PDA

View Full Version : Morrison & Vaesen to sign on loan for season

Pages : [1] 2

Ben H
04-08-2004, 08:12 PM
This is true (apparently). Should be announced this week or next.

:)

AJ
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Can we have 3 players on loan from the same club?

daz_eagle
04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
how do you know that? seems unlikely given that vaesen wants to keep his family in birmingham...?

mojoeagle
04-08-2004, 08:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: If this happens I'll have a soft spot for the bluesnoses.

pallet
04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes there is a maxium allowed for loaning players not sure what it is but I think its 4/5

Stigma
04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
:eek: ehh:eek:
Would be good, if true..

917L
Originally posted by Ben H
This is true (apparently). Should be announced this week or next.
?? Vaesen is belivable, Morrison, why would he come to sit on the bench?
:)

gcwhite
I always wanted to say this.

Source?

DE GOD
so were did u hear this from

Leap of faith
04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Would be very good if true. I'd be pleased with the fact that 'when' Morrison gets injured we can 'loan' him back. Vaesen is a geezer.

ANDYEAGLE
04-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Dont belive this one where has it come from? Does anyone know the rules on loan players in premier I thought it was only two players per season could be wrong

eagles #1
04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
this would be brilliant!

The Vicar
04-08-2004, 08:29 PM
On the surface it sounds impossible, but it actually could make some sense. Palace picks up the full wages for both Vaesen (2nd or 3rd choice keeper at Brum) and Morrison (injury-plagued right now and might be on the bench when fit).

Those two players would mean more to Palace this season and would probably get more playing time than they would at Brum.

christopher
04-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I thought it was three. If it is two then we'll have Nico and Cisse :p

EagleinOz
04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
If this is true I hope it's resolved quickly, I can't handle another 45 pager!

Seems funny though, Clinton says to Brucie, Oi Brucie get my mate Jules up here he's well good, Brucie says yeah alright Clint, then Clint says to Jules eh rudeboy I put a word in wiv the gaffer up here he'll offer you a contract innit, Jules says to Clint ah wickedsta, then Brucie says to Jules oi you wanna play up here with your mate Clint, and Jules says yeah sweet innit, then Jules phones Clint and says wicked mate I'm signin a contract tomorrow but I'll pretend I haven't for a couple of months then Clint says wicked. Then Jules finally gets up there and says alright Clint, and Clint says alright Jules glad your finally here, oh wait hang on a sec I'm off to Palace I'll seeya later bred :hi:

legal_bluenose
THIS IS NOT TRUE

You can only sign one loan player from a single Premier League club and each Premier club can only have 2 premier league loan signings. So you could have one from Blues (Cisse) and say one from Arsenal or Liverpool but you couldnt' have 2 from Birmingham.

Plus I know Nico and he's here to fight for his place at Blues.

MasterYoda
surely palace's relationship with brum isn't sufficient to allow this :D

Ben H
04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by gcwhite

Source?

Ketchup please ;)

christopher
04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
:D

hairylenny
04-08-2004, 08:32 PM
erm... sorry to disappoint you lot, but it's only one player loaned from any premiership club, but then you can have foreign loans and lower divisions as well (4?)

Morrison would be a good signing for you though I think, but not as good as.....

KANU :D

---------------------------------------------

Damn turned round to watch Peter Kay and someone beat me to it!

Phil O'Sophical
04-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by The Vicar
Morrison (injury-plagued right now and might be on the bench when fit).

Is it his shoulder?

Phil O'Sophical
04-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by hairylenny
erm... sorry to disappoint you lot, but it's only one player loaned from any premiership club, but then you can have foreign loans and lower divisions as well (4?)

Morrison would be a good signing for you though I think, but not as good as.....

Not Nwankwo? Wot a tosser!

hairylenny
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
better than what we had already though

legal_bluenose
04-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Morrison isn't injured. That was the start of last season.

ZOHAR
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM

---------------------------------------------

Damn turned round to watch Peter Kay and someone beat me to it!

Kanu is easily gonna be the biggest flop of the season, especially with the motivation of knowing he's playing for West Brom. How much are you over paying that lazy waste of space?
:hi:

hairylenny
04-08-2004, 08:38 PM
wouldn't that only leave blues with 3 first team strikers, one of them being stern john

ANDYEAGLE
04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Blimey all this lovedovey with Brum maybe Jordan wants the Golds to buy us the only live next door in Caterham they can leave Sullivan as owner of Brum. Id go for that with their money .

hairylenny
04-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ZOHAR
Kanu is easily gonna be the biggest flop of the season, especially with the motivation of knowing he's playing for West Brom. How much are you over paying that lazy waste of space?
:hi:

not a lot really, we have a really tight wage structure, our first season in the premiership we had the lowest wage bill in the league and it was half that of the 19th placed team, and it hasn't been increased too greatly in the last 2 years, I think Kanu is on about 15k a week tops, which when you consider we didn't pay anything for him, even if he does flop it will not cripple the club financially.

He certainly has the potential to be a fantastic signing, but it all depends on his attitude and also the service we give him. The signing of Gera should improve this but I can't see Gera playing regularly until christmas time (megson did the same with koumas in his first season).

ZOHAR
04-08-2004, 08:44 PM
not a lot really, we have a really tight wage structure, our first season in the premiership we had the lowest wage bill in the league and it was half that of the 19th placed team, and it hasn't been increased too greatly in the last 2 years, I think Kanu is on about 15k a week tops, which when you consider we didn't pay anything for him, even if he does flop it will not cripple the club financially.

