PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Slimani - Jan 18

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Rumoured here (http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-wants-leave-winter-fed-sitting-bench/) that both ourselves and Rennes are interested in bringing him in and he is determined to leave in January.

Also says Rennes do not have the money for a permanent deal, and we know we do not have the space for a loan.

Not sure he has done anything to 'prove' the fee Leicester paid so maybe we would be after a discount to buy him?

dowieslovechild
08-11-2017, 09:12 AM
No thanks. We've already taken one dud from them.

He had his chance a few seasons back.

CharlieCPFC
08-11-2017, 09:40 AM
If the fee was sensible then yes. He needs regular game time to show what he can do, I was impressed when we played them in the 1-0 defeat up there. Marco Silva has been keen on him who worked with him when he got the best out of him so there's clearly something there.

Nigelbrag
08-11-2017, 10:19 AM
There is no doubting his scoring pedigree previously but has struggled since joining, is it then a question he has Not been able to adapt to English football is the question, as Leicester are a better passing team so creating greater opportunities than Palace, yet he found it hard to adjust.
My biggest concern would be yet another "big striker" is not our priority with Benteke and Wickham returning, it needs someone who would complement eachother if we were to play Two upfront, or would mean if he joins leaving possibly TWO of the Three on the bench as i can't see Roy playing with Two big men, and there is no way can we afford to pay approx 25m for him to sit on the bench nor would he.
It would only happen if we intend selling Benteke in my opinion.

JAS78
08-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Can't see any other mid lower PL club doing business with us unless we offer ludicrous amounts of money

They'll all be looking to cut our throats I would imagine.

Kirby
08-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Unless we're planning on playing with two target men I can't see us splashing out the kind of money it'd take to bring him in.

Shipp Ahoy!
08-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Would be pretty happy with this to be honest.

Random*
08-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Can't see any other mid lower PL club doing business with us unless we offer ludicrous amounts of money

They'll all be looking to cut our throats I would imagine.

It's all ludicrous money these days.

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 11:18 AM
There is no doubting his scoring pedigree previously but has struggled since joining, is it then a question he has Not been able to adapt to English football is the question, as Leicester are a better passing team so creating greater opportunities than Palace, yet he found it hard to adjust.
My biggest concern would be yet another "big striker" is not our priority with Benteke and Wickham returning, it needs someone who would complement eachother if we were to play Two upfront, or would mean if he joins leaving possibly TWO of the Three on the bench as i can't see Roy playing with Two big men, and there is no way can we afford to pay approx 25m for him to sit on the bench nor would he.
It would only happen if we intend selling Benteke in my opinion.

Has played 1388 minutes for Leicester, equivalent to just under 15.5 games and has 7 goals an 5 assists in that time.

Can you please define how he has struggled? He has struggled to get in the team yes, but when on the pitch he has been involved in a goal on average every 115 minutes. Almost 1 a game.

AJ
08-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Rumoured here (http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-star-wants-leave-winter-fed-sitting-bench/) that both ourselves and Rennes are interested in bringing him in and he is determined to leave in January.

Also says Rennes do not have the money for a permanent deal, and we know we do not have the space for a loan.

We could send RLC back? :supergrin:

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 11:31 AM
We could send RLC back? :supergrin:

There is surely a question mark over both loans - if they are not going to be first choice, are they in areas that a key enough to accommodate one of the loans?

we have played 990 minutes so far (excluding added time) and of that the 2 loans have played:
TFM - 702 (71%) 6th most
RLC - 541 (55%) 11th most

There was a rumour that Chelsea insert into all their loan deals a clause that if they don't play a certain amount then they are recalled in Jan.

libran
08-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Is this not another target man? We've already got two.
We need a smaller skill based creative striker to offer something different

Maidstoned Eagle
08-11-2017, 11:39 AM
There was a rumour that Chelsea insert into all their loan deals a clause that if they don't play a certain amount then they are recalled in Jan.

Did they forget that when we had Remi then?

