Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Nah, got a month to prepare..

Penstone Eagle
01-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Hope someone clatters than obnoxious tit Ali and Kane

SeanPalace84
01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
They are playing well but Real Madrid have lost it. So much space!

CP-RJW
01-11-2017, 08:34 PM
They are playing well but Real Madrid have lost it. So much space!
Already 8 points adrift in La Liga too, need to get their act together

CommercialStone
01-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Good to see a few English players doing well

SeanPalace84
01-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Already 8 points adrift in La Liga too, need to get their act together

After last season I thought that Real Madrid would be invincible this season, football is a funny game..Something seems very very wrong at that club.

CP-RJW
01-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Ah shite just noticed the thread title :D Could do with an edit.

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 08:56 PM
FFS. 2 defenders and a goalie down.

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 08:57 PM
wow.. 2-0.. haha

st albans
01-11-2017, 08:57 PM
FFS. 2 defenders and a goalie down.

Excellent. You do realise we’re playing them on Sunday

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Check out my avatar.

Worksop Palace
01-11-2017, 09:00 PM

:D

Mr Palace
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Ah, I'm suddenly not looking forward to Sunday. Spurs on fire.

RazorsEdge
01-11-2017, 09:12 PM
3-0 now, not sure if Kane is playing, need to check the line ups

Spindle
01-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Check out my avatar.

What? You are a second team wanker? :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

You don't belong here mate, go support Brighton where that is normal.

Spindle
01-11-2017, 09:13 PM
3-0 now, not sure if Kane is playing, need to check the line ups

Tottenham

1 Lloris
4 Alderweireld Substituted for Sissokoat 24'minutes
6 Sánchez
5 Vertonghen
2 Trippier
23 Eriksen
15 Dier
29 Winks Substituted for Dembéléat 66'minutes
33 Davies
20 Alli
10 Kane

Substitutes

3 Rose
7 Son Heung-min
13 Vorm
17 Sissoko
18 Llorente
19 Dembélé
24 Aurier

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
What? You are a second team wanker? :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

You don't belong here mate, go support Brighton where that is normal.

Been here longer than you. No 'second team' about it.

And when Sunday comes, whatever the result you won't see me being anything other than fair. I have enjoyed this board for a long time.

Spindle
01-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Citeh winning 3-2 now

bradpitt
01-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Real Madrid are dog shit

WLYWLYAWYPWF
Ah, I'm suddenly not looking forward to Sunday. Spurs on fire.

All set up.nicely for a classic, flat "after the lord mayor's show" display on Sunday. We just need to take advantage, if that proves to be the case.

Spindle
Been here longer than you.

Yeah I forgot that nobody supported a team before the internet was invented.

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Yeah I forgot that nobody supported a team before the internet was invented.

well, now you know.

RazorsEdge
01-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Tottenham

1 Lloris
4 Alderweireld Substituted for Sissokoat 24'minutes
6 Sánchez
5 Vertonghen
2 Trippier
23 Eriksen
15 Dier
29 Winks Substituted for Dembéléat 66'minutes
33 Davies
20 Alli
10 Kane

Substitutes

3 Rose
7 Son Heung-min
13 Vorm
17 Sissoko
18 Llorente
19 Dembélé
24 Aurier

Thanks, I saw the scorers and thought Kane was not playing, he is fit for Sunday then...

SussexRed&Blue
01-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Hopefully using all their goals up tonight before Sunday.

CP-RJW
01-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Should’ve been a hatrick for Alli!

andyocpfc
01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
3-1. Funny if they got another in the next couple of mins

Mr Palace
01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
All set up.nicely for a classic, flat "after the lord mayor's show" display on Sunday. We just need to take advantage, if that proves to be the case.

Very much hope so!

RazorsEdge
01-11-2017, 09:23 PM
3-1. Funny if they got another in the next couple of mins

Knowing Spurs, Real might get it....

RazorsEdge
01-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Should’ve been a hatrick for Alli!

Yup going by 5 live

Mr Mojo Risin
01-11-2017, 09:25 PM
If we win on Sunday can we say that we are better than Real Madrid?

RazorsEdge
01-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Modric who according to commentators was the best Real player is taken off...

bradpitt
01-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Ramos is a dirty swine

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Ramos is a dirty swine

He'll kick others, pull the shirt, dive to get someone else booked/sent off (Juve CL final) and not get punished.. then, do something like kick the ball away or clap the ref (like just now) and get booked. Pantomime villain.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
01-11-2017, 09:49 PM

Going by tonight we are. They were shite.

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 09:49 PM
also. Quite shocked Dortmund have drawn twice with APOEL. This was meant to be a tough group with APOEL the whipping boys.