He certainly has the potential to be a fantastic signing, but it all depends on his attitude and also the service we give him. The signing of Gera should improve this but I can't see Gera playing regularly until christmas time (megson did the same with koumas in his first season).

Yeah alright ok, i'm jealous really! :D

NinjaYoung
04-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by EagleinOz

Seems funny though, Clinton says to Brucie, Oi Brucie get my mate Jules up here he's well good, Brucie says yeah alright Clint, then Clint says to Jules eh rudeboy I put a word in wiv the gaffer up here he'll offer you a contract innit, Jules says to Clint ah wickedsta, then Brucie says to Jules oi you wanna play up here with your mate Clint, and Jules says yeah sweet innit, then Jules phones Clint and says wicked mate I'm signin a contract tomorrow but I'll pretend I haven't for a couple of months then Clint says wicked. Then Jules finally gets up there and says alright Clint, and Clint says alright Jules glad your finally here, oh wait hang on a sec I'm off to Palace I'll seeya later bred :hi:

Wow! do you know them?

JOHN1509
04-08-2004, 09:02 PM
would love to see morrison in a palace shirt again....but can't see that happening

KungFuCharlie
04-08-2004, 09:03 PM
This sounds like complete and utter nonsense. Sorry, but it does. Another 'Palace swoop for its team of 98' story, which so many people love here, god knows why...

ZOHAR
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Because morrison is class, and he belongs here. He's a sarf london boy. Saying that his ego would never come back and he would never be/play the same, but here at the palace we like to remember the, er, good times :rolleyes:

EagleinOz
04-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by NinjaYoung
Wow! do you know them?

Well I have my sources.... :D

Brian Potter
04-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Can we close this stupid thread? Please.

PengeEagle
04-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by EagleinOz

BRILLIANT!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
04-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Find this very unlikely but just for tonight I will dream :)

hernehilleagle
05-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Can't see it happening

Psychokiller
05-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Utter poppycock

Ben H
05-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by hernehilleagle
Can't see it happening

Neither can I. Also included in the rumour was Julian Gray but I was too embarrassed to post that bit. Still, the rumour apparently came from someone with close ties to the club.....

Daddy Long
05-08-2004, 07:23 AM
This is one of the crappest rumours I have ever seen on this BBS. You should be embarassed.

La Bombonera
05-08-2004, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hairylenny

[b]KANU :D

Alas as we all knew before he went to Brum ... Morrison can't cut it in the Premiership.

Ben H
05-08-2004, 07:26 AM
You serious?

Another Viking
05-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Rumours....
Drop dead - please!

JamieBcpfc
05-08-2004, 07:45 AM
bowlecks

anyway hairy lenny, you finished 19th and its not suprising the team above you had twice the wage bill, it was west ham, the team below you was sunderland both teams had huge wage bills

hairylenny
05-08-2004, 09:26 AM
erm... I meant we had half the wage budget of the team that came 19th when ordered by wage budget

NO1FAN
05-08-2004, 09:41 AM
This rumour Is absolute crap It came from a mistake on the Palace world site when on the squad list under Vaesen and Grays name they wrote "loan from Birmingham" there was another thread on It a couple of days ago but I can't find It now. Palace world who updates the website even admitted In a e-mail that It was a mistake on the part and have now corrected It.

If I was you mate I'd give your mate a slap for talking such bullshlt

Whitney
05-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Blimey all this lovedovey with Brum maybe Jordan wants the Golds to buy us the only live next door in Caterham they can leave Sullivan as owner of Brum. Id go for that with their money .

Jordan lives in Caterham?

ANDYEAGLE
05-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Whitney the Golds live in Caterham not Jordan.

Beanie
05-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by JOHN1509
would love to see morrison in a palace shirt again....but can't see that happening
Geoff Thomas' benefit game?

Sunny Fan
05-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by legal_bluenose
Morrison isn't injured. That was the start of last season. Was Clinton injured?

RDSdaEAGLE
05-08-2004, 10:37 AM
I heard he hurt his shoulder. It was announced at a press conference, where they had spinach quiches and sausage rolls...that's what the box office told me anyway!

Ben H
05-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Whitney the Golds live in Caterham not Jordan.

I never thought the Golds lived in Jordan.

Kirby
05-08-2004, 03:23 PM
David Gold's peacocks kept escaping into my mums work (the school next door).

I offered to come down and shoot them.

Maidstoned Eagle
05-08-2004, 03:27 PM

I don´t want to p*ss on your parade but, have you EVER seen Kanu play?:confused:

Maidstoned Eagle
05-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Was Clinton injured?

Bloody typical, we sign a player with a dodgy shoulder! Can´t this club do anything right!?:veryangry

Ships is back
05-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Not true a load of ball ocks

Benzhiyi
05-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Worst rumour ever, Ben H.

And Kanu is shite.

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
05-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
David Gold's peacocks kept escaping into my mums work (the school next door).

I offered to come down and shoot them. Who would look after the peacocks if you did this?

pedro
05-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Apparantly they were both going to sign but Megson has signed Morrison and Redknapp has signed Vaesen. Ever thought there is a conspiracy ?:D

pedro
05-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Vaesen says on the Birmingham website that he was unhappy with the way Palace treated him after he left the club. Apparantly he told Palace that it would take a very good offer to make him move his family and we said we would come back with an offer for him but we never did.

Sussex Eagle
05-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Vaesen says on the Birmingham website that he was unhappy with the way Palace treated him after he left the club. Apparantly he told Palace that it would take a very good offer to make him move his family and we said we would come back with an offer for him but we never did.