Owngoal
08-11-2017, 11:40 AM
There is surely a question mark over both loans - if they are not going to be first choice, are they in areas that a key enough to accommodate one of the loans?

we have played 990 minutes so far (excluding added time) and of that the 2 loans have played:
TFM - 702 (71%) 6th most
RLC - 541 (55%) 11th most

RLC was injured for most of the missing time while TFM is a must on the right side as Joel had a few stinkers

BillyTKid
08-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Surely this would only happen if we sell Benteke? I think we would be much better off keeping Benteke and then buying another forward who can play across a forward line. If Benteke gets injured then we have cover but more often we could use as a wide forward or as a number 10.

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Did they forget that when we had Remi then?

Sorry i should clarify - it is in young players loan deal apparently.

Remy has 4 in 5 games in La Liga ;)

Jim Cannon
08-11-2017, 01:42 PM
No thanks. We've already taken one dud from them.

He had his chance a few seasons back.

This. He must be 30 now too. If we had a loan slot free I would consider it but as we don't, it's a no from me

Maidstoned Eagle
08-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Remy has 4 in 5 games in La Liga ;)

I know.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Is this not another target man? We've already got two.
We need a smaller skill based creative striker to offer something different

Nice to see someone here seeing it the same way. We could do with a Danny Ings style player, someone who can score a few but will actually create a goal from the middle. You know, the kind of player we never buy, the kind of player we always need and the kind that would have made FDB's system work even after Wilf was injured...

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
I know.

Thought you might. Was it the 3rd he got against Malaga? :angel:

Maidstoned Eagle
08-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Thought you might. Was it the 3rd he got against Malaga? :angel:

Id stopped counting by then

mpfn
08-11-2017, 02:25 PM
I'd rather have Ulloa .

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 03:01 PM
I'd rather have Ulloa .

:eek:

Terrace Bickle
08-11-2017, 03:40 PM
I'd rather have Ulloa .
I reckon we'll get Crouch.

st albans
08-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Benteke, Slimani and Wickham? No chance. Not the sort of player we should be after

GrayP41ace
08-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Whomever we sign needs to be a player that can play alongside Benteke and instead of him. Not sure he fits the first so much.

Icy
08-11-2017, 04:17 PM
It's all ludicrous money these days.

Yup and LC will assume they are not loaning / selling to direct competition where we are concerned. With Wickham out still and fragile as glass in general we definitely need an option and Slimani looked quality for Sporting.

leicester1
08-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Hes scored in some big important games for Leicester......but I think you'll have to buy him if you want him.

Nostrils
08-11-2017, 04:59 PM
They're going to want a fair bit for him if he was 30m last year, big wages too no doubt. As SA mentioned above, similar to what we have already. We need a nippy finisher that can play out wide as well if that's at all possible.

KP'S Nuts
08-11-2017, 05:09 PM
We will need him Benteke and wickham could be constantly crocked. I'm not sure why people think we will only want one we should be looking to bring in 3 strikers after this last mess up

Nostrils
08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
We will need him Benteke and wickham could be constantly crocked. I'm not sure why people think we will only want one we should be looking to bring in 3 strikers after this last mess up

I reckon two would suffice. Somebody proven, and then one like Kieffer Moore at Rotherham. I know he's unproven and has only just started scoring, but he looks good and if the worst was to happen, he could be very good for next year.

Chris Finch
08-11-2017, 05:29 PM
overpaying too late

should have just got one of Tosun or Niasse

No striker will start ahead of Benteke unless his injured
Will be an expensive bench warmer

Nigelbrag
08-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Has played 1388 minutes for Leicester, equivalent to just under 15.5 games and has 7 goals an 5 assists in that time.

Can you please define how he has struggled? He has struggled to get in the team yes, but when on the pitch he has been involved in a goal on average every 115 minutes. Almost 1 a game.

