PDA

View Full Version : More playacting

oz_da II
24-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Well done Boateng.

What a ••••••• cheat.

Anyone else fed up with all these Hollywood perrformances to get a fellow professional sent off?

Or, has this now become just "part of today's game"?

Wanchope tried the same today.
Makelele mid-week.

Middlesbrough got what they deserve by losing to a ten man Villa as did Chelsea versus Monaco.

weh8millwall
24-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Ban the diving ••••ers, if they want to cheat then give them a 2-game suspension for it.

The FA can investigate off the ball violent conduct incidents, why not this? Just a thought...

Palace121
24-04-2004, 11:46 PM
It's wrong. But I guess doing it can help your team to win so it makes sense to me.

RDSdaEAGLE
24-04-2004, 11:56 PM
It makes no sense at all.

It's cheating, not what the game is about, and something that Managers should be punished for also. If their players behave like that then they're obviously not being given the right advice.

oz_da II
24-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Palace121
It's wrong. But I guess doing it can help your team to win so it makes sense to me.

Not if the refs cracked down on it.

Ralph
25-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Imagine if Boateng (or Makelele come to think of it) went down like that in a bar or club having been slapped by someone, it would be effin' hysterical!!! So why dont people take the piss when he does on the pitch!!

Trilby
25-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Ban the ••••s

sexyrazor
25-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Thought he was disgusting. Solano gave him a little kick on the leg and he went down rolln round holding his head!!!!

c_block_lad
25-04-2004, 01:28 PM
On a seprate note, Steve McClaren the most hyped up, overated manager in the Premiership.

Spent a fortune at 'Boro and has a only a Carling Cup to show for it, they should be getting at least Uefa Cup football with the amount of money he has spent.

Strathclyde Eagle
25-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Imagine if Boateng (or Makelele come to think of it) went down like that in a bar or club having been slapped by someone, it would be effin' hysterical!!! So why dont people take the piss when he does on the pitch!!
On one of the Nick Hancock videos a striker tries to perform a blatant dive to get a penalty. The covering defender gets up, puts his hands together and performs a dive right alongside him - worth seeing for pure originality. :)

Stubby
25-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
On a seprate note, Steve McClaren the most hyped up, overated manager in the Premiership.

Spent a fortune at 'Boro and has a only a Carling Cup to show for it, they should be getting at least Uefa Cup football with the amount of money he has spent.

??? Does'nt winning the Carling Cup give European football then???

£6 million for Gareth Southgate wasa money well spent in my eyes!

c_block_lad
25-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Sorry, I ment an Uefa Cup place in the league table.

What about the money spent on that Italian striker, who's surname I cannot spell but it begins with a M, £8m he cost!

Stubby
25-04-2004, 02:46 PM
In his second season with Boro, Massimo Maccarone, still only around 23 and yes not come on as much as people in Boro expected.
Everyone makes mistakes..........let me think... Akinbadbye??

Boro have just won the youth cup, so thats 2 trophies this season.

CHE
25-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Presumably we are all incuding Beckham in this condemnation following his disgraceful dive against Barcelona tonight?

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Yes the txt addict is a disgrace as well.

Latvian Eagle
25-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Disgraceful dive... What about Puyol's effort? From the angles Figo made none if any contact with him and he somehow managed to be 8 foot in the air. :confused:

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Agreed.

It's everywhere. But nobody is doing anything about it.

kolinkins
25-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Why is diving any different to players who handball, or claim a throw in when they have kicked it out?

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Why is diving any different to players who handball, or claim a throw in when they have kicked it out?

It's not so much diving, it's the dropping to your knees and rolling around when a player taps the "actor" on the back of the head.

Anyway, the consequences are greater.
Compare getting a player sent off to claiming a throw in.

BTW, I think claiming corners, goal kicks etc. should be banned as well.
and clapping a red card should result in the clapper getting a red as well.

kolinkins
25-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
It's not so much diving, it's the dropping to your knees and rolling around when a player taps the "actor" on the back of the head.

agree with that.:eek:

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 10:59 PM
You know I always make sense. :D

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Blimey, may aswell ban all contact and wanting to win, wanting the best for your team you are playing for, ban all the winding up amongst players, ban wearing heart on sleeves, while we are at it, ban tackling, that will solve alot of the problems, oh what the hell ban any type of contact as i said.

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:09 PM
There's a big difference between wearing your heart on your sleeve and cheating. in fact, no comparison.

You're missing the point.

You feel Makelele and Boateng were justified in what they did?

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:13 PM
All much of a muchness, you ban one thing and another problem will start up, leave the wonderful game alone, please.

And no i dont think its justified, but the other day people were almost crying because Maradonna was about to die, he is the greatest cheat of em all.

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
All much of a muchness, you ban one thing and another problem will start up, leave the wonderful game alone, please.

It's got to stop. It's embarrassing.

kolinkins
25-04-2004, 11:17 PM
but the other day people were almost crying because Maradonna was about to die, he is the greatest cheat of em all.

He didnt try to get another player sent off.

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Harry Kewell, he likes to dive alot, and Viduka, jeez, never seem someone try to claim so many free kicks as him!

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:18 PM
He didnt try to get another player sent off.

He punched the ball into the goal to 'score' in a world cup game, but obviously that isnt as bad!

kolinkins
25-04-2004, 11:20 PM
He punched the ball into the goal to 'score' in a world cup game, but obviously that isnt as bad!