Diddums :sob:

El D
08-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Observer today says that we are weighing up a loan move for Clinton - and that we have sealed a deal for Kiraly. I wonder what the definition of 'sealed a deal' is?

HARRY MONK
08-08-2004, 09:49 AM
mirror says we are thinking of re signing him.would be good but would only pay 1 - 2 mil. doubt it will happen now though as it looked as if heskey picked up a bad injury.

Andy Newton
08-08-2004, 09:57 AM
more than 500k for him would be a liberty given how badly hes done since he left.

aadams
08-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Morrison would make a good back up striker. Did'nt do much for Birmingham last season even though he was injured for some of that campaign.
I believe you should never go back for players that have left. How many players can you name that have come back & been better than when they left?
Vassen served us well last season & could be good for us, but he will stay at Birmingham.

Lom
08-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by aadams
I believe you should never go back for players that have left. How many players can you name that have come back & been better than when they left?
I can't, but we do seem to have a habit of doing it when it comes to strikers.

Neckinger Eagle
08-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Why would we want to loan in Clinton Morrison, an injury prone player who has shown over the last couple of seasons that he is not Premiership quality? He didn't want us when this big shot Charlie left us, we shouldn't want him now we are a bigger club? He is obviously not the eight million pound strike some optimistic souls on the BBS wanted us to believe when he was on his way to Birmingham.

He wasn't Premiership quality when he was with us, but excellent in the First Division.

Sign him permanently so that we have him in case we go down, but don't bring him in for a season so he can bigger off when we get relegated.

As for Nico, if he wanted to live down souf he would have signed permanently in the summer.

Neckinger Eagle
08-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by El D
Observer today says that we are weighing up a loan move for Clinton - and that we have sealed a deal for Kiraly. I wonder what the definition of 'sealed a deal' is?

Having heard Terry Byfield on BBC London radio announce personally that we had sealed the deal for Cisse, it obviously means "the player has heard of Crystal Palace FC".

Freddy Kurz
08-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Neckinger Eagle
Having heard Terry Byfield on BBC London radio announce personally that we had sealed the deal for Cisse, it obviously means "the player has heard of Crystal Palace FC".

But not Chrystal Palace FC?! As for going in
for Morrison, this sounds like a desperation
move. Would only be in favour of say a 2 yr
deal to buy him (like Cisse's at Pompey) pro-
vided he agreed to stay with Palace if we
get relegated. As you suggest there are
big question marks over his fitness and ability
to cut it at Premier League level, although he
has a proven scoring record one division
lower. Perhaps it could be called a "loyalty"
clause or something similarly groundbreaking
in modern football!

Jimbo ?
08-08-2004, 11:04 AM
yawn yawn yawn. another day another load of ****

palace_burger
08-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by aadams

... didnt Dougie Freedman get 20 odd goals a season in the ifrst few years after he came back?

What?
08-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Apparantly the Mirror links us with him as well, no mention of a loan though. The Mirror may be cocks but I think they have been quite a good source for Palace links this summer.

Eagle123
08-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Absolute rubbish (I hope). I would want Vaeson but he chose security of a new contract AND not having to be away fom or move his family and as for Morrison why the hell do we want him? he left us when we needed him most to fulfil his personal ambitions when he was advised by everone at palace that it was too early for him to make the step up.Clinton Morrisons biggest fan is Clinton Morrison. Theres one thing having belief in yourself and even having a tinge of arrogance but Morrison scores a tap in and pronounces himself the new Pele! He scored a lot of goals for us while he was with us and of course I'm grateful for that but hes not a team player and promotion is the big oppertunity to move on and progress not go back

max power
08-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Eagle 123

i say to you hear hear well said

we dont want Clinton back

Ben H
08-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Yes - I think it's bollox too but decided to post what I'd heard on the off chance it might have some mileage. Obviously not.

LLCOOLSTEVE
08-08-2004, 09:37 PM
lol

AndyStreet
08-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Eagle123
he left us when we needed him most to fulfil his personal ambitions when he was advised by everone at palace that it was too early for him to make the step up.Clinton Morrisons biggest fan is Clinton Morrison. Theres one thing having belief in yourself and even having a tinge of arrogance but Morrison scores a tap in and pronounces himself the new Pele! He scored a lot of goals for us while he was with us and of course I'm grateful for that but hes not a team player and promotion is the big oppertunity to move on and progress not go back

Absolute nonsense.

SKATE
09-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
Absolute nonsense.

Agreed. Clinton left us because the club was offered a £4.5m deal that we couldn't afford to refuse. I wouldnt be unhappy to see Clinton back on loan.

1dougiefreedman
09-08-2004, 10:06 AM
It says we're going for him here, but doesnt state whether on loan or not.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/august/englshnews6090804.html

It also says we're going back for Allback.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/august/englsnews090804.html

Id be happy with that: morrison, johnson, allback, torghelle, freedman and shipperly as our forwards. With shipperly possibly leaving.

daz_eagle
09-08-2004, 10:10 AM
would love to have clint back, he's a different sort of player to what we already have, would give us good options.

christopher
09-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Why is everyone so eager to get rid of Shipps?

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Cos he isnt very good.

Still love him tho.

1dougiefreedman
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Although he improved under dowie I dont think hes good enough. To be able to survive in the premiership we need to have the best players we can get/afford in each position along with the players already in our squad that are good enough. I think that torghelle, johnson, allback, morrsion and freedman all match that wheras shipperly doesnt.

Tony Montana
09-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I have heard on fairly good authority, that morrison is coming back on a 1 year loan with a view to a permanant move if we stay in the premiership.

