PDA

View Full Version : Man City in UEFA Cup next year...

daz_eagle
02-06-2003, 04:35 PM
coz they were top of the Fair Play tables. What a load of crap! I think it's a ridiculous way to go about things, you should earn european football through results, not backing out of tackles and being good boys! Bunch of arseholes running this game I tell thee! :grrr:

Also, I think the penalty area should be a more rounded shape, coz a fould on the very corner is so far away from the penalty spot it's hardly warranting of a penalty kick! anyone agree?

El Aguila
02-06-2003, 04:38 PM
What on earth is your avatar?
Oh, agree with your second point but not your first.

greybot
02-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila

Well it made me laugh out loud.
:clown: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Geezer
02-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
Oh, agree with your second point but not your first.

Looks like the lad out of monkey island. Oh and I'm sure Keegan said something about it not being right either.

Brett
02-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Seems fair enough to me. Did you begrudge Ipswich being in the UEFA Cup last season on account of being top of the fair play league?

I'm sure you'll also cry foul play if we ever manage to get promoted and top the fair play league.

Oz_da_Eagle
02-06-2003, 05:00 PM
It's ridiculous.

Might as well give it to the club who make the best cheeseburgers or serve the quickest beer. Wonder where Palace would come in that list

El Aguila
02-06-2003, 05:04 PM
They are trying to encourage teams to play clean football. It's a good thing.

Brett
02-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Oz_da_Eagle
It's ridiculous.

Might as well give it to the club who make the best cheeseburgers or serve the quickest beer. Wonder where Palace would come in that list

Or the club who have most Australian fans talking from their arse? ;)

ElwissAtMemphis
02-06-2003, 05:17 PM
But they weren't even top of our Fair Play League. Chelsea, Arsenal (incredibly) and another side that had already qualified for Europe were above them.

They've qualified for being slightly less dirty than an average dirty side. It's hardly a ringing endorsement for Fair Play is it ?

Oz_da_Eagle
02-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Or the club who have most Australian fans talking from their arse? ;)

We'd probably be third behind Leeds and Man United. As Man United are already in Champs League, Leeds would therefore qualify for Europe.

c_block_lad
02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
I doubt we would be complaining if we got to the Uefa Cup via fair-play league!

a.stew
02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
I doubt we would be complaining if we got to the Uefa Cup via fair-play league!

u no it :p

Twyford Bee
02-06-2003, 08:38 PM
I'd rather it went to a fair play team than whoever comes 7th in the Premiership, or whatever it would be.

Gooders
03-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Guybrush Threepwood, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and rather than start a new thread, I hear that it's likely to be confirmed later today that able Seaman will be retiring to that well-known rest-home for ex-goalkeepers that is Manchester City.

Sunny Fan
03-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Fair play to them