PDA

View Full Version : Palace on sky maybe?

paul of palace
30-04-2001, 10:33 PM
Sky sports website says either the Palace-Portsmouth game or the blackburn-preston game will be on?
I feel we should all email sky to get them to show the Palace game as many people cannot get there.

I was called 'Worried'
30-04-2001, 10:35 PM
Sorry about shouting, but PLEASE PLAY THE PALACE-PORTSMOUTH GAME ON WEDNESDAY! PLEASE!!!!

------------------
My Yahoo messenger name is 'an_increadably_confused_person' if anyone wants to talk about Palace, and my MSN messenger address is 'michael.clement@talk21.com'

Prince Phillip
30-04-2001, 10:45 PM
P of P
You've done me by two minutes as I've posted the same thing in Ticket/Travel section

Seems that the Wolves/Bolton result is the deciding factor

DanishEagle
30-04-2001, 10:47 PM
Why do they not just show both anyway?! They are quite happy to do it at other times aren't they?
Either way I'm sure they will kep a VERY close eye on the other match.

NO1FAN
01-05-2001, 02:42 AM
When will we find out?

------------------
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/lach.gif

markholmes1991
01-05-2001, 02:48 AM
We won't find out until late tomorrow night/or early wed morning. It all hinges on tomorrow nights result between wolves/bolton result & sky will then take it from there

NO1FAN
01-05-2001, 02:52 AM
Cheers

CK
01-05-2001, 03:50 AM
bloke that runs my local reckons he's been told they can show either??

HMMMMMMM

------------------
Bert Head What a tactician!

TARRING EAGLE
01-05-2001, 04:31 AM
They've got to show pompey v palace, i'm pretty sure pompey have never won a game which has been live on tv. If sky show it we're half way to safety.

Bud Eagle
01-05-2001, 04:56 AM
Doh...you've gone and jinxed it now.

------------------
I hope you like. I like!

Palace Don
01-05-2001, 12:26 PM
I'll try and find out what is going on today, as I work at Sky Sports. I think they may well show the Palace game.

CK
01-05-2001, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Palace Don:
I'll try and find out what is going on today, as I work at Sky Sports. I think they may well show the Palace game.

Any news????????

------------------
Bert Head What a tactician!

DanishEagle
01-05-2001, 02:08 PM

As you work there can't you beat someone up or do whatever to make them show it.

Unfortunately I cannot go to Pompey and I'm in deep sh** at home as it is my Birthday tomorrow and they want to take me out, although it now depends on SKY showing the game or not.
If it is the case I suppose they would just have to take me to a nice establishment with SKY!!! http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Gazza1
01-05-2001, 02:17 PM
Palace game will only be shown IF Wolves beat Bolton tonight. This would mean that Blackburn are promoted.

If Wolves do NOT win, then Blackburn game will be shown as they will need point(s) for promotion.

Fat Andy
01-05-2001, 02:26 PM
Portsmouth's record in front of the Sky cameras is P 14 L 12 D 2

100% Palace
01-05-2001, 02:26 PM
Its not as if Blackburn have been live on Sky twice in the last week, is it?
Oh, sorry, they have.
Disgraceful.

Ansmith
01-05-2001, 02:34 PM
Sky never show relegation games in Div 1, only play off and sure fire promotion games. Lets face it Bolton and Blackburn are likely to draw a bigger audience, than our 11 year old complimentary ticket holding supporters.

Palace Don
01-05-2001, 02:39 PM
Have been told by one of the Technical Directors, that the decision will indeed not be made until tomorrow AM, cos the camera crews have to know as early as possible. However, he gave me a hint that it will be the Palace game, especially as Blackburn have been on recently.

NO1FAN
01-05-2001, 03:08 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but people are saying that Blackburn have been on recently and they have but so have Portsmouth so what the hell has that got to do with anything.

Chris K
01-05-2001, 03:17 PM
It makes no difference to me as I'll be there.

Papster
01-05-2001, 03:20 PM
I hope to be there, if it's on sky then I've got a backup plan http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/smile.gif

Palace Don
01-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Yep, I'll be there. Would rather be there than watch on tellly.

DanishEagle
01-05-2001, 09:15 PM
Have been told by one of the Technical Directors, that the decision will indeed not be made until tomorrow AM, cos the camera crews have to know as early as possible. However, he gave me a hint that it will be the Palace game, especially as Blackburn have been on recently.

What was the hint then?!

walderslade eagle
01-05-2001, 09:25 PM
Help! I'm stuck on a course in Bracknell, and staying over on the way to Wokingham. Does anybody know the area and can point me to a hostelry that might show the game tomorrow ?(providing that they pick Palace that is) Any help much appreciated, and if there are other fans out this way who may be meeting up to watch, I'd be interested in meeting up so that I can watch amongst fellow Palace sufferers.

