PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Everton (home)

glaziers fan
05-11-2017, 05:20 PM
--------------------------Speroni-------------------------------
TFM--------------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA
Townsend------Cabaye-----------Luka------------Schlupp
-----------------Benteke-----------Zaha---------------

Thefunkymonk
05-11-2017, 05:22 PM
----------------------Speroni-------------------------------
TFM----------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA/Schlupp
-------------Cabaye---Luka----RLC---------------------------
---Townsend---------Benteke-------------Zaha---------------

RLC to cover Wilf defensively

This

Stavros 69
05-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Hard to drop Ward after his performance today.

the digger
05-11-2017, 07:45 PM
On the basis of today:
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho Ward
Townsend Cabaye Luka Schlupp
Benteke Wilf

Working towards:

Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho Ward
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Zaha
Benteke

west eagle
05-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Yet another must win, same as the finishing 11 today except Benteke in for Sako.

Mr Palace
05-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Only room for players who will give everything for the cause:

----------------Speroni--------------

TFM-------Dann--------Sakho-----Ward

--------Luka---Cabaye---McArthur--------

----Townsend---Benteke---Zaha-------

Subs
Hennessey
Tomkins
Schlupp
Riedewald
Puncheon
RLC
Sako

Gregz41
05-11-2017, 08:06 PM
433:

-----------------------Speroni-------------------------
Fosu-Mensah----Dann-----Sakho------------Schlupp
----------------------Milivojevic-----------------------
------------Cabaye--------------Loftus-Cheek--------
Townsend-----------------------------------------Zaha
-----------------------Benteke-------------------------

st albans
05-11-2017, 08:15 PM

Subs
Hennessey
Tomkins
Schlupp
Riedewald
Puncheon
RLC
Sako

Iíd go with that. If RLC isnít in the middle he stays on the bench

sl6 Eagle
05-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Benteke won’t be fit - calling it now.

hortoneagle
05-11-2017, 08:27 PM
A near fit benteke is better than all our striking options at moment

glaziers fan
05-11-2017, 08:31 PM
There's no way that RLC should be playing wide right again. What is Hodgson doing?! He doesn't work hard enough, and he is wasted out there; we saw none of his running with the ball from there because there's nowhere to go.

Schlupp on the other hand is even worse. He is a Championship player with Premier League pace. He has no desire, no technical ability, nothing. He should be a squad player.

We are short of wide midfielders/wingers. Neither of the above should be playing out of position.

glaziers fan
05-11-2017, 08:32 PM
A near fit benteke is better than all our striking options at moment

Agreed. He has to play. I think we will create a couple of chances for him and I am sure he will take one or two.

Thefunkymonk
05-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Benteke wonít be fit - calling it now.

He will be

Mr Palace
05-11-2017, 08:56 PM
There's no way that RLC should be playing wide right again. What is Hodgson doing?! He doesn't work hard enough, and he is wasted out there; we saw none of his running with the ball from there because there's nowhere to go.

Schlupp on the other hand is even worse. He is a Championship player with Premier League pace. He has no desire, no technical ability, nothing. He should be a squad player.

We are short of wide midfielders/wingers. Neither of the above should be playing out of position.

We've got two good wingers but they can't play there because we have no strikers.

RLC should either play behind the striker in a 4-3-3 or not at all. He's not a right or left sided midfielder.

Danny_Cheviot
05-11-2017, 09:02 PM

Subs
Hennessey
Tomkins
Schlupp
Riedewald
Puncheon
RLC
Sako

Our best starting XI.

Mr Bo Jangles
05-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Be interesting if Roy reverts to the 4-3-3 if Benteke is back or sticks with the 4-4-2 with Wilf up front with CB. With Beneke's lack of work rate and speed has to be the former surely with Wilf and Andros out wide. JMac in for RLC, who just doesn't put in the required effort imo.

brisbane_eagle
05-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Our best starting XI.

Soare is our best LB and will be a regular in the starting 11 soon

bigend1
06-11-2017, 12:15 PM
I don't think Roy should change what we've been doing too much. Yes it's been 442 out of possession but fluid going forward. A tweek in the movement in the final third as we now have the luxury of being able to cross to a viable target assuming benteke is back.

------------------------jules------------------------
TFM----------Dann----------Sakho---------ward
Jimmy-------Luka---------cabaye--------Townsend
--------------benteke--------zaha------------------

As I say 442 but not really. Wilf has freedom to roam and play off benteke as he's been doing a little with Townsend but more so. The addded dynamic of flick ons etc from benteke too. He can drift right and provide an option for Jimmy who will also have he pace of TFM. He can drift left and combine with Townsend for a huge threat on the left allowing ward to largely stay back. He also link with benteke in the middle if the pace of andros and TFM is creating space there.

Andros over to the left which is where he should be with benteke in the team. Crosses without cutting back will be better for Ben and give him a run on the defender. I know andros likes to cut in and shoot with his left but he rarely scores so would rather he's crossing. Andros will have to replicate much of what schlupp did with ward defensively. They were very effective together but ward is still out of position on the left and a pacy, left footed helper is required at times.

Jimmy simply has more fight than RLC. Bring RLC on if we are chasing the game and his quality as the midfield opens up a little would be good but Jimmy to start.

Don't change the formation that's been so effective and just misses the goal scorer. Bring ben in and tweek as hopefully he's the missing piece to the puzzle

TheCharmer1
06-11-2017, 12:15 PM
He will be

to start?

gilesy14
06-11-2017, 12:24 PM
I genuinely cannot wait for us to have a striker available & have Wilf & Townsend back out wide, doing what they do best.

We have missed a presence in the box so much. Yesterday being the prime example. Wilf & Andros have done a fine job imitating strikers, but neither of them are at the end of the day. Let's get them back out wide, rinsing full backs & supplying Benteke...then we might stand a chance of staying up.

Thefunkymonk
06-11-2017, 12:38 PM
to start?

Believe so

Thefunkymonk
06-11-2017, 12:38 PM
I genuinely cannot wait for us to have a striker available & have Wilf & Townsend back out wide, doing what they do best.

We have missed a presence in the box so much. Yesterday being the prime example. Wilf & Andros have done a fine job imitating strikers, but neither of them are at the end of the day. Let's get them back out wide, rinsing full backs & supplying Benteke...then we might stand a chance of staying up.

Yep. We miss the width badly

SteveyHawking
06-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Speroni
Ward Tomkins Sakho Van Aanholt
Townsend Milivojevic Cabaye Zaha
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Riedewald, Dann, Schlupp, Puncheon, Sako

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 01:05 PM

I agree about Benteke, I don't agree about Wilf. He may have missed a golden chance yesterday, but he's 2 from 4 under Hodgson, and he's getting himself into serious goalscoring positions. WZ should have a free role, with no defensive responsibilities. He can run the channels, and is the ideal foil to the often static Benteke as he has the pace and workrate to press the opposition. He will ony improve still further in his current role when playing alongside a striker like Benteke.

The only question is who plays wide left. I don't think Schlupp is good enough, Puncheon definitely isn't, and Riedewald, McArthur and RLC are ideally suited to being more central. This is the conundrum for Roy.

