PDA

View Full Version : WBA away Saturday 2nd December 3pm

Glen Eagle
06-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Might have missed this but does anyone know when tickets are going on sale?

Penstone Eagle
06-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Might have missed this but does anyone know when tickets are going on sale?

You haven't missed it.

And no.

Dorking .Eagle
07-11-2017, 06:34 AM
I would guess away season tickets Friday to Monday, then first normal phase next Tuesday (14th) but it has not been confirmed yet.

cjcpfc
07-11-2017, 10:02 AM
I would guess away season tickets Friday to Monday, then first normal phase next Tuesday (14th) but it has not been confirmed yet.

Then following week Leicester go on sale?

Ooh Betty
07-11-2017, 10:22 AM
What percentage of our allocation are we turning down for this one?

Penstone Eagle
07-11-2017, 11:52 AM

:D

redandblue
07-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Never going to west Brom again stewarding was dreadful and taking a 6 year old with me who got very scared, then being led out and hiving to walk about 3 miles through a dodgy estate rather than the 500 yards back to the car in this day an age is pathetic.

Shit club, Shit fans, Shit town anc CBomb for a manager no thanks

East-End Eagle
07-11-2017, 01:14 PM
I listened to 606 in the car for the first time in years the other day. West Brom fans absolutely hating on pulis. Destroying to soul of the club was the general theme. Was interesting listening to the BBC pundit (Jason someone) Sticking up for his mate pulis "great man, great manager" and getting called out for it. Was quite amusing.

Shipsisourking
07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Never going to west Brom again stewarding was dreadful and taking a 6 year old with me who got very scared, then being led out and hiving to walk about 3 miles through a dodgy estate rather than the 500 yards back to the car in this day an age is pathetic.

Shit club, Shit fans, Shit town anc CBomb for a manager no thanks

Is a proper pain in the arse that walk, but I always look forward to the hawthorns. Could be because Iím usually home in just over an hour :)

Anyway, donít take a flag, the stewards at the turnstiles will take it off you, donít look over to the stand on the right hand side, the stewards will tell you off, donít also look to the right as the pikey woman with her dirty kids will be flicking vís at you all game and donít forget to sing songs about Tonyís house!

Mad Raschic Ken
07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
West Brom's just about my favourite trip of the season. Proper stadium, decent atmosphere, good pre-match curry and we have a reasonably good record there. Looking forward to it.

scro
07-11-2017, 01:50 PM
West Brom's just about my favourite trip of the season. Proper stadium, decent atmosphere, good pre-match curry and we have a reasonably good record there. Looking forward to it.

Do we? I have been about 4 times and i don't think i have seen a win! mind you it's all relative i suppose :supergrin:

Ooh Betty
07-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Worst trip of the season by a long way. Complete khazi of a place featuring that stinking hell hole The Vine.

Nth Kent Eagle
07-11-2017, 02:08 PM
One of the better away days but could do with pubs a bit nearer. The beauty of West Midlands games is that you can get the Chiltern trains reasonably priced without having to book specific departures.

Sp1Eagle
07-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Worst trip of the season by a long way. Complete khazi of a place featuring that stinking hell hole The Vine.

Stoke?

Gazza2
07-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Loads of decent pubs in centre of Birmingham then 6 mins on train from Snowhill to Hawthorns.
We usually leave boozer near Snowhill just before 230pm.
Last season they let us away fans straight onto train at The Hawthorns after the match so we were back in Birmingham at 515pm.
Would never go back to any pub near stadium.

Ooh Betty
07-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Stoke?

Two good pubs in Stoke, nice walk along the canal back and a short hop to Stafford. No contest.

jmemour
07-11-2017, 02:53 PM
WBA away was a top day out last year.

Dorking .Eagle
07-11-2017, 03:05 PM
As long as you know they are going to send you down that alleyway at the end, then you plan for it. Plenty of free street parking in the area around Hawthorns rail station.

FourtyTwo
07-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Is a proper pain in the arse that walk, but I always look forward to the hawthorns. Could be because Iím usually home in just over an hour :)

Anyway, donít take a flag, the stewards at the turnstiles will take it off you, donít look over to the stand on the right hand side, the stewards will tell you off, donít also look to the right as the pikey woman with her dirty kids will be flicking vís at you all game and donít forget to sing songs about Tonyís house!

I was near the edge of the stand last year, and had great delight goading one of their fans who would stand up, give it some for about 10 seconds and then sit back down, to the point where our little corner started counting down from 10 when he stood up!

