PDA

View Full Version : Everton (A) Saturday 10th February 3pm

cpfc4evandeva
24-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Am I correct in thinking this one is set in stone now? I hope so - I can't remember the last time we were at Goodison on a Saturday at 3pm...

If so, when do we expect the cheaper train fares to be available? I've just had a look and they seem jolly expensive.

Oli28
24-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Definitely 3pm. I can't imagine any cheaper fares coming up given it's only about six weeks away now. Generally the best bet is to split the journey up somewhere along the way (I.e Crewe).

Worksop Palace
24-12-2017, 10:51 AM
You can get to KX up to retford for about £25. Retford through to Sheff and then Sheff to Lpool. Probs cost £50 total. Take you half a day mind

Woosie
24-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Definitely 3pm. I can't imagine any cheaper fares coming up given it's only about six weeks away now. Generally the best bet is to split the journey up somewhere along the way (I.e Crewe).

All the advance fares were taken up the day the TV fixtures were confirmed.

I had a look at Crewe but that's still fairly pricey. Could try doing it via Birmingham - even go up on Chiltern to Birmingham to make it cheaper.

NYEagle
02-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Any idea when the Everton tickets go on sale? I have booked flights back for me and my son and want to make sure we get tickets - I think we get a good amount of tickets for this game so tickets should be ok.

pgw152
03-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Driving from East Midlands Airport to Liverpool (possibly dipping in to Derby briefly) if anyone would like a lift.

orp pisshead1
04-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Any idea when the Everton tickets go on sale? I have booked flights back for me and my son and want to make sure we get tickets - I think we get a good amount of tickets for this game so tickets should be ok.

Think we get at least 2k+ and am sure itís 3k. Favourite other premier league ground enjoy:p. Boozers are ok up there too. Canít remember any names though:D. Thereís one near the gladyce (sp) street end that letís away fans in.

Palace_Akie
12-01-2018, 08:05 AM
The Ship & Mitre is a good pub near the train station in the city centre for away fans.

EddieEdwards
12-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Adults £30
Seniors (65+) £23
Juniors (Under 18) £18

Friday 12th Jan 10am - Away ST holders
Tuesday 16th Jan 10am - ST holders and members with 2500+ points
Wednesday 17th Jan 10am - ST holders
Thursday 18th Jan 10am - ST holders and members
Monday 22nd Jan 10am - two per member

Coach travel £27 departing 7:30am

wrightchipvcfc
12-01-2018, 11:16 AM

Don't think it's ever been sold out since we got promoted always been empty seats think bottom bit holds 1700 I've only been in bottom bit so not sure if we have had next tier which would take allocation to 3000.only thing is they nearly all been at night or strange day one got called off late so sat 3 pm could make a difference.

Dorking .Eagle
13-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Thought it might be helpful to fans by describing the various seat options in the away section, as there are a lot of seats which are obstructed views.

Just looking at it now on the ticketing site (away s/t phase)

Currently available are blocks LV1, LV2, LV3 and LV4

LV3 and LV4 are unobstructed plastic seats at the very front, LV4 being furthest across (see seating plan below)

These are rows 3-13.

Almost all of Rows 7-13 of LV4 have been 'greyed out' (172 seats). Might be noisy there!

http://footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/userpix/597_EVERTON_PLAN_1.jpg
http://footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/userpix/597_FULHAM_AT_EVERTON_1.jpg

LV1 and LV2 are the wooden seats at the back of the lower tier. These seats are affected by pillars (see photo below)

These are rows A (front) to Q (back)
The very lowest seat number in the away bit is 1, which is beyond the corner flag. In LV4, the furthest seat across is seat number 67. In LV2 (wooden seats) you can be as far across as seat 97)

Seats towards the very back of LV1 and LV2 are particularly poor as they are not just obstructed by the pillars but also by the low ceiling at the back

The seats available so far total circa 1700.

Will be interesting if the Upper Tier blocks (UV1 and UV2) become available. Although there are pillars, these give a good elevated view, and aren't usually made available as we usually only play there at night games and don't need more than 1700.

With it being a Saturday at 3pm maybe we will take a good number of fans this time?

orp pisshead1
13-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Don't think it's ever been sold out since we got promoted always been empty seats think bottom bit holds 1700 I've only been in bottom bit so not sure if we have had next tier which would take allocation to 3000.only thing is they nearly all been at night or strange day one got called off late so sat 3 pm could make a difference.