These are the automatic starters:

--------------------------Speroni-----------------------------
???-------------Dann----------------Sakho-------------???
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------???
-----------------Benteke-------------Zaha-------------------

I'd still like to see RLC playing left midfield, especially for home games. It's not ideal, but he is the least worst option. If he can be encouraged to track back when we don't have the ball he should be given a chance there. When we do have the ball he can drift into a more central position, allowing the left back to overlap.

Just a quick additional point regarding the full-backs. I think we should do what Spurs do: rotate them. Joel Ward's a very good defender when our backs are against the wall. And yet he stifles our forward play when we are at home and chasing a goal. He should play the away games. TFM showed us against West Ham what a right back should be able to do in the home games. Similarly I feel that PVA is better on the ball and in attacking situations when we are at home. We should push our full backs further up the pitch at home. Therefore I would play:

Home

TFM-------------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------RLC

Away

Ward-----------Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp

Olympian2
06-11-2017, 01:11 PM

This. And I would love to see Benteke getting told by Wilf & Townsend that he needs to make proper runs to complement the work & running that they've been doing while he's been out. Yesterday was a prime example of two players manfully trying to do the work of three.

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 01:22 PM
This. And I would love to see Benteke getting told by Wilf & Townsend that he needs to make proper runs to complement the work & running that they've been doing while he's been out. Yesterday was a prime example of two players manfully trying to do the work of three.

It's just not going to happen, otherwise Klopp would have kept Benteke. That's why we need someone next to him to take the weight off CB's shoulders by putting a shift in off the ball. Not to mention getting close for the flick-ons and knock downs.

Thefunkymonk
06-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Wilf
Bentke

Get RLC to support Benteke when going forward, get wide, balls in box

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Wilf
Bentke

And get the full-backs forward to supply some width too.

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Ward--------------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA
----------------Benteke-----------Zaha--------------

That's the side I think Roy will pick: edited because I think Ward will play instead of TFM on 2nd thoughts.

gilesy14
06-11-2017, 01:51 PM
I agree about Benteke, I don't agree about Wilf. He may have missed a golden chance yesterday, but he's 2 from 4 under Hodgson, and he's getting himself into serious goalscoring positions. WZ should have a free role, with no defensive responsibilities. He can run the channels, and is the ideal foil to the often static Benteke as he has the pace and workrate to press the opposition. He will ony improve still further in his current role when playing alongside a striker like Benteke.

The only question is who plays wide left. I don't think Schlupp is good enough, Puncheon definitely isn't, and Riedewald, McArthur and RLC are ideally suited to being more central. This is the conundrum for Roy.

These are the automatic starters:

???-------------Dann----------------Sakho-------------???
Townsend-----Cabaye------------Milivojevic-----------???

I'd still like to see RLC playing left midfield, especially for home games. It's not ideal, but he is the least worst option. If he can be encouraged to track back when we don't have the ball he should be given a chance there. When we do have the ball he can drift into a more central position, allowing the left back to overlap.

Just a quick additional point regarding the full-backs. I think we should do what Spurs do: rotate them. Joel Ward's a very good defender when our backs are against the wall. And yet he stifles our forward play when we are at home and chasing a goal. He should play the away games. TFM showed us against West Ham what a right back should be able to do in the home games. Similarly I feel that PVA is better on the ball and in attacking situations when we are at home. We should push our full backs further up the pitch at home. Therefore I would play:

Home

TFM-------------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA

Away

Ward-----------Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp

Can you expand on that at all?

:supergrin:

AJ
06-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Why anyone is picking RLC is beyond me, he makes Jordan Mutch look like a caring hard working player. Hopefully, both will be gone in January.

Palacebear
06-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Speroni

TFM Dann Sakho PVA

Cabaye Luka

Townsend RLC Wilf

Bentke

I would take that team, except ward or schlupp for pva.

rambo1
06-11-2017, 01:55 PM
433:

-----------------------Speroni-------------------------
Fosu-Mensah----Dann-----Sakho------------Schlupp
----------------------Milivojevic-----------------------
------------Cabaye--------------Loftus-Cheek--------
Townsend-----------------------------------------Zaha
-----------------------Benteke-------------------------

This

gilesy14
06-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Despite what I said earlier re getting Wilf out wide, I do fully expect to see something like the following:

Speroni
TFM-Dann/Tomkins-Sakho-Ward
Townsend-Cabaye-Luka-Schlupp
Zaha-Benteke

Wouldn't be my choice but Hodgson seems to like the narrow, 2 banks of 4 - much like how Pulis has us playing a few years back.

Thefunkymonk
06-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Why anyone is picking RLC is beyond me, he makes Jordan Mutch look like a caring hard working player. Hopefully, both will be gone in January.

Because Iím our first 4/5 games he was best player on pitch. Since heís returned from injury heís been played right mid.. which he isnít.

Through the middle he gives us something we have been missing.

Whatís up with people at the moment. Writing players off left right and centre

Thefunkymonk
06-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Despite what I said earlier re getting Wilf out wide, I do fully expect to see something like the following:

Speroni
Zaha-Benteke

Wouldn't be my choice but Hodgson seems to like the narrow, 2 banks of 4 - much like how Pulis has us playing a few years back.

Probably right. Which probakt isnít the way to play with Benteke. Mind you with wild supporting him it might work

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't mind Hen back in, Speroni had one thing to do all match and didn't do it, yes I know all goals that Speroni concedes are world class, unsaveable, no one in the world......

The back line worked well yesterday with Dann much better than I thought he would be against Spuds, same again pls. RLC loses out to Benteke as he struggled a bit yesterday.

---------------------Hennessey
-----TFM-----------Dann---------Sakho-------Ward
---------------------Luka-----Schlupp-----
Zaha-------------------Cabaye-------------Townsend
----------------------Benteke

Mr Palace
06-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Wouldn't mind Hen back in, Speroni had one thing to do all match and didn't do it, yes I know all goals that Speroni concedes are world class, unsaveable, no one in the world......

The back line worked well yesterday with Dann much better than I thought he would be against Spuds, same again pls. RLC loses out to Benteke as he struggled a bit yesterday.

Come on, no keeper would have saved that. He was partially sighted and Son has curled into the side netting. It's a great strike. The defence has looked much more secure with speroni in goal. Yes he's not at the level he was but he's still far superior to Hennessey.

Schlupp in centre mid would scare me - he hasn't got the brain to play there.

bigend1
06-11-2017, 03:58 PM

Eh? What did you want him to do teleport across. Wayne wouldn't have got to that, not in a million years

westsussexcpfc
06-11-2017, 04:02 PM

Have you actually seen the Son goal, its a yard to a yard and a half outside the post and curls back in. Very few keepers would have got anywhere near that.

Penstone Eagle
06-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Wilf
Bentke

Our crossing isn't very good, not sure why everyone suddenly thinks Bentekes going to start getting quality delivery.

Nothing worse for a CF than two wingers who overdo the trickery, especially Wilf, they need to beat their man and cross it, a CF needs to know that's going to happen.

gilesy14
06-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Anyone claiming Hennessey would've saved that goal yesterday, maybe have a look at the goal Eriksen scored at Selhurst last season. Because you're talking an unprecedented amount of bollocks.