There was also the complete nutcase sat near him in a selection of attire from Millwall, Arsenal and West Brom, who looked like he hadn't washed in about a month!

old git
07-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Two good pubs in Stoke, nice walk along the canal back and a short hop to Stafford. No contest.

I have never understood why so many dislike this away game.Come out of the station turn right instead of left and there are a few good pubs. The globe and the white star where Parish and browett were drinking a couple of years back.

scro
07-11-2017, 04:04 PM
I have never understood why so many dislike this away game.Come out of the station turn right instead of left and there are a few good pubs. The globe and the white star where Parish and browett were drinking a couple of years back.

I bet parish doesn't do that kind of thing anymore!!

Nth Kent Eagle
07-11-2017, 04:06 PM
I bet parish doesn't do that kind of thing anymore!!

Why, his most ferocious critics are on the BBS on Saturday afternoons not at places such as the Hawthorns.

Shipsisourking
07-11-2017, 04:13 PM
I was near the edge of the stand last year, and had great delight goading one of their fans who would stand up, give it some for about 10 seconds and then sit back down, to the point where our little corner started counting down from 10 when he stood up!

There was also the complete nutcase sat near him in a selection of attire from Millwall, Arsenal and West Brom, who looked like he hadn't washed in about a month!

Do you remeber the filthy woman and her dirty children, 3 or 4 little rats ?

Ooh Betty
07-11-2017, 04:50 PM

Is correcr

New LP
07-11-2017, 06:27 PM

Maybe they can organise a beam back for the disappointed fans who miss out?

New LP
07-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Why, his most ferocious critics are on the BBS on Saturday afternoons not at places such as the Hawthorns.

Silly post, although typical of many people on here who seem glued to this site at all times.

I would imagine that a cross section of fans with different views on our owner attend away matches.

Nth Kent Eagle
07-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Silly post, although typical of many people on here who seem glued to this site at all times.

I would imagine that a cross section of fans with different views on our owner attend away matches.

Glued at all times. My post count hasn't caught up with yours. Pots and kettles.

Mad Raschic Ken
07-11-2017, 06:57 PM
We won there in the FA Cup recently and I thought we had won a league game too, but can't remember now. I've thought of the place positively ever since we did them 4-1 in Chris Armstrong's days and the time Dean Gordon got a hat-trick!

Edit: This was a reply to Scro, but I ballsed up the quoting bit!

Oli28
07-11-2017, 07:00 PM
We won there in the FA Cup recently and I thought we had won a league game too, but can't remember now. I've thought of the place positively ever since we did them 4-1 in Chris Armstrong's days and the time Dean Gordon got a hat-trick!
Won last season and in the cup with Pulis.

Also won there in the admin season with an n'diaye goal and also won there a couple of years prior due to a late goal from grabban I believe.

Mallard
07-11-2017, 08:29 PM
As long as you know they are going to send you down that alleyway at the end, then you plan for it. Plenty of free street parking in the area around Hawthorns rail station.
What's the deal with alleyways and gates on the way out? Where do you come out?

Mad Raschic Ken
07-11-2017, 08:44 PM

As you come out of the away end the route to the right is blocked off and you have to turn left down an alley to the main road. As has been said, there's parking on that side of the ground or alternatively it's a bit of a walk. No hassle really though once you are expecting it.

Mallard
07-11-2017, 09:01 PM
As you come out of the away end the route to the right is blocked off and you have to turn left down an alley to the main road. As has been said, there's parking on that side of the ground or alternatively it's a bit of a walk. No hassle really though once you are expecting it.
Ok, thanks.
So I guess you come out on Middlemore Road then.

Dorking .Eagle
07-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Ok, thanks.

Correct.

Mad Raschic Ken
07-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Ok, thanks.

Yes. If you get there early there is free street parking about 100 yards from the end of the alley. There's also a car park nearby.

