PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Release Dutch Star's

palace & proud
26-05-2004, 12:21 AM
I cant beleive what im ready at the moment,are they Crazy for the Following read below:

Barcelona have AXED their Dutch Quartet Patrick Kluivert,Marc Overmars,Phillip Cocu,and Michael Reiziger.Turkish International Goalkeeper Rusta Recbar will also LEAVE as the spanish side seek to reduce the wage bill.

Edgar Davids,On loan from Juventus,Is having talks with boss Frank Rijkaard about a full time Contract.Meanwhile,Midfielder Giovanni Van Bronckhorst has completed a Permanent move from Arsenal after being on loan since the Summer of 2003.

Whats your views on them players getting AXED!

P.S - Mr jordan here's your chance to get youe cheque book out ready for the Premiership.. :D LOL

Wingy_CPFC
26-05-2004, 12:30 AM
Hehe, I wish!

AJ
26-05-2004, 12:32 AM
The combined monthly salary of those 4 is proabably more than Palace paid for AJ!

Slimbloke'H'
26-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by palace & proud
P.S - Mr jordan here's your chance to look at what rubbish is going on around Europe, and confirm your belief in what's going on around Palace at the moment...

The Omen
26-05-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm surprised they had to release players like Kluivert and Overmars. I would've thought someone would have been willing to pay a bit of money for players of that quality (although I've never rated Kluivert).

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Good move, I think. Kluivert should've been shipped out a while ago and Reizeger and Cocu are getting on a bit. Bit harsh on Overmars but paying those wages for a bench player is probably a bit daft. Every chance Jordan is looking to bring him to Palace if Julian Gray leaves.

26-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Did they actually release them? To me it seemed as if they have just told them they are not wanted anymore and are up for sale.

brighton_eagle
26-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by AJ
The combined monthly salary of those 4 is proabably more than Palace paid for AJ!

Almost certainly since we didn't pay anything for AJ - he was a makeweight in the Clinton transfer. :)

adrenalin john
26-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Kluivert is on over 100k a week!

PoolKing
26-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Why are they getting rid of the Turkish Keeper Rustu??? Their defence and goalkeeper have always been weak but Rustu is a great keeper!

El Aguila
26-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Kluivert and Overmars haven't been kicked out - the club's told them they will listen to offers. Cocu refused a new contract at a reduced salary. They've signed a new right back, Belletti from Villareal, and offered Reiziger a new contract at one million a year (from three). Rustu counts as a foreigner (you're only allowed two on the pitch as of next season, who would be Saviola and Ronaldinho, with Marquez on the bench) and Valdés has had a really good season; Rustu is too good to be a sub but he won't get in the team (and Valdés is only about 22).

Sick Bucket
26-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I live in Barcelona and go to the camp Nou, Kluivert is the biggest waste of time and money in footballl, the guy is a total joke and is very unpopular here. Overmars hasn´t really impressed that much and is getting on a bit, the other 2 I am surprised about Reiziger has been pretty consistent this season and Cocu hs been captain since Puyol (who I think is a truely world class centre back) has been injured. I believe the Turkish keeper is 3rd choice at the moment.

Latvian Eagle
26-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Rustu hasn't even been making the bench has he? I'm sure for the last 3-4 months that Albert Jorquera has been on the bench?

El Aguila
26-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Jorquera is the first reserve.
I think they're going to try to "nationalise" Saviola this summer because you will only be permitted two "foreigners" on the pitch, and one on the bench (and I think they're after a Brazilian centre forward). It was a dumb idea to sign a goalie from a non-EU country, really.

El Aguila
26-05-2004, 11:40 AM
I think they're right to get rid of all these players, except maybe Cocu, but if Davids doesn't sign Puyol, at 26, will be the oldest player in the squad!

Strathclyde Eagle
26-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by PoolKing
Why are they getting rid of the Turkish Keeper Rustu??? Their defence and goalkeeper have always been weak but Rustu is a great keeper!
I can't remember exactly what the story was, but earlier in the season the young goalkeeper Barcelona were playing was thought to be playing better than Rustu. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of Spanish football can remember what the story was.

Lee B
26-05-2004, 11:51 AM
The young Spanish keeper (who's name escapes me) has been playing out of his socks since Xmas. They say that they may have (finally) found a successor to Zubizeretta.

Rustu doesn't speak Spanish, and so hasn't been able to communicate withthe back 4, he's out as he's not played regularly since October (ready to be corrected there).

Not surprised about them letting the 4 Dutch lads go, it's either wage demands or fitful performances.

If they don't sign Davids though it'll be the biggest mistake since they gave Kluivert a new contract. I hear the problem might be wages there as well though.

Elephant with mouse gyp
26-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Is this two non-EC thing why Real Madrid are getting shot of Roberto Carlos? Which team will be most affected, do you think? Deportivo have recruited plenty from South America in recent years.

Barcelona also have the Motta to think about.

El Aguila
26-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Elephant with mouse gyp
Is this two non-EC thing why Real Madrid are getting shot of Roberto Carlos? Which team will be most affected, do you think? Deportivo have recruited plenty from South America in recent years.

Barcelona also have the Motta to think about.
OK, at least someone is reading my informative posts (Barça's goalie is called Victor Valdés.) Motta is Italo-Brazilian, he has an EU permit, so no problem there; the rule has been in effect this year but you could have three non-EU players on the pitch at any given time, and one on the bench. Next year that will be reduced.
I hadn't thought that about Roberto Carlos; who else have they got? Ronaldo, Cambiasso and Solari, off the top of my head. I don't know if either of the Argentinians has dual nationality - a lot of Argies do.

dave_who_ru
26-05-2004, 01:01 PM
No surprises here. Well if you get paid £100k a week (£5m a year plus endorsements) so what if you don't really want to put the effort in for the 90 minute weekly runout. OK a few thousand fans might slag you off but what do they know about football. Kluivert joins a long list of players with an attitude problem. Bigger than the game. Look at Viduka, £20k a week for image rights! and a don't care less attitude. The game is better off without them.

El Aguila
26-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I can't think of any number 9s who do more work for the team than Kluivert. That said, I agree it's time for him to go.

Latvian Eagle
26-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Solari has Argentine/Spanish dual Nationality.

nicknewell
26-05-2004, 01:14 PM
sounds like barcalona are seriously going down hill, those players are the backbone of their team, they will be nothing without them!!!!

palace & proud
28-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Middlesborough are holding talks to sign Patrick Kluivert.If he does play in the Premeriship next season you wreckon he be up there in the scoring Chart?

El Aguila
28-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by nicknewell
sounds like barcalona are seriously going down hill, those players are the backbone of their team, they will be nothing without them!!!!
I don't think so. They haven't won a trophy for five years.

GreatGonzo
28-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Cocu is past it.

kluivert hasn't done as well as the other strikers and is on a lot.

Reisinger is getting on and paid a lot

marc overmars is not getting a lot of football is paid a lot and getting on

Rustu is not playing

All understandable really

JamieBcpfc
28-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Real
Forwards-Raul, Ronaldo Non EU
Midfielders-Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Cambiasso Non EU, Guti
Defenders-Solari, Roberto Carlos Non EU Helguera
Goalkeeper-Casillas

Add too it

nicky
30-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by palace & proud
Middlesborough are holding talks to sign Patrick Kluivert.If he does play in the Premeriship next season you wreckon he be up there in the scoring Chart?

If he joins Middlesborough, then no.