Penstone Eagle
06-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Anyone claiming Hennessey would've saved that goal yesterday, maybe have a look at the goal Eriksen scored at Selhurst last season. Because you're talking an unprecedented amount of bollocks.

He wouldn't have saved it, and he would also have remained glued to his line instead of claiming crosses and corners just like Speroni. We have keepers that aren't up to it.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2017, 04:25 PM
TFM--------------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA
Townsend------Cabaye-----------Luka--------------RLC-----
----------------Benteke-----------Zaha---------------

TYou posted a decent team and then changed to to put RLC wide.

Your last 2 reviews of him doing that were:

Loftus Cheek 6 Was very poor for the first 75 mins but then came alive. Has power and pace but lacks energy. Doesn't close down properly

RLC 5 fairly anonymous

Either
TFM--------Dann----Sakho--------Ward
Luka
RLC------Cabaye
Townsend--------------------------Zaha
Benteke

jobiinthelastmi
06-11-2017, 04:26 PM

No chance with the goal!

Otherwise, defence is starting to look solid once more.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2017, 04:28 PM

Quality strike. Not many goalkeepers and certainly neither of ours were likely to save that. Started a long way out from the post, round a player and just in at the post.

CharlieCPFC
06-11-2017, 04:38 PM
The 10 picks itself, it's whether it's PVA, Schlupp or Ward for that left back role.

Having Benteke will be the biggest relief ever, he's been criticised and rightly so but we have seriously missed a presence in the central area. Townsend and Wilf have had too much of a burden on their shoulders to do everything.

sydnsteve
06-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Subs
Hennessey
Tomkins
Schlupp
Riedewald
Puncheon
RLC
Sako

This for me. RLC is talented but he does not impose himself on the game. Sadly I think he will start but I'd rather use him as a sub.

jmemour
06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
RLC is a very good number 10 and a very average right-sided midfielder. If we're going to go back with 4231 when Benteke is back he should play. If we're sticking with the current shape he shouldn't, McArthur plays that role much more effectively.

AJ
06-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Because Iím our first 4/5 games he was best player on pitch. Since heís returned from injury heís been played right mid.. which he isnít.

Through the middle he gives us something we have been missing.

Whatís up with people at the moment. Writing players off left right and centre
He only played 2 games, then he was out for 2, returned for 2 more, then was out again. He has talent, but he doesn't apply himself at all. Against Spuds he was decent for about 10 minutes at the end of the game and he made a few good headers clearances from corners, but he rarely tracked back to help out and i dont recall a tackle all game. He is not a bad, he is a luxury type player and we have no place for that type at the moment. I am all for putting him on the bench and bringing him on for the last 15 minutes or so.
It is interesting that he was better under FdB than he has under RH with the biggest difference being 4 at the back instead of 3. FdB's 3 at the back put an extra man in midfield, so that, imo gave RLC less work to do and allowed him to be more creative.

Excowboy
06-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Loftus-Cheek looked stiff against Spurs in a way he didn't at the start of the season. Looked like it was a bit of an effort to change direction and his body was telling him not to. Bit like Garvan used to look. Might be that he's just too tall to play on the wing, that he's still having niggles for the injury or he was trying to avoid getting injured before his international call-up.

Either way I think at the moment his best spot is sitting on the bench waiting to come on in a no 10 role in the second half.

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Come on, no keeper would have saved that. He was partially sighted and Son has curled into the side netting. It's a great strike. The defence has looked much more secure with speroni in goal. Yes he's not at the level he was but he's still far superior to Hennessey.

Schlupp in centre mid would scare me - he hasn't got the brain to play there.

Yep, like the 2 Wet Spam goals like the N'castle one.

I like Schlupp, yes I know he got caught dithering a couple of times yesterday but has pace, enough to recover. If not him I'd go with Reidewald there.

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Have you actually seen the Son goal, its a yard to a yard and a half outside the post and curls back in. Very few keepers would have got anywhere near that.

Yes I was there. That's 3 games in a row he's been beaten by unstoppable goals.

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Our crossing isn't very good, not sure why everyone suddenly thinks Bentekes going to start getting quality delivery.

Nothing worse for a CF than two wingers who overdo the trickery, especially Wilf, they need to beat their man and cross it, a CF needs to know that's going to happen.

Playing very narrow at the moment due to having no striker. I'm sure we'll go back to width when Benny comes back.

AJ
06-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Yes I was there. That's 3 games in a row he's been beaten by unstoppable goals.
No such thing as unstoppable imo.

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 07:05 PM
You posted a decent team and then changed to to put RLC wide.

Your last 2 reviews of him doing that were:

Loftus Cheek 6 Was very poor for the first 75 mins but then came alive. Has power and pace but lacks energy. Doesn't close down properly

RLC 5 fairly anonymous

Either
TFM--------Dann----Sakho--------Ward
Luka
RLC------Cabaye
Townsend--------------------------Zaha
Benteke

But what you forgot to mention is that I gave RLC the MOM accolade in his first four starts! And I see you have him in the side as well. There's a difference to playing wide right midfield where there's nowhere to go as a right footer on the touchline, and left midfield where there is.

I have raised concerns about his defensive contribution over the last few games, but as a youngster I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. There is a world of difference between playing wide right and wide left midfield as a right footer. I hope if he played left midfield he could cut in to centre mid, and encourage the left back to maraud forward. AT to play as a conventional right mid in the 4-4-2 but RLC to play a compromise between centre mid and left mid.

GreatGonzo
06-11-2017, 07:08 PM
But what you forgot to mention is that I gave RLC the MOM accolade in his first four starts! And I see you have him in the side as well. There's a difference to playing wide right midfield where there's nowhere to go as a right footer on the touchline, and left midfield where there is.

I have raised concerns about his defensive contribution over the last few games, but as a youngster I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. There is a world of difference between playing wide right and wide left midfield as a right footer. I hope if he played left midfield he could cut in to centre mid, and encourage the left back to maraud forward. AT to play as a conventional right mid in the 4-4-2 but RLC to play a compromise between centre mid and left mid.

That gives you a complete imbalance to the way you play and if you don't rate his defence work and you have him cutting inside on his right foot you open up the whole of that side of the pitch to their RB and Right mid. That might be ok if you have an extremely good left back but as we don't we would get murdered down that side of the pitch.

Mr Palace
06-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Yep, like the 2 Wet Spam goals like the N'castle one.

I like Schlupp, yes I know he got caught dithering a couple of times yesterday but has pace, enough to recover. If not him I'd go with Reidewald there.

But you were talking about the Spurs goal which he clearly had no right to save. Sounds like you've got a downer on him. I don't think he could do anything about the West Ham goals either. Newcastle one is more questionable but even then i didn't think it was a mistake .

carter
06-11-2017, 07:47 PM
As long as Benteke doesn’t stand still in the box then we might score. That’s his biggest problem, lack of movement in the box. There have been so many good crosses/passes in to the box this season with no one even close to being on the end of it. He seriously needs to go back to the performance against Leicester at home last season.

Don’t really care what the 11 is as I think Roy has all the players starting to believe and working hard. Would rather not see Hennessey, Schlupp or PVA though.

If Allardyce is in charge I really won’t be looking forward to this. Lose and it looks all over

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 07:55 PM
No such thing as unstoppable imo.

I know, sarcasm init.