Tim
09-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by christopher
Why is everyone so eager to get rid of Shipps?

Shipps in the prem? Mate theres rose tinted glasses then there is common sense! We must aim higher if we are to have any chance of staying up!

cpfc_spc1982
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
weve had all summer were we could have gone back in for clint and he might have been interested , would you say this is a sign dowie is getting a bit desperate to find people who wanna come in.
as we play with wingers we need a centre forward in the side , clint isnt really that.

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 10:50 AM
But Clinton does hold the ball up well, rarely loses possession of it and can put in a good cross when out there. A real poacher, would rather have him here than playing against us.

Ralph
09-08-2004, 10:55 AM
HE's a proven first division striker who I genuinely thought would make the step up, hopefully a change of scenary will do it for him.

I still believe he would be as likely as Fuller, Earnshaw, Forster to make it in the Premier. Bruce has rated him, he's great for Ireland and the Brum fans seem to like despite a poor record for them.

I for one will certainly be "interested" to see if he comes back. Him and AJ would certainly win us a few points Im sure!

cpfc_spc1982
09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
who offers more then torghelle or clinton ?

ozeagle
09-08-2004, 11:03 AM
aj is a far better player.

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 11:03 AM
It's not about who offers more, it's about strength in depth. A.J and Torghelle on field and Clint on the bench looks a potent front line to me, with Dougie and Shipps hovering in the background. Dougie as a second choice premier striker isn't what you'd be hoping for.

cpfc_spc1982
09-08-2004, 11:08 AM
id say its more important we have a strong-ish first team than loads of squad players , the fitness regime we have players should be capable of playing every game maybe the odd resting and the obvious injuries i guess. top players and professionals more often than not dont like being rested as well.

nookiebear
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Can I just ask two things

Why are people having such a pop at Ben H? Why is the return of Morrison, either on a loan or permanently, such a ridiculous notion?

Can anyone clear up the loan rule thing? How many players can you loan from one club?

If it is one, then of course we can loan him back because the Cisse deal fell through, so again - why is the rumour so ridiculous?

I would welcome him back, a great 18-yard box player, would complement AJ, Freedman and Torghelle brilliantly

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 11:12 AM
But with the pace of todays game those 3 useable subs can play a crucial part in the outcome of any game. With Clinton on the bench i'd think we stood a greater chance of turning a game around. Also A.J was run into the ground last season and when he hits the deck hard as a guy with his pace and trickery often does to have Clinton in the wings would give us at least another option and save A.J some extra grief. Lets face it if anything happened to A.J outside of the transfer window we'd be screwed BIG TIME!

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Why would Clint want to sit on our bench instead of theirs though?

AJ isn't a far better player, just a very different one. But you couldnt play the two together. I like Clint, but I don't see how he would fit in with the way we play, unless we got a good attacking midfielder.

nbrookes
09-08-2004, 11:14 AM
totally agree, Clinton would be good back up for AJ

Dave
09-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie

Because he would spend less time on our bench, because he always wanted to play for palace in the premiership, because he isn't that keen on birmingham

igl
09-08-2004, 11:25 AM

But you couldnt play the two together. I like Clint, but I don't see how he would fit in with the way we play, unless we got a good attacking midfielder.

totally disagree. Clint holds the ball up and plays other in better than alot of so called 'target men'. He would be an ideal foil for AJ.

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Couldn't see him working exclusively with A.J, i think the big man (Torghelle, Ships) would always be the ideal partner but there are times when we might play with either Morrision or A.J wider and taking injuries and suspensions into account i would imagine Clinton would get a good few starts and who knows, at this level he might be better than A.J.

cpfc_spc1982
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by igl
totally disagree. Clint holds the ball up and plays other in better than alot of so called 'target men'. He would be an ideal foil for AJ.

to do that clinton would need good service , which i cant see our strikers getting rather than balls up at 7 foot in the air or something which the target man can control or flcik on. also with our wingers who should be looking to box it alot , how effective would clinton be in the box with his head?

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
It is true that Clint holds the ball up very well. But that isnt that important with our style of play. Ships did so well with AJ cos of his ability to flick on, and then AJ's pace did the rest. Like I said, we play down the wings, so Clint would be useful in laying off long balls to the wingers, but if its only him and AJ in the box then we are not gonna score many goals. If we had a decent attacking mid who would benefit from Clints lay-offs then maybe, just maybe the two could work. But I seem to remember our away game at Spurs when AJ was silent due to the sheer size of the Spurs centre backs.

Chalfont Victim
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Agreed, we WILL get injuries and suspensions and without players of sufficient quality to fill those voids we are going to get found out (or more so)

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 12:00 PM
"I can't believe that any true Palace fan would not be delighted to see Morrison back"

- Why does the return of an old player always have to be turned into a sentimental rather than a pure footballing decision??? Granted, we will need a lot more strength in depth, and I would be happy to see him back at Selhurst, but that brings me back to the question of whether or not he would be happier on our bench than Brums.

Ian Hart
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Yes - I think it's bollox too but decided to post what I'd heard on the off chance it might have some mileage. Obviously not.

Don't worry about it - they were no less plausible than many others on here.

Have you heard any other rumours about players returning that you'd like to share with us? Akinbiyi? Ismael? Ruddock?

Come on Ben, make my day :p

Dave
09-08-2004, 12:09 PM
"I can't believe that any true Palace fan would not be delighted to see Morrison back"

- Why does the return of an old player always have to be turned into a sentimental rather than a pure footballing decision??? Granted, we will need a lot more strength in depth, and I would be happy to see him back at Selhurst, but that brings me back to the question of whether or not he would be happier on our bench than Brums.

