PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket deadline extended

Andrewball
11-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I have just spoken to the box office who advise me that the March 15 deadline for maximum discount on season ticket purchases is to be extended.

They do not know until when but there is allegedly an anouncement in tonights match programme.

This is as a result of a delay in posting details to all season ticket holders...... only at CPFC

Skin Up
11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Hurrah!

mark ambler
11-03-2003, 04:30 PM
good, only got my application yesterday night. Was this the same for everyone??

as216
11-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Thought they originally said that there wasn't going to be one because they were available online for so long.

elgin eagle
11-03-2003, 04:33 PM
I heard the club are trying for a 2nd United Nations resolution

Wedgy
11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
couldn't see that coming :o

Andrewball
11-03-2003, 04:37 PM
My call to the box office was prompted by the non appearance of any renewal information. Are the club so confident that all season ticket holders will buy again they have't got round to sending them out to everyone or are they just disorganised?

James
11-03-2003, 04:37 PM
... and I have heard that the take-up of Season Tickets is awful this year - so the extension doesn't surprise me. If the Club can't shift tickets at the discounted price, there wouldn't be much chance of selling them at the higher prices.

A good win tonight and a few more people might be tempted to part with their cash. Here's hoping.

Dave
11-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by James
... and I have heard that the take-up of Season Tickets is awful this year - so the extension doesn't surprise me. If the Club can't shift tickets at the discounted price, there wouldn't be much chance of selling them at the higher prices.

A good win tonight and a few more people might be tempted to part with their cash. Here's hoping.

wasn't it you urging fans on another thread to not buy their season tickets until Simon resigned and guranteed premiership football next year ;)

Beanie
11-03-2003, 04:43 PM
I spoke to the Box Office a week or so ago as my stuff hadn't arrived.

Very pleasent lady, very apologetic said that there were two reasons for delay - the Leeds and Liverpool matches had put everything a couple of weeks behind, which does seem possible, and the on-line take up has been greater than expected meaning that the old fashioned postal version has suffered. She promised me a brouchure by the end of last week - it arrived Friday.

Sent an e-mail friday evening followed up with call Monday and an equally nice gentleman informed me that all e-mails will be followed up as promised, but there are too many and that the low prices would be extended as long as the order had been placed by 15th.

No commnet from me here - just info.

East-End Eagle
11-03-2003, 04:53 PM

I think you may be reading too much into this. Surely the take-up is so low so far is simply due to the fact that most of us only recieved our brochures at the weekend and therefore did not have all the information on dates/prices etc to hand.

Most people tend to renew (maybe simply through habit!), give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure the number of sales will have risen dramitcally.

Coulsdon Eagle
11-03-2003, 05:07 PM
I'd welcome a longer period to re-new, i will re-new my tickets, but having just forked 5500 out for my tax bill and 1250 for my van insurance, i am a bit light in the wallet at present. I know Mrs Coulsdon is ready to give me an earbashing when i re-new. 'Not another year of moaning?, what a waste of money,'
yeah, yeah!

Justin
11-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I estimate that the number of season ticket holders next year will be something like 20% lower and yet we will be told record numbers have bought one.

arussell
12-03-2003, 01:20 AM
... and I have heard that the take-up of Season Tickets is awful this year

I wouldn't read anything into that James. As per last year, a fair number of people I've spoken to have every intention of renewing, but just aren't too bothered about the early discount.

And I already know two mates who are returning to Palace with season tickets next year, for the first time since the play off win !

EddieEdwards
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm sure most of you know this by now but it was confirmed in SJ's Ipswich program notes that the deadline for maximum discount on season tickets has been extended by one week to Saturday 22nd March.

SJ stated that the delay in sending out renewal forms was due not to incompetence but to the fact that, in the current financial climate, the club had great difficulty sorting out the arrangements for people to pay for their season tickets in instalments. The credit companies didn't want to take the risk and apparently SJ had to underwrite the terms personally in the end.

Judge 400 Years
14-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Got a tip from the Palace switchboard - when phoning the box Office and it asks you to press 1 for Palace and 2 for some other team - press 1 twice and you miss all the crap that follows.