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 08:02 PM
But you were talking about the Spurs goal which he clearly had no right to save. Sounds like you've got a downer on him. I don't think he could do anything about the West Ham goals either. Newcastle one is more questionable but even then i didn't think it was a mistake .

Not at all, its the collective myopia on here when it comes to Speroni. Hennessey would be crucified on here over the last few games. I see them as fairly equal but Hennessey the better of the 2. You can't say Hennessey wouldn't have saved it he may not have been in the same position and he has greater reach anyway.
Speroni is sainted whatever happens Hennessey is crucifed whatever happens. I can't see Pulis, Pardew and Allardyce all being wrong.

jobiinthelastmi
06-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Not at all, its the collective myopia on here when it comes to Speroni. Hennessey would be crucified on here over the last few games. I see them as fairly equal but Hennessey the better of the 2. You can't say Hennessey wouldn't have saved it he may not have been in the same position and he has greater reach anyway.
Speroni is sainted whatever happens Hennessey is crucifed whatever happens. I can't see Pulis, Pardew and Allardyce all being wrong.

Have you not seen the games that Hennessey played in this season? He was a complete disaster. Pulis didn't even play Hennessey

Skintagain
06-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Have you not seen the games that Hennessey played in this season? He was a complete disaster. Pulis didn't even play Hennessey

I've seen most of them, missed Swansea. The team weren't working at all before the Chelsea game so its only since then its worth taking a view on.

bodger
06-11-2017, 09:10 PM
JS
FM Dann Sakho Schlupp or PVA toss a coin
Wilf Cabaye McArthur Luka AT
C/B

bubbs11
06-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Pickford was an absolute nightmare yesterday against Watford. What's the betting he puts in a man of the match performance against us.

aj4england
06-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Loftus-Cheek looked stiff against Spurs in a way he didn't at the start of the season. Looked like it was a bit of an effort to change direction and his body was telling him not to. Bit like Garvan used to look. Might be that he's just too tall to play on the wing, that he's still having niggles for the injury or he was trying to avoid getting injured before his international call-up.

Either way I think at the moment his best spot is sitting on the bench waiting to come on in a no 10 role in the second half.

Eagles@cpfc - he says he's learning to play 90 mins really hasn't done this for two years , I think he is having to build up his strength and stamina . May well see an much improved second half of the season from him hopefully.

aj4england
06-11-2017, 10:28 PM
On the basis of today:
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho Ward
Townsend Cabaye Luka Schlupp
Benteke Wilf

Working towards:

Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho Ward
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC Zaha
Benteke

Speroni
Tomkins, Dann, Sako , Ward /TFM
Cabaye Luka
Townsend RLC/Macca Wilf
Benteke

Two goals from set pieces one from open play . Job done .

Mr Palace
06-11-2017, 11:12 PM

I can definitely say that Hennessey wouldn't have saved it because he saves shit every time he plays. Did you see the Bristol City game? That says a lot.

The reason Speroni is sainted is because he's been a legend for our club. He's been player of the year countless times. Hennessey will never get near this level. He's just a poor keeper in comparison.

Timbo
06-11-2017, 11:23 PM

You are exaggerating. If Speroni makes a mistake or performs poorly he will get cussed, so does Hennessy, but Speroni just doesn't make that many mistakes and has less poor games than Hennessy. That's about it, there is no conspiracy against Hennessy and if he suddenly starts to play like a Prem gk he will get the accolades from our support

Skintagain
07-11-2017, 07:03 AM
You are exaggerating. If Speroni makes a mistake or performs poorly he will get cussed, so does Hennessy, but Speroni just doesn't make that many mistakes and has less poor games than Hennessy. That's about it, there is no conspiracy against Hennessy and if he suddenly starts to play like a Prem gk he will get the accolades from our support

Speroni gets across to Son's shot he just misses it. Its not unsaveable at all. I can't find it on Youtube otherwise I'd post it but its there on motd if you record it.

Nigelbrag
07-11-2017, 08:16 AM
We are getting to a stage now where there can be no slipping up, the next TWO games coming up at home have got to be Must Win games, to do so we need to play not only our best balanced formation, but also most attack minded(within reason) lineup in the next EIGHT games which most can be winnable, as we need to get back to winning ways, for now there are not too many alternatives to choose from, but that then takes us to the January window when we can reassess.
For me we need to go back to Ward at RB as he is the better option as in all honesty Fosu- Mensah has been a big disappointment to date, the LB position will always be a problem to fill as we don't have one that can do what he is meant to do in that position that is defend, so for now it should be Schlupp, just. And hopefully with Benteke back will give us an outlet upfront, and if we are to see the best out of him needs a more fluent midfield keeping better possession and with accurate passing out to the Wingers, who in turn feed CB with better quality crosses and balls to feet so as he can then hold up play to feed the onrushing Loftus-Cheek to break forward from the midfield.
All of this should be basic play especially if are to improve this side of our game, also if we are to see more fluency in midfield and for a change an Attack with more potency, as GOALS now should be our priority if we are to win the vital games ahead.

---------------------------------------Speroni---------------------------------------------

---------Ward---------------Dann-----------------Sakho----------Schlupp------------------

---------Townsend--------------Luka-----------Cabaye--------------Zaha----------------

-----------------------------------------Loftus-Cheek---------------------------------

------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------------

Nigelbrag
07-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Speroni gets across to Son's shot he just misses it. Its not unsaveable at all. I can't find it on Youtube otherwise I'd post it but its there on motd if you record it.

To say Speroni could/should have saved the Ayew and Son super strikes is a little harsh on a keeper whoever that maybe. Firstly the Ayew rocket just flew into the top corner before a keeper could even gather breath, as for the Son goal did you see the picture from behind the goal when it started so wide and just "bent" incredibly would have fooled any keeper. However, i feel the only keeper who could Possibly have got fingertips to those amazing shots may have been de Gea.
But as you rightly said previously that Hennessey with his greater reach MAY have got across with a lot of luck, as for our keepers there is not a lot to choose between currently just that WH is shot of confidence and needed dropping, as for JS, he gives his defenders greater belief and stability knowing HE is behind them as our record shows since he was reintroduced back into the team and has always done so for years.
But that is not to say a New better keeper is not needed in January.

GreatGonzo
07-11-2017, 09:10 AM
As long as Benteke doesn’t stand still in the box then we might score.

Even if he stands still he is likely to attract the attention of 2 defender sue to his reputation which may isolate other players one on one with Wilf and Andros.

Think having Benteke back will be a huge. Getting Sakho, Cabaye, Wilf, Andros and Benteke on the pitch at the same time for the first time this season will be huge. Our best defender, our best midfielder and all 3 attacking outlets.

Excowboy
07-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Think having Benteke back will be a huge. Getting Sakho, Cabaye, Wilf, Andros and Wilf on the pitch at the same time for the first time this season will be huge. Our best defender, our best midfielder and all 3 attacking outlets.

Definitely think we'll benefit from the cloning of Zaha over the international break.

st albans
07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Even if he stands still he is likely to attract the attention of 2 defender sue to his reputation which may isolate other players one on one with Wilf and Andros.

