PDA

View Full Version : watching football in Shanghai

paston
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm off to Shanghai in a couple of weeks, and I was hoping to catch some football.

Shanghai Zhongyuan Huili are playing the day after I arrive, and I believe that Fan is still playing for them (he's listed in the squad on their web site anyway).

I was wondering if any other members have ever tried watching a match in China?? and what the ticketing situation is? My girlfriend can read Chinese, but even she can't find much information on the web.

Seeing as the Shanghai stadiem seats 80,000 I was hoping I could just turn up on the day, but with a population of 16 million, I'm guessing I may have some competition for tickets.

rubarbster
08-11-2003, 09:14 PM
well i'm chinese but ive never watched a match in china. However it is a very popular sport there now for the rich mainly though. i don't think it should be too hard for you to get tickets on the day (80,000 is a hughe capacity). just go along and see if you can get a ticket on the day but be prepared to see football of a lesser quality to that of palace!

WorthingEagle
08-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by rubarbster
but be prepared to see football of a lesser quality to that of palace!

:eek: :eek:

are you sure!!?

paston
09-11-2003, 02:24 PM
thanks for the advice. I give it a go, and report back on the state of chinese footie.