Very true ,remember going up there on a Sunday under Dowie think we took 1,500 ish which isnít too bad and think it was 13.30 or 14.00 ko.
Be great to take full allocation and sell out .

jjeagle
13-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Thank you Dorking, very helpful post.:p

wrightchipvcfc
13-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Very true ,remember going up there on a Sunday under Dowie think we took 1,500 ish which isnít too bad and think it was 13.30 or 14.00 ko.
Be great to take full allocation and sell out .

Yer remember that one it was grand national day before quite a few of us palace had been James Vaughn become youngest scorer I think that day.

palace910
14-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Just checked the Everton site and it seems as if the blocks above the away end, in the upper tier, are available for home purchases.

Meaning we have only taken the 1,700 tickets.

https://tickets.evertonfc.com/selection/event/seat?perfId=101136322037&choiceSelectionDone=true&productId=101132654916

JAS78
14-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Finally Everton away on a Saturday, might do this one as I’ve never been

NorthernEagle80
14-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Local one for me, 😜 just waiting for the tickets to go on sale. I've been offered a ticket in a box but would rather be with you reprobates, 😂.

New LP
14-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Just checked the Everton site and it seems as if the blocks above the away end, in the upper tier, are available for home purchases.

Meaning we have only taken the 1,700 tickets.

https://tickets.evertonfc.com/selection/event/seat?perfId=101136322037&choiceSelectionDone=true&productId=101132654916

Same old shit from the club then.

Pathetic.

Oli28
14-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Given it's our first Saturday game at Everton in about 20 years I'd have thought we could sell most of a 3000 allocation now we're on a good run

New LP
14-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Given it's our first Saturday game at Everton in about 20 years I'd have thought we could sell most of a 3000 allocation now we're on a good run

The club saving an insignificantly small amount of money on returns is more important than that though clearly. Same old.

CPFC_AwayDays
15-01-2018, 01:28 AM

Pathetic.

How many away games have we actually sold out this season?

New LP
15-01-2018, 08:01 AM

I donít understand the relevance of your question.

Maybe we wouldnít sell this one out, the full 3000. But we could have taken a lot more than the 1700 we are now limited to. It was the same with Newcastle earlier in the season.

laboxers
15-01-2018, 09:45 AM
I'll be able to buy on Wednesday, we shouldn't be sold out by then right?

CPFC_AwayDays
15-01-2018, 12:43 PM
I donít understand the relevance of your question.

Maybe we wouldnít sell this one out, the full 3000. But we could have taken a lot more than the 1700 we are now limited to. It was the same with Newcastle earlier in the season.

My point is people on here over estimate our away support for any game outside of London, everyone who wants a ticket for this will get one

FourtyTwo
15-01-2018, 01:51 PM
The Ship & Mitre is a good pub near the train station in the city centre for away fans.

Just to check, I thought it was a pub mainly frequented by Everton fans, and as such was a good one for Liverpool matches?

Could be completely wrong though!

New LP
15-01-2018, 01:57 PM
My point is people on here over estimate our away support for any game outside of London, everyone who wants a ticket for this will get one

But this isnít true. More than 1700 people would have attended this game if they were able to. Iíd imagine well over that. The same happened with Newcastle earlier in the season which Ďsold outí 2 weeks beforehand even though weíd taken a reduced allocation.

Mallard
15-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Not aware of The Ship and Mitre having any great association with Everton.

However the Thomas Rigby up the road does. Never been in on a match day to know if this would be an issue for us.

Just to check, I thought it was a pub mainly frequented by Everton fans, and as such was a good one for Liverpool matches?

Billyd
15-01-2018, 02:02 PM

I think any Tom Dick and Harry know if we took the full allocation and right away put on general sale we would sell a lot more tickets. In the meantime also keep a lot more people happy (easier to sit together and book trains etc).

The whole process of selling for these away games really needs looking at.

Ooh Betty
15-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I think any Tom Dick and Harry know if we took the full allocation and right away put on general sale we would sell a lot more tickets. In the meantime also keep a lot more people happy (easier to sit together and book trains etc).

Agreed. A total farce.

Palace_Akie
15-01-2018, 03:01 PM

You might be right.

Ive been a few times on Palace aways but cant remember specifically for which games. The last two times have both been Liverpool away this season and the win at the end of last year.

Palace_Akie
15-01-2018, 03:02 PM
But this isn’t true. More than 1700 people would have attended this game if they were able to. I’d imagine well over that. The same happened with Newcastle earlier in the season which ‘sold out’ 2 weeks beforehand even though we’d taken a reduced allocation.