Think having Benteke back will be a huge. Getting Sakho, Cabaye, Wilf, Andros and Wilf on the pitch at the same time for the first time this season will be huge. Our best defender, our best midfielder and all 3 attacking outlets.

just imagine two Zaha's......OMG

GreatGonzo
07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Definitely think we'll benefit from the cloning of Zaha over the international break.

:lux::lux::lux:

bigend1
07-11-2017, 09:41 AM

:D

We can but dream

TheCharmer1
07-11-2017, 11:46 AM
We are getting to a stage now where there can be no slipping up, the next TWO games coming up at home have got to be Must Win games, to do so we need to play not only our best balanced formation, but also most attack minded(within reason) lineup in the next EIGHT games which most can be winnable, as we need to get back to winning ways, for now there are not too many alternatives to choose from, but that then takes us to the January window when we can reassess.
For me we need to go back to Ward at RB as he is the better option as in all honesty Fosu- Mensah has been a big disappointment to date, the LB position will always be a problem to fill as we don't have one that can do what he is meant to do in that position that is defend, so for now it should be Schlupp, just. And hopefully with Benteke back will give us an outlet upfront, and if we are to see the best out of him needs a more fluent midfield keeping better possession and with accurate passing out to the Wingers, who in turn feed CB with better quality crosses and balls to feet so as he can then hold up play to feed the onrushing Loftus-Cheek to break forward from the midfield.
All of this should be basic play especially if are to improve this side of our game, also if we are to see more fluency in midfield and for a change an Attack with more potency, as GOALS now should be our priority if we are to win the vital games ahead.

---------------------------------------Speroni---------------------------------------------

---------Ward---------------Dann-----------------Sakho----------Schlupp------------------

---------Townsend--------------Luka-----------Cabaye--------------Zaha----------------

-----------------------------------------Loftus-Cheek---------------------------------

------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------------

Thatís the team. Although tfm for ward and Tomkins for Dann are close

SouthernEagle20
07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Speroni

Ward---------Tomkins ---- Sakho--------Souarť

Milivojević --- Cabaye

Townsend ------- Loftus-Cheek --------- Zaha

Benteke

Crunchie
07-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Speroni

TFM---------Dann ---- Sakho--------Ward

Milivojević --- Cabaye

Townsend ------- Loftus-Cheek --------- Zaha

Benteke

Johnny Byrne
07-11-2017, 08:22 PM

He was unsighted until the last second. Look at the two players obscuring Sonís shot. He did well to get across in the first place. The sad part was the two point blank saves and Wilfís shot wide beforehand - itís been our luck overall since 19 Dec 2015 - the day the Americans invested- coincidence?

glaziers fan
08-11-2017, 12:39 PM
That gives you a complete imbalance to the way you play and if you don't rate his defence work and you have him cutting inside on his right foot you open up the whole of that side of the pitch to their RB and Right mid. That might be ok if you have an extremely good left back but as we don't we would get murdered down that side of the pitch.

That is the concern. We have an extremely good left-sided centre back who may have to move across to cover, with Luka slotting in behind him. That said, I wouldn't play RLC if he doesn't show more desire to track back anyway. And in any case, I think Roy Hodgson will play Schlupp left midfield. We will see!

glaziers fan
08-11-2017, 12:43 PM

Speroni
Zaha-Benteke

Yes, I agree. I think that will be the midfield and attack. Dann will definitely start ahead of Tomkins if fit. And likewise PVA will start at left back if fit. I think Ward may get the nod over TFM at right back.

Martin H
08-11-2017, 04:34 PM
This is going to be an interesting one for me and a test for Roy as he seeks to integrate Benteke back into the shape to get the goals we need without tipping over the improved stability at the back or diluting the impact of our better players.

The dilemma remains that to keep his preferred solid 2 banks of 4 and a narrow back 4 he is faced with a few options:

One would be leaving out one of Andros/Wilf. If he leaves out Wilf, he is crazy an if he leaves out Andros he probably won't see many crosses.
One way of keeping them both in the side is to slide into 451 but that would see both Wilf and Andros with defensive duties and changes the way we play and the pressure on opponents etc. significantly. Not necessarily bad - just different.
OR he pushes Andros back into that right sided slot and asks him to play as Macca did - prioritising defence albeit not exclusively. This is actually closer to the role FDB had him playing in a 343 in that HK friendly. Unlike many, I thought it suited him because he I just think he does better when he runs at defences at pace from deep rather than trying to turn his man marker. Most of his best moments seem to come from that.

So if I was Roy I would lean towards that. This seems to me to be the biggest question.

Speroni
Fosu-Mensah - Dann - Sakho - Ward
Townsend - Luka - Cabaye - Schlupp
Benteke - Zaha

I am surprised that some don't rate Timbo. I think he has been a breath of fresh air TBH. A defender who tackles and tackles well, he has pace and despite occasionally getting his starting position wrong, I reckon he gets the job done. I remember Clyne did the same, and still does. Timbo is a top player for me.

Dann really has done well lately and it would be unfair to drop him after Sunday which was surely his best of the season.

Schlupp has at times been awful and then very good 2 mins later. I have picked him mostly because I think Roy will go for safety first. I would rather start with Loftus-Cheek who I think could drive through their fragile midfield but maybe a sub in the second half?

alanlee11
08-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Benteke will be on the bench I reckon

glaziers fan
08-11-2017, 10:28 PM
This is going to be an interesting one for me and a test for Roy as he seeks to integrate Benteke back into the shape to get the goals we need without tipping over the improved stability at the back or diluting the impact of our better players.

The dilemma remains that to keep his preferred solid 2 banks of 4 and a narrow back 4 he is faced with a few options:

One would be leaving out one of Andros/Wilf. If he leaves out Wilf, he is crazy an if he leaves out Andros he probably won't see many crosses.
One way of keeping them both in the side is to slide into 451 but that would see both Wilf and Andros with defensive duties and changes the way we play and the pressure on opponents etc. significantly. Not necessarily bad - just different.
OR he pushes Andros back into that right sided slot and asks him to play as Macca did - prioritising defence albeit not exclusively. This is actually closer to the role FDB had him playing in a 343 in that HK friendly. Unlike many, I thought it suited him because he I just think he does better when he runs at defences at pace from deep rather than trying to turn his man marker. Most of his best moments seem to come from that.

So if I was Roy I would lean towards that. This seems to me to be the biggest question.

Speroni
Townsend - Luka - Cabaye - Schlupp
Benteke - Zaha

I am surprised that some don't rate Timbo. I think he has been a breath of fresh air TBH. A defender who tackles and tackles well, he has pace and despite occasionally getting his starting position wrong, I reckon he gets the job done. I remember Clyne did the same, and still does. Timbo is a top player for me.

Dann really has done well lately and it would be unfair to drop him after Sunday which was surely his best of the season.

Schlupp has at times been awful and then very good 2 mins later. I have picked him mostly because I think Roy will go for safety first. I would rather start with Loftus-Cheek who I think could drive through their fragile midfield but maybe a sub in the second half?

PVA will start at left back if fit. Otherwise I agree. (I'd have TFM right back and RLC left mid, but I think Roy will go with Ward right back and Schlupp left mid for their experience).

As you say, at least the subs bench is there for the 2nd half!

DARZET EAGLE
08-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Benteke will be on the bench I reckon

No way, Roy will want him in from the kick off.

