PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Torquay!

newbureagle
08-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Spot on brilliant work great to see Torquay go up and clinch it at the last!

I've got a huge affection for them - a Torquay supporting mate lives around here, I like their ground and have had a good day when we played them in the friendly a couple of years back and in the cup last year... I just like them! Plus it was Matthew Gregg in goal for them when they last came close to promotion...

Well done lads! Now lets see if we can jump a division as well!

:p :D :lux:

FourtyTwo
08-05-2004, 04:45 PM
At the cost of my now-local team, Huddersfield!
Double round of applause for that one!
Shove that up ya, ya ******* townies!!!

Twyford Bee
08-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Good-o, that'll be one new ground for me next year, at least. Looks like we'll never play Oxford while I'm living here, thanks to their end of season meltdown.

JamieBcpfc
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Helen Marie Chamberlain will be pleased

Latvian
08-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by newbureagle
Spot on brilliant work great to see Torquay go up and clinch it at the last!

I've got a huge affection for them - a Torquay supporting mate lives around here, I like their ground and have had a good day when we played them in the friendly a couple of years back and in the cup last year... I just like them! Plus it was Matthew Gregg in goal for them when they last came close to promotion...

Well done lads! Now lets see if we can jump a division as well!

:p :D :lux:

Indeed, congratulations Torquay :p

limited_edition
08-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Twyford Bee
Good-o, that'll be one new ground for me next year, at least. Looks like we'll never play Oxford while I'm living here, thanks to their end of season meltdown. Well done to the Bees for surviving today. Mad Dog's done a cracking job.

palace & proud
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I feel so sorry for Hudderfield been up there all season and blew it once again like they did a few seasons back in Division 1....

FourtyTwo
08-05-2004, 05:51 PM
I don't!
Actually, thats a bit of a lie. I do feel sorry for them in a way. But the advantage they've got is that the squads average age is about 21, and they're pretty much all the Academy team from 2 seasons ago, so they haven't got a lot of experience. They may well make it through the play-offs, but if they don't it'd be a good 10 bet for promotion or even the title next season!

Diggers digs in?
08-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Wohooooo! Nothing like seeing the club from the first place I can remember living in go up!

darren_j
08-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Always had a soft spot for torquay as there were the worst team in CM 2!

Goldberg Basher
08-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I've always had Torquay as my second team to Palace in Champ Manager, all editions!

Well done lads, only a shame Plymouth won't be in the same division next year after their promotion to Div 1.

RtS
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Well done Torquay! Good night out back in August, Cedric brilliant in the penalty shoot out and a good drink with some friendly Torquay fans.