General felt we took over 1,000 the last two trips to Goodison which were Monday night and Friday night which were both pretty inconvenient so the potential is high for a Saturday especially as were playing well at the moment.

Agree the selling phases including points should be reserved for games where we know demand will outstrip supply (Bournemouth, Brighton and the London clubs).

ebyeeckeagle
15-01-2018, 03:08 PM

Yep. For the non-London matches (or at least most) there doesn't need to be this elaborate point system and phases. Priority to high points (should be based on away matches attended but that's an old debate), then just everyone. Also, why can't we agree with the home club to hold off on selling those tickets till we know our numbers a bit better?

New LP
15-01-2018, 04:14 PM
General felt we took over 1,000 the last two trips to Goodison which were Monday night and Friday night which were both pretty inconvenient so the potential is high for a Saturday especially as were playing well at the moment.

Agree the selling phases including points should be reserved for games where we know demand will outstrip supply (Bournemouth, Brighton and the London clubs).

The insistence on enforcing loyalty points and limits per person for away games which are unlikely to sell out is of course another issue.

And you are right, this is the first chance for people to make it to Goodison one of Englandís famous old grounds. Plus itís a key much and we are going well now, so I would imagine 500+ fans will have missed out here.

Oli28
15-01-2018, 06:00 PM

Absolutely. Couple of days maybe for season ticket holders etc. to sort themselves out, then stick the whole thing on general sale I say.

speagle
15-01-2018, 08:10 PM

Not sure that's a good idea. You'd end up with a scramble for tickets at a particular time. I hate that, especially when you're not able to be ready to pounce when they go on sale. Perhaps when it's a large allocation you sell in fewer stages.

Chillo
15-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Pathetic.

^^^ this

EddieEdwards
16-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Now on sale to ST holders and members with 2500+ points. Exact seat selection is currently available.

IanH
16-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Now on sale to ST holders and members with 2500+ points. Exact seat selection is currently available.

Online the best block (LV4) appears to have sold out already:eek:

Dorking .Eagle
16-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Exact seat selection is currently available.

:)

The back half of that block was greyed out (reserved) before it even went on sale to away S/T's (expect it to be noisy) ;)

Nelson Muntz
16-01-2018, 10:40 AM

I can buy LV4 but only as high as row 4 at the moment.

ebyeeckeagle
16-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to thanking BFS for all his efforts for us - the fat lying wanker.

epsomdownseagle
16-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Thought it might be helpful to fans by describing the various seat options in the away section, as there are a lot of seats which are obstructed views.

Just looking at it now on the ticketing site (away s/t phase)

Currently available are blocks LV1, LV2, LV3 and LV4

LV3 and LV4 are unobstructed plastic seats at the very front, LV4 being furthest across (see seating plan below)

These are rows 3-13.

Almost all of Rows 7-13 of LV4 have been 'greyed out' (172 seats). Might be noisy there!

http://footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/userpix/597_EVERTON_PLAN_1.jpg
http://footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/userpix/597_FULHAM_AT_EVERTON_1.jpg

LV1 and LV2 are the wooden seats at the back of the lower tier. These seats are affected by pillars (see photo below)

These are rows A (front) to Q (back)
The very lowest seat number in the away bit is 1, which is beyond the corner flag. In LV4, the furthest seat across is seat number 67. In LV2 (wooden seats) you can be as far across as seat 97)

Seats towards the very back of LV1 and LV2 are particularly poor as they are not just obstructed by the pillars but also by the low ceiling at the back

The seats available so far total circa 1700.

Will be interesting if the Upper Tier blocks (UV1 and UV2) become available. Although there are pillars, these give a good elevated view, and aren't usually made available as we usually only play there at night games and don't need more than 1700.

With it being a Saturday at 3pm maybe we will take a good number of fans this time?

Why are rows 7-13 in LV4 greyed out, are they not available for sale???

ebyeeckeagle
16-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Why are rows 7-13 in LV4 greyed out, are they not available for sale???

Not so much grey, as black.

Dorking .Eagle
16-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Not so much grey, as black.

:D

JAS78
16-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Have decided to swerve this one, £390 on trains and tickets for 3 of us to go before we’ve bought a 9am beer

Possibly a reason why the club took a lower allocation.

EddieEdwards
18-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Now open to all ST holders and members. Still some Paddock seats available in LV3.

FourtyTwo
18-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Yup - got mine this morning!

