PDA

View Full Version : Dammit, Australia loses finaly, Aussie 1 - Turkey 3

ozzieEagle
21-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Yehp, guess it had to be posted sooner or later. Watched the game on TV, It was only a freindly, (nothing like the game that happened at upton park hehe) Minus kewell, Veduka (spit) and Popo, (and someone else errrm...?)

To sum up, pretty even game, actually, Schwarzer, made two diabolical errors, and two aussie players crashed into one another on the edge of the penalty area. all three mistakes resulted in goals.

Tiato, was absolute crap for the 10 mins that he was on.

that martin breschnich (spelling) player, is an even better player than kewell by the looks of things.

Another game in Melbourne on monday, If we lose that, we will claim freindly status = meaningless, errrm like you lot did against Australia. ;)

Latvian
21-05-2004, 01:28 PM
I see Malakites brought his good fortune down under :rolleyes:

ozzieEagle
21-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Latvian
I see Malakites brought his good fortune down under :rolleyes:

Looks like it, Met him last week, at the infamous clifton hill ground (just a playing feild with a hut in the corner lol) anyways, Clifton hill had won 5/5, and you guessed it, they lost the game he had travelled 500 miles from sydney to see.

His GF (whoops wife) reminds me of how my missus was a few years back, they scrub up well these aussie girls.

As for the soccerroos, its just a glitch, in the long terms plans ;)

DennisUphill
21-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Afraid to say they looked exactly what they were, that is 13 players thrown together. Lacked any cohesion or attacking ideas for me. But this is the idea of friendlies against class opposition, trying things and learning from mistakes. As long as they can keep the same player base, it'll come, just need to persevere.

jamienffc
21-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ozzieEagle
Clifton hill had won 5/5, and you guessed it, they lost the game he had travelled 500 miles from sydney to see.

Better hope that passport control wont let him back into the country before Saturdays playoff final if he carries on his vain of luck :D

philaire
22-05-2004, 12:36 PM
SBS commentators going on about how great it was to have a home international. But how unsatisfying when it was such a motley team, pitted against the slick Turks. Pity that Schwarzer chose to have an off night with 2 of the goals largeley down to him. Some of the younger Aussie lads show potential, but just painful to see the likes of Zrdilic (not up to the task) and Tiatto (yesterday's man if ever there was one) representing the green and gold.

And speaking of the green and gold, what a step backward with those new shirts, cast in what is apparently the latest Nike look.http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/05/21/430soccer,0.jpg

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Blimey if it was England that had lost we'd have all the Aussie members on here mocking us.

ozzieEagle
22-05-2004, 12:39 PM
I think you lot in ole blighty have been slightly distracted this week ;)

RDSdaEAGLE
22-05-2004, 12:47 PM
What an ugly kit.

The Adidas one was alot nicer.

Calder2
22-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Indeed that kit is horrendous

oz_da II
22-05-2004, 12:56 PM
A Barry Crocker of a kit if I've ever seen one.

I really despise Nike.

philaire
22-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by oz_da II
A Barry Crocker of a kit if I've ever seen one.

I really despise Nike. Shocking shade of green, ugly white piping on the front, insipid yellow patch on the back at the top, and a white (?) stripe on the shorts at the back that makes them looks as though their jocks are showing. The thing that really gets me is that Nike has a standard "look" for all of its shirts at any one time, so Australia and any other nation (Turkey had the same) cop the same design. Arrogance (and lack of creativity) from the manufacturer.

philaire
22-05-2004, 01:05 PM
This is nicer
(Popo after scoring against England)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38826000/jpg/_38826655_030216ashes150f.jpg

AndyStreet
22-05-2004, 01:16 PM
The Nike shirt's nice.

Skid Row
24-05-2004, 02:39 AM
The ref spoilt the game, he was a disgrace. It was never a free kick that lead to Turkey's first goal and it wasnt a penalty that led to ours. Turkey were a class above though, they still would have won but the ref did favour them greatly (apart from the pen). Hopefully there will be a different ref tonight.

We were missing Moore, Popovic, Viduka, Kewell and Charlie Yankos who are all certain starters. :p

Chipperfield, he is crap.

sydney eagle
24-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by ozzieEagle

To sum up, pretty even game, actually, you really think that ozzie? I thought with the exception of the first ten minutes of the second half the turks looked a class above the australians but OMG the referee was disgusting,was he going for the world record number of free kicks given in a game? and the penalty was well outside the area

ozzieEagle
24-05-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
you really think that ozzie? I thought with the exception of the first ten minutes of the second half the turks looked a class above the australians but OMG the referee was disgusting,was he going for the world record number of free kicks given in a game? and the penalty was well outside the area

Gotta admit, i didnt pay to much attention to the first half. with visitors here etc, I dont think it was as one sided as the cup final, and seeing as aussie had at least 4 main players missing. I dont think it was that bad an effort. Taking into account the Major errors that aussie made.

limited_edition
24-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Even the new Brazil kit is awful from Nike. And however crap the rest of their range, they usually get the Brazil shirt right.

philaire
25-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Improved showing from the Aussies in the 2nd game at Telstra Dome last night especially in the first half, but no-one able to finish off the chances. Australia basically down to Skoko, Bresciano, Lazaridis and the out-of-form Emerton as the only 1st team regulars out there last night. Turkey left out Esme and Sas so they were short of their top selection as well. Class free kick from Turkey settled the game. Good crowd of 30,000 (would have been higher with more realistic ticket pricing), with Turkey flags outnumbering green and gold by about 10:1! The Telstra Dome pitch was unexpectedly good for the round ball game.

Skid Row
25-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Did you go Phil?

ozzieEagle
25-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Lots of celebrations up and down Sydney road, and Bell St, and surrounding areas, cars flags horns etc etc. I might reciprocate at 2.30 am ish sunday ;)

I wouldn't be suprised, if the local soccer lovers suss out what has happened lol !

Brett
26-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Blimey if it was England that had lost we'd have all the Aussie members on here mocking us.

We don't have an inferiority complex like the Aussies (just as they don't have grace or dignity or intelligence).

philaire
28-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Skid Row
Did you go Phil? Yes I did skid. I wasn't all that keen but a mate twisted my arm. We got suprisingly good seats level 3 behind the goal $45. Felt sorry for those who had dished out $90. Good atmosphere owing to the passionate Turkish support.

Originally posted by Brett
We don't have an inferiority complex like the Aussies (just as they don't have grace or dignity or intelligence). Cheers Brett. And what has brought on this latest gracious, dignified, intelligent riposte?