FMH57
09-11-2017, 08:37 AM

Or in Roy's world , the last 15 minutes.

costello
09-11-2017, 08:59 AM
If Benteke plays - and assuming that Wilf and Andros retain their places - the risk is that this makes us weaker as a defensive unit. I suspect we might switch to a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Cabaye, Luka and McArthur.

eagle101
09-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Apologies if already suggested:

Speroni
Zaha - Cabaye - Milivojevic - Townsend
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Die hard Hoj
12-11-2017, 01:29 AM

Speroni
Fosu-Mensa - Dann - Sakho - Ward
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Yep!

adrenalin john
12-11-2017, 04:31 AM
-------- Speroni
Tofu-Mensa Dann Sakho Schlupp
--- Cabaye --- Luka ---
------------------RLC -----------
Townsend ------------ Mr Wilfred Zaha
----------------- Big Ben Teke ----------

Very harsh on Ward but the pace on the flanks we have with this team will be hard to deal with and if Luka and Cabaye are disciplined we will remain solid and have cover to nullify any counter attack. With the overload of pace and skills on the flanks space should open up for RLC in the middle and chances be created for CB

palace_burger
12-11-2017, 05:06 AM

Speroni
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Hell of a team that

TheCharmer1
12-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Hell of a team that

But will Roy play it ? I d have Tomkins over Dann too.

Mr Bo Jangles
12-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Speroni
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Change of formation (again) is risky and not sure Roy would like the 4-2-3-1 which this would be, but I really like that team, think it would score goals. As others have said, the only dilemma is Ward out of position at left back rather than Schupp or PVA but Ward had a very good game against Spurs and would be difficult to drop.

penguin7
12-11-2017, 01:21 PM

I had to laugh at this ! ! And GFs team selection has Wilf up front.

Roy does not think he is a striker, and more importantly Wilf himself does not either.

And RLC is clearly not best suited to play as a winger. "He's at his best receiving the ball behind the opposition midfield, driving towards goal and sliding passes into people. He can take the ball under pressure too which is a great skill to have." Gareth Southgate.

Square pegs will not fit into round holes.

GreatGonzo
12-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Change of formation (again) is risky and not sure Roy would like the 4-2-3-1 which this would be, but I really like that team, think it would score goals. As others have said, the only dilemma is Ward out of position at left back rather than Schupp or PVA but Ward had a very good game against Spurs and would be difficult to drop.

Change of the formation should not be too much of an issue. 7 of that starting 11 have been at Beckenham for the fortnight. If it is Ward at RB and Schlupp/PVA at LB then to goes up to 8. Of the remainder Zaha slots in and is little change to him. Luka plays in the same role as always so the only risk is RLC coming back in buth does so off. MotM on his England debut and the knowledge he has a real shot at going to the WC.

IF we are going to make that change, now is the time to do it.

jimmy the gent
12-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Speroni
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

Indeed.

bigGcpfc
12-11-2017, 07:25 PM
RLC has to start but where ever he wants to play. He reminds me a lot of a young Tom Huddleston. Looks lazy but with a good football brain.

tbooker
12-11-2017, 08:50 PM
RLC has to start but where ever he wants to play. He reminds me a lot of a young Tom Huddleston. Looks lazy but with a good football brain.

Is that you Louis Walsh?

The Omen
12-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Speroni
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

How can that team get relegated?! :(

orp pisshead1
12-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Agree and if weíre still in touch come January add a top draw keeper and ideally 2 strikers and weíll stay up :p

bigGcpfc
12-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Speroni
Kelly Dann Deleney Ward
Mutch Sako Puncheon Chung-yong
Wickham Ladapo

How does this team look for our first game next season ?

sydnsteve
12-11-2017, 09:45 PM

We will know next Saturday!!

Crunchie
12-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Speroni
Loftus-Cheek
Benteke

No worries. Great minds think alike :)

Lombardo's hair
12-11-2017, 11:15 PM
PVA will start at left back if fit. Otherwise I agree. (I'd have TFM right back and RLC left mid, but I think Roy will go with Ward right back and Schlupp left mid for their experience).

I'd have schlupp at left back. Otherwise agree. No ward please

DARZET EAGLE
12-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Speroni
Kelly Dann Deleney Ward
Wickham Ladapo

As silly as you do mate.:S:

bigGcpfc
13-11-2017, 06:25 AM
As silly as you do mate.:S:

We will see sunbeam. Keep your head stuck firmly up your arse.

Penstone Eagle
13-11-2017, 09:33 AM

Errr, because that team will be weakened as soon as injuries and suspensions take effect. No strength in depth and no game changers on the bench.

Unless of course action is taken in January.

Penstone Eagle
13-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Speroni
Kelly Dann Deleney Ward
Wickham Ladapo

It does kind of sum up how weak our squad is.

Thefunkymonk
13-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Really don’t like ward left back

elgin eagle
13-11-2017, 10:03 AM
We don't really have a left back but either Ward or Schlupp can do a job there.

bodger
13-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Speroni
Kelly Dann Deleney Ward
Wickham Ladapo

If we go down and we sell the players you have left out we will have 100m or so to buy some new players. If we stay up Wickham Dann Ward and Punchoen are good players most of the others will move on.

rambo1
13-11-2017, 03:28 PM
-----------------Speroni---------------
Fosu-Mensah---Dann---Sakho---Schlupp

----------Luka-------Cabaye-----------

--Townsend----Loftus-Cheek----Zaha--

---------------Benteke----------------

Subs-
Hennessey,Ward,Tomkins,Riedewald,McArthur,Puncheon ,Sako.

Thefunkymonk
13-11-2017, 03:52 PM
We don't really have a left back but either Ward or Schlupp can do a job there.

Well we do. We have 3.

DARZET EAGLE
13-11-2017, 03:57 PM
We will see sunbeam. Keep your head stuck firmly up your arse.

Nice. Surely it's best to maintain positivity as a supporter rather than give up the cause as you appear to have done.:rolleyes:

TAK
13-11-2017, 04:02 PM
I'd have schlupp at left back. Otherwise agree. No ward please
I agree. Don't know why so many people are overlooking him for LB.

bigGcpfc
13-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Nice. Surely it's best to maintain positivity as a supporter rather than give up the cause as you appear to have done.:rolleyes:

Your right, this team has drained every drop of positivity out of me over the last 2 years.

DARZET EAGLE
13-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Your right, this team has drained every drop of positivity out of me over the last 2 years.

Head up mate, this is Palace after all. The Rollercoaster is slowly on the way up then weeee!

GreatGonzo
13-11-2017, 06:25 PM

It won't. We just haven't been able to play that's team yet. Those in the next couple of games who come up against it will get a shock if they think they are playing bottom of the league who cannot score goals.

GreatGonzo
13-11-2017, 06:29 PM

What about knowledge? Has it drained that too?

The team you posted has at least 6 players with contracts expiring in the summer. We are unlikely to retain any of them even if we go down. Maybe 1 or 2 would agree affordable deals at best.

bubbs11
13-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Everton yet to name a new manager which is good for us. Hopefully it will still be Unsworth pulling the strings on Saturday.

bigGcpfc
13-11-2017, 08:21 PM
What about knowledge? Has it drained that too?

