staring defeat in the face, so 1 point gained.

MFBias
01-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Yes we could consider every game as two/three points lost, but ultimately in injury time at 2-1 we would have all been delighted with a point... which is what happened.

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
01-11-2017, 04:33 PM
I see it as a point won. If we can continue as we have over the last three games for the rest of the season ie win, lose, draw, it will see us finish on slightly over 40 points and almost guarantees safety.

Penstone Eagle
01-11-2017, 05:04 PM
In the context of the game then of course you are pleased to get a point after being 0-2 down.

However, in the context of our season it was another precious 2 points dropped.

This

trufan
01-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Was more than happy on the day, but have a nagging feeling we'll regret this result as the season wears on. We need some wins on the board soon, or the huge task we currently face will begin to look insurmountable. If we ever reached that stage, I fear things may crumble very quickly.

MFBias
01-11-2017, 06:36 PM
I would understand if we were two up and gave up in the 97th minute that it could be considered two points lost but it is quite opposite.

sydnsteve
02-11-2017, 01:43 PM
At 3pm, 2 points lost, at 4.57pm defo one gained!

MFBias
02-11-2017, 06:12 PM
At 3pm, 2 points lost, at 4.57pm defo one gained!

At 3pm it was 0-0, Even at 4pm it was 2-0 so 3 points... but yes at 4.57pm is was one point gained.