Joe.L
20-01-2018, 12:40 PM
About to buy tickets, can have LV1 row L or LV2 row O. Going by the earlier post from Dorking neither view is great but that's my fault for leaving it too long I guess. Anyone with good knowledge of the stand know which would be the better bearing in mind I'm bringing my 12 yr old?

Oli28
20-01-2018, 12:55 PM
One is four rows in front of the other.

Have you looked for any in the paddock? I.e section 3 or 4. They're right at the front.

Woosie
20-01-2018, 01:13 PM
The ticket website is only allowing me to log in two ways, what happened to the option to use your address? Seems to be accurate with points etc though, but never used to be.

Chillo
20-01-2018, 02:11 PM
The ticket website is only allowing me to log in two ways, what happened to the option to use your address? Seems to be accurate with points etc though, but never used to be.

It's been removed; just like that.

You'll need to contact the box office to set you up with a password.

Joe.L
20-01-2018, 05:32 PM
One is four rows in front of the other.

Have you looked for any in the paddock? I.e section 3 or 4. They're right at the front.

None showing for the paddock. I'm guessing they are sold out but maybe there are more to be loaded

EddieEdwards
20-01-2018, 09:21 PM
In LV2 you're looking across the penalty area or the goal line, in LV1 you're beyond the end of the pitch. If the row numbers are similar then I think most people would say LV2 is slightly better. Paddock seats are probably all gone now.

EddieEdwards
22-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Two per member now available.

Payney
23-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Payday... :)

2 tickets and the train sorted. First time to Everton, Just one of those grounds I have never made it to.

bodger
23-01-2018, 02:33 PM

2 tickets and the train sorted. First time to Everton, Just one of those grounds I have never made it to.

Its a bit like our dump.

IanH
23-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Its a bit like our dump.

It's a proper old style football ground with pillars blocking your view and everything! I love it :p

Payney
23-01-2018, 03:18 PM
It's a proper old style football ground with pillars blocking your view and everything! I love it :p

Exactly what I was expecting :D

Will be good to give it a visit, If things go pear shaped this season it could be our last time playing there.

ebyeeckeagle
23-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Its a bit like our dump.

Its a bigger grander sort of dump.

Joe.L
23-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Heads up for anyone looking to go who doesn't already have tickets, assuming the 'choose seats' option on the website is accurate there are no more than a handful left.

EddieEdwards
23-01-2018, 07:32 PM
They've now made some restricted view seats available which are £1 :eek: cheaper. There are still a small number of non-restricted available.

jjeagle
24-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Just popped into the box office and asked to swap my front row seat for one of the others still available further back. Front of shop staff all said that should be fine. One of them went into back office but the "manager" said no! :grrr::grrr: Surely requires just a small bit of admin to change? First time l've ever had any real issue with the box office. It better not piss down :veryangry

Rant over!

ebyeeckeagle
24-01-2018, 02:03 PM
They've now made some restricted view seats available which are £1 :eek: cheaper. There are still a small number of non-restricted available.

Over 2 weeks to go. Great decision by the club to take a reduced allocation :jerkit:

EddieEdwards
24-01-2018, 03:28 PM
A few good Paddock seats in LV4 have become available.

thehound
25-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Just popped into the box office and asked to swap my front row seat for one of the others still available further back. Front of shop staff all said that should be fine. One of them went into back office but the "manager" said no! :grrr::grrr: Surely requires just a small bit of admin to change? First time l've ever had any real issue with the box office. It better not piss down :veryangry

Rant over!

Did you speak to the manager to ask why?

jjeagle
25-01-2018, 06:10 AM
Did you speak to the manager to ask why?
No but l did ask why he said no. l was told it's in the T & C's when buying a ticket.

Mad Raschic Ken
26-01-2018, 08:18 AM
No but l did ask why he said no. l was told it's in the T & C's when buying a ticket.

Pretty much the worst response. Not really the right position for a jobsworth.

bodger
26-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Makes no odds you just stand where you want

sherstonpalace
26-01-2018, 12:09 PM

Maybe try again. Last season when I found I had a lousy seat at Anfield the box office was very good and changed it with no questions asked.

Nth Kent Eagle
26-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Does it matter at Palace away games these days? Once the game start lots of people move to the back to be with their mates and stand two to a seat and in the aisles. This always frees up seats nearer to the front.

Chillo
26-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Does it matter at Palace away games these days? Once the game start lots of people move to the back to be with their mates and stand two to a seat and in the aisles. This always frees up seats nearer to the front.

