PDA

View Full Version : "Grand End Of Season Draw"?

GB
29-04-2001, 01:01 AM
Did I miss it? I had to nip off to the toilet at half time and when I returned to my seat (5mins later) I saw no evidence of a 'Grand Draw' taking place. according to my ticket and in the programme it was due to take place at half time today.

Did it happen???

Ruskin Old Boy
29-04-2001, 01:16 AM
Yes it did...try the club's web page or phone on Monday and tell Smith to p*** off while you're on the phone. Thank you for calling....

slowdog
29-04-2001, 01:20 AM
Yeah, it did happen.

Anyone notice the thing about 5th prize? It was 25 autographed footballs, and I assumed it meant that 25 people would win a football each. But actually one person won all 25! What the f... is the bloke going to do with 25 footballs?!?!

Santos-er
29-04-2001, 05:38 AM
boot them as hard as he can at smiths' head?

James
29-04-2001, 05:42 AM
Did I hear right when this was announced. I think I heard the name 'Alan Russell'... surely not?

arussell
29-04-2001, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by slowdog:
But actually one person won all 25! What the f... is the bloke going to do with 25 footballs?!?!

I'm going to start my own football team and teach them how to play football - then I'll replace all the players at Palace with this properly trained and motivated team !

Yes James - you did hear right !

Spikemeister
29-04-2001, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by arussell:
I'm going to start my own football team and teach them how to play football - then I'll replace all the players at Palace with this properly trained and motivated team !

Yes James - you did hear right !

Brilliant......what an absurd prize.... to give one individual 25 footballs.. !

Only at Palace......!

arussell
29-04-2001, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Spikemeister:
Only at Palace......!

Yup. I only want one signed one - I don't need 25 of the damn things !

No doubt (as I've already been asked !) - they'll be some BBS-er's who can have one off me !

Steve in Phoenix
29-04-2001, 10:41 AM
25 autographed footballs.. LMAO

Is it one name per football? Or the whole squad signed every single one? Perhaps they spend training signing footballs as a Jordan attempt to generate new revenue streams.

Steve in Phoenix
29-04-2001, 10:42 AM
How did you get them home?? I hope you have a truck. And a spare garage going. This gets funnier the more I think about it. I think Im hysterical after the result today.

Kevin T
29-04-2001, 12:05 PM
They were probably all signed by a YTS boy using an autograph sheet anyway, I wouldn't get too excited.