PDA

View Full Version : on the coach

eaglematt
01-05-2004, 07:00 PM
im going on the posh coach to coventry 130 anyone else going that comes on here beer all the way and back and dinner at the hilton with the players

welshneil
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
no!

Super Eagles
01-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I am mate... and can't wait... welshneil just jealous....

loads and loadsa Money!!!!

lightweight
01-05-2004, 11:18 PM
actually sounds quite cool!

tasty_snacks
02-05-2004, 01:24 PM
i thought it was a champagne thing? why on earth would you want to drink beer!?!?

CP Satellite
02-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Ahem! 130 for adults and 100 for kids? I don't think so! Try 15 for adults and 6 for kids from Victoria Coach Station! Beer optional...tickets supplied by Coventry fans...kids for a quid! Get real folks!

welshneil
03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Super Eagles
I am mate... and can't wait... welshneil just jealous....

loads and loadsa Money!!!!

a/ Not Jealous!
b/ Live in Manchester so no point!
c/ Don't have that kind of money to waste!
d/ I certainly ain't posh!
e/ I wanna stick around in Coventry & celebrate!
f/ 130 would buy around 250 cans of beer!
g/ Would probably get barred form The Hilton AND Selhurst Park the state I'll be in on Sunday!

stevieboy
03-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by welshneil
a/ Not Jealous!
b/ Live in Manchester so no point!
c/ Don't have that kind of money to waste!
d/ I certainly ain't posh!
e/ I wanna stick around in Coventry & celebrate!
f/ 130 would buy around 250 cans of beer!
g/ Would probably get barred form The Hilton AND Selhurst Park the state I'll be in on Sunday!

quality !!

:p

Great Lombardi
03-05-2004, 11:57 AM
h/ I think he was joking about the jealousy thing.

Kirby
03-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by CP Satellite
Ahem! 130 for adults and 100 for kids? I don't think so! Try 15 for adults and 6 for kids from Victoria Coach Station! Beer optional...tickets supplied by Coventry fans...kids for a quid! Get real folks!

Is that on National Express?

Usually you'll be ok if you're discreet, but yesterday the jobsworth was checking everyones bags for alcohol.

Just stuff it under some clothes in a bag and you'll be alright :p

Kirby
03-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Not that I condone breaking the law by the way :o

CP Satellite
03-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Message recieved Kirby...of course..I could argue that it's for medicinal purposes as I may have to use the larynx quite extensively!

Fide et Fiducia
03-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm on the posh coach, can't wait!

MATTY THE EAGLE
03-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Me and 13 Mates are on the Express Caoches up there!

redandblue
03-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Is that on National Express?

Usually you'll be ok if you're discreet, but yesterday the jobsworth was checking everyones bags for alcohol.

Just stuff it under some clothes in a bag and you'll be alright :p

Ok fellas a couple of tried and tested ways round this from the days of official palace coaches ane being searched for booze.

1. Themos flask filled with beer ok you can only get a couple of pints in but better than nout

2. Preferd method and way to get sleep on way back though if you are national express thiw will not work for the way back as you can't leave the bottles on the coach and its too risky trying to get them in to the ground. But the 500ml bottles of coke dispose of 1/3 and top up with Vodka/Scotch/tequila whatever your fancy. Done this loads of time plane, football coaches etc

c_block_lad
04-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Redandblue do you think it is such a wise idea to tell people tips on how to drink on club coaches, when:

A) It is agaisnt the law

B) If Alchool is found on board the club could recieve a fine of 5,000 I believe.

GreatGonzo
04-05-2004, 09:19 AM
1,000 is closer to the mark i believe!

c_block_lad
04-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Ok, my "Boo".

Still 1,000 is a lot of money for the club.

Tony Montana
04-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Just take a lemonade bottle with Vodka inside it.

EddieEdwards
04-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Redandblue do you think it is such a wise idea to tell people tips on how to drink on club coaches, when:

A) It is agaisnt the law

B) If Alchool is found on board the club could recieve a fine of 5,000 I believe. Not to mention the fact that, if any alcohol is found on a coach, the police are likely to send the entire coachload of fans home without allowing them to see the game. Sneaking alcohol onto a club coach is a very scummy thing to do to your fellow supporters.

stevieboy
04-05-2004, 10:03 AM
just booked the national express coach that leaves victoria at 9-30 only 14 quid each and gets there at 11-30.

if anyone is on this coach give us a shout and we can some some sneaky drinks on it no probs

MATTY THE EAGLE
04-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by stevieboy
just booked the national express coach that leaves victoria at 9-30 only 14 quid each and gets there at 11-30.

if anyone is on this coach give us a shout and we can some some sneaky drinks on it no probs

As I said above mate there's about 14 of us on that Coach I beleive, the more Palace the better mate!