Personally I prefer to park by the M5 junction and walk the 15 minutes or so back there.

cdm61
08-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Odd tickets not on sale yet

old git
08-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Odd tickets not on sale yet

What about normal ones?

jmemour
09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Phase 1
Friday 10th November from 10am
Away Season Ticket holders
One ticket per client reference

Phase 2
Tuesday 14th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders and paid members with 2500+ loyalty points

Phase 3
Wednesday 15th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders – no loyalty point requirement

Phase 4
Thursday 16th November from 10am
Paid Members – no loyalty point requirement

Phase 5
Monday 20th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders and paid members can book one additional ticket (maximum of two tickets per Client Reference) – no loyalty point requirement

All sales phases are subject to availability

Prices:
Adults - £25
Seniors (60+) - £20
Full-time students - £15
17-22 - £15
Under-17s - £10

Oli28
09-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Excellent pricing

sherstonpalace
09-11-2017, 12:20 PM

You don't have to wait too long before they open that ridiculous gate. Last year the home areas of the ground emptied after Townsend's fantastic late solo effort and a lot of Palace fans stayed around singing 'don't worry, 'bout a thing' after the final whistle. By the time we made it out, they were opening the gate.

Best places to park are definitely the industrial estates by the M5 - everyone ignores the no-right-turn signs on Kenrick Way.

Chillo
09-11-2017, 12:24 PM
You don't have to wait too long before they open that ridiculous gate. Last year the home areas of the ground emptied after Townsend's fantastic late solo effort and a lot of Palace fans stayed around singing 'don't worry, 'bout a thing' after the final whistle. By the time we made it out, they were opening the gate.

Best places to park are definitely the industrial estates by the M5 - everyone ignores the no-right-turn signs on Kenrick Way.

I must have still been celebrating as I don't remember the gate being closed. :lux:

Oh, good pricing (including student price) as well :p

Chillo
09-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Mystic Dorking :p

Mictor Voses
09-11-2017, 05:35 PM
£25. Fair play!

scro
10-11-2017, 09:02 AM
I did wonder if clubs that charged less than £30 might take the chance to push the prices up to £30. So West Brom should be applauded for the value they have always offered and continue to do so.

cpfc4evandeva
10-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Worst away trip of the season now is arguably West Ham. Soulless ground in a an utterly soulless area. And it's incredibly annoying that when you get out of the ground at the end, you have to walk approximately 14 miles to get to back to the station.

I feel sorry for West Ham fans for having their club utterly ruined by Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

scro
10-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Worst away trip of the season now is arguably West Ham. Soulless ground in a an utterly soulless area. And it's incredibly annoying that when you get out of the ground at the end, you have to walk approximately 14 miles to get to back to the station.

I feel sorry for West Ham fans for having their club utterly ruined by Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

This is avoidable. Even though they try and make it seem as though it isn't. I really like the olympic park area as well. Scoffs around the corner from ground is awesome.

Just need to know the local area a bit. Personally for me i actually like the west ham trip for all but the view. It's far better than the area around upton park.

I am not sure i would be keen on the stadium itself.. but the location absolutely pisses on what they had before.

macstar
10-11-2017, 12:06 PM

it is horrendous... (didnt help we were so crap that day.). There is a mystery DLR station nearby that is closer to the stadium than Stratford apparently but havent found it yet

The walk back to the station was awful and is asking for trouble.... and Stratford station itself is disgusting and packed!

cpfc4evandeva
10-11-2017, 12:14 PM
This is avoidable. Even though they try and make it seem as though it isn't. I really like the olympic park area as well. Scoffs around the corner from ground is awesome.

Just need to know the local area a bit. Personally for me i actually like the west ham trip for all but the view. It's far better than the area around upton park.

I am not sure i would be keen on the stadium itself.. but the location absolutely pisses on what they had before.

Upton Park was without doubt an utter shithole. However, I'd take that over the utterly plastic wankfest that is 'Olympic Park' and Westfield every day of the week. It's not a football ground, but it's also not an area where a football club should be.

Dorking .Eagle
10-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Pudding Mill Lane Station is just a couple of hundred yards from the away end, very easy to find, just spend 5 minutes familiarising yourself with Google maps aerial view before the day of the game and you'll be fine.

There is free street parking not a million miles away, and a McDonalds on the walk to the ground (admittedly not everyone's cup of tea)

For me the most annoying thing is the sheer distance from the pitch in the upper tier.

scro
10-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Upton Park was without doubt an utter shithole. However, I'd take that over the utterly plastic wankfest that is 'Olympic Park' and Westfield every day of the week. It's not a football ground, but it's also not an area where a football club should be.

Olympic Park is lovely and by no means a "wankfest" been great for the local area and offers a really pleasant environment to spend time. Westfield is by no means my favourite place in the world but it is what it is (a shopping centre). The whole thing is vastly superior to the selhurst area with far better transport options, food and drink and general pleasantness.