Latvian Eagle
01-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Going by tonight we are. They were shite.

Surprised how much the press have made about Spurs beating Real Madrid tonight. Even when watching the Sevilla game tonight the commentators kept going on about how shocking it was that Spurs were winning.

It's not really a shock... Spurs are a decent team and Real Madrid have been proper crap this season.

Les Butler
01-11-2017, 10:07 PM

Plus Spurs if we win,cannot wait :eek:

Daniel_Nash
01-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Surprised how much the press have made about Spurs beating Real Madrid tonight. Even when watching the Sevilla game tonight the commentators kept going on about how shocking it was that Spurs were winning.

It's not really a shock... Spurs are a decent team and Real Madrid have been proper crap this season.

Not really a shock. The signs were there in the first game. And since then Real have lost Navas, Varane and Bale still out, and lost to Girona. But Marcelo said they are more motivated in the CL.

I don't think the English commentators know anything outside of the Premier League, and even then they seem to repeat the same tabloid headlines game after game.

HOVE EAGLE
01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Spurs love fest on radio 5 live
Fan just said potentially the best side ever in their history !
Please palace get something on Sunday

CP-RJW
01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
“English football is absolutely back! It has taken a while but they are the powerhouses now and have taken over from the Spanish.”- Pat Nevin on BBC Sport :D :D For Christ sake, yes congrats to Spurs for beating out of form Real Madrid in the group stages, but that doesn’t mean English teams are the new superpower. Man City’s defense is very dodgy, Spurs are good but not that good, and Chelsea aren’t doing anything this year. Man Ure honestly have the best chance in my opinion just because Mourinho knows what he’s doing when it comes to knockout football. But even then, Barca, Bayern, Juve and PSG are out of their leagues. Probably Real too as they’ll have their shit sorted out by the time the knockouts start imo.

meee
01-11-2017, 11:25 PM
I don't think the English commentators know anything

efa

“English football is absolutely back! It has taken a while but they are the powerhouses now and have taken over from the Spanish.”- Pat Nevin on BBC Sport :D :D For Christ sake, yes congrats to Spurs for beating out of form Real Madrid in the group stages, but that doesn’t mean English teams are the new superpower. Man City’s defense is very dodgy, Spurs are good but not that good, and Chelsea aren’t doing anything this year. Man Ure honestly have the best chance in my opinion just because Mourinho knows what he’s doing when it comes to knockout football. But even then, Barca, Bayern, Juve and PSG are out of their leagues. Probably Real too as they’ll have their shit sorted out by the time the knockouts start imo.

Pat Nevin is a good pundit but that is still reactionary.When Barca win the CL and Atletico the EL everyone will be banging on about how good Spanish teams are in Europe again,and then claiming that their league fixtures are somehow easier and that makes all the difference.That said,the top English sides are much better right now than they have been for at least 8 years.

PALACEWU
02-11-2017, 12:02 AM
Roy Keane saying if Liverpool were playing in his back garden he'd close the curtains, brillo. Wanker.

Louis
02-11-2017, 12:18 AM
the top English sides are much better right now than they have been for at least 8 years.
I could be accused of being picky, but saying 'English sides' sounds wrong for sides packed with top foreign players - English clubs might be more appropriate. I agree with your point, English clubs having the top foreign managers must help too.

TheMexicanHorse
02-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Does this mean when we turn over Tottenham on Sunday it makes us better than Madrid?!

PS2
02-11-2017, 07:14 AM
well, now you know.

You did enjoy the five nil drubbing of the weed tho. At points, you were singng.

On behalf of Mickus.

Daniel_Nash
02-11-2017, 07:48 AM
You did enjoy the five nil drubbing of the weed tho. At points, you were singng.

On behalf of Mickus.

Indeed. That was a great weekend and Mick looked after me, bought the ticket I believe :p

danpalace07
02-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Anyone who doesn't watch the Champions League - what the **** are you doing?! The football last night from both City and Spurs was sensational (watched the City game live). Both are putting English football back on the map with English players shining against the best teams in the world. Sterling was City's MOTM with Stones (and Otamendi) not far behind, how they've matured under Pep. Be amazed if they don't at least reach the semi's, they are looking like a top 3 team. Just them playing out of Napoli's intense high press was brilliant to watch.

As for Spurs, I think Winks is England's missing piece in midfield. Southgate needs to integrate him asap, his control and vision is so good for his age and inexperience. We need a deeper player to control the build up like him so much. Copy the Spurs system tonight with him and Dier in midfield, Rose and Walker WB's, front 3 of Kane, Sterling and Rashford or Alli (stepped up last night) and we should create enough against any team. Pochettino deserves every bit of credit for what he's done at Spurs.

great night for English football whether you like the clubs or not

palace64
02-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Anyone who doesn't watch the Champions League - what the **** are you doing?! The football last night from both City and Spurs was sensational (watched the City game live). Both are putting English football back on the map with English players shining against the best teams in the world. Sterling was City's MOTM with Stones (and Otamendi) not far behind, how they've matured under Pep. Be amazed if they don't at least reach the semi's, they are looking like a top 3 team. Just them playing out of Napoli's intense high press was brilliant to watch.

