PDA

View Full Version : kembers clued up?

forsells no1 fan
03-05-2001, 04:20 AM
for weeks now everybody wanted forssell back in the team and smith refused to give in to the fans and continually left him out.
kember comes in and knows his talent,puts him back in the side and hey presto!
also he realises that freedman would be suited behind the front 2 of forssell and morrison and again this was proved tonight.

kember knows players best positions and uses them to there full ability.

smith plays them out of position in an attempt to improve there 'mental toughness'

THERE IS A GOD, AND HIS NAMES STEVE KEMBER!!!!!!!!

will hung
03-05-2001, 04:22 AM
Kember knows what he's doing - 20 years ago he did a great job in saving us from the drop and getting us to the quarter finals of the FA Cup before being cheated out of it by QPR on a plastic pitch. His reward, a P45 from Uncle Ron

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-05-2001, 04:23 AM
on monday morning when he took training for the first time after smithy left he alledgedly walked out onto the pitches wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses ala alan smith...the lads all cracked up and it broke the ice, the place was buzzing after that and everyone was enjoying themselves.

top bloke is stevie kember.

Darlingtoneagle
03-05-2001, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by will hung:
Kember knows what he's doing - 20 years ago he did a great job in saving us from the drop and getting us to the quarter finals of the FA Cup before being cheated out of it by QPR on a plastic pitch. His reward, a P45 from Uncle Ron

19 years! - sorry for being pedantic!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Darlingtoneagle on 03 May 2001 at 12:45</font>

Bud Eagle
03-05-2001, 04:49 AM
Well I'm not so sure he knows what he is doing:

"I haven't had much time to work with the boys but I just said to them to go out and play football, pass the ball around and the rest would fall into place."

Oh well, suppose it works...

------------------
I hope you like. I like!

will hung
03-05-2001, 04:56 AM
gotobed Darlington Eagle - its been a long night

P.Hep
03-05-2001, 05:02 AM
Good formation, passing football and youth players involved!!! Didn't think I'd be able to say any of those things about a Palace team this season! Respect to Stevie K and to the players who never stopped running all night.

Stevie Kember for permanent manager!!!!

AJ
03-05-2001, 05:22 AM
I think his inclusion of Carlisle in a defensive role, probably has boosted the lads shattered confidence after the Liverpool game.

Also good to see he rewarded 2 of the players who did so well in last nights reserve game, by putting them on the bench.

I saw SK interviewed in Sky tonight, no idea what he was saying, but, it had something to do with Fulham and Grimsby.

sydney eagle
03-05-2001, 05:42 AM
Funny isn't it put the lads in their right positions and hey presto 4 goals(more than we've scored in the last few months)Coincidence...me thinks not.Well done Stevie Kember

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
03-05-2001, 06:32 AM
Well it was a good start, that's for sure.
If we stay up he's a God.
If we don't then he's just a good guy.

Buster
03-05-2001, 12:19 PM
I say give him a chance next season. The man has definately got it.
STEVE KEMBERS RED AND BLUE ARMY!!!

Sounds good to me!

Gerry from Sussex
03-05-2001, 09:12 PM
For those of who were around in 68/69 Kember has always been a Palace Hero. Didn't he score one of the goals that sent us up vs Fulham in the last match of the season?

PS. Does he still have a chinese restaurant in Purley and is the food any good?

jlmatthews
03-05-2001, 09:23 PM
I think Kember did the best thing that a manager with half a brain would do....put his best 11 on the field....

AJ
03-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by jlmatthews:
I think Kember did the best thing that a manager with half a brain would do....put his best 11 on the field....

I would not totally agree with that, I would say he put his best team on the field, not necessarily his best 11 players....

will hung
03-05-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by jlmatthews:

Its nice to have a manager with half a brain, although I think you do SK a disservice. He was a great player and would have made a good manager if Noades was a better judge of character.

Crystal2001
03-05-2001, 10:09 PM
I don't think Carlisle deserves a place in the best 11....should've played black or rodger. In the interview Stevie said he's hoping Fulham beat Grimsby, says Huddersfield are still in the dog fight, that he cant praise the players enough and reckons we'll win sunday.