The view from the upper tier is the problem with the olympic stadiium. Everything else about it including the concourse areas (which are the nicest in the league, natural light and not feeling like you are in a basement with the cables and pipes). Is brilliant.. The problem of course is the fact that because the stadium is wholly unsuitable for football i would not want it. Yes the traipse back to stratford station is a downside but it's still far and away not even close to the worst away trip on so many levels.

scro
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM
In fact we by some distance have the worst london premier league stadium location and experience now spurs are at wembley. Luckily the nature of the stadium means the actual game time itself is the opposite though.

orp pisshead1
10-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Phase 1
Friday 10th November from 10am
Away Season Ticket holders

Phase 2
Tuesday 14th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders and paid members with 2500+ loyalty points

Phase 3
Wednesday 15th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders Ė no loyalty point requirement

Phase 4
Thursday 16th November from 10am
Paid Members Ė no loyalty point requirement

Phase 5
Monday 20th November from 10am
Season Ticket holders and paid members can book one additional ticket (maximum of two tickets per Client Reference) Ė no loyalty point requirement

All sales phases are subject to availability

Prices:
Adults - £25
Seniors (60+) - £20
Full-time students - £15
17-22 - £15
Under-17s - £10

Bollox to all that hassle :supergrin:, sitting in east stand ( right of our section) with baggy supporting uncle and cousin as heís getting on abit and itíll be nice to nudge him when CB bags his hatrick:lux:

Brumie Allan
12-11-2017, 09:38 AM
In fact we by some distance have the worst london premier league stadium location and experience now spurs are at wembley. Luckily the nature of the stadium means the actual game time itself is the opposite though.

3 stations within 5 mins walk of the stadium and no queuing to get in station, ours is one of the best. Ours is only horrendous if you try and drive to the stadium.

CharlieCPFC
12-11-2017, 09:51 AM
3 stations within 5 mins walk of the stadium and no queuing to get in station, ours is one of the best. Ours is only horrendous if you try and drive to the stadium.

Exactly.

Never understood the whole perception of Selhurst being one of the worst grounds to get, pure bollocks.

cpfc4evandeva
12-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Olympic Park is lovely and by no means a "wankfest" been great for the local area and offers a really pleasant environment to spend time. Westfield is by no means my favourite place in the world but it is what it is (a shopping centre). The whole thing is vastly superior to the selhurst area with far better transport options, food and drink and general pleasantness.

The view from the upper tier is the problem with the olympic stadiium. Everything else about it including the concourse areas (which are the nicest in the league, natural light and not feeling like you are in a basement with the cables and pipes). Is brilliant.. The problem of course is the fact that because the stadium is wholly unsuitable for football i would not want it. Yes the traipse back to stratford station is a downside but it's still far and away not even close to the worst away trip on so many levels.

When I go away, I don't go for the shopping, or to eat a meal, or to live there long term. I want somewhere that does a decent pint nearby, has good transport links and shows some character in the area. Stratford is completely devoid of all of these.

And Selhurst Park not having good transport links? Seriously? :clown:

Keith Powell
12-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Has anybody seen when booking online if we have taken a full allocation for this game?

Dorking .Eagle
12-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Has anybody seen when booking online if we have taken a full allocation for this game?

Impossible to say. The current away S/T phase only gives a choice of A1 or A4, which are the end blocks (top and bottom). At £25 tickets it would have been nice if they had been a bit bolder and put blocks A2 and A5 on sale as well from the outset (to give the first bookers a better choice than a view of the corner flag), however the main thing is that everyone who wants one for this game should be fine as there will surely be enough tickets for all who want to go

Johnnieboy
12-11-2017, 05:38 PM
It's nothing to do with the WBA game of course, but since we're on the subject West Ham away last season had by far the most inadequate gents toilet provision of any ground I've been to. And I include the old portacabins at Gillingham in that

Penstone Eagle
12-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Have the HF notified the club that they are attending yet? Or do we have a full selection of seats to chose from?

scro
13-11-2017, 09:25 AM

Even accounting for the 3 stations which are all on lines that take a while from london and only one is a 5 minute walk albeit not on match day unless you are coming out of the bottom corner of the holmesdale. We are still the least enjoyable ground to travel to and visit in london out of the premier league teams in my opinion. The local area has nowhere to eat, barely anywhere acceptable to drink and the parking etc. it appalling.