After quite sometime at the club after having paid 29m he has still failed to cement a regular first team place in the League, surely for a reason? that is how i would define a player struggling and failing to establish himself.
Your stats of 7 goals in 15 games are impressive, but what you failed to state is they did not all come in the League, mainly as a sub and in Cup games does that not say management did not rate him as a starter for a reason, even with that impressive scoring rate you state.
Are you then saying we should sign Slimani and also keep Benteke and Wickham? so where do you see them in the team without it being unbalanced, and do you think we would be able to afford ALL THREE players hefty wages knowing possibly TWO would be on the bench, are we in a financial position as a club to be able to do so? and that was the point i was making if you read properly what i had said, i would not have objections to signing him but surely it would then mean selling CB to balance the books.

MFBias
08-11-2017, 06:25 PM
RLC was injured for most of the missing time while TFM is a must on the right side as Joel had a few stinkers

Fosu-Mensah has had some poor games recently starting, Bristol City and Tottenham.

in-exile
08-11-2017, 06:30 PM
No thanks!

glenn.f
08-11-2017, 09:00 PM
No thanks!

Like we'll be in a position to be choosy. Face it we are desperate and likely to get our pants pulled down big time.

GreatGonzo
08-11-2017, 09:25 PM
After quite sometime at the club after having paid 29m he has still failed to cement a regular first team place in the League, surely for a reason? that is how i would define a player struggling and failing to establish himself.
Your stats of 7 goals in 15 games are impressive, but what you failed to state is they did not all come in the League, mainly as a sub and in Cup games does that not say management did not rate him as a starter for a reason, even with that impressive scoring rate you state.
Are you then saying we should sign Slimani and also keep Benteke and Wickham? so where do you see them in the team without it being unbalanced, and do you think we would be able to afford ALL THREE players hefty wages knowing possibly TWO would be on the bench, are we in a financial position as a club to be able to do so? and that was the point i was making if you read properly what i had said, i would not have objections to signing him but surely it would then mean selling CB to balance the books.

PMSL

Go check - they were all in the league!

I am simply saying that when he has been on the pitch in the PL he has been highly effective.

eagle-leg
09-11-2017, 08:25 AM
I think Slimani would be a better fit for us than Benteke as it goes. He is a far more mobile striker as we have seen from his performances for Algeria.

DARZET EAGLE
09-11-2017, 12:06 PM
I think Slimani would be a better fit for us than Benteke as it goes. He is a far more mobile striker as we have seen from his performances for Algeria.

I think Chelsea disagree, if the rumours are to be believed.

TheCharmer1
10-11-2017, 08:19 AM
there's no way we'll spend that much on one player in jan

eagle-leg
10-11-2017, 08:27 AM
I think Chelsea disagree, if the rumours are to be believed.

I didnt say that slimani is a better striker than benteke; but i do think he suits our style of play better.

Slimani will close down opposition defences and will work the channels.

Annoyingly with benteke, we just have a tensency to go direct to him.

red&blue_moomin
12-11-2017, 01:20 PM

He's not getting past vardy or oziacki. Leicester actually have a very good strike force I think. The issue we have is cw is coming back from a year out he probably won't be back to speed until after the summer. We need 3 number 9s. One in the team, one on the bench and one as cover/rotational, that would be conner as he will need easing in.

If we got either ulloa or Slimani I wouldn't be unhappy.

CharlieCPFC
12-11-2017, 01:46 PM
He's not getting past vardy or oziacki. Leicester actually have a very good strike force I think. The issue we have is cw is coming back from a year out he probably won't be back to speed until after the summer. We need 3 number 9s. One in the team, one on the bench and one as cover/rotational, that would be conner as he will need easing in.

If we got either ulloa or Slimani I wouldn't be unhappy.

Don't forget Ihenachao

Stavros 69
12-11-2017, 03:27 PM
He'd be decent back up, he's also got something to prove

exiledeagle
12-11-2017, 07:23 PM
didn't they recently turn down 28m for him and hasn't he been injured a fair bit for Leicester ?