I guess Everton is a bit different because of the different stands and the pillars.

bodger
26-01-2018, 02:17 PM
I guess Everton is a bit different because of the different stands and the pillars.

Nope its the same.

Martinsleftpeg
26-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Nope its the same.

But better than the soulless pits elsewhere now

Woosie
02-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Only restricted view tickets left

Chillo
02-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Nope its the same.

Well given the letter box view from the back of the stand, I'd be surprised if many decided to move to the back; awful view from there.

orp pisshead1
04-02-2018, 01:49 AM

Best ground in division after SP:p

New LP
04-02-2018, 04:57 AM
Makes no odds you just stand where you want

And expect to be told to move if you try and nick someone elseís seat. No doubt because your seat is shit.

SussexRed&Blue
04-02-2018, 05:24 AM
Everyone who is going enjoy it one of the top trips in the Premier League and nice people!

Let's get the show on the road and win against BFS at Goodison!

bodger
04-02-2018, 10:11 AM
And expect to be told to move if you try and nick someone elseís seat. No doubt because your seat is shit.

Had no problems last two games the keyboard warriors will be at home on the lap tops the normal away fans will find a place to stand that upsets nobody. Lets hope we get the same result two great wins no trouble.

newish eagle
04-02-2018, 06:12 PM
What’s the chance of a non-restricted view return coming up this week? Have mailed the box office.

Mictor Voses
04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Thinking of going to this one now. Does anyone know what "restricted view" means?

NorthernEagle80
04-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Thinking of going to this one now. Does anyone know what "restricted view" means?

Similar to Arthur in that it has posts and an overhanging roof that cuts off some of the view at the back of the stand.

BERT'S HEAD
04-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Whatís the chance of a non-restricted view return coming up this week? Have mailed the box office.

Bad news I'm afraid - you can't get a ticket now till you're in the ground - it's in the post.

Mictor Voses
04-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Bad news I'm afraid - you can't get a ticket now till you're in the ground - it's in the post.

Eh? Are tickets still available or not? I can't buy any online.

EddieEdwards
04-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Thinking of going to this one now. Does anyone know what "restricted view" means?It means there'll be a pillar directly obscuring the view of one of the goals.

newish eagle
04-02-2018, 09:20 PM
It means there'll be a pillar directly obscuring the view of one of the goals.
Thanks EE.

That feels pretty restricted! Bit of a liberty that they are still charging £29 if that’s the view you have.

I’ve been in the second back last row at Anfield, but you could still see both goals through the letterbox.

EddieEdwards
04-02-2018, 09:36 PM
See picture posted by Dorking on the first page of this thread to get more of an idea of what the pillars are like. Even if there is one directly in line with one of the goals you can probably see most of what's going on with a bit of swaying about. :)

Big Gav
04-02-2018, 10:51 PM
Just bought 2 tickets restricted view. As no game for 2 weeks after I can't go that long without my Palace fix :)

viking's no1
04-02-2018, 11:41 PM

It means you push in a row where you can see and just stand with everyone else who did that - at least that's what happened when we won 3-2. Enough standing to get 2 rows in a row.

EddieEdwards
05-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Whatís the chance of a non-restricted view return coming up this week? Have mailed the box office.Looks like there are a couple of non-restricted Paddock seats currently available in LV3.

IanH
05-02-2018, 12:52 PM
When we won at Liverpool under BFS last year the aisles were completely packed with people as everyone had vacated the last 2 rows (where you can't really see anything) to stand in the aisles further down. The stewards just let them. The back two rows were pretty much empty.

newish eagle
05-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Looks like there are a couple of non-restricted Paddock seats currently available in LV3.
Thanks so much EE! Top man!

Got one!

EddieEdwards
06-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Some more non-restricted Paddock seats are now available in LV4.

elgin eagle
06-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone is driving up from East Anglia/Colchester area is there? I've bought 10 litres of polish wax on ebay and the bloke doesn't want to post it because of 'restrictions'. Will pay you in beer.

ebyeeckeagle
06-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone is driving up from East Anglia/Colchester area is there? I've bought 10 litres of polish wax on ebay and the bloke doesn't want to post it because of 'restrictions'. Will pay you in beer.

Can't you get decent Russian wax these days?

elgin eagle
06-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Can't you get decent Russian wax these days?

Nah Polish is better apparently. Although anywhere in Eastern Europe like Colchester is good.