Chelsea, Wembley, The olympic park, The emirates may suffer from being soulless themselves but as a an experience in terms of going there, spending time around the ground and things like the concourse areas are miles apart from selhurst in my opinion. I wouldn't swap because of the match experience but to claim we are in some easy to get to, pleasant to spend time area is seriously one eyed (I appreciate that many don't care but i am getting to the point in life where i like a decent experience with the match rather than just singing songs whilst standing in an inch of piss in a local pub).

scro
13-11-2017, 09:31 AM
When I go away, I don't go for the shopping, or to eat a meal, or to live there long term. I want somewhere that does a decent pint nearby, has good transport links and shows some character in the area. Stratford is completely devoid of all of these.

And Selhurst Park not having good transport links? Seriously? :clown:

I don't go shopping but will often stop for a bite to eat and a drink, I will often socialise in the area under the seats and the local pubs. I also just like being somewhere that isn't a hole generally. The transport links are ok but seeing as i am rating it against other london experiences it's not what i would call convenient. White hart lane was the worst but currently i would say we currently hold the crown.

The old white hart lane, upton park and selhurst are probably the best for the in game atmosphere though so perhaps there is something to said for old school dives in holes but in reality there is a lot also to be said for spending your spare time somewhere pleasant.

Mr Bo Jangles
13-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Have you tried parking at the Emirates, Spurs or Chelsea, or trying to get a tube after these matches? At Palace there is plenty of free parking nearby, great access to three train stations with links from two major London stations and from the South Coast or 20 minute walk to East Croydon (less than walk the walk to Seven Sisters). The thing that makes our ground harder is the fact that it is further South than other London clubs and therefore further round M25 if driving and further from Euston/Kings Cross if arriving from the North.

scro
13-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Have you tried parking at the Emirates, Spurs or Chelsea, or trying to get a tube after these matches? At Palace there is plenty of free parking nearby, great access to three train stations with links from two major London stations and from the South Coast or 20 minute walk to East Croydon (less than walk the walk to Seven Sisters). The thing that makes our ground harder is the fact that it is further South than other London clubs and therefore further round M25 if driving and further from Euston/Kings Cross if arriving from the North.

Parking i agree but that just inevitable because they are central london. As for the tube.. yes.. have had no issue whatsever getting away from chelsea, arsenal, spurs or west ham. Transport links aside the places are just nicer places to be. I don't think there is any debate about that is there? I just don't gettiing hating west ham on any level other than the stadium bowl itself. A very enjoyable place to spend time.

anyway.. first stage for west brom tickets tomorrow :-)

Joe.L
13-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Forgive me for saying but your idea of a 'decent experience' sounds just a little bit dull and sterile if you ask me but if you don't enjoy standing in an inch of piss singing Palace songs then I guess we were never likely to agree on what is and what isn't a good time.

scro
13-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Forgive me for saying but your idea of a 'decent experience' sounds just a little bit dull and sterile if you ask me but if you don't enjoy standing in an inch of piss singing Palace songs then I guess we were never likely to agree on what is and what isn't a good time.

I personally like a bit of both.. hence why I rate chelsea as the best overall. Old style ground for atmosphere but in a great part of london for grabbing some lunch and a drink before and after. All a stones throw from civilisation. Certainly puts the cherry's or the prince of wales followed by a slow stopper to victoria to shame.

Kirby
13-11-2017, 11:15 AM
The majority of pubs around Selhurst/Norwood/Thornton Heath are awful, but I'd still rather drink in them than a Premier Inn at Westfield.

I just wish the club would re-open Crystals so there's somewhere half decent to drink at the ground before 1.30pm.

Penstone Eagle
13-11-2017, 12:55 PM
The majority of pubs around Selhurst/Norwood/Thornton Heath are awful, but I'd still rather drink in them than a Premier Inn at Westfield.

I just wish the club would re-open Crystals so there's somewhere half decent to drink at the ground before 1.30pm.

Yep, Crystals was ideal for us too.

scro
13-11-2017, 02:55 PM

You are literally coming at the london stadium from the wrong angle. No need to go to westfield at all.

scro
13-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Yep, Crystals was ideal for us too.

Crystals was at least convenient with a decent queue system. Always preferred glaziers pre match but long gone are those days.

Penstone Eagle
13-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Crystals was at least convenient with a decent queue system. Always preferred glaziers pre match but long gone are those days.

