PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich Travel guide


RtS
27-12-2003, 02:24 PM
I think that Lightweight may be away, if so, help required for a first time visitor to Portman Road.
Where is the ground?
Where can I park?
Where can I drink?
I want my mummy?
.....er ...*****ub that last one. Any and all help appreciated.
Thanks

Stavros 69
27-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I just want to know if i can buy tickets on the door, where is last years travel guide ??
There are hardly any trains this year as well :veryangry

Benzhiyi
27-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Stav, the Forest programme says:

"This match is NOT all ticket but you are advised to book in advance."

Kick off 3pm.

Prices:
Juniors 8
Concessions 16
Adults and Uglygiannibots 23

See you there, shamon.

RTS, we're drinking in the Drum and Monkey. Not sure where it is but will PM you my mobile number in case you get stuck as I'll be following Skin Up. Is Ruskin still going with you?

Stavros 69
27-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Stav, the Forest programme says:

"This match is NOT all ticket but you are advised to book in advance."

Kick off 3pm.

Prices:
Juniors 8
Concessions 16
Adults and Uglygiannibots 23

See you there, shamon.

RTS, we're drinking in the Drum and Monkey. Not sure where it is but will PM you my mobile number in case you get stuck as I'll be following Skin Up. Is Ruskin still going with you?

Well i am and Uglyconcession Shamon
Will text you en route
how long you hanging about after ??

Does anyone know how far the station is away from the ground, you know what i'm saying right !!!:afro:

Benzhiyi
27-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Never been to Portman Road, but been through the station on route to Ipswich and looks as if the ground is pretty much next door.

We'll be getting there about 1 and prob staying til about 7ish. It's your round too, so I look forward to seeing you Timothy!! ;) :D

Stavros 69
27-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Never been to Portman Road, but been through the station on route to Ipswich and looks as if the ground is pretty much next door.

We'll be getting there about 1 and prob staying til about 7ish. It's your round too, so I look forward to seeing you Timothy!! ;) :D

You wish son i had to buy and do a runner last time so in fact its Neils round. There is only 1 train there and back tomorrow so i'll be there from 2 ish and have to do a bunk around 6.45 ish.
See you tomorrow Benny and dont make me show around the text you sent me yesterday

;)

delboy01
27-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Here's a good link. Enjoy yourselfs tomorrow and remember it's not a Palace away game unless you are 3 parts p1ssed bfore the game!:p

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/ipswich.htm

Trilby
27-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Whats the difference between junior and concession? Does an NUS card constitute a concession?

RtS
27-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks Benzhiyi. Check pms. Good link Delboy.:p
See you there!

Benzhiyi
27-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Trilby
Whats the difference between junior and concession? Does an NUS card constitute a concession?

Concessions = OAPs.

Just checked the tickets and the Concessions are for SENIOR CITIZENS ONLY - so Trilby and Stav, you better fish out 23 quid.

Trilby
27-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh fiddlesticks.

Skin Up
27-12-2003, 04:59 PM
23 notes! thats almost as much as Stav pays for his haircuts.

Ruskin Old Boy
27-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi


RTS, we're drinking in the Drum and Monkey. Not sure where it is but will PM you my mobile number in case you get stuck as I'll be following Skin Up. Is Ruskin still going with you?

Sorry I won't be joining you guys - I'm a guest in the Director's Box:o - my host's last guest was a Norwich MP so I'm hoping my host will be suitably embarrassed again tomorrow.

Trilby
27-12-2003, 07:49 PM
How long does it roughly take to drive to Ipswich?

RtS
27-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Sorry I won't be joining you guys - I'm a guest in the Director's Box:o - my host's last guest was a Norwich MP so I'm hoping my host will be suitably embarrassed again tomorrow.

Listen out for "Ruskin, Ruskin, give us a wave,
Ruskin, give us a wave."
and
"Ruskin, is a Palace fan
"Ruskin is a Palace fan" etc

Skin Up
27-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Drum and Monkey is opposite the away end, you can't miss it.

Always been the main Palace pub in my previous visits to the shires.

BaldEagle96
27-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by RtS
Listen out for "Ruskin, Ruskin, give us a wave,
Ruskin, give us a wave."
and
"Ruskin, is a Palace fan
"Ruskin is a Palace fan" etc

You start it and we will sing it!! :D

Steve H
28-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Trilby
How long does it roughly take to drive to Ipswich?

From Croydon, about an hour and a half IIRC

From Southampton, no idea!!

Benzhiyi
28-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Just heading off now, 11.30 train from Liverpool Street.

See you all there!

EAGLES! :)

lightweight
29-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by RtS
I think that Lightweight may be away, if so, help required for a first time visitor to Portman Road.


yep - I was away over the christmas period and was too busy before hand to get any up to date info posted up.

If ever anyone wants general info there is a travel link (http://travel.cpfc.org/) on the header of the bbs with all the previous guides on it for your perusal

RtS
29-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by lightweight
yep - I was away over the christmas period and was too busy before hand to get any up to date info posted up.

If ever anyone wants general info there is a travel link (http://travel.cpfc.org/) on the header of the bbs with all the previous guides on it for your perusal

Absolutely no criticism intended or implied. Tried the link for previous guides but couldn't find an Ipswich one. Del boy posted a useful link which sufficed but I arrived too late to link up with Benzihyi and SkinUp.
Spent ages stuck in a multi storey after the game but apart from that it was all brilliant!

lightweight
29-12-2003, 03:51 PM
You're right RTS - I can't see an Ipswich one there either! Must have slipped up for that one too!!!