PDA

View Full Version : Let's all go to Bradford

BaldEagle96
17-01-2004, 09:37 PM
After todays stunning win we really are on a roll away from home in the league - three wins on the trot scoring 11 goals!!

Make the effort everyone and get to Bradford next Saturday! Already got my tickets but it would be great to see loads and loads of Palace at a game which generally does not get a big away support!!

PhilD
17-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I think I might be there!

c_block_lad
17-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Nightmare to get to though. Up to Leeds then change on a local service to Bradford Fosters Square.

It's a long way.

we_8_brighton
17-01-2004, 09:54 PM
got tickets last week . See you there :p :lux: :hi:

Goldberg Basher
17-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Might just make it.

Stockport_Eagle
17-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Not too far for me :lux:

Oliver V
17-01-2004, 10:25 PM

Pistike
17-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Bit far for me, would love to be there.

Will have to settle for MK Wombles at home. :(

Neil the Eagle
18-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Nightmare to get to though. Up to Leeds then change on a local service to Bradford Fosters Square.

It's a long way.

The journey isn't really that bad, at all.

Train's quite quick to Leeds and its only one change once there. The Leeds leg is only 19 for a group booking of four.

Its hardly the stuff of nightmares - there are far, far worse train journeys than this.

SamTheOldGoat
18-01-2004, 10:50 AM
I'll be there :D

Sandowneagle
18-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Hadn't realised until I looked at the fixture list how often I'll be travelling up the M1 over the next month or so.

cpfc6
18-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Love to be up there but i'll have to give this one a miss because i have a game for the sussex county team away to Kent. As i can't get up to selhurst i miss most home games so away games is a real rarity. Saw both games against brighton last year though.

2can
18-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Direct train from Manchester Victoria to Bradford for me, easy peasy :)

Buying on the day will be ok, right?

weh8millwall
18-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Seriously considering going now....

Dave
18-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle

Train's quite quick to Leeds and its only one change once there. The Leeds leg is only 19 for a group booking of four.

Its hardly the stuff of nightmares - there are far, far worse train journeys than this.

maybe but Bradford is probably the worst day out in the football league IMVHO

mainstandeagle
18-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave

Really? :eek:

budgie
18-01-2004, 02:28 PM
How much is the coach?

Is there concession tickets?

NRM the 2nd
18-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Me and gumble will be there. da da da da ANDY JOHNSON

Barney Gumble
18-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by NRM the 2nd
Me and gumble will be there. da da da da ANDY JOHNSON

It's "Gumble and I" you uneducated numptey :rolleyes:

Selhurst300
18-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Pleasant drive down the A65, with great views of the hills. And the journey should be shorter this season as the Bingley By-pass is now open.
Come on you Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben H
18-01-2004, 03:49 PM

palace & proud
18-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Leaving it only a week to go,how much would a train ticket cost now to bradford?

Skin Up
18-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm 60/40 likely to go, the pubs round the area are few in number and a bit weird (last season ended up in a hotel bar which looked like an old peoples home!) and the away end looks like a 3rd world shanty town.
I'd quite like to check out one of Bradford's famous curry houses after the game though.

Slimbloke'H'
18-01-2004, 04:50 PM

Its hardly the stuff of nightmares - there are far, far worse train journeys than this. GNER droped the FAB4 group ticket when the winter timetable kicked in I'm afraid Neil. They've also dropped the Daypex and relaced them both with a single (ie non group) return ticket called the 'Off-peak One' (or something like that, which is marginally cheaper than the old Daypex but nowhere near as good value as a Fab4 divided by four :(

As far as next Saturday is concerned it's all academic anyway as there are no discounted tickets available now, the cheapest is the Super Advance at 49.

Looks like the car then...

Slimbloke'H'
18-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by palace100
y dont you go by coach Slimbloke'H' - Eagle in Essex

redandblue
18-01-2004, 05:31 PM

I totally disagree good friendly stewards, good view from the away end, easy parking not too much traffic, decent friendly home supporters and the best food I had at any ground, may have only been hot dogs but proper sausage and real fresh onions . OK it was a crap game and pissed it down but it is actually one of my favorite aways. What makes it even better is that my work will pay my petrol as I will pop into my office and do one 10 minute task (disk to disk ghost of a failing hard disk)

NRM the 2nd
18-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Barney Gumble

The big Poof Barney Gumble and I shall be attending the match in question to roar on the the lads to another successful victory.