Convenient is the word, opened earlier than the stadium bars and I really have no desire to enter the stadium itself too early.

Dorking .Eagle
13-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Have you tried parking at the Emirates, Spurs or Chelsea, or trying to get a tube after these matches? At Palace there is plenty of free parking nearby, .

Always go by car to Arsenal and White Hart Lane. It is a myth that there is no free street parking nearby, most people are just assume it is impossible or don't want to go to the trouble of doing some basic research to find it.

I'll concede that Chelsea is a bugger to find free street parking near.

Mr Bo Jangles
14-11-2017, 08:46 AM
I suspect that is because the 'basic research' provides contrary advice.
Arsenal Website
Supporters are strongly advised not to drive to Emirates Stadium. The ground is situated in a mainly residential area with an extensive Event Day Parking Scheme in operation. Only car owners with resident's permits will be allowed to park on-street in the designated areas and any cars parked illegally will be towed away.
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/emirates-stadium/get-to-emirates-stadium#q6TCcbjgTQhVLXVv.99
Away Fans Website
Parking is limited around the Emirates, with an extensive residents only parking scheme in operation on matchdays. A better option may be to park a little further out near a tube station, Cockfosters for example, and then get the tube to the Emirates.

Payney
14-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Anyway back on thread :)

9 match tickets purchased this morning. £14 return London to Brum, Can't wait, cracking away day in my book.

ellioteagle1
14-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Where is best to get tickets for this? Upper or lower tier?

aj4england
14-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Anyway back on thread :)

9 match tickets purchased this morning. £14 return London to Brum, Can't wait, cracking away day in my book.

where did you get train tickets that cheap from?

From memory, isnt West Brom all one tier? Upper probably refers to back half.

Dorking .Eagle
14-11-2017, 11:51 AM
I suspect that is because the 'basic research' provides contrary advice.
Arsenal Website
Supporters are strongly advised not to drive to Emirates Stadium. The ground is situated in a mainly residential area with an extensive Event Day Parking Scheme in operation. Only car owners with resident's permits will be allowed to park on-street in the designated areas and any cars parked illegally will be towed away.
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/emirates-stadium/get-to-emirates-stadium#q6TCcbjgTQhVLXVv.99
Away Fans Website
Parking is limited around the Emirates, with an extensive residents only parking scheme in operation on matchdays. A better option may be to park a little further out near a tube station, Cockfosters for example, and then get the tube to the Emirates.

Basic research involves looking up the extent of the controlled parking zone on the Islington Council website, making a note of where the zone ends, and parking in the first road outside that zone. Approx 12 minutes walk. Glad that most people don't make the effort to do the same of course.

Oli28
14-11-2017, 12:00 PM

Search from Marylebone to Birmingham- I got a single for £3 (with a railcard) last week.

It's all one tier with a walkway somewhere in the middle.

EddieEdwards
14-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Where is best to get tickets for this? Upper or lower tier?There aren't really two tiers - it's a single tier stand with lower and upper sections, so it just depends on whether you prefer to be nearer the front or the back.

Payney
14-11-2017, 12:03 PM

from here https://buy.chilternrailways.co.uk/

Same price on Trainline as well, Now it's £17.

Marlyebone to Brum return,Train takes 1h 48 mins up there and a bit longer back.

Also saves using Virgin out of Euston, Virgin seem to over sell their trains and you end up sitting on the floor or standing from recent experiences. Or just plain refuse to let you on because the train is full, as happened at Liverpool away.

It's all 1 tier at West brom.

ellioteagle1
14-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Looking for atmosphere so is the upper better?

Payney
14-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info. Looking for atmosphere so is the upper better?

Yes definitely the upper blocks.

The best seats in my opinion are in A3 nearest to the West brom support. You are also behind the goal in this block rather than off to the side, these tickets will be sold last though as the box office fills up the stand from the other side first (A1 and A4 first).

ellioteagle1
14-11-2017, 01:03 PM

The best seats in my opinion are in A3 nearest to the West brom support. You are also behind the goal in this block rather than off to the side, these tickets will be sold last though as the box office fills up the stand from the other side first (A1 and A4 first).

Thanks

scro
14-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Basic research involves looking up the extent of the controlled parking zone on the Islington Council website, making a note of where the zone ends, and parking in the first road outside that zone. Approx 12 minutes walk. Glad that most people don't make the effort to do the same of course.

