PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Huddersfield!

Shipp Ahoy!
31-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I would like to wish Huddersfield the best of luck in today's division 3 Play Off final. The main reason I would like to see them win is because if Stockport had of gone differently it could well have been us!

I do feel some level of sorrow for Huddersfield though I am glad it was them and not us! Now look where we are :) What a long way!

So good luck to all at Hudderfield F.C. :p

917L
31-05-2004, 02:26 PM
listening to ther the fans sound like the wham of div3. Come on Mansfield!

PhilD
31-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah good luck to them. One of my mates supports them and it hasn't been an easy few years for them since we stayed up at their expense. I've been to a few of their games this season and their away support is very good. I went to Orient and they took close to 2k, excellent when it's such a long trip down. I was also at Cheltenham on the last day when they only needed to equal the result achieved by Torquay to go up. The drew after conceding a late goal so I really hope they do it today.

Gooders
31-05-2004, 04:41 PM
I'd like to see Huddersfield make it. They've had a tough time of it for the last few years.

greybot
31-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I was justing saying to my mate today I want Huddersfield to win for the exact same reasons as Shipp Ahoy. So "COME ON HUDDERSFIELD!!"

Ruskin Old Boy
31-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Had hoped Huddesfield would win - looks like extra time

PhilD
31-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Huddersfield win on penalties!

Feel sorry for Mansfield, but perhaps Lawrence shouldn't have been so cocky with his spot kick.

celery stick
31-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Wanted Huddersfield for their long suffering fans, but it would've been weird if Mansfield won it.

Palace Br*ghton Mansfield

The same three teams who were promoted together from div 3 in 1977.

Ahem, I'll get my anorak. . .

julian
31-05-2004, 07:09 PM
i have a bit of a soft one for 'udders as lived there for couple of years. met the wife there too! well done huddersfield.....

maestro
31-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I wanted Mansfield to win, their my second team, my grandad used to be a season ticket holder, seen them play a few times!

There young centre back Baptise looks excellent, only 18 aswell!

BaldEagle96
31-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Mansfield were by far the better team and had far more chances - however they did not take them and then messed up their pens.

Haven't seen the close up of the disallowed goal but can anyone who has confirm that the ball had crossed the line for a goal kick?

samtheeagle
31-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Was talking to a hudders fan at my campsite and he seemed like a nice guy so i supported them today.