Got to admire your confidence in the current squad

Chalfont Victim
09-08-2004, 12:25 PM

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 01:15 PM
I take it back, I honestly read it as that the first time. I will be more careful next time.

And its not that I have confidence in the squad, its that I don't think we should have to change the way we play just so we can fit Clint back in.

Chalfont Victim
09-08-2004, 01:42 PM

KungFuCharlie
09-08-2004, 02:21 PM
No, I totally agree with you that were AJ to get injured then CLint would be a more than sufficient replacement. BUT, my point returns to whether he would like to sit on the bench while AJ wasn't injured. I said I would happily have Clint back, all I was really trying to say was that he would not be 'the perfect foil for AJ' as some others have suggested.

Rasheed Harkouk
09-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Agreed fooey but is A.J going to make such an impact that Clinton would be on the bench week in week out, the jury is still out.

Kevin T
09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
I'd be delighted if Clinton came back. I've only met him once, several months after he joined Brum and from what he told me, he left Palace with a very heavy heart and as Dave said, playng for Palace in the Premiership was his dream. I really believe Clinton back in the Palace side would cut it in the Premiership, despite being very luke warm with Brum. Some players are just like that. Dougie has never done anything of note apart from in a red and blue shirt.

nookiebear
09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Is SIKO about? Any truth in this?

Dave
09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Kevin T
I'd be delighted if Clinton came back. I've only met him once, several months after he joined Brum and from what he told me, he left Palace with a very heavy heart and as Dave said, playng for Palace in the Premiership was his dream. I really believe Clinton back in the Palace side would cut it in the Premiership, despite being very luke warm with Brum. Some players are just like that. Dougie has never done anything of note apart from in a red and blue shirt.

Doug was top scorer at Forrest the year we resigned him

AJ
09-08-2004, 03:33 PM
I wonder if Clint can play on the right wing :p

AJ
09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave

Is that a Unibondage team :D

palace_burger
09-08-2004, 09:19 PM
im an old romantic.. lets get clinton and hayden back

Im sure they both wanted premier footy with palace and only left when it looked like it would neer happen in a month of sundays

75points
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
if this comes off expect to see AJ on the left -as Kolk option is not looking too promising

davematt
10-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 75points
if this comes off expect to see AJ on the left -as Kolk option is not looking too promising

Give kolkka time, he needs to settle into the english game, & playing AJ out on the left would be bloody stupid. Just because AJ & clinton are physically the same size does not mean that can't play together.

jordanismygod
10-08-2004, 07:58 AM

errrrrrr. Not!

Crate
10-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Is SIKO about? Any truth in this?

SIKO's the only one who can really give us reliable info on this. Where are you?

Kirby
10-08-2004, 09:37 AM

Don't be a knob.

Nelson Muntz
10-08-2004, 09:38 AM
:D

(He was joking, wasn't he?)

917L
10-08-2004, 09:43 AM

And in his premiership season with them(Forest that is. :) )

917L
10-08-2004, 09:49 AM
If it is one, then of course we can loan him back because the Cisse deal fell through, so again - why is the rumour so ridiculous?

Why would he come??

If as most suggest he would be on the bench(and I would agree with that) whats the benefit to Clinton Morrison? If he were going to start regularly I could understand but if he's going to be on the bench he may as well do that at Brum?

Dave
10-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 917L
Why would he come??

If as most suggest he would be on the bench(and I would agree with that) whats the benefit to Clinton Morrison? If he were going to start regularly I could understand but if he's going to be on the bench he may as well do that at Brum?

I must of missed something, who would keep Clinton out of the palace starting lineup? AJ? Ships? Sandy or Tom Black?

Gazza2
10-08-2004, 09:59 AM
He would be 1st choice striker at Palace. IMHO he is a better all round player than AJ by far.

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Why would he come??

From what I know, having met him (and from what his mum once told me), and from what SIKO and others have pointed out, he loved his time at Palace, so who's to say he wouldn't want to come back?

He would also stand a good chance of being one of our first-choice strikers. Unlike AJ and Sandor, he has two-seasons' worth of Premiership experience and is an established Repulic Of Ireland international

Again, I'm not saying this will happen, but can't believe so many people think it's that ridiculous a rumour

GUCCI Eagle
10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
AJ scored 32 goals last season. He's not easy to disregard. I'd play him with Clinton.

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Have just heard from a very reliable source that contact has been made with brum about Clinton and that negotiations are underway and hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

Damn good news.

Palace Don
10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Are you having a laugh?

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 10:22 AM
No joke, no wind up. Currently in negotiations.

Kevin T
10-08-2004, 10:54 AM
This would make my week if true :D

Dave
10-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Siko isn't answering his phone . . . :(

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Well it's true alright, whether or not it comes to anything is a different matter although i'd imagine that we won't have the personal terms problems associated with other such deals and last minute interventions from Plompy because of the good relations and high regard both parties (we assume) have for each other.

Gladys Allover
10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
AJ scored 32 goals last season. He's not easy to disregard. I'd play him with Clinton. Totally agree, Johnson would be the first player down on my team sheet. As someone mentioned earlier, he plays better with a bigger front man which is why Dougie didn't play much last year, which is what i think would happen if Clinton came back.