Is that better you nigel. I look forward to your well spoken educated slating of all the players on Saturday afternoon o perfect one:p

Barney Gumble
18-01-2004, 07:08 PM
The big Poof Barney Gumble and I shall be attending the match in question to roar on the the lads to another successful victory.

Is that better you nigel. I look forward to your well spoken educated slating of all the players on Saturday afternoon o perfect one:p

:lux: :lux: :lux:

Thats better, I've been trying to get someone going all day. :p

Barney Gumble
18-01-2004, 07:09 PM

....and by the way, I am not a poof.......but my boyfriend is :love:

Stumpy
18-01-2004, 11:38 PM
....and by the way, I am not a poof.......but my boyfriend is :love:

No, I aint!

:love:

Stumpy
18-01-2004, 11:41 PM

Dont worry NRM at least you dont have to listen to him whilst his head is stuck up his @rse!!

Oh, and by the way to keep with tradition i will lend you my car and pay the petrol for you boys!

:hi: ;)

Barney Gumble
18-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Stumpy
Dont worry NRM at least you dont have to listen to him whilst his head is stuck up his @rse!!

Oh, and by the way to keep with tradition i will lend you my car and pay the petrol for you boys!

So who gets to play the man out of you boys :love:

Neil the Eagle
19-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Slimbloke'H'
GNER droped the FAB4 group ticket when the winter timetable kicked in I'm afraid Neil. They've also dropped the Daypex and relaced them both with a single (ie non group) return ticket called the 'Off-peak One' (or something like that, which is marginally cheaper than the old Daypex but nowhere near as good value as a Fab4 divided by four :(

Well we've got that deal, Howard, that's why I posted it.

There's actually six of us travelling and they are all at 19. Sue booked the tickets, but I think I'm right in saying, 4 was the minimum number needed to travel to get 19. You have to ring 'em though - We've learnt through bitter experience never to trust websites like Trainline.

Dave, you just need to know where to go. I'd argree that Bradford isn't very welcoming but there's some great places just outside the city merely a 10-min cab ride away from the ground.

Seek and ye shall find...

Slimbloke'H'
19-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Well we've got that deal, Howard, that's why I posted it.

There's actually six of us travelling and they are all at 19. Sue booked the tickets, but I think I'm right in saying, 4 was the minimum number needed to travel to get 19. You have to ring 'em though - We've learnt through bitter experience never to trust websites like Trainline.I think we're talking about the same ticket Neil.

From memory (and I've booked a fair few of them) the FAB4 price to Leeds was 54 - 13.50 each, whilst the Daypex used to be 22. If you've paid 19 each then it would fit in exactly with my post above - especially as there's six of you travelling (ie not a group of four).

I agree with you completely about talking directly to the train companies mind, Trainline.com and National Rail Enquiries Online never have access to the discounted group tickets...

NRM the 2nd
19-01-2004, 09:17 AM

Thats really decent of you stumpy and I tell you what we will also stop off at Rocket on the way home and have a dance for you as well.

Top man:p

Lion
19-01-2004, 09:22 AM
I'll be there!

Baldy
19-01-2004, 09:26 AM

What a complete load of rollocks.

Bradford has a couple of the best pubs in England....and it's an easy journey from York for a long weekend.

Benzhiyi
19-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Skin Up
I'm 60/40 likely to go, the pubs round the area are few in number and a bit weird (last season ended up in a hotel bar which looked like an old peoples home!) and the away end looks like a 3rd world shanty town.
I'd quite like to check out one of Bradford's famous curry houses after the game though.

Nads. I may have to be a sheep and follow you now.

Long way to go for a curry, mind.

Stumpy
19-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Thats really decent of you stumpy and I tell you what we will also stop off at Rocket on the way home and have a dance for you as well.

Top man:p

Now thats just bang out of order! :bash: :veryangry :veryangry

Barney Gumble
19-01-2004, 02:21 PM

No need luv. We have got a Saab 93 2.0turbo to take us up there. We will let you know when we need you again :p

Leeds Eagle
19-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Stockport_Eagle
Not too far for me :lux:

me neither!!! its like a home game for me!!

NRM the 2nd
19-01-2004, 02:38 PM
No need luv. We have got a Saab 93 2.0turbo to take us up there. We will let you know when we need you again :p

You can still pay for the petrol though if it would make you feel better Stumpy. Need any tunes for the car Barney, I can put together some cracking CD's?

Dave
19-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Baldy
What a complete load of rollocks.

Bradford has a couple of the best pubs in England....and it's an easy journey from York for a long weekend.