As for Spurs, I think Winks is England's missing piece in midfield. Southgate needs to integrate him asap, his control and vision is so good for his age and inexperience. We need a deeper player to control the build up like him so much. Copy the Spurs system tonight with him and Dier in midfield, Rose and Walker WB's, front 3 of Kane, Sterling and Rashford or Alli (stepped up last night) and we should create enough against any team. Pochettino deserves every bit of credit for what he's done at Spurs.

football is shit on the telly thats why i dont watch it

jimmy the gent
02-11-2017, 09:46 AM
I could be accused of being picky, but saying 'English sides' sounds wrong for sides packed with top foreign players - English clubs might be more appropriate. I agree with your point, English clubs having the top foreign managers must help too.

Spurs have plenty of British players in their regular first team. More than Madrid have Spanish, i'd guess.

WorthingEagle
02-11-2017, 09:51 AM

Selling it to BT was a big mistake. I've gotten out of the habit of watching it, and I have no desire to pay extra on top of Sky's rip off prices to do so. If there's no easily accessible football on (Palace excluded), I'll just do something else.

EagleSE24
02-11-2017, 09:57 AM

Yeah, if I were Southgate I'd let Pochettino do my job for me as much as possible. Get Trippier, Rose, Winks, Dier, Alli and Kane in the side and you've got 6 of 10 outfield players knowing what they're doing.

HOVE EAGLE
02-11-2017, 10:23 AM

Ok so there have been a couple of good games but in general most of it is poor
Wouldn't pay money to watch it on TVs
I quite like the goal rush on channel 5😀

danpalace07
02-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Ok so there have been a couple of good games but in general most of it is poor
Wouldn't pay money to watch it on TVs
I quite like the goal rush on channel 5😀

it's all opinions but I think the groups this year have been pretty good viewing. Even the Europa isn't too bad though really that only gets good when the 3rd placed CL teams drop into it in the knockouts. Games like Arsenal v Atletico or Dortmund will be fun

richdeniro
02-11-2017, 12:06 PM

I was supporting both Madrid and Napoli last night :p

Latvian Eagle
02-11-2017, 12:31 PM
I watched the Sevilla game last night. No idea what Berizzo has done to them but when they concede they become nervous wrecks. It's painful to watch to be honest.

st albans
02-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Anyone who doesn't watch the Champions League - what the **** are you doing?!

watching something else....it's not everyone's cup of tea. yes, last nights games were good. Tuesday nights were not (Utd bore fest against Benfica for example). I get interested in it from the knock outs onwards. Plus, the Apprentice was on....

richdeniro
02-11-2017, 12:47 PM
http://s11.postimg.org/gv9nua4f7/IMG_0010.jpg

danpalace07
02-11-2017, 01:48 PM

to be fair anyone who gets to watch Napoli these days is lucky. Their football is stunning (when they don't run out of juice). Haven't seen a team constantly combine quickly like that for ages

reckon Sarri will replace Conte

kabbott
02-11-2017, 03:43 PM

I hope you'll be supporting Lyon tonight then! :p
I'm going to the the game tonight at the "Groupama Stadium" and hoping we give Everton a good stuffing!
Allez l'OL!

meee
02-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Agreed.:p

I don't think before I type.:D

meee
02-11-2017, 11:45 PM
it's all opinions but I think the groups this year have been pretty good viewing. Even the Europa isn't too bad though really that only gets good when the 3rd placed CL teams drop into it in the knockouts. Games like Arsenal v Atletico or Dortmund will be fun

Napoli
Atletico
Dortmund(if they get their early season form back)
Lazio
Milan
Villarreal
Leipzig,Monaco or Porto

EL knockouts could be fun.

Spurs have plenty of British players in their regular first team. More than Madrid have Spanish, i'd guess.

Actually one of the more likeable things about the current Real Madrid squad(if it is possible to like anything about that club)is the amount of Spanish players they have.

EagleSE24
04-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Yeah, if I were Southgate I'd let Pochettino do my job for me as much as possible. Get Trippier, Rose, Winks, Dier, Alli and Kane in the side and you've got 6 of 10 outfield players knowing what they're doing.

Good article. Says roughly the same as above but far more eruditely.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/03/england-tottenham-eric-dier-harry-winks-dele-alli