Levski
01-05-2001, 10:21 PM
Can't beleive pompey's record in Sky games. Ours isn't that bad is it? The only major embarrassments I can think of are losing to Wimblescum 0-3 and Liverpoo 0-5.

Some top results we've had on Sky:
Sunderland 2-1, Liverpool 2-1, QPR 3-0, Wolves 4-1, and lots of solid(ish) results Sheff Utd 1-0, Barnsely 1-0.

Of course none of this has any relevance for tomorrow. I hope it's not on tv, that way more fans will be tempted to come. LET'S GET A SELL-OUT.

lightweight
01-05-2001, 10:45 PM
I think most people will have already decided whether to go to the game or not before the decision is made to show on sky

be nice for the people who can't get there - if we win it'll be nice to see it after as well..

Fat Andy
01-05-2001, 10:47 PM
I really don't want it to be on Sky for one reason, every year when you watch a relegation match I always laugh at the fans distraught at the end of the game, and I think that will be us this time.

Eagles Fan
01-05-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Gazza1:
Palace game will only be shown IF Wolves beat Bolton tonight. This would mean that Blackburn are promoted.
C'mon u Wolves!!!

Ollie Ox
02-05-2001, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by walderslade eagle:
Help! I'm stuck on a course in Bracknell, and staying over on the way to Wokingham. Does anybody know the area and can point me to a hostelry that might show the game tomorrow ?(providing that they pick Palace that is) Any help much appreciated, and if there are other fans out this way who may be meeting up to watch, I'd be interested in meeting up so that I can watch amongst fellow Palace sufferers.

Inside sources (sorry i can't name names as someone could lose their job ) say 'The Ship' in Wokingham is a good pub to watch footie in .

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Ollie Ox on 01 May 2001 at 21:38</font>

slowdog
02-05-2001, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Fat Andy:
I really don't want it to be on Sky for one reason, every year when you watch a relegation match I always laugh at the fans distraught at the end of the game, and I think that will be us this time.

Can't remember if it was Sky or BBC, but they showed a distraught fan after Saturday's match against Wolves. Looked like someone in the Holmesdale. Anyone know who he is?

slowdog
02-05-2001, 03:11 AM
Sorry if you know this already, but it was announced that Sky are showing the Blackburn game tomorrow night.

Palace Don
02-05-2001, 03:57 AM
Yep, sorry folks, they changed their mind at last minute.

An excuse to buy a ticket and get down and support the lads I suspect?

Brumie Allan
02-05-2001, 05:25 AM
That'll teach me not to read threads from page one!

I was getting all excited then I got to page Three............

laps
02-05-2001, 01:09 PM
oh Knakers!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/frown.gif

Bomber Del
02-05-2001, 02:12 PM
Do we know if Sky are televising the game anyway and if they intend to pop over for the relevant moments, i.e. Clinton's hat-trick!!

soogee
02-05-2001, 02:37 PM
Ireally hope they they try and show some coverage, asthis game is still megaxxxxx

NRM
02-05-2001, 02:50 PM
I think Capital Gold are covering the game tonight. Jonathon Pearce said on Saturday that he would be at Fratton Park on Wednesday for our game, although I know they are also concentrating on the Leeds game.

Not TV but better than nothing.

Daddy Long
02-05-2001, 03:27 PM
I can't believe Sky. I have e-mailed them to complain...fat good that will do. I've had my fill of Blackburn over the last few weeks...share it around for God's sake! Blackburn and Preston are both guaranteed a play-off place at worst and so will be given even more air time in weeks to come. Palace Pompey is a crunch game...loser likely to get relegated. What are they on?

slowdog
02-05-2001, 03:38 PM
Sky are usually quite good in the midweek on the Skysports.com tv channel showing bits of action just after it's happened.

Man of Kent
02-05-2001, 05:46 PM
I remarked to my flat mate onlt the other day that Blackburn are the Man Utd. of the First division, everytime they get a chance to show them they will.

Still it's only sour grapes.. http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/frown.gif

Prince Phillip
03-05-2001, 04:19 AM
I'm sure that they'll balance the books by showing the Stockport game as one of their two choices on Sunday.

Presenter's first words: "We're here at Edgley Park to see if the Kember miracle can continue...... http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

NO1FAN
03-05-2001, 04:33 AM
i hope so but i doubt it

NO1FAN
03-05-2001, 04:34 AM
i hope so but i doubt it