PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Spuz

Pidster
30-12-2003, 11:00 AM
On a one of my previous visits to Spuz, I caught a train from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane . The journey time is only 21 minutes and they run every 15 minutes.

Is there a gotcha that I don't know/can't remember?

Daniel_Nash
30-12-2003, 12:30 PM
No, that's it.

Liverpool St to WHL, usually platform 4 or 5.

If you're coming from Victoria, it's the Victoria Line Northbound to Seven Sisters, then either a bit of a walk. Or platform 2 for 1 stop.

Pidster
30-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
No, that's it.

Liverpool St to WHL, usually platform 4 or 5.

If you're coming from Victoria, it's the Victoria Line Northbound to Seven Sisters, then either a bit of a walk. Or platform 2 for 1 stop.

Thank you young man. Presumably you'll be in the Paxton Road End?

Daniel_Nash
30-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Nope, my ticket was bought in the South Stand. Chrissie Pressie.

I have to do that Seven Sisters route every time i come home, or go to, Uni. I could do it blind now..

west end boy
30-12-2003, 12:46 PM
How long would it take 2 reasonably fit 50 yr olds to walk from 7 sisters to WHL?

Daniel_Nash
30-12-2003, 12:49 PM
It's 1.3 miles. So says the-aa.co.uk

Pidster
30-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
It's 1.3 miles. So says the-aa.co.uk

The THFC website says 20 minutes ( I think ), all I know is its a bloody boring walk ( and that was when buoyed by Shipperley's clearly legal goal which gave Palace victory ).

KennyB
30-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Need some help here guys (and gals).

We are going by car, for various reasons, rather than public transport.

Where can we park safely without a) walking 5 miles or b) getting clamped ?

None of the fanzone etc sites has any good advice on this matter. I've heard there's a local park or something very nearby that charges Ł5 per day on match days (as per Everton did when we played LFC last year).

Any help most appreciated.

monkey
30-12-2003, 04:04 PM
I've never had a problem parking at Spurs,but we haven't been there for 6 years and according to Gooners and spurs fans I've spoken too,the whole of that area is a mare to park now because of all the controlled zones and residents only they've slapped In!!!

as Sir Jimmy once said "take the train":p

Gosling
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Are most people going from Victoria then?

01-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I am doing a dry run tomorrow (Friday) from Whitechapel to Liverpool Street and then the train option to WHL, and then walk. I shall take my stop-watch and report back with exact timings, variations for age, gender, physical ability, and I shall watch out for parking restrictions and good looking places to park cars.

I shall also report on the full range of price deals from London Transport and the railway people, starting out from a Zone 2 Underground pricing zone.

And I shall make a full note of the Saturday timetables for the East London Line, the Hammersmith & City Line (Whitechapel to Liverpool Street) and the overground railway service, including intervals, halts, stops NOT to alight at, best Platforms, where on platforms one should position oneself for ease of access into a carriage, where inside the carriage to sit to have a good view, leg comfort, and safety in the event of a catastrophe.

I shall take notes of the meteorological conditions prevailing at around midday Friday GMT, so as to make a reasonable prognosis for the type of apparel to wear for the Saturday encounter in N21.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This service wishes to make clear that in no way can we be held liable for any resultant damage or injury sustained by anyone or anything, nor can I take any responsibility for the result.

Pistike
02-01-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm just leaving now, should I take the Rákoskeresztúri út into Pest past the Danone dairy or drive through Kőbánya?

DocSavage
02-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by beestey
I am doing a dry run tomorrow (Friday) from Whitechapel to Liverpool Street and then the train option to WHL, and then walk. I shall take my stop-watch and report back with exact timings, variations for age, gender, physical ability, and I shall watch out for parking restrictions and good looking places to park cars.

I shall also report on the full range of price deals from London Transport and the railway people, starting out from a Zone 2 Underground pricing zone.

And I shall make a full note of the Saturday timetables for the East London Line, the Hammersmith & City Line (Whitechapel to Liverpool Street) and the overground railway service, including intervals, halts, stops NOT to alight at, best Platforms, where on platforms one should position oneself for ease of access into a carriage, where inside the carriage to sit to have a good view, leg comfort, and safety in the event of a catastrophe.

I shall take notes of the meteorological conditions prevailing at around midday Friday GMT, so as to make a reasonable prognosis for the type of apparel to wear for the Saturday encounter in N21.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This service wishes to make clear that in no way can we be held liable for any resultant damage or injury sustained by anyone or anything, nor can I take any responsibility for the result.

Are you back yet?

ozzieEagle
02-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Probably researching as throughly as he can, seven sisters.

eagle mart
02-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Its a few years since I've been but we got a tube on the Victoria line, got off and then a short train ride.... Tottenham Hale rings a bell....? Can someone confirm?