We failed to find a decent boozer within walking distance of the ground

Anerley Eagle
19-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Im going, the thought of the Meat and Potato pie did the trick :p

Neil the Eagle
19-01-2004, 02:59 PM
We failed to find a decent boozer within walking distance of the ground

I can think of a lot of grounds like that though, mate.

Sometimes you have to work for it a little bit. And in Bradford area, there are plenty of rewards :)

c_block_lad
19-01-2004, 03:47 PM
On a seprate note, Bradford, what a s**t hole!

SamTheOldGoat
19-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Around Palace aint exactly much better

Stumpy
19-01-2004, 06:20 PM

Remember the head and @rse comment?

I rest my case :p

NRM the 2nd
19-01-2004, 08:55 PM

Now come on David Brent I mean Barney has done a good deed in getting a decent car for us to drive up in, no need to be like that:p

Barney Gumble
19-01-2004, 09:14 PM

OK chummmmmmmmmmm p

If your all going to Bradford clap your hands :lux: :lux: (only 2 Stumps) :afro:

Stumpy
19-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Now come on David Brent I mean Barney has done a good deed in getting a decent car for us to drive up in, no need to be like that:p

You two have a nice time :love:

Man in his late 30s +Young boy = Rent boy

Saab will be on the phone Monday requesting details on the durability of the vehicle whilst being driven through those Yorkshire Dales to somewhere quiet :o :o

welshneil
19-01-2004, 10:50 PM
I can think of a lot of grounds like that though, mate.

Sometimes you have to work for it a little bit. And in Bradford area, there are plenty of rewards :)

REALLY cool pub right outside the station tho...cant remember the name but its ok!

Billingshurst
20-01-2004, 10:30 AM
The PIST Club are continuing their UK tour this weekend and every weekend with the first of two trips to Yorkshire in the next fortnight.

Details on the web-site.
20 return.
No bus though - only a Galaxy.

Barney Gumble
20-01-2004, 11:47 AM
You two have a nice time :love:

Man in his late 30s +Young boy = Rent boy

Saab will be on the phone Monday requesting details on the durability of the vehicle whilst being driven through those Yorkshire Dales to somewhere quiet :o :o

LATE 30's........you cheecky bugger

and your only jealous cos you can't go......his bird has got him under the thumb and won't let him go :sob: :sob: :sob:

But don't worry Neal...the important thing is that we will be there :p

If you all going to Bradford clap your hands :lux:

Tele Caster
20-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Six miles from my home and I'm in France. Can't believe it

Stumpy
20-01-2004, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barney Gumble
[B]LATE 30's........you cheecky bugger

and your only jealous cos you can't go......his bird has got him under the thumb and won't let him go :sob: :sob: :sob:

Me confused now??

What one ?:p

NRM the 2nd
20-01-2004, 01:41 PM
[B

If you all going to Bradford clap your hands :lux: [/B]

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

FourtyTwo
20-01-2004, 02:44 PM
does anyone know if tickets will be available on the gate?
And if so, how much they'll be costing?
Cheers!

Hayes Eagle
20-01-2004, 03:04 PM
rite ive looked for train tikets for me and itll cost me 28 (child). rekon im paying that!!! so does any1 know for defo how much the coach is?? i know its normally dearer but by any chance is it cheaper this time?

palace & proud
20-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I'll be attending to Bradford -::lux: :lux: :lux: LOYAL SUPPORTERS....

E_girl
21-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by palace & proud
I'll be attending to Bradford -::lux: :lux: :lux: LOYAL SUPPORTERS....

Yeah alright Dean.... :rolleyes:

You've been slagging me off for going to games all season - you weren't even going to home games - now we're winning some, you're suddenly back on the bandwagon!

Loyal supporter my ar$e! :rolleyes:

Gazza2
21-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Yeah Deano, u r only going cos your number 1 love (Catford dogs) has closed down and now have u have some spare cash that is not earmarked for the bookies satchel. Hahaha. Make sure u have enough money left for going down Cinatra's to terrorise the fat women.

brb rule
21-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gazza2
Yeah Deano, u r only going cos your number 1 love (Catford dogs) has closed down and now have u have some spare cash that is not earmarked for the bookies satchel. Hahaha. Make sure u have enough money left for going down Cinatra's to terrorise the fat women.

GOD you know him so well.

Anerley Eagle
21-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by E_girl
Yeah alright Dean.... :rolleyes:

You've been slagging me off for going to games all season - you weren't even going to home games - now we're winning some, you're suddenly back on the bandwagon!