The team you posted has at least 6 players with contracts expiring in the summer. We are unlikely to retain any of them even if we go down. Maybe 1 or 2 would agree affordable deals at best.

I feel a whole lot better already, thanks :lux:

Stavros 69
13-11-2017, 09:18 PM
-----------------Speroni---------------
Fosu-Mensah---Dann---Sakho---Schlupp

----------Luka-------Cabaye-----------

--Townsend----Loftus-Cheek----Zaha--

---------------Benteke----------------

Subs-
Hennessey,Ward,Tomkins,Riedewald,McArthur,Puncheon ,Sako.

The only substitution I would think of is Tomkins in for Dann.

aj4england
14-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Our first game this season I think with Anthony Taylor as ref

aj4england
14-11-2017, 10:39 AM
The only substitution I would think of is Tomkins in for Dann.

Tomkins for Fosu (we neglect the value of set pieces - Dann, Benteke, Tomkins, Loftus-Cheek, Sakho and Luka provides real threat)

GreatGonzo
14-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Tomkins for Fosu ( we neglect the value of set pieces - Dann, ben, Tomkins, loftus , Sakho, Luka provides real threat )

If you are sending 3 of the back 4 and your defensive mid up you are relying a lot on the ability of the defender who remains.

TFM in that regard is a good option to leave back as he has pace and the ability to tackle!

If you put Tomkins at RB you might put TFM at LB.

aj4england
14-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Agreed that is a possible option. It is noticable for teams that Dann wins a lot of headers but Tomkins but also is a great threat. Him combined with Luka and Benteke would cause teams serious problems on who to mark. Then it is up to Wilf to sniff out the knockdowns around the keeper.

jmemour
14-11-2017, 12:57 PM

Speroni
Zaha-Benteke

Will be this unless Luka is out, in which case McArthur will take his place I reckon.

GreatGonzo
14-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Speroni
Zaha-Benteke

It will be interesting to see on Saturday as it may be he likes the 2 banks of 4, or it might just have been the way he felt we have to play with the players that we had available.

Am i right in thinking that when he has put a player wide in recent games it was Zaha who went wide as against West Ham? He will also be very brave to not play RLC after his games for England.

Norwich_Eagle
14-11-2017, 06:25 PM
--------------------Speroni--------------------

Fosu-Mensah-----Dann-----Sakho-----Ward

----------Milivojević----------Cabaye----------

Zaha---------Loftus-Cheek---------Townsend

--------------------Benteke--------------------

Subs: Hennessey, Souare, Tomkins, Schlupp, McArthur, Puncheon & Sako

penguin7
14-11-2017, 07:18 PM
--------------------Speroni--------------------

Fosu-Mensah-----Dann-----Sakho-----Ward

----------Milivojević----------Cabaye----------

Zaha---------Loftus-Cheek---------Townsend

--------------------Benteke--------------------

Subs: Hennessey, Souare, Tomkins, Schlupp, McArthur, Puncheon & Sako

Spot on. (well maybe a couple of issues with the bench ! )

palacelad197o
14-11-2017, 07:41 PM
----------------------Speroni-------------------------------
TFM----------Dann------------Sakho------------Ward or Schlupp
-------------Cabaye---Luka----RLC---------------------------
---Townsend---------Benteke-------------Zaha---------------

Big Gav
14-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Everyone is including Benteke for Saturday? I know he is back in training but fit enough to start?

eaglejez
14-11-2017, 08:44 PM
no RLC :(

bradpitt
14-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Ok, let’s start again, there’ll be no RLC...

glaziers fan
14-11-2017, 09:04 PM
TFM/Ward------Dann------------Sakho------------PVA
-----------------Benteke-----------Zaha---------------

sl6 Eagle
14-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Don’t think Benteke will start either.

Joe.L
14-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Donít think Benteke will start either.

Why wouldn't he? If Benteke is fit surely he will start??

sl6 Eagle
14-11-2017, 11:48 PM
No ‘match fitness’

Mr Palace
15-11-2017, 12:03 AM
He has to start - we have no choice. He's fit so needs to play to build up his match fitness - it's what wilf has been doing.

Thefunkymonk
15-11-2017, 12:16 AM
No ‘match fitness’

He will

Thefunkymonk
15-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Now RLC is out I think Roy will keep 4-4-2 so GF will get his wish of zaha up top.. think we’ll see

Speroni
TFM Dann sakho pva
Townsend luka cabaye schlupp
Bentke zaha

If pva isn’t fit then ward will be left back

Mr Palace
15-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Now RLC is out I think Roy will keep 4-4-2 so GF will get his wish of zaha up top.. think weíll see

Speroni
TFM Dann sakho pva
Bentke zaha

If pva isnít fit then ward will be left back

I think you're right. Though Schlupp hasn't done enough to keep his place and I wonder if he'll bring McArthur in on the right side with Townsend on the left. I like Schlupp but I think he should either play left back or not at all - he's not good enough on recent performances to play left midfield.

DocSavage
15-11-2017, 04:57 AM
i really have no idea

:(

Penstone Eagle
15-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Now RLC is out I think Roy will keep 4-4-2 so GF will get his wish of zaha up top.. think weíll see

Speroni
TFM Dann sakho pva
Bentke zaha

What a choice, PVA or Ward.

aj4england
15-11-2017, 07:19 AM
What a choice, PVA or Ward.

roy may play both - not that he should

Oli28
15-11-2017, 08:02 AM

Speroni
TFM Dann sakho pva
Bentke zaha

I'd swap Townsend for Zaha in that formation

Golf Boy
15-11-2017, 08:13 AM
I think Zaha should play more centrally giving him more options. That way he is not so easy to mark out of the game. It would mean we could play a bit more defensively with the other midfielder - Maybe macarthur. Keep it tight and have a AT and Zaha the outlets with CB.

Thin on Top
15-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Speroni

TFM
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp

Townsend
Cabaye
McArthur
Luka
Zaha

Benteke

elgin eagle
15-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Speroni

TFM
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp

Townsend
Cabaye
McArthur
Luka
Zaha

Benteke

Something like this or quite similar hopefully.

Thin on Top
15-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Something like this or quite similar hopefully.

Need a battling midfield this Saturday, will be a scrap.

Business in the middle, Party on the wings.

elgin eagle
15-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Need a battling midfield this Saturday, will be a scrap.

Business in the middle, Party on the wings.

Yep. Just hope Benteke will return with a point to prove and a shift to put in.

Excowboy
15-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Haven't been following Everton recently but usually the way to score against them is get behind the full-backs. If they're still playing similar, schlupp and Townsend on the wing with Wilf and Benteke up front should do the trick.

Lordbenny
15-11-2017, 01:16 PM
RLC May play according to Sky sports....’Crystal Palace assessing RLC’s fitness ahead of game against Everton in Saturday’

TheCharmer1
15-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Haven't been following Everton recently but usually the way to score against them is get behind the full-backs. If they're still playing similar, schlupp and Townsend on the wing with Wilf and Benteke up front should do the trick.

Wilf and Townsend have to play wide for that reason. Schlupp plays left back or not at all

GreatGonzo
15-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Baines one side and Kenny the other. Last game was Jagielka and Keane in the middle, and it is usually Williams who has a great game against us.

