PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Thomas


TC EAGLE
03-05-2001, 11:43 AM
Firstly WELL DONE YOU EAGLES BLINDING RESULT AND PERFORMANCE, Read the SUN'S report on last nite's match last paragraph it stated that Geoff Thomas is in the frame for Palace manager. Your views

Stephenson Soundbyter
03-05-2001, 11:44 AM
Total rubbish

Buster
03-05-2001, 11:58 AM
It has got to be a SUN windup!

Mr_Optimistic
03-05-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TC EAGLE:
Firstly WELL DONE YOU EAGLES BLINDING RESULT AND PERFORMANCE, Read the SUN'S report on last nite's match last paragraph it stated that Geoff Thomas is in the frame for Palace manager. Your views

Yeah I'll second that....brilliant performance from the whole team. Must have had 75% posession, probably more and played like promotion candidates.

Can't see what Thomas has that would interest SJ.

Ruskin Old Boy
03-05-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by TC EAGLE:
Firstly WELL DONE YOU EAGLES BLINDING RESULT AND PERFORMANCE, Read the SUN'S report on last nite's match last paragraph it stated that Geoff Thomas is in the frame for Palace manager. Your views

The Sun isn't a Newspaper
It's a very poor comic for grown-ups

RednBlue
03-05-2001, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TC EAGLE:
Firstly WELL DONE YOU EAGLES BLINDING RESULT AND PERFORMANCE, Read the SUN'S report on last nite's match last paragraph it stated that Geoff Thomas is in the frame for Palace manager. Your views

What's wrong with the manager we've got?

Glaws Eagle
03-05-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy:
The Sun isn't a Newspaper
It's a very poor comic for grown-ups



When I buy the Sun I wrap a Fiesta around it I'm so embarassed!

paf
03-05-2001, 01:29 PM
I buy The Sun everyday. 5 or 6 people in this office come to my desk to borrow it every day.

I often ask, why dont you buy a copy....... 'oooh no, I couldn't do that'

It's The Sun for christ sake, not teenage anal monthly.

Palace Don
03-05-2001, 01:35 PM
Rofl

James Varcoe
03-05-2001, 01:38 PM
The Sun is the best read daily newspaper in the English speaking world.
Amongst other things it exposed Grobellbung for the cheat that he was, it has the most extensive albeit not inspired footie coverage, and it used to pay my mortgage.
Leave it alone

selhurstparkflyer
03-05-2001, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by paf:
I buy The Sun everyday. 5 or 6 people in this office come to my desk to borrow it every day.

I often ask, why dont you buy a copy....... 'oooh no, I couldn't do that'

It's The Sun for christ sake, not teenage anal monthly.



I think The Sun and is very funny.
However, I will not buy it as it owned by Rupert Murdoch. I am sure many feel like that.

As for the story about Geoff Thomas, I agree with the point that 'waht on earth has got that Steve Kember hasn't?' (unless he is gay?)

Goldfish
03-05-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by James Varcoe:
The Sun is the best read daily newspaper in the English speaking world.
Amongst other things it exposed Grobellbung for the cheat that he was, it has the most extensive albeit not inspired footie coverage, and it used to pay my mortgage.
Leave it alone

Well said Mr V. I'm sick and tired of people knocking the Sun on this board. They've got a massive exclusive on the front and back today and deserve credit.
Even those of you who may not like the content should admire its sheer professionalism.
It employs some of the best journalists in the world.

SKILLS
03-05-2001, 01:45 PM
I don't think he's got anything over Stevie Kember. Kember knows the team as they have already worked together in Coppell's time.

Bomber Del
03-05-2001, 02:10 PM
Ah yes Mr Thomas

Loyal, level headed, cool under pressure...cobblers!!

Forget about it, it's a wind up!

DUTCH
03-05-2001, 02:17 PM
No thanks, I'm still trying to remove last months copy!

Stephenson Soundbyter
03-05-2001, 02:20 PM
Looks like this Sun Exclusive has found its true level

Son of Selhurst
03-05-2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Glaws Eagle:
When I buy the Sun I wrap a Fiesta around it I'm so embarassed!



I saw a tree in Basingstoke with a Fiesta wrapped around it the other day.

Or it might have been a Peugeot...

Son of Selhurst
03-05-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst:
I saw a tree in Basingstoke with a Fiesta wrapped around it the other day.

Or it might have been a Peugeot...


Nope, definitely a tree..

Ruskin Old Boy
03-05-2001, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by James Varcoe:
The Sun is the best read daily newspaper in the English speaking world.
Amongst other things it exposed Grobellbung for the cheat that he was, it has the most extensive albeit not inspired footie coverage, and it used to pay my mortgage.
Leave it alone

Doesn't say much for the English speaking world...

...if you want to read good sports journalism have a look at L'equipe or one of the three Italian sporting dailies

selhurstparkflyer
03-05-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by James Varcoe:
The Sun is the best read daily newspaper in the English speaking world.


No, it is not.
The News of the World is http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

Bertrand
03-05-2001, 03:01 PM
i for one always look forward to buying my DAILY newspaper every Saturday ! http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif

Stephenson Soundbyter
03-05-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy:


...if you want to read good sports journalism have a look at L'equipe or one of the three Italian sporting dailies


I did and they were all in Italian Useless

walderslade eagle
03-05-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by paf:
I buy The Sun everyday. 5 or 6 people in this office come to my desk to borrow it every day.

I often ask, why dont you buy a copy....... 'oooh no, I couldn't do that'




At one of my old jobs had a similar situation bought every day, the same guy would come over to my desk, exchange pleasantries, spen some tiome reading the SUN, Tut very loudly and throw it on the desk! Yet this happened every day!

Little Matt
03-05-2001, 03:04 PM
At the risk of getting back onto the subject in hand (Geoff Thomas, NOT Teenage Anal Monthly!), is there any chance Jordan would pick someone unproven, regardless of the Palace connection? I think not.

Ruskin Old Boy
03-05-2001, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Stephenson Soundbyter:

I did and they were all in Italian Useless

Touche!

Bertrand
03-05-2001, 03:09 PM
i certainly hope SJ wouldn't pick someone as inexperienced as GT, what we need is a recognised and experienced manager who demands the players respect IMHO !

Beanie
03-05-2001, 03:13 PM
SJ has already said that he is looking for somebody with a proven track record in management. Geoff Thomas's proven record is exactly - eh , well no record proven or otherwise.

If the Sun gets anuything right today lets hope it's the arrival of Wimbledon Park Rangers, Queen's Park Wombles or whatever.

James Varcoe
03-05-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer:
No, it is not.
The News of the World is http://www.cpfc.org/ubb/wink.gif



Spf you opinionated little sh**, as already pointed out elsewhere you are wrong.
Go out and get a copy of today's News of The World and tell me what's on the front page then I'll admit I was wrong.
OK?

holmsdale homo
03-05-2001, 03:20 PM
james, everyone knows the sun pays good money, they have to dont they? why else would you work there. everyone knows the star is much better and owned by morally upright decent people

James Varcoe
03-05-2001, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by holmsdale homo:
james, everyone knows the sun pays good money, they have to dont they? why else would you work there. everyone knows the star is much better and owned by morally upright decent people

I don't work there hh

James Varcoe
04-05-2001, 04:48 AM
Oi Spf I'm waiting