PDA

View Full Version : will we ever score from a corner

scissors10
05-11-2017, 09:31 PM
in the last few games we have had a lot of corners but nothing comes from them, two years ago scott dann was scoring for fun but now we don't even win many headers thoughts anyone

Golf Boy
05-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Shit loads soon. Dann getting on the end of them now as well as Ben and Sakho.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
05-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Will we ever score used to be the question.

sydney eagle
05-11-2017, 09:37 PM
All the opposition need to do is double up on Scott Dann at the moment and that’s the end of it. Every corner goes to him.

Must be quite simple defending against us

Kylie_Tracey
05-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Woy doesn't even know how to set a team up to defend a long throw in the box, HTF do you expect us to ever score from a corner?

Nostrils
05-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Woy doesn't even know how to set a team up to defend a long throw in the box, HTF do you expect us to ever score from a corner?
F*** me you're boring.

glaziers fan
05-11-2017, 09:43 PM
cabaye outswingers, floating harmlessly into the keeper's gloves.

PALACEWU
05-11-2017, 09:44 PM

So boring. The anger you've just made me feel is physical. **** alive I shouldn't even respond

Golf Boy
05-11-2017, 09:45 PM

Can`t you ******* see we are looking miles better since RH has got control. You sound like a Pardew rimmer to me.

Kylie_Tracey
05-11-2017, 09:49 PM
So boring. The anger you've just made me feel is physical. **** alive I shouldn't even respond

there is no point in getting angry, accept our fate this season, get down to the Championship, get the Dougster on board, rebuild the academy, make a long term sensible plan and go from there, the riches of the PL are nothing but a poison chalice for a club like ours, onwards and upwards.

jobiinthelastmi
05-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Not from a Cabaye corner we won't.

Kylie_Tracey
05-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Can`t you ******* see we are looking miles better since RH has got control. You sound like a Pardew rimmer to me.

no I'm not in any way shape or form, I was vocal in my opinion that Pardys reign had come to its end. I'm probably a solo voice in my opinion in how the club is being run, I dont have any supporters or followers except one chappy on The HOL.

Gazza2
05-11-2017, 11:01 PM
I read somewhere that on average there is 1 goal per 30 corners in the Prem.

richdeniro
05-11-2017, 11:06 PM

Teams are so well drilled at defending corners these days. Better off taking them short.

Twin of Droy
05-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Because they are floated in by Cabaye they are easier to defend and more difficult for Dann or anyone else to get enough power to beat the keeper/last defender.

GB2506
05-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Not from a Cabaye corner we won't.

But from a pathetic Speroni clearance we are full steam ahead. Just more proof you’re a clueless happy clapping Twat

macstar
05-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Because they are floated in by Cabaye they are easier to defend and more difficult for Dann or anyone else to get enough power to beat the keeper/last defender.

yep, sick of floated corners... its about a year since we scored from a corner....

whip
them
in

macstar
05-11-2017, 11:50 PM

ours must be 1 goal in 150 corners

glaziers fan
06-11-2017, 09:44 AM
If we don't have anyone who can whip them in then I agree we may as well take them short. Townsend to Zaha, see if he can work some magic and if not back to Townsend to whip in. Benteke is a proper target who will hopefully be back for the next one.

thefox
06-11-2017, 09:52 AM
At least at corners we actually see a player in the box. A very rare sighting at Palace these days.

ardeo
06-11-2017, 10:00 AM
We've come very close from a few corners already, so we'll definitely score a few.

I liked the one against West Ham which was deep to Dann, headed back into the danger area, then across goal and Tomkins with a better headed or less inspired keeper would have scored.

So a little more variety than we had seen over the previous season.

macstar
06-11-2017, 10:12 AM
We've come very close from a few corners already, so we'll definitely score a few.

I liked the one against West Ham which was deep to Dann, headed back into the danger area, then across goal and Tomkins with a better headed or less inspired keeper would have scored.

So a little more variety than we had seen over the previous season.

this is the problem. Not enough pace on them... with that extra pace, who knows...we couldve scored a few

davech
06-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Not until we bring back Andy Thorn.

Zohar's Penalty
06-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Were it not for an incredible save, we would've scored from a corner yesterday. Same for the West Ham game.

I am traditionally quite the moaner, but some on here are taking the piss.

Owngoal
06-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Part of it is the delivery but there seems to be a thing for Dann to head it on rather than straight at goal himself. Huge amount of holding and impediment by Spurs but no action by the ref