Sandor and AJ up front for me! :p

Crate
10-08-2004, 11:03 AM
As a general rule I'm always very wary about seeking to bring back former players after they've left the club. But this might be the exception. Clinton's heart was in Palace in a way it has never been for Brum. Also, Dougie has never been quite the same player since their partnership was broken, and I always had a feeling that there was a real synergy there - playing together they amounted to more than the sum of their two halves. So Clinton's return might just mean that we get more out of Dougie too. Rather than see the question as being "who is in the starting lineup" I wonder if we might see the development of two different but complementary strike parings: AJ/Torghelle and Dougie/Clinton. Could be quite tasty!

Dave
10-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Gladys Allover
Totally agree, Johnson would be the first player down on my team sheet. As someone mentioned earlier, he plays better with a bigger front man which is why Dougie didn't play much last year, which is what i think would happen if Clinton came back.

AJ scored 32 goals in THE FIRST DIVISION not THE PREMIER LEAGUE

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Rasheed Harkouk
Have just heard from a very reliable source that contact has been made with brum about Clinton and that negotiations are underway and hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

Damn good news.

Loan or permanent?

Shoreditch CPFC
10-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Gladys Allover
Totally agree, Johnson would be the first player down on my team sheet. As someone mentioned earlier, he plays better with a bigger front man which is why Dougie didn't play much last year, which is what i think would happen if Clinton came back.

Sandor and AJ up front for me! :p

Did you see Sandor play on Saturday? If he plays I'll get behind him, but he looked bloody awful. Off the pace, no touch and clearly frustrated at his inability to get into the game. I'm sure he will improve, but if Clinton came there is no way he would start behind Sandor on current form.

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't know i'm afraid, i'd imagine it would be a loan deal with an option to buy but thats just a guess.

Prince Phillip
10-08-2004, 11:17 AM
AJ scored 32 goals in THE FIRST DIVISION not THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Indeed, Clinton’s arrival (fingers crossed) would take the heat off of AJ and allow him to acclimatise steadily instead of having the weight of the goalscoring world on his shoulders from the moment the referee puts the whistle to his lips at 3 pm in 4 days time.

mellowG
10-08-2004, 11:17 AM
dougie/clinton with a sprinkle of dowie magic. goal machine

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Siko isn't answering his phone . . . :(

keep trying. My opinion is that this will never happen (much as I would love it too)

...I mean Clinton re-signing not SIKO answering his phone, I'm sure he does that all the time.

917L
10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
I must of missed something, who would keep Clinton out of the palace starting lineup? AJ? Ships? Sandy or Tom Black?

Stop trying to provoke a reaction Dave;)

The TB comment is stupid and you know it!

He wouldnt start in place of AJ, or Torghelle IMO and history proves that Dougie is a better player than him in the premiership.
Still dont know why he would come back, not saying I'm against it after all he's a good player but cannot see the reasoning behind it from either parties point of view.

917L
10-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
Did you see Sandor play on Saturday? If he plays I'll get behind him, but he looked bloody awful. Off the pace, no touch and clearly frustrated at his inability to get into the game. I'm sure he will improve, but if Clinton came there is no way he would start behind Sandor on current form.

How do you know what Clinton's 'current form' is?

Thought Torghelle played well personally and with a bit of match shrpness will be a good asset. Potentially the best atacking header of a ball at the club since Mark Bright.

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Stop trying to provoke a reaction Dave;)

The TB comment is stupid and you know it!

He wouldnt start in place of AJ, or Torghelle IMO and history proves that Dougie is a better player than him in the premiership.
Still dont know why he would come back, not saying I'm against it after all he's a good player but cannot see the reasoning behind it from either parties point of view.

From our point of view he is a known quantity, a proven goal scorer and we know his game style, we need more firepower and the lad has it.

From Birminghams point of view Clinton hasn't been the success they thought he would be, he's way down the pecking order there now with Forssell, Heskey and John infront of him at least and with them shippin gout Cisse as well as some other fringe players maybe Brum are cutting their costs a little and Clinton off the books for a year would be another step down that line.

Palace Don
10-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Rasheed Harkouk
Don't know i'm afraid, i'd imagine it would be a loan deal with an option to buy but thats just a guess.

so who is the source? Isnt Morrison injured at the moment?

Rasheed Harkouk
10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
You know how it works i cannot say who but it has come from someone very much in the know.

bigend1
10-08-2004, 11:38 AM
While i agree that palace need the proverbial target man, a foil for AJ with which he works best, i feel that although clint isnt the biggest of chappies in the traditional target man role. I do remember that he was one of the best players at holding the ball up that i have seen in a palace shirt. paticually with his back to goal he almost never lost the ball. He won his fair share of flick on's and remember the partnership he had with MF at the palace, was nothing short of prolific. Same at brum, although clint didnt get many goals, he still played well and was crucial in MF getting the goals he did. I would welcome clint back with open arms, and i'm not usually keen on seeing former players return but in this case........

Saying that i would still really like to see harewood at the palace.

AshfordianEagle
10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Palace Don
so who is the source? Isnt Morrison injured at the moment?

What, has he injured his shoulder? :D

Lion
10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
I said i'd heard about Clinton coming back a few weeks ago, I've heard it again today so I will add to this thread that it seems to be a little more than a rumour.

Expected to be announced by the end of the week apparently.

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 11:42 AM

Sandor has played one game, has been in the UK less than two weeks - for god's sake give the bloke a chance

Daddy Long
10-08-2004, 11:46 AM
I would sex wee myself if Clinton came back

Selhurst Celtic
10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Prince Phillip
Indeed, Clinton’s arrival (fingers crossed) would take the heat off of AJ and allow him to acclimatise steadily instead of having the weight of the goalscoring world on his shoulders ....

There's a joke here somewhere? ;)

Personally I'd be happy to see Clinton back and see how him and Johnson get on as a front two.