It will be interesting to see if Schneidelin and Mirallas have been forgiven (dropped for the last game) and they may remain on the bench. Last up they had Gueye, Baningime, and Davis in a 3 man midfield with Gylfi and Rooney either side of Niasse.

Physioroom has Ben Davies possibly out but both James McCarthy and Barkley possibly back this weekend.

Mr Palace
15-11-2017, 05:13 PM
They have very little pace and threat up front so I think this is one of those ganes we have to win. I'd be very disappointed if we can't beat a very below average looking everton team at the moment. Lukaku, Coleman, Bolasie and maybe Barkley too made a big difference to them and, with all not playing, I think we must win. Get the first goal and we will beat them.

bigend1
15-11-2017, 05:20 PM
I don't think Roy should change what we've been doing too much. Yes it's been 442 out of possession but fluid going forward. A tweek in the movement in the final third as we now have the luxury of being able to cross to a viable target assuming benteke is back.

TFM----------Dann----------Sakho---------ward
Jimmy-------Luka---------cabaye--------Townsend
--------------benteke--------zaha------------------

As I say 442 but not really. Wilf has freedom to roam and play off benteke as he's been doing a little with Townsend but more so. The addded dynamic of flick ons etc from benteke too. He can drift right and provide an option for Jimmy who will also have he pace of TFM. He can drift left and combine with Townsend for a huge threat on the left allowing ward to largely stay back. He also link with benteke in the middle if the pace of andros and TFM is creating space there.

Andros over to the left which is where he should be with benteke in the team. Crosses without cutting back will be better for Ben and give him a run on the defender. I know andros likes to cut in and shoot with his left but he rarely scores so would rather he's crossing. Andros will have to replicate much of what schlupp did with ward defensively. They were very effective together but ward is still out of position on the left and a pacy, left footed helper is required at times.

Don't change the formation that's been so effective and just misses the goal scorer. Bring ben in and tweek as hopefully he's the missing piece to the puzzle

I was torn but now with rlc potentially out it should really be the system that the players have been dominating games with for the last 5! All we've missed is the striker to convert the chances we're creating and hopefully big Ben is back.

They are well drilled at it and have been successful with it. Just need the finishing touch

Nigelbrag
15-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Speroni

TFM
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp

Townsend
Cabaye
McArthur
Luka
Zaha

Benteke

This is much more likely now with RLC out, also what we must not forget is eventhough they have been out of form Everton are no mugs especially after that last morale boosting win against Watford, and how vital this game will be.
As for the RB role i do believe Roy will start with Ward, i am still to be convinced by TFM

Se9 eagles
15-11-2017, 09:00 PM
As long as Hen and PVA don't play....

GreatGonzo
16-11-2017, 09:02 AM
They have very little pace and threat up front so I think this is one of those ganes we have to win. I'd be very disappointed if we can't beat a very below average looking everton team at the moment. Lukaku, Coleman, Bolasie and maybe Barkley too made a big difference to them and, with all not playing, I think we must win. Get the first goal and we will beat them.

Watford got the first 2 and lost ;)

Agree though they look a much poorer team than last season due to sales and injuries. Just hope we have Benteke back and players perform as we know they can.

Mr Palace
16-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Watford got the first 2 and lost ;)

Agree though they look a much poorer team than last season due to sales and injuries. Just hope we have Benteke back and players perform as we know they can.

True but they were away from home and they are leaky defensively. I think that, in front of our fans with a slight upturn in our recent home form, we will beat them if we get the first goal. It won't be easy but they are there for the taking. If we are going to stay up these are the games we need to win.

GreatGonzo
16-11-2017, 09:45 AM
True but they were away from home and they are leaky defensively. I think that, in front of our fans with a slight upturn in our recent home form, we will beat them if we get the first goal. It won't be easy but they are there for the taking. If we are going to stay up these are the games we need to win.

Yup, i am awaiting the press conference tomorrow to hear who might be in might be out and at 2pm on Saturday, if Benteke is fit to start, if Wilf, Andros, Yohan, Mama and Luka are all there on the team sheet I am confident we can get a good result.

Bryan
16-11-2017, 08:41 PM
TFM---------Tomkins----------Sakho-——---Ward
——————————-Luka———————————
—————— Cabaye——-Schlupp (RLC)————-
--------Townsend------benteke--------zaha------

CPFC.1990
16-11-2017, 08:49 PM
If we have a left back fit we should play a left back in that position. Not rocket science is it?! Ward seems to get abuse at the best of times let alone when he is asked to play out of position.

teesdale99
16-11-2017, 09:40 PM
I think the rlc injury means Roy will play 442. If he was fit I’m sure he would have seriously considered 451 with wilf and andros wife.

Dann will start over Tomkins. Tfm right back, ward left. Sclupp lm, andros right, cabaye and Luka central. Wilf roaming alongside benteke. I’m convince this wil be the team. The only other option is the 451 with macarthur in the rlc role but I’m don’t think that will happen.

Mr Bo Jangles
16-11-2017, 09:52 PM
I think the rlc injury means Roy will play 442. If he was fit Iím sure he would have seriously considered 451 with wilf and andros wife.

Is she any good? Any chance she could play in goal?

teesdale99
17-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Is she any good? Any chance she could play in goal?
Rubbish goalie. She’d be quite useful in the hole behind benteke though...

andyocpfc
17-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Some interesting talk from the Everton board. Like here, a mix bag of fans thinking they'll wallop us and others that think they'll get battered by our pace etc.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/crystal-palace-vs-everton-18-11-2017-ko-3pm-gmt.100420/page-6

jhc
17-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Our season will obviously hinge on the 8 games between now and Christmas, starting with tomorrow against Everton.
We can’t keep saying we deserved to get something out of the game, only to lose out once again.
Benteke back with Wilf up front I hope. We need to turn performances into points.

averity
17-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Can't see andros wife playing. Just can't see it my self :)

GreatGonzo
17-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Some interesting talk from the Everton board. Like here, a mix bag of fans thinking they'll wallop us and others that think they'll get battered by our pace etc.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/crystal-palace-vs-everton-18-11-2017-ko-3pm-gmt.100420/page-6

Including the one who describes Gylfi Siggurdsson as a long term prospect - he is 28 FFS!

Martin H
17-11-2017, 03:49 PM

This would be one of Chandler's 'Run Yasmin, Run like a wind' moments.

Eagleinsussex
17-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Give her a chance, she might be just what we need.....

Alfonso
17-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Watch my match preview, including my predicted line-up and team news, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-kfW-pm5Q&feature=youtu.be

jimmy the gent
17-11-2017, 08:48 PM
I think the rlc injury means Roy will play 442. If he was fit Iím sure he would have seriously considered 451 with wilf and andros wife.

Wilf and Andros wife? Doesn't that make her a bigamist? Crikey.

johnp
17-11-2017, 09:19 PM

She must at least get a place on the bench ahead of Mutch

Reg_Maudling
18-11-2017, 12:14 AM
bring on andros' wife for the last 15 mins when benteke is tiring

GreatGonzo
18-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Give her a chance, she might be just what we need.....

Is she one of those great in the hole or one that if she finds the pockets she is very wasteful?