Paul Gallegher did it for Blackburn against Newcastle, could at the end of the season cost Newcastle a Champions League spot - you going to hope he dies as well?

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Harry Kewell, he likes to dive alot, and Viduka, jeez, never seem someone try to claim so many free kicks as him!

This is thread is not really about diving.

It's about faking injury in altercations between players that occur off the ball and which results in a player getting sent off.

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:23 PM
This is thread is not really about diving.

It's about faking injury in altercations between players that occur off the ball and which results in a player getting sent off.

Much of a muchness as i said, if a player dives and wins the free kick, the opposing player may well be booked, and sent off if a 2nd bookable offence......

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Paul Gallegher did it for Blackburn against Newcastle, could at the end of the season cost Newcastle a Champions League spot - you going to hope he dies as well?

I dont hope Maradonna dies, i just dont care if he does.

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Why is it whenever I make a general statement which "ruffles someone's feathers", I get someone try to counter my argument by having a go at Australia or Australians?

;)

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Why is it whenever I make a general statement which "ruffles someone's feathers", I get someone try to counter my argument by having a go at Australia or Australians?

;)

Why, are Aussies exempt from this conversation? do you guys never cheat?

Diggers digs in?
25-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Blimey, may aswell ban all contact and wanting to win, wanting the best for your team you are playing for, ban all the winding up amongst players, ban wearing heart on sleeves, while we are at it, ban tackling, that will solve alot of the problems, oh what the hell ban any type of contact as i said.

Are you actually stupid or do you just enjoy forwarding contrived, irritating and backward opinions?

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Are you actually stupid or do you just enjoy forwarding contrived, irritating and backward opinions?

I must be stupid then, I mean what more can be done to spoil the game?! Ref's are given the power to punish the culprits, so are the authorites after the game! What else do you want?! stop the game mid match and decide the punishment there and then?! :rolleyes:

Trilby
No-one dives as much as housewives favourite Alan Shearer.

oz_da II
Why, are Aussies exempt from this conversation? do you guys never cheat?

No, I was just wondering.

kolinkins
25-04-2004, 11:38 PM
The best to deal with players who fake injury, is for a panel to watch the incident post match, and if guilty, ban them for 3 games. Then it will soon stop.

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Trilby
No-one dives as much as housewives favourite Alan Shearer.

I wouldnt call it diving, Its more playing within the rules to gain an advantage for your team, he is very good at it, ie jumping early so the defender has to jump over the top of him, thus giving the impression he is being fouled, winning the free kick.

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:39 PM
I must be stupid then, I mean what more can be done to spoil the game?! Ref's are given the power to punish the culprits, so are the authorites after the game! What else do you want?! stop the game mid match and decide the punishment there and then?! :rolleyes:

Nothing will happen to Boateng.

Diggers digs in?
25-04-2004, 11:40 PM

I agree, you are stupid. Admitting it is the first stage to recovery

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
I agree, you are stupid. Admitting it is the first stage to recovery

Whats the answer then Einstein?! (It takes one to know one, on the stupid front, incase you didnt realise)

Diggers digs in?
25-04-2004, 11:48 PM
As a recovering Stupido, I feel the pain. Good luck on the long road back to interesting and informative opinion forming

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks, but i see you have no answer in response, you critisise me for giving an opinion, yet you wont give your own answers to the alleged problem.

oz_da II
25-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I like kolikins' idea.

pete eagle
26-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Steve, say if a Coventry player got one of ours sent-off, costing us the game and a place in the play-offs. You would be up in arms about it, as would we all.

This is blatant cheating, gaining an unfair advantage for their team. Those who do it should be subject to appeal, as all violent conduct red cards are now, so the other team can appeal and the cheat can be banned. And if the ref sees it on the pitch, then he can either book or send players off. It should not be allowed because at the moment it is getting beyond a joke. It embarasses the game and gives it a bad name.

Divers are already subject to booking and that should stay, and refs need to be given more clear instruction, any diving results in a yellow card as it is unsporting behaviour.No matter where it occurs.

But on the other hand, players who raise their hands to others or those who kick out are inviting trouble for themselves, and whether it is just a little flick or a full blown hit. They should still be punished, but refs should be given more leeway here, allowing bookings as well as straight reds.

CHE
26-04-2004, 05:58 PM
What people don't seem to understand is that trying to stop an opponent by kicking them, or handling th ball, or pulling a shirt is also "cheating".

All the examples given are yellow card offences, so is diving; so is "unsporting behaviour", under which encouraging an official to send off an opponent comes.

As LLCOOLSTEVE has said, what more do people want?

oz_da II
26-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CHE
As LLCOOLSTEVE has said, what more do people want?

More severe punishment for "unsporting behaviour".

Diggers digs in?
26-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Pete Eagle - top post. The reason I didn't reply, Mr LL, is because I can't be arsed to argue with you using reasons that had already been posted on the site.

CHE
26-04-2004, 08:43 PM
More severe punishment for "unsporting behaviour".

Rather than for trying to injure someone? Sheer madness.

oz_da II
26-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CHE
Rather than for trying to injure someone? Sheer madness.

A tap on the back of the head is never going to injury anyone.

Lambeth Palace
26-04-2004, 10:01 PM

What about accusing a player of diving when you know you've just clattered him? Should you be punished for that? Where does it end.

I feel that blatant cheating by the likes of Makelele should be severely punished after the game. I fear that if things are left to the refs, players will end up being sent off for getting fouled! We've seen it already!