PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Hitz or Hradecky?

GreatGonzo
04-11-2017, 04:18 PM
2 keepers, doing pretty well in German football at the moment, Hitz is at Augsberg and Hradecky at Frankfurt and i believe both are out of contract in the summer.

January offer to tempt them to sell?

jimmy the gent
04-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Bringing in an overseas keeper with no experience of English football, and throwing them into a relegation scrap in January would be asking a hell of a lot of them. We've created such a mess for ourselves this year with our woeful transfer dealings...

GreatGonzo
04-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Finns are usually pretty good English speakers so language should not be an issue too much, Hitz is Swiss so not sure how good his English might or might not be.

There will not be many keepers with PL experience available in January so it is likely to be a bit of a gamble whoever it is. If they are a good shotstopper, agile and have been playing at a good level recently, i would take that over knowledge of English football but not played much.

Latvian Eagle
04-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Funny you mention Marwin Hitz GG as I thought about him the other day, he is actually a very very good goalkeeper. It even got me thinking afterwards about how good of a team Augsburg have become in the Bundesliga. They were a dead cert for relegation when they got promoted.

I like Hitz though, I can see some people (not me personally!) having an issue with the fact he is already 30 though (which surprised me as he looks about 13).

Only 3rd choice for Switzerland which surprises me somewhat.

I don't know enough about Hradecky personally, so can only judge on "highlights" videos which of course don't often show the full picture.

CharlieCPFC
04-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Bringing in an overseas keeper with no experience of English football, and throwing them into a relegation scrap in January would be asking a hell of a lot of them. We've created such a mess for ourselves this year with our woeful transfer dealings...

In all fairness the available keepers with experience in England will all be second rate shit anyway bar Adrian at West Ham.

I think the keepers market abroad is a fantastic one to explore, look at the keeper Huddersfield have plucked up, he's been very good. I've no idea on the two mentioned in this thread but I sincerely hope the recruitment team are doing their research overseas and not on past premier league highlights on sky sports 3.

Latvian Eagle
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Lössl was first choice at Mainz. They only loaned him out as they signed Rene Adler on a free. We just seem to look at some proper shit.

Worries me last window (before we were linked to Rønnow right as the window was shutting) the only other keeper we were really linked to was the fella from Fleetwood.

jimmy the gent
04-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Doubt Rene will offer up much resistance

Big Gav
05-11-2017, 12:47 AM
Pope is doing well for Burnley since he got his chance. Surely wouldn't want to stay as a number 2

Neckinger Eagle
05-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Has either player ever been mentioned in Palace's main source of information for scouting, the Palace match day programme?

Nigelbrag
05-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Very true Jimmy, it is very hit and miss and can we afford that gamble? but then if the "GG" suggestions are good keepers (i know nothing about them) then is it so much of a gamble? maybe not, more of a concern would be tempting them if we were still at the bottom.
Personally my choice would always be Fabianski if he and Swansea could be tempted to sell, which i doubt.

BW_Palace
05-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Hradecky's far too good for us or Frankfurt tbh, will go to a CL level club. Hitz is a perfectly fine mid-table keeper but doubt he'll be going anywhere in Jan given how well his team are doing.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Hradecky's far too good for us or Frankfurt tbh, will go to a CL level club. Hitz is a perfectly fine mid-table keeper but doubt he'll be going anywhere in Jan given how well his team are doing.

Ronnow, id following the Hradecky path. Don't know enough about Danish football to know how the 2 compare but Ronnow went to Esbjerg when Hradecky moved to Brondby. He then followed him on to Brondby.

Would be interesting to hear how people who may watch Esbjerg and Brondby rate the 2 against each other.

9Freedman9
06-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Kolinko.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Lössl was first choice at Mainz. They only loaned him out as they signed Rene Adler on a free. We just seem to look at some proper shit.

Worries me last window (before we were linked to Rønnow right as the window was shutting) the only other keeper we were really linked to was the fella from Fleetwood.

They may wish they had not let Lossl go......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41880610

Latvian Eagle
06-11-2017, 03:13 PM
They may wish they had not let Lossl go......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41880610

Was amusing. :D