BJ
03-05-2001, 10:20 PM
Forrsell has been desperate to play on a surface like Fratton Park all season. No wonder Palace played some good football last night. If only Selhurst could be like that. Says a lot for Kember though that Fuller wasn't anywhere near Fratton yesterday.

Symon10
03-05-2001, 11:50 PM
Where was technically supreme (NOT!!) david hopkin??

Ian
04-05-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by will hung:
SK ... would have made a good manager

He did make a good manager for the job he had to do. He took over a struggling team, deep in the relegation zone, and kept it up without spending any money. Why Noades sacked him, I'll never know. Certainly, the replacement was a total disaster.

He has the same task this time; let's hope he can repeat the result. Whether he keeps the job will I guess depend on whether SJ trusts him to spend money wisely - something in which he has no track record, either good or bad.

Some have said that SJ also wants the reflected glory of big name manager. I think you malign SJ unfairly, but if he is thinking that way, all I can say is that is Peter Ridsdale at Leeds hasn't done too badly from promoting his youth team manager!

Forever Stripes
04-05-2001, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bud Eagle:
[B]Well I'm not so sure he knows what he is doing:

"I haven't had much time to work with the boys but I just said to them to go out and play football, pass the ball around and the rest would fall into place."

Oh well, suppose it works...

Just like a certain manager at Fulham !

e-Eagle
04-05-2001, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Symon10:
Where was technically supreme (NOT!!) david hopkin??

Hoppo was actually watching the game in the stand with the Palace fans. Maybe he is injured?

sluffenuff got banned
04-05-2001, 03:05 AM
Hopkin went off against Wolves coz off a twinge somewhere or other

Bud Eagle
04-05-2001, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by BJ:
Forrsell has been desperate to play on a surface like Fratton Park all season. No wonder Palace played some good football last night. If only Selhurst could be like that.

A load of cr@p. The reason that we played good football was because we were actually passing the ball, rather than hitting the ball long over the top.

The players we have are all skillful enough to be able to pass on a bad pitch, even at Selhurst. You might not always get the perfect bounce, or you might get the odd bobble, but it doesn't stop the team passing.

------------------
I hope you like. I like!

bullsh*t on tap
04-05-2001, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE:
on monday morning when he took training for the first time after smithy left he alledgedly walked out onto the pitches wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses ala alan smith...the lads all cracked up and it broke the ice, the place was buzzing after that and everyone was enjoying themselves.

top bloke is stevie kember.

Hilarious. Kenny Sansom on Sky Sports said Kember would probably crack a few funnies to relax the team. Imagine Steve Harrison & Stevie K as a management team. It'd be a scream.

Ronski
04-05-2001, 05:51 AM
I think we have played better than last night and lost recently. Barnsley and preston aside even the games we have lost we have created umpteen chances and not stuck them away. bad luck, narrow misses and outstanding goalkeeping have been the reason we are in this dog fight in the first place. Add to that the calamitous errors at the back and we have a pattern that hasn't changed all season.

Basically, if our lucks in and our chances are converted we will always be good for 3 or 4 goals a game but recently, until portsmouth, that hadn't happened.

We gave away 2 (well maybe one) soft goals against portsmouth and if lady luck hadn't shone on us on the south coast we would have lost 2-0 to a very average team. Sound familiar. (bolton, wolves etc).

Stockport are also a very average team and if lady luck is a palace fan on sunday we'll win but I fear a great performance resulting in being unlucky is on the menu for sunday.

I hope not but I can see portsmouth beating barnsley they wont have 2 awful performances on the trot and we followed that dreadful perrormance against wolves with last nights emphatic win.

can we do it twice in a week, i don't think so.
verdict.

BRAVE PALACE PAY THE PENALTY AND PREPARE FOR LIFE IN 2ND DIVISION.

Palace miss a penalty to win at stockport while portsmouths lee bradbury slots home from 12 yards to earn a deserved win for pompey and keep them in the first division.

Tony Humphreys
04-05-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Bud Eagle:

pass the ball around

Yes, that bit was particularly worrying, I thought.