I have always found the easiest way to get away from the emirates if heading back towards central london for home or train stations is to get a bus rather than the tube. A short walk to highbury grove/park and you can jump on a 19 that takes you to central london and doesn't take long at all. I am always amazed how empty the busses are despite a match having just finished.

Leaving stamford bridge is very easy by tube if you just walk through brompton cemetry and up to earls court. Never seems to be many around there after the match.

Wembley is easier by tube, the way they get wembley park going after a game has always amazed me. Left on full time on sunday and just walked straight onto a platform and onto a train.

West ham I tend to walk back through the park which is pleasant enough and head for Leyton tube (admitedly a bit of a walk but a nice one for the most part). Either that or i head for victoria park and get a bus back towards bethnal green.

I am yet to find a convenient bloody way to get away from spurs to be honest.

Palace is limited if heading back to london. I tend to go for thornton heath but the trains are packed stoppers and its often slow progress.

scro
14-11-2017, 01:11 PM

usual waiting game for the decent blocks to come up.

Payney
14-11-2017, 01:15 PM

West brom instruct the Palace box office to sell in this order to be fair. But yes its a pain in the arse. If I was just after 2 tickets I would have waited but I needed to get 9 so thought best to sort them early.

Penstone Eagle
14-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Yep, couldn't be bothered to wait this time so went ahead and got them, must be the only event where you get penalised by buying early.

SKATE
14-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Yup!

wrightchipvcfc
14-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Didn't sell out last season for WBA only worry waiting is they suddenly take reduced allocation and tickets have gone spose box office judge it on how selling depending on Brighton away and next few home games go could effect how many travel just a guess I would say 2200 2500ish

Nth Kent Eagle
14-11-2017, 05:53 PM
I personally like a bit of both.. hence why I rate chelsea as the best overall. Old style ground for atmosphere but in a great part of london for grabbing some lunch and a drink before and after. All a stones throw from civilisation. Certainly puts the cherry's or the prince of wales followed by a slow stopper to victoria to shame.

Where is the Prince of Wales?

Nth Kent Eagle
14-11-2017, 05:56 PM
I have always found the easiest way to get away from the emirates if heading back towards central london for home or train stations is to get a bus rather than the tube. A short walk to highbury grove/park and you can jump on a 19 that takes you to central london and doesn't take long at all. I am always amazed how empty the busses are despite a match having just finished.

Leaving stamford bridge is very easy by tube if you just walk through brompton cemetry and up to earls court. Never seems to be many around there after the match.

Wembley is easier by tube, the way they get wembley park going after a game has always amazed me. Left on full time on sunday and just walked straight onto a platform and onto a train.

West ham I tend to walk back through the park which is pleasant enough and head for Leyton tube (admitedly a bit of a walk but a nice one for the most part). Either that or i head for victoria park and get a bus back towards bethnal green.

I am yet to find a convenient bloody way to get away from spurs to be honest.

Palace is limited if heading back to london. I tend to go for thornton heath but the trains are packed stoppers and its often slow progress.

I always walk from St Pancras to Arsenal and back. Half hour walk down the Caledonian Road and there are some good pubs around half way that let away fans in. With Spurs I do Northumberland Park to Stratford.

Oli28
14-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Listed as sold out. Surely not?

Woosie
14-11-2017, 09:51 PM
from here https://buy.chilternrailways.co.uk/

Same price on Trainline as well, Now it's £17.

Marlyebone to Brum return,Train takes 1h 48 mins up there and a bit longer back.

Also saves using Virgin out of Euston, Virgin seem to over sell their trains and you end up sitting on the floor or standing from recent experiences. Or just plain refuse to let you on because the train is full, as happened at Liverpool away.

It's all 1 tier at West brom.

There's absolutey no point using trainline over the Chiltern site as the price isn't going to be any different and trainline charges a booking fee. Always best to use the Train Operating Company website directly. Chiltern is great though, much more comfortable than Virgin and only marginally slower.

Best way to get to the ground and back again is via the tram, goes to both train stations. I was on the 17:30 out of New Street last year.

And yes, 'Upper' tier is better but there are no tiers as has been said it's just lower down or higher up

palacemetros
14-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Listed as sold out. Surely not?

Reduced allocation taken of 500 seats no doubt??

I would think (hope) that this is a mistake!

Oli28
14-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Reduced allocation taken of 500 seats no doubt??

I would think (hope) that this is a mistake!
I'm sure it's the usual situation of more tickets being uploaded. I wasn't aware that it actually gets listed as sold out though.

