PDA

View Full Version : Don Hutchinson?

Salisbury
29-07-2004, 02:18 PM
The answer to our midfield dilemma?

West Ham man Don Hutchison may be forced to leave the club after manager Alan Pardew told him he did not suit the English Championship.
The former Liverpool and Sunderland man has had an injury-hit couple of years at Upton Park, but was hoping to play a greater role this coming term.

However, he may be forced to look elsewhere as Hammers boss Pardew seems reluctant to include him in his plans.

Hutchison says his boss has told him that he is not suited to the style of football in the Championship, but would be playing if they were in the top-flight.

"Alan told me that if West Ham were in The Premiership I'd be in," said Hutchison.

Pardew's opinion means that Hutchison will be rarely called on this season, and may feel it is better to move on as soon as possible.

andy m
29-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Once upon a time maybe. Certainly one of the best midfield players I've ever seen play. Not now though.

Beanie
29-07-2004, 02:21 PM
I think that AP is using this as a polite way of saying he's past it whilst at the same time hopefully unloading him on the unwary.

Ledge
29-07-2004, 02:34 PM
no :veryangry thanks.
Couldn't hold down a regular place a WHU in the First let alone for us in Premiership

andybontour
29-07-2004, 02:36 PM
did well in my fantasy league team when down as a midfielder at everton a couple of years back....the best thing he ever did was break his arm in the sheffield utd play off final 'cos he was looking dangerous

SHIPEAGLE
29-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes, but he is not suited to the first division!

Not suited to Palace either :hi: :clown:

ebyeeckeagle
29-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Salisbury
....Hutchison says his boss has told him that he is not suited to the style of football in the Championship, but would be playing if they were in the top-flight.
"Alan told me that if West Ham were in The Premiership I'd be in," said Hutchison...

Pardew is such a nice guy - and I dont think Hutchinson has realised the real message :D

Must use this in future myself! Beats telling them they are shit and fired.

andy m
29-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SHIPEAGLE
Not suited to Place either

I heard he's actually allergic to ALL seafood.

Is that my jacket? Thanks, bye.

we_8_brighton
29-07-2004, 02:58 PM
We do need a goal scoring midfielder but he's not the answer.

Chief Brody
29-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Definitely not. A few years ago maybe.

GOD
29-07-2004, 03:10 PM
No thanks, I've never enjoyed a Budweiser since

Palace Bear
29-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Do we really want someone whose had so many injury problems in recent years?