PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roberts - Kevin Muscat Text Sex Shocker

Pear
06-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Thought you might be interested as they're both ex-Palace...

Scandal at Millwall (http://www.people.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=14306992&method=full&siteid=55768)

davematt
06-06-2004, 10:29 AM
I heard about this the other day. Very Funny!

c_block_lad
06-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Good. Never liked Roberts, might have something to do with him refusing to sign an autograph for me when I was about 6 or 7 at Carshalton Atheltic in a friendly.

Skin Up
06-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Gawd, I wouldn't like to piss off Muscat, what will it be like if they play against each other next season.

Isle of Wight
06-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Hah I hope Mr Muscat is feeling as grubby as the way he plays football.!

Trilby
06-06-2004, 10:43 AM
"Roberts is a sexual predator. He needs counselling."

Funniest thing Ive heard in ages!

AndyStreet
06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Superb :D

RDSdaEAGLE
06-06-2004, 11:26 AM
That really is a classic story :D

Benzhiyi
06-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Couldn't have happened to two nicer blokes. :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I heard the story the other way around, Muscat was caught with Robbo's other half.

JamieBcpfc
06-06-2004, 06:28 PM
okay seen this now
SEX TXT PEST SOCCER STAR GIVEN BOOT Jun 6 2004

Cup fury over teammate's wife

By David Jeffs

SOCCER star Andy Roberts is being given the boot by Millwall after being caught bombarding a teammate's wife with filthy texts days before the FA Cup final.

Married Roberts, 30, sent the sexually explicit phone messages to Alex Muscat, wife of his best friend Kevin Muscat.

Stunned Alex responded to the texts - afraid to tell her husband until he stumbled on them by accident.

Tough-tackling Australian international Muscat, 28, confronted her and she admitted they secretly exchanged messages.

But she insisted they had never even secretly met up let alone had a sexual relationship.

The furious defender angrily called Roberts. But the midfielder, whose wife Lee-Anne was pregnant with their first baby, denied sending the texts.

Former Wolves and Rangers star Muscat then reported him to Millwall manager Dennis Wise and his assistant Ray Wilkins.

The clash was kept completely secret during preparations for the First Division club's biggest ever game - the Cup Final against Manchester United last month.

Wise told The People yesterday: "I'm not prepared to discuss personal details of my team, but there was a meeting with two players.

"I told one of them he had abused the trust of a teammate and they can no longer work together. I asked him to find another club."

A Millwall insider added: "Dennis was furious and read Roberts the riot act. He was banned from training. Although he has not been sacked he must now find another club."

Millwall lost the final 3-0, with Muscat out injured. The insider said both Roberts was ordered to stay away from Millwall's Cup HQ. The club insider added: "Roberts is a sexual predator. He needs counselling. He got hold of Alex's mobile number after Kevin borrowed his phone to call her one night when they were out together drinking. Andy sent her dozens of messages. Some were filthy. He tried to lure her into a relationship. He is a disgrace to his family and has some apologising to do."

The two players and their wives were close friends and used to go out together and hold parties at each others homes in Kent.

Ex-Crystal Palace and Wimbledon star Roberts' wife Lee-Anne is an actress who appeared in steamy TV drama Footballer's Wives.

They looked to be having a heated row in the garden of their detached home earlier this week. Lee-Anne threw binbags full of clothes into the back of a Ford mini-bus and left with their seven-week-old daughter Summer.

The couple are now on holiday in Thailand. Roberts told The People: "I've heard the stories but I've got nothing to say." Lee-Anne said: "I've seen the texts and their content certainly wasn't sexual.

"We're enjoying a holiday. Does that look like a family in crisis to you?"

Muscat, who is in Australia with Alex, 28, declined to comment.

18mcpalace
06-06-2004, 07:14 PM
2 Millwall players in personal dissaray - it does not bother me in the slightest. Whether they are ex-Palace or not, I really can't feel sympathy for them - especially as it seems so self-inflicted.