EddieEdwards
14-11-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm sure it's the usual situation of more tickets being uploaded. I wasn't aware that it actually gets listed as sold out though.Yeah, it shows sold out automatically when all the loaded tickets have gone. They'll load more in the morning.

scro
15-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Where is the Prince of Wales?

Sorry i might have the name wrong I was thinking of the grim pub on the end of thornton heath high street close to the mini roundabout not far from the ground. It might even be an "away" pub. I made the mistake of going there post match a few years back.

SKATE
15-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Now it say its sold out!! Surely not????????

SKATE
15-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Now it say its sold out!! Surely not????????

A2/A5 now up and selling!

Chillo
15-11-2017, 01:56 PM
A2/A5 now up and selling!

Just bought two in A2 :p

Now need to wait until Monday for another two (1 ST and 1 not).

Nth Kent Eagle
15-11-2017, 02:39 PM
There's absolutey no point using trainline over the Chiltern site as the price isn't going to be any different and trainline charges a booking fee. Always best to use the Train Operating Company website directly. Chiltern is great though, much more comfortable than Virgin and only marginally slower.

Best way to get to the ground and back again is via the tram, goes to both train stations. I was on the 17:30 out of New Street last year.

And yes, 'Upper' tier is better but there are no tiers as has been said it's just lower down or higher up

Just a quick point. If you turn up at Marylebone on the day without a train ticket and buy a day return get the return to the Hawthorns rather than Snow Hill or Moor St as it costs the same anyway. Those day tickets give you great flexibility.

cdm61
15-11-2017, 03:24 PM
Only £19 Marleybone to Hawthorns advanced saver return....

cantspell
15-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Just a quick point. If you turn up at Marylebone on the day without a train ticket and buy a day return get the return to the Hawthorns rather than Snow Hill or Moor St as it costs the same anyway. Those day tickets give you great flexibility.

Quick question how did you get to the tram so quickly as I was forced down that alley

Billyd
15-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Club has only taken 5 seats in directors box as it's allocation. Didn't wanna risk not selling out and losing 2 days wages for Jordon Mutch.

Dorking .Eagle
15-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Sorry i might have the name wrong I was thinking of the grim pub on the end of thornton heath high street close to the mini roundabout not far from the ground. It might even be an "away" pub. I made the mistake of going there post match a few years back.

Prince George. Positively away fans friendly. Does an excellent pint of Guinness apparently

Mad Raschic Ken
15-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Got nine in row OO of A2 today. Anyone know how close to the back that is?

Nth Kent Eagle
15-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Quick question how did you get to the tram so quickly as I was forced down that alley

I didn't last time. The queue at the metro station was quite long.

bomboyno
15-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Got nine in row OO of A2 today. Anyone know how close to the back that is?

I am XX and that is the back row

Woosie
15-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Last year I left bang on full-time and got straight on the tram. You can also go out with the home fans and follow them round. Or pelt it down the road for five minutes.

Mad Raschic Ken
15-11-2017, 10:18 PM

Thanks.

scro
16-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Prince George. Positively away fans friendly. Does an excellent pint of Guinness apparently

It was some time back but it was super dark and dingy when we went in there.

As if to highlight just how bad the area around the ground is for finding something decent to eat. The very mediocre chippy on the whitehorse road has the cheek to increase the prices and halve the portions.

Mind you more relevant.. west brom is also rubbish from what i can tell. Albeit brum is perfectly decent. However what value it works out at. We are on the 12:23 out of euston and back on the 18:10. Myself and the boy £15 and £35 for tickets. We end up home about an hour later than a home game and it's probably around the same price for the day.

Penstone Eagle
16-11-2017, 01:13 PM

For a minute I thought you'd put weight on since I last saw you, then I noticed there was no L:D

Shipsisourking
16-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Just got 3 in block a2 row ww, looks like it’s selling well.

bomboyno
16-11-2017, 05:52 PM
For a minute I thought you'd put weight on since I last saw you, then I noticed there was no L:D

Hahaha not quite Neil

CP Satellite
16-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Last year I left bang on full-time and got straight on the tram. You can also go out with the home fans and follow them round. Or pelt it down the road for five minutes.

It’s only a 20 minute walk to Smethwick Rolfe Street (usually much less time than you would spend queing up at The Hawthorns) and there are much fewer people trying to get back to New Street from there, which is about a 10 minute trip.