PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bright for Palace helm

Riccardo
29-04-2001, 03:45 AM
Mark Bright today has offered his services to chairman Simon Jordan.................right everyone who's seen this on the main page is probably reading, so what does everyone think of MB as Palace's No.1 next season ?

Following on from Passport's thread of what a nice geezer he is, and how much he still likes Palace, isn't he worth a try ?

At least he won't be spouting on about leaving his dream job at Fulham (Alan Smith, 28/04/01, Capital Gold 1548AM).

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Riccardo on 28 April 2001 at 23:49</font>

2can
29-04-2001, 03:47 AM
Sign him up now, even if it is on a tempory basis! Anyones better than youknowwho.

Might be able to give our forwards some shooting practice.

I was called 'Worried'
29-04-2001, 03:49 AM
Where does it say that?

Riccardo
29-04-2001, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by I was called 'Worried':
Where does it say that?

That's the point, I'm making a personal question into a news item....no-one ever usually replies to anything I post so I'd thought I'd give it a try !

Dave Nunn
29-04-2001, 03:52 AM
Can't be any worse than you know who!

I'm drowning my sorrows with London Pride..

------------------
The Glazier

SPEEDYEAGLE
29-04-2001, 03:54 AM
Give him a go. I'd prefer him to Sanchez.
We've got nothing to lose anyway.

I was called 'Worried'
29-04-2001, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Riccardo:
Mark Bright today has offered his services to chairman Simon Jordan..................

No mate. Where DOES IT SAY THAT?

Are you telling the truth? I'm too pissed to notice.

Riccardo
29-04-2001, 03:59 AM
Sorry mate, no, it's absolute fiction. Hence the question, what do you think ? I've run out of cigs and will have to go to bed soon. As I don't want to walk to the Petrol Station in Seven Dials with my Palace top on. Actually, sod it. It'll be a laugh.

Gerry from Sussex
29-04-2001, 04:10 AM
Not bothered whether this is fact or fiction. Mark Bright - ace player and top bloke but we don't need any harking back to former heroes (not even the great sir Steve).

The club has gone belly up big time and a completely fresh start is the only answer.

JohnA
29-04-2001, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex:
Not bothered whether this is fact or fiction. Mark Bright - ace player and top bloke but we don't need any harking back to former heroes

Totally agree with the edited quotation.

However, Coppell is not looking back but looking forward. He is capable, knowledgable, respected, hardworking, intelligent, honourable & decent. Moreover he was more loved by the fans than Jordan (not a wise career move).

However such attributes in a manager are alien to Simon "the club is safe in my hands" Jordan (Lucky he didn't become an airline pilot after selling Pocket Phone Shop at the height of a speculative share price "bubble")

Santos-er
29-04-2001, 05:06 AM
i was gonna suggest the bloke from Rotherham... then I remembered Rotherham will be a division above us next season! http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/frown.gif

Gerry from Sussex
29-04-2001, 03:09 PM
JohnA - actually I agree with you that Sir Steve would still be a progressive move. But, the fact is that both he and Jordon agree that they cannot work together so it just ain't going to happen. In the light of that, a new start is the only positive thing we can look forward to.

Passport
29-04-2001, 03:15 PM
This thread sucks.

The bloke has not even met SJ. I know this cos he told me himself on Friday. He's also not interested in management and is happy working for the BBC. Just because he played for us, why would he make a good manager?

jimmyb
29-04-2001, 03:40 PM
I think we need a more experienced coach long term. But yes , an England schoolboy reserve would still be peferable to what we have now.

Up the Palace
29-04-2001, 11:49 PM
YES! give the man the job. he'd be such a good manager

Psychokiller
29-04-2001, 11:51 PM
I can't see Brighty giving up a lucrative media career to take over a second division team, no matter how much affection he has for the club and it's fans.

Riccardo
30-04-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Passport:
This thread sucks.

The bloke has not even met SJ. I know this cos he told me himself on Friday. He's also not interested in management and is happy working for the BBC. Just because he played for us, why would he make a good manager?

If this thread does suck Passport it's your fault as you 'inspired' me. I know he's got a good job working for BBC, but it was a thought. You've obivously had your views in the past, I think I'm entitled to mine. A fresh start and all that.....

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
30-04-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Dave Nunn:
Can't be any worse than you know who!

I'm drowning my sorrows with London Pride..

Yo Bro hows your hammer hanging! Crack open the Champer's tonight!

------------------
Incorporating the "Angry Twin" & "SMITH OUT Inc"

SelhurstSuperstar
30-04-2001, 04:12 AM
Yeah we'll have him, he was good when he was here and when he is a pundit on T.V occasionally i aggree with nearly all his views, he would be great as a coach, but may not be disciplined enough to be a manager, Stuart Pearce is the idal man for that job, in my view.