Pub Idol
10-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Would be a shot in the arm if Clinton came back.

Fingers crossed :p

Shoreditch CPFC
10-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Sandor has played one game, has been in the UK less than two weeks - for god's sake give the bloke a chance

Of course I'll give him a chance. Didn't you see the bit where I said I'd get behind him, if he plays. I'm just saying he did not look good to me on Sat. Hopefully he will settle in and become a decent player for us, but we should be able to express an opinion that a player has played poorly without being jumped on.

My guess is that Dowie is pulling out the stops to get a proven striker, preferably with premiership experience to start on Saturday. Clinton would fit the bill for me.

brighton_eagle
10-08-2004, 12:02 PM
The fact that SIKO has been very quiet about this, when I know he's been posting on other threads, could be telling.

Telling in what direction, I'm not sure. But it could be. :D

I'd be delighted with Clinton's return. I really believe he could be lethal for us, and could potentially play with any of our other strikers. He's got some poaching ability too, which we need.

EagleSE24
10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
He's got some poaching ability too, which we need.

Well Shipps has to eat doesn't he?

I've already got my coat...

I.Flyer
10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
I've got this mental picture of AJ and Clinton each scoring hattricks when we play Brum followed by a rousing chorus of 'Who's sorry now' :o :D - then I remembered there will probably be a clause to say CM can't play when take on Brum, if he joins of course.

Palace Don
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Yes I believe it would lift the fans to see him back.

Erm, can someone tell me why SIKO seems to be such a soothsayer in these matters???? I must have been asleep for some time.

Dave
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long

I *believe* negotiations are under way - can't say anymore as I don't know anymore.

All very hush hush apparently.

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
There's a joke here somewhere? ;)

Personally I'd be happy to see Clinton back and see how him and Johnson get on as a front two.

Nah - Johnson & Torghelle / Ships (I still would love to Ships prove everyone wrong in the Prem - the man is a Palace legend)

and - Clint / Dougie - now thats a partnership that could be resurrected :D

Selhurst300
So, I take it that the possibility of Clinton's shoulder returning on loan is still a rumour.

nookiebear
Originally posted by Palace Don
Yes I believe it would lift the fans to see him back.

Erm, can someone tell me why SIKO seems to be such a soothsayer in these matters???? I must have been asleep for some time.

He knows Clinton

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 12:14 PM

nobody say a word. Don't want to jinx this one.

mainstandeagle
10-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I *believe* negotiations are under way - can't say anymore as I don't know anymore.

:) :) :)

SKATE
10-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Well it was in the Sunday Mirror so I guess a few more people do know :)

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 12:26 PM
was it? ah well keep quiet anyway. ssshh.

Lion
10-08-2004, 12:28 PM
It'll be on Sky within a few hours now.

It's all your fault if it is Dave

;)

RDSdaEAGLE
10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Sssssh...for christs sake...keep quiet!!!

Super Mabbutt
10-08-2004, 12:30 PM

With 171 posts I would say that this one has been kept relatively quiet in comparisom to some of the other transfer threads.

Dave
10-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Super Mabbutt
With 171 posts I would say that this one has been kept relatively quiet in comparisom to some of the other transfer threads.

I agree, I actually didn't believe it until there was some verification.

I am delighted we are at least trying to get him home.

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 12:39 PM
even if we don't get him, it shows positive intent. I'm happy with that.

Now ssssssshhh

Oisin
10-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Ssshhh, clinton's coming home but keep it quiet.

Maidstoned Eagle
10-08-2004, 12:43 PM
HEY EVERYONE! I HEAR CLINTON MIGHT BE COMING BACK::::::::::::: What? Oh sorry, ssshhhhhh!

Gooders
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by I.Flyer
then I remembered there will probably be a clause to say CM can't play when take on Brum, if he joins of course.

No probably about it m'dear - new rule - loanees between Premiership clubs cannot play in games between the two clubs.

Still...

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Clinton's coming home

SKATE
10-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Gooders.......ssshhhhhh!!

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Poor Old Ben H, everyone having a pop at him and he was speaking the truth

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 12:54 PM
No he wasn't nookie, Clinton isn't coming home, he is never going to set foot inside Selhurst again. EVER!

he is really!!!! ssshhh!

Maidstoned Eagle
10-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Poor Old Ben H, everyone having a pop at him and he was speaking the truth

I´m sure he can handle it.:p

Beanie
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Sandor was poor for the first twenty minutes or so but after that he was improving almost moment by moment, by the time he and AJ were taken off there were definite signs of understanding. Several times he put the ball in a space and AJ went for another, he won a number of flick on, but nobody read them. I think because we know AJ it was easy to blame Sandor, but in fact it was just lack of familiarity, nobodies fault they just need practice.

I don't think anybody comes to a club as "first choice" (please note Mr Murphy) he comes to make the squad stronger and take it from there. If Clinton returns it is all about extra strength, more options. If we played (for example) AJ and Sandor for a few games, then switched to Dougie and Clinton for a few it would be one more unpredictable element to the games.

Palace Don
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Shhhsssssh, I hear that Mr Morrison is returning to the Hallowed Turf. Ah I can just see his loping runs down the right wing, erm, shoulder popping out...... ;)

Beanie
10-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
No probably about it m'dear - new rule - loanees between Premiership clubs cannot play in games between the two clubs.
Are you sure? I thought the rule was the other way - that you could not prevent them playing against their "real" club as has been done in the past.

Crate
10-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
If we played (for example) AJ and Sandor for a few games, then switched to Dougie and Clinton for a few it would be one more unpredictable element to the games.