AndyStreet
04-05-2004, 11:11 AM

A) It is agaisnt the law

As is underage drinking...

stevieboy
04-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
As I said above mate there's about 14 of us on that Coach I beleive, the more Palace the better mate!

you coming back on the 3-30 geez.

i got a couple of friends with me.
matty are you on the 8-30 or 9-30

c_block_lad
04-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
As is underage drinking...

Your point being?

Im pretty sure RedAndBlue is over 18...

AndyStreet
04-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Your point being?

My point being that it comes across as a bit rich that you have a go about people drinking on club coaches on the basis that it's against the law and could land the club in trouble, when you have repeatedly admitted to drinking inside the ground, which is against the law since you're underage, and could conceivably get the club in a lot of trouble if the licensing authorities found out. That's all.

gjtango
04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
But although they may account for the same offence, are licensing authorities realistically going to a) catch someone maybe one year under age having a beer at the football (with them mixed in with another large crowd of people probably over 18) and b) actually prosecute? Whereas drinking on the coach, be it either National Express or the Club Coach it'd be more expected that the driver or runner of the bus will follow up the situation may it arise.

MATTY THE EAGLE
04-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by stevieboy
you coming back on the 3-30 geez.

i got a couple of friends with me.
matty are you on the 8-30 or 9-30

Aint got a Clue Bruv, I know Im coming back on the 6.30 while the other lot are on the 9.30:eek: I think it's the 9.30 one though, Il bell him tonight and find out. Were be the Group of "Casuals" aged 17-18ish mate wont be able to miss us, just come over and ask for Sherman or Matty and ur find me

AndyStreet
04-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Of course put into practice, what you say is correct gjtango, but it just comes across as a little hypocritical to me to criticise those who choose to drink, secretly, on a coach whilst drinking underage in the ground. I personally am not too bothered about either, but I think it's a little inconsistent on C_Block's part to be honest.

redandblue
04-05-2004, 06:28 PM

A) It is agaisnt the law

B) If Alchool is found on board the club could recieve a fine of 5,000 I believe.

C Block of all people I am sorry but this would be a fair comment from anyone else but from one who thinks that holliganism is really cool I think a few sherberts on a Bus is mild in comparisson mate. On top of that my advide I am sure is simple an not above the thoughts of many. I have on several occasions taken such bottles on both club coaches (only midweek so I can sleep on the way home) and on the coaches I have organised. I no longer travel with the club so its not an issue but will continue to drink on coaches that I organise as well as on planes and in Portugal in the Summer

c_block_lad
04-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Im sorry if I came across smug, this certainly was not my attention. I was just pointing out the law regarding drinking on club coaches.

And where did I say football hooliganism is cool, how you can relate football hooliganism and drinking on club coaches into the same post amazes me.

SamTheOldGoat
04-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, how old are you C-Block?

El Aguila
04-05-2004, 08:17 PM
But the National Express coach isn't a club coach, is it? I just booked onto it as well (don't really have any intention of drinking alcohol at 9.30 in the morning, though).

c_block_lad
04-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SamTheOldGoat
Just out of curiosity, how old are you C-Block?

17, 18 in July.

El Aguila, National Express do not allow drinking on there coaches.

El Aguila
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Really? Ah, well, I shall just have to take a good book.

redandblue
05-05-2004, 05:59 AM

And where did I say football hooliganism is cool, how you can relate football hooliganism and drinking on club coaches into the same post amazes me.

Every other post mate,

both are illegal both get the club into trouble simple.

welshneil
05-05-2004, 07:36 AM
When I saw the 1st post on this thread it struck me as some jumped up kid with a rich daddy who just wanted to brag that he was going on 130 bus, otherwise WHY start a thread on it! Like I said before even if I DID have 130 to waste I'd want to be hanging out with the fans & soaking up the atmosphere NOT being a LA DE DA on the 'posh' bus! And dinner at the Hilton? I got a GORGEOUS girlfriend who will have a GREAT meal waiting for me when I get home after celebrating/drowning my sorrows (whichever it may be!) and I'll probably get a sh@g out of it all too after buying her a pressie with the 100 odd I've saved!

welshneil
05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
P.S. apologies if I'm wrong!!!