View Full Version : Lee McCulluch?
24-08-2000, 03:00 PM
Has anyone else heard that us and Barnsley are trying to buy him from Motherwell? The report I read is that he's a striker and would cost just under a million. It also said we are after the Motherwell left back (can't remember his name) Anyone know if he's any good?
24-08-2000, 03:15 PM
Now thats a good shout. Nice one. He's apparently a typical british centre forward, i.e. he puts himself about a bit, AND he scores goals. Craig Brown was talking about calling him up last season. Could be a good buy. Steve McMillan is the left back I think. Don't know much about him, but hes in the Scottish U21 squad, although what that says I don't know, but does this suggest that the Harrison deal isn't cut and dried, or maybe we want the cover and we are going to get rid of Frampton?
- Yay! -
24-08-2000, 03:38 PM
Bert Head always had a fair crop of Sweaty Socks in the side, much better than all these fancy dan foreigners. http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif
24-08-2000, 06:50 PM
Sounds like McCulloch might be a bit like the Scot striker we tried to sign about 3 years ago who chose to go to Leeds instead. Never made it there, went out on loan to a Nationwide club, and seems to have disappeared.
Names just come back to me....Derek Lilley.
24-08-2000, 06:54 PM
Any relation to Andy McCulloch.
If so, forget it !!!
25-08-2000, 04:04 AM
BRING BACK SUN!
25-08-2000, 04:15 AM
Have seen McCulloch a few times on Sky and he is not the sort of player I'd want to see.
He's all yellow cards, elbows and whinging.
25-08-2000, 04:32 AM
Ah-ha! My specialised subject. I had a Motherwell fan e-mailing me a few weeks ago saying about this, although I had heard nothing (and still haven't).
A few things I can point out though.
1) McCulloch isn't a bad player, but he's become a far better one since he's been playing alongside John Spencer (i.e. experienced partner).
2) McCulloch is a regular visitor to Palace... sorry, Hamilton Palace nightclub.
3) McCulloch fits under the "young" and "potential" tags. He has scored against the better teams up here (Rangers, Celtic and Hearts) but not as often as Billy Dodds used to (before he joined Rangers obviously).
4) McMillan is the real deal. I'm a real fan of his on the occasions I've seen him at Fir Park. I've heard his name linked with a number of clubs over quite a time though and I'm not sure I see any reason why he should move now.
5) Motherwell, since the take over by John Boyle, are no longer a selling club. If we do want them we'd have to pay the going rate.
6) The going rate in Scotland is still an awful lot cheaper than the going rate in England. If McCulloch were playing in England someone would have put a daft £4M price tag on his head by now.
Strathclyde Eagles Prediction League
vBulletin v3.5.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.