PDA

View Full Version : Luka playing friendly in south Korea Tuesday

16eagles
07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Roy get him out of this /Luka drop out simple. Tuesday before Everton game.

mroakley9
07-11-2017, 10:05 AM
shit thread

16eagles
07-11-2017, 10:09 AM
shit thread

Its a very valid discussion point. I think having a key player travel half the world before a massive game.
Come back with a bit more shit ****.

DAWSYEAGLE
07-11-2017, 10:16 AM
If its being played at 8pm South Korea time on Tueday he could potentially be back in the UK by Wednesday morning.

Not an issue.

Louis
07-11-2017, 10:47 AM
So you expect a former International manager to break the rules in favour of his club? Risk of injury to players on international duty is something every top flight manager has to face.

in-exile
07-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Hire Lewis Hamilton's private jet for a cheap quick trip back.... Right now he needs to show some business use... Lewis rentajet!

16eagles
07-11-2017, 11:14 AM
So you expect a former International manager to break the rules in favour of his club? Risk of injury to players on international duty is something every top flight manager has to face.

Being a former Int manager he will also know friendlies are not mandatory and he can be pulled out. Thats why its a discussion point. The rest of squad will be back early next week.

Kirby
07-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Chungy will probably injure him.

Penstone Eagle
07-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Not crucial to us as some believe, good penalty taker but he's not performing that we'll.

Yoda
07-11-2017, 11:58 AM
I see Serbia are playing a friendly against China first on Friday, then South Korea.

It certainly is a significant demand to place on the Serbian players based in Europe (which is presumably most of them?) to take part in this trip to Asia in the midst of their league seasons.

Normally I’d say that if you employ an international player then you have to accept that they will have these demands. However, I think Serbia are taking the micky arranging such a long trip for friendlies at this time.

Prince Phillip
07-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Any Icelandic internationals based in Europe (including Everton's Gylfi Sigurdsson) have a nice little fixture in Qatar next Tuesday 16:30 ko our time.

laboxers
07-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Don't the South American players have to travel further on a much more regular basis?

Eaglefoz
07-11-2017, 02:07 PM
or let him play himself into better form for us

TouchyAndalou
07-11-2017, 02:27 PM
It's just a reality of football that players - and not just our players - play international matches, friendlies, etc and often have to travel long distances between club games to do so. Several Premier League clubs will have more than half their squad absent during this period. It's a stupid, entitled view to think that we should somehow be exempt from this.

jimmy the gent
07-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Could be worse, could be North Korea.

stinky
07-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Hopefully he'll find his form and passing

Yoda
07-11-2017, 02:41 PM
It's just a reality of football that players - and not just our players - play international matches, friendlies, etc and often have to travel long distances between club games to do so. Several Premier League clubs will have more than half their squad absent during this period. It's a stupid, entitled view to think that we should somehow be exempt from this.

I haven’t suggested Luka should be exempt.

I do think buying players who play for distant countries (such as those in Africa or Asia) is something that a club has to consider v carefully. But it shouldn’t be that much of a deal if you buy a European player nowadays.

And ofcourse some clubs have considerably more strength in depth than Palace do.

But I do think the clubs are entitled to express an opinion on Serbia choosing to play a mini tournament in Asia during the competitive season. There must have been closer alternatives, and this is probably all about the money for them.

Luka will probably return on Wednesday, maybe Thursday. He’ll have had a v long flight and an 8 hour time difference. Then training on Friday to play on Saturday. Not impossible, but much more tiring than if Serbia had played their friendlies in Europe.

I trust they’ve paid for a decent seat/bed for him, so he can maybe rest during the flight back.

Celestial Empire
07-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Don't be silly.
Check the opt-outs by Liverpool, ManCity and Spurs (although that could be because nobody really wants to play for Southgate). The Germany and Brazil friendlies are now pointless, although they will both probably field youth teams.

Louis
07-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Being a former Int manager he will also know friendlies are not mandatory and he can be pulled out. Thats why its a discussion point. The rest of squad will be back early next week.
This surprised me so I did a little research … As far as I can see, Fifa say clubs have to release players for all matches including friendlies as long as they are on dates on Fifa's 'international match calendar' …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_International_Match_Calendar

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/rules-of-release-what-happens-when-its-club-v-country

https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-352250337/the-fifa-player-release-rule-critical-evaluation

As far as I can see, South Korea's match v Serbia next Tuesday is within Fifa's early November international window, so clubs do have to release players for this game.

16eagles
07-11-2017, 08:31 PM
This surprised me so I did a little research … As far as I can see, Fifa say clubs have to release players for all matches including friendlies as long as they are on dates on Fifa's 'international match calendar' …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_International_Match_Calendar

https://www.trainingground.guru/articles/rules-of-release-what-happens-when-its-club-v-country

https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-352250337/the-fifa-player-release-rule-critical-evaluation

As far as I can see, South Korea's match v Serbia next Tuesday is within Fifa's early November international window, so clubs do have to release players for this game.

Fair enough..good research mate. Serbian manager/federation must be keen to get some games against different type of opponent before Russia.

smoll
10-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Luka not in Serbian starting line-up or on bench v China. Anyone know why?

Jim Cannon
10-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Luka not in Serbian starting line-up or on bench v China. Anyone know why?

I noticed that. No idea why though

Joe.L
11-11-2017, 08:16 AM
It's a friendly maybe and the manager wants to give a few of his backup players a run out?

Gregz41
11-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Serbian manager saw a thread on cpfc.org and dropped him as per OP's request.

cybais
11-11-2017, 10:21 PM

They don't have this problem with the NFL. Wait nevermind, padded Rugby is only really played in two countries. :-)

coxswain
14-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Luka didn't play today and again was not on bench. Serbian footy tweet dated 6 days ago says he had pulled out of squad.

GreatGonzo
14-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Tadic, Matic, Kolorov, Nastasic, Tosic, Maksimovic, Fejsa and Kostic were all not in this squad but were for the game at the weekend.

All play for teams in a top flight league in Europe and are playing regularly for their club i think so he is certainly not alone in terms on not being in the squad today.

Jim Cannon
14-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Close thread

sl6 Eagle
14-11-2017, 07:47 PM
He’s pictured in training today.

16eagles
15-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Close thread

I agree..I started this thread for good reason - Especially after what happened to RLC....
I wonder if Roy did have a conversation with SerbianFA. We will never know, but either way Its good he will be 100% for massive game Saturday.