Loyal supporter my ar$e! :rolleyes:

:p
See you sat

brb rule
21-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Anerley Eagle
:p
See you sat

Maybe, might go man city on sun to.

palace & proud
21-01-2004, 11:51 AM

Oi,Oi Gazza theres no need for that M8,i never go Cinatra's,I go betta places than that,birds with talent:p i use to love Catford Dog's cos i used to take all the bookmakers money....:hi: :hi: :hi:

SIR
21-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Hayes Eagle
rite ive looked for train tikets for me and itll cost me 28 (child). rekon im paying that!!! so does any1 know for defo how much the coach is?? i know its normally dearer but by any chance is it cheaper this time?

Coach tickets 24.20

Only 1 coach going and only three spaces left as I type.

Pub stop on the way up.

Billingshurst
21-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Pist Club is 20 - 4 spaces left.

SKATE
21-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I went twice last season, so I'm not going this time to make up for it ;)

PS Its bound to be postponed ;) ;)

nelson alfie
21-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Sorry if I've missed it on this thread but will it be "pay on the day" at the away end? Anybody know? thanks

brb rule
21-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah pay on the day, also went twice last season, well 1 & half actually but that was enough.

palace & proud
21-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by brb rule
Yeah pay on the day, also went twice last season, well 1 & half actually but that was enough.

Are you going now then:p

brb rule
21-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Are you going now then:p

Nope under the thumb in it, well got golf match before girlfriend duties.

palace & proud
21-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Thats poor..
When u gonna make another apperance at wimbledon,call the copper ran yesterday again....

Gazza2
21-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Ahhhh, so u been going to Wimbleon and doing your dough now that Catford has closed. Those big women at Cinatra's have been missing u. They only stay til 11pm if u r not there Deano.

brb rule
21-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Thats poor..
When u gonna make another apperance at wimbledon,call the copper ran yesterday again....

No you can have my season ticket for wimbledon, away for week end.

palace & proud
21-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Ahhhh, so u been going to Wimbleon and doing your dough now that Catford has closed. Those big women at Cinatra's have been missing u. They only stay til 11pm if u r not there Deano.

Fu*k Cin Bins .......
Yeah went wimbledon last fri m8,had it off there as well :p We are going there for Pauls birthday if you and rob fancy it ,Should be quiet a few people going and then out in to croydon after,I will let know the date ok

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

adamrhodes
22-01-2004, 06:12 PM
I'll be making my first trip to a Palace match with my matesm liver near Leeds so don't get to see many matches. Good job its pay when you there!

BaldEagle96
23-01-2004, 09:54 AM
What a signature there Adam - Palace and Leeds - 2 loves!! :eek: :eek:

That's a bit like saying swimming and great white sharks! :)

Lion
23-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Any news on a travel bullitin for the game, or a URL of details of the stand, etc?

Stavros 69
23-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking about going !

E_girl
23-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Lion
Any news on a travel bullitin for the game, or a URL of details of the stand, etc?

Could always check last years - not much will have changed.

Lion
23-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Yup, that's what I did in the end. Stav, your hardly far away, you should go.

Stavros 69
23-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Lion
Yup, that's what I did in the end. Stav, your hardly far away, you should go.

Yeah i know mate, again its not distance but cost . Got my birthday next week so it';ll be expensive

cpfcben
23-01-2004, 03:20 PM
thinking of going

adamrhodes
23-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
What a signature there Adam - Palace and Leeds - 2 loves!! :eek: :eek:

That's a bit like saying swimming and great white sharks! :)

I know! Ah well, watching Palace will be a MAJOR improvement than watching Leeds.

mikebow
23-01-2004, 07:58 PM
should be good....really looking forward to it; less than 20 hours now!....

CO ME ON PALACE !

:lux:Iain Dowies Red Blue Army!! :lux:

Lenny
24-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Off I go...I think this vein in my head is going to explode soon....

mikebow
25-01-2004, 06:19 PM

Neil the Eagle
25-01-2004, 06:57 PM
With our regular boozer sadly closed, we were forced to make other plans.

We found an excellent boozer, with friendly locals and staff, cheap and filling grub, an excellent range of Bitters (incl TT Landlord!) to boot. Only 5 mins from the station, (thus about 15 from the ground).Bit of a bugger to find tho'.

Dave, I will happily share the directions with you next time we stray up that way, although it probably won't be for a while if yesterday is anything to do by.