PDA

View Full Version : After-match rail travel (home game against Walsall)

Crate
30-04-2004, 09:50 AM
I normally travel to home matches by train to and from Norwood Junction. During the West Ham game there was an announcement to the effect that (apparently because of engineering work, congestion etc) anyone travelling south to Croydon and points beyond should use Selhurst rather than Norwood Junction. This messed me up because I had to change at East Croydon and by the time I got there I had missed my connection so had to wait for another half hour.

I thought this was just a one-off, and possibly a sensible way of separating the two sets of supporters, but the same happened at the Sunderland game (when getting past the hole in the Holmesdale Road didn't exactly help matters).

So my question is: does anyone know any more about what's going on? Can we expect the same to happen with the Walsall game? And if so is there anything to stop people travelling back from Norwood Junction if they want to (ie like the trains not stopping there!)?

macstar
30-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Normal services will run from Norwood Junction tomorrow.

Coppers were in force during those two games outside Norwood Jct. People who wanted Croydon and south thereof had to walk the long way roun d to there platform.

I think these measures were they to, as you say, ease overcrowding and prevent clashes.

Crate
30-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks, macstar :p

macstar
30-04-2004, 10:05 AM
no problemo.....COME ON YOU PALACE!!!!!

brb rule
30-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Selhurst was closed at West Hame game because Millwall & west ham thugs met there at half time so my dads mate who is a steward informed him.

Scoot
30-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by brb rule
Selhurst was closed at West Hame game because Millwall & west ham thugs met there at half time so my dads mate who is a steward informed him.
Well I went thataway
Last time they met at London Bridge, it would make no sense for Millwall to come to Selhurst staion as it is not even on the right line.

brb rule
30-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Nor would it to meet at half-time as both teams were playing but they did.

King William
30-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by brb rule
incorrect.

brb rule
30-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Only saying waht i heard, cant see why my dads mate would make it up.