Gavin Axten
06-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Oh dear, Roberts is a good mate of my cousins, he was at his wedding. I'm going to give him a call an dto make sure his missues stays well out of his way.Also better tell him to check his wifes mobile :D

maestro
06-06-2004, 07:48 PM
When i read the title i thought they'd been texting each other! lol

BUNGLE
06-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
I heard the story the other way around, Muscat was caught with Robbo's other half.

So did I....

selhurstparkflyer
06-06-2004, 10:01 PM

Maybe he has?

Smurph
07-06-2004, 10:09 AM
"I told one of them he had abused the trust of a teammate and they can no longer work together. I asked him to find another club."

A Millwall insider added: "Dennis was furious and read Roberts the riot act. He was banned from training. Although he has not been sacked he must now find another club."

This is a bit rich coming from Wise. What would he have done if he'd thumped him...?

Pub Idol
07-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Andy Roberts is Ships best mate I believe.

Psychokiller
07-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Smurph

This is a bit rich coming from Wise. What would he have done if he'd thumped him...?

I agree. Two faced little tosser!

GOD
07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by maestro
When i read the title i thought they'd been texting each other! lol

That is the only way this story could be any funnier than it is :o

Jim Cannon
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Sorry if this has already been brought up but....

So who read the story about our former player in the People yesterday?

For those of you who didn't it seems that Andy has been shown the door by our friends in Bermondsey due to harassing his (ex) friend Kevin Muscat's wife. Apparently he got hold of her mobile number and started exchanging explicit text messages with her. Muscat stumbled over this by chance and confronted him. Roberts apparently then denied it and so KM reported him to DW & RW who promptly told him he would have to find another club!!

c_block_lad
07-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Already a thread on this...

;)

elliott
07-06-2004, 12:55 PM
you beat me

LLCOOLSTEVE
07-06-2004, 06:45 PM
And its not true, so ive heard.

Panman268
07-06-2004, 06:50 PM

Since when have we let the truth get in the way of a good story? :o

magician
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
as my missus is millwasll i've seen all the cup final photos , only senior player missing from the squad photos is andy roberts , wasn't in cardiff . all the other players injured or suspended were in attendance
seems strange if nothing happened, maybe they.ve only just sussed that he is a overweight waster

AJ
08-06-2004, 12:05 AM

I could believe that as I am sure Muscat is the kind of nutter who would have just gone around to AR's house and beat the crap of him with a cricket bat:eek:

we_8_brighton
08-06-2004, 10:16 AM
LOL its a good story.

StevePlus
08-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Just before I found this thread I watched the video of the 1997 play off final against Sheffield United. Two things struck me about Muscat. First, if he is 28 now, he would only have been 21 then. He certainly didn't look that young. The second point is that he wasn't at all a dirty player - I don't think that he even conceded a free kick. When did he change?

Ardent Eagle Forever
08-06-2004, 07:38 PM
When he left Palace.

Boy does Roberts like living life on the edge, which is suprising cos when he was with us, he was too bloody laid back.

Hopefully he will get a job with another first division outfit next season,
I can just see the headline now'Roberts in horror crunch tackle, Muscat strikes again!!!!'

Kirby
09-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Haha quality :D :lux:

Aussie_Eagle
09-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Muscat has been a thug since he was at the Australian Institute of Sport. I know some people that had the mispleasure or refereeing him back then...

Pub Idol
09-06-2004, 07:28 AM
When we signed him there was big piece about him in the advertiser. It mentioned he was born in Crawley and he would kick his own Granny. Never thought he was that naughty for Palace but he probably was.

PhillyEagle
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Any update: is Roberts still with Millwall?

Simon A
11-08-2004, 12:40 PM
The bit that strikes me as laughable is the assertion 'stunned Alex responded'. I assume that for it to have got this far she was far from stunned and moreover positively encouraged him rather than sending one back saying 'f-off you saddo before I show these to your wife, my husband and the manager'.

Takes two to tango.

Ruskin Old Boy
11-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Roberts allegedly having a 4th knee op - this post comes from their BBS:

"Any insurance assessor worth his salt will be able to distinguish between a football related injury and an hammer across the knee caps. End of insurance claim"