Daniel_Nash
02-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Tottenham Hale is slightly off.. it's further away from WHL. If the train is going that way then you want to get off at Northumberland Park then follow the crowds.

If it's going the other way then it's Seven Sisters, WHL or Bruce Grove. All pretty much in the same area. Short walk wherever.

Skin Up
02-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Is a 20 minute walk really that torturous lads?

Surely it's better than hanging around on a platform and getting crammed on a train to WHL station.

Take a few cans for the walk as well!

Pidster
02-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Pistike
I'm just leaving now, should I take the Rákoskeresztúri út into Pest past the Danone dairy or drive through Kőbánya?

Bloody stupid question , take the Rákoskeresztúri út into Pest, you'd be mad to drive through Kőbánya.

c_block_lad
02-01-2004, 10:53 AM
So if I was going to Victoria from E.Croydon, I would be best to jump on a tube to Seven Sisters and walk to the ground?

EddieEdwards
02-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Skin Up
Is a 20 minute walk really that torturous lads?

Surely it's better than hanging around on a platform and getting crammed on a train to WHL station.If you're taking the Victoria Line, I'd agree that it's better to walk to the ground from Seven Sisters than to fart around trying to get a train to White Hart lane.

However, if you're going from Liverpool Street then it makes sense to get a train either to White Hart Lane or to Northumberland Park. White Hart Lane is marginally closer to the ground but there's very little in it. Both are served by frequent trains from Liverpool Street (but they're on different lines so trains stop at one or the other, not both).

Here are some train times out of Liverpool Street:

13:40 (to White Hart Lane)
13:49 (to Northumberland Park)
13:55 (to WHL)
14:03 (to NP)
14:10 (to WHL)
14:19 (to NP)
etc.

The journey to either station takes approx 20 mins.

Del Gland
02-01-2004, 11:04 AM
And to think that everyone disses Selhurst as difficult to get to.

The nerve of it!!

c_block_lad
02-01-2004, 11:12 AM
19 minutes on tube from Victoria to Seven Sisters.

DocSavage
02-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Del Gland
And to think that everyone disses Selhurst as difficult to get to.

The nerve of it!!

Exactly, London Bridge to Norwood Junction 15 minutes and 5 minute walk!!!!

Tottenham, good god a train ride from hell and a trek through purgatory where the dead await a vacancy in hell

Charlton, lost in the mean valleyed streets of timbukto

lightweight
02-01-2004, 02:07 PM
More travel info including trains/tubes/car parking here. (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45596)

02-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I regret to announce that due to the high level of security threats over the last few days, that my 'dry run' travel plans have been thrown into total chaos.

What with there being so many al Qaeda lookalike suspects travelling on London Underground these days, I had no choice in this period of heightened tensions but to abandon my well-intentioned 'dry run' N.29.

Seriously though, due to amazing good luck on my part, I was the first to ring NeilPalace who had a sudden spare ticket at 1.55pm today so I got his spare ticket. NeilPalace, you have a new lifelong friend:love:

This means that instead of travelling via Liverpool Street, I am now travelling from Victoria. Plus I don't need to traipse up to White Hart Lane Box office for a ticket. Sorry about that, folks. Next round maybe when we get the Arse away at Highbury.:p

Daniel_Nash
02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by EddieEdwards

However, if you're going from Liverpool Street then it makes sense to get a train either to White Hart Lane or to Northumberland Park. White Hart Lane is marginally closer to the ground but there's very little in it. Both are served by frequent trains from Liverpool Street (but they're on different lines so trains stop at one or the other, not both).

btw, there are trains every 10 mins from SS to WHL. Look for ones named Enfield Town or Hertford East.

Anyway, Northumberland Park is nearer to the South Stand - Away end. It's a straight walk (no tricky turns or anything) from the exit to the ground. While WHL station is closer to the home end (and is slightly more complicated). If that sways anyone's decision.

Daniel_Nash
02-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
19 minutes on tube from Victoria to Seven Sisters.

It's about 8/9 stops, and it goes through places like Euston, Kings Cross and Oxford St and on a saturday you might encounter some sales crowds.

IAN WALSH
02-01-2004, 06:22 PM
freck me its only north london were going to.

The Misfit
02-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Don't knock it Mr Walsh. I reckon all the travel info on here has been pretty useful.

The Junior Misfits and I will now be travelling via Liverpool St. Thanks to everybody who has put public transport info on here. See you all in the South Stand (Lower Tier).

Al From Bromley
04-01-2004, 06:55 PM
For future reference (should we get another cup final outing there ;) ) Liverpool Street to Northumberland Park is best. two stops, rather than ten to WHL, and a fiveish minute walk straight down the road to the ground.

Shipp Ahoy!
04-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Or if you want to go to next years league match away! :D