Oi! You might at least acknowledge that I trailed this thought two pages ago! ;)

Sunny Fan
10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Move along now please, nothing to see here

Daddy Long
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM

I'm glistening

GUCCI Eagle
10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Squad rotation, who'd have thought it?

At this rate Derry will get a game as well. Then we'll be banging in them corners like there's no tomorrow.

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
All these posts are just attracting more and more people to this 'rumour' :rolleyes: - STOP IT PEOPLE!!! :veryangry

:confused:Oops ... just realised what this post has done ...
+ anyway isn't his shoulder injured???

Chris Leitch
10-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Can we change the name of the thread to something boring so nobody sees it?

shhh.

Daddy Long
10-08-2004, 01:43 PM
SIKO is going to have fun emptying out his PM box I suspect.

RednBlue
10-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Cock-up on the information front......it's not Clinton, it's Bruce Dyer!!!

only joking

daz_eagle
10-08-2004, 01:47 PM
bruce dyer is on fire!

;.)

Granada allover
10-08-2004, 01:48 PM
It's gone so quiet it's just like watching Everton.

wedgetail
10-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by RednBlue
, it's Bruce Dyer!!!

After all he did score against QPR:clown: (as there is no heaadless chicken smilie)

Daddy Long
10-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Let the Bruce loose

Maidstoned Eagle
Its Andy Morrison!

Gosling
I'm glistening

tmi

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
tmi

u what mate???

GOD
10-08-2004, 01:51 PM
can someone please let me know what is going on as I'm a bit deaf

Palace Don
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Morrison isnt coming back to Selhurst Morrison isnt coming back to Selhurst!

Gosling
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
u what mate???

In the light of Daddy Long's earlier 'sex wee' post, the added knowledge that he is 'glistening' is too much information.

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Ah, TMI - short for Too Much Info ... cheers :p

GOD
10-08-2004, 02:13 PM
TMI - short for Too Much Info

No chance of that on the official website then :D

Beanie
10-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Crate
Oi! You might at least acknowledge that I trailed this thought two pages ago! ;)
Sorry - I skipped a few bits :confused:

I hereby acknowledge Crate had the idea before me

Okay? :p

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 02:17 PM

And me! ;)

Although I seem to recall a certain Bluenose Bruce having a similar idea a while ago ;)

Jim Cannons Moustache
10-08-2004, 02:17 PM
just passing through, whilstling a happy tune, minding my own business....

AJ
10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
How long has CM got left on his contract at Brum.

Selhurst Celtic
10-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AJ
How long has CM got left on his contract at Brum.

What's Champ Manager got to do with this... :o

Nobby
10-08-2004, 03:17 PM

What exactly does "sex wee myself" mean? I'm unfamiliar with this expression.

Malakite
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Would love to see Morrison back at his 'real' home, dont think it would happen for quite some time though :(

costa
10-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Clinton wouldnt come back if he aint guaranteed 1st team football, seeing as Torghelles here......... and i also couldnt see Brum giving him away, that would only leave them with 3 strikers... Forssell, Heskey and John.... i think?

Crate
10-08-2004, 03:46 PM

Most gracious of you :) - great minds and all that!

Crate
10-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh, and acknowledgements to smileysmith and Bluenose Bruce as well (and anyone else who thought of it)

Maidstoned Eagle
10-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by costa
Clinton wouldnt come back if he aint guaranteed 1st team football, seeing as Torghelles here......... and i also couldnt see Brum giving him away, that would only leave them with 3 strikers... Forssell, Heskey and John.... i think?

And Heskey is out for at least three months.

gjtango
10-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle

Hang on, I read today that Heskey might be in line to play for Birmingham in the season opener at Pompey on Saturday....

costa
:confused: no he aint... the scan revealed it wernt that bad and he should be back to play Portsmouth on Saturday.. but still............

Crate
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle

Is this right? I may be behind the times, but SSN last night was saying that Heskey's injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he might even be available for this weekend.

costa
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
your right gjtango!

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Is this right? I may be behind the times, but SSN last night was saying that Heskey's injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he might even be available for this weekend.

Yeah - i read the same thing in Metro this morning ...

AJ
10-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Nobby

Prehaps it is something to do with subincision (warning don't look this up unless if you are easly horrified):confused:

costa
10-08-2004, 03:53 PM
100% correct Crate ;)
Do B'ham have any other forwads except CM, Heskey, John and Forssell? coz if thats the case then they wouldnt allow CM to go?? :confused:

sam bater
10-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Can't really see there will be a place for Morrison in the team if we manage to get Ivan Kaviedes.

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by sam bater
Can't really see there will be a place for Morrison in the team if we manage to get Ivan Kaviedes.

Thought he was goal scoring midfielder???

sam bater
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Not according to Skysports, he's a striker according to them

Simon A
10-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Prehaps it is something to do with subincision (warning don't look this up unless if you are easly horrified):confused:

OK. I've looked this up and he's right. You really SHOULDN'T look it up.

:eek:

smileysmith
10-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by sam bater
Not according to Skysports, he's a striker according to them

Thanks :) Just actually checked the thread and Sky info about him - am now up to date!!

GUCCI Eagle
10-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Nobby

I'll explain it to you if you explain what a '******* bladder' is ;)

Funk Butter
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Well it has probably already been mentioned, but with Heskey looking to have a bad leg injury I can't see them letting Morrison go.

darren_j
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Heskey's injury isn't that bad. May even be fit for Sat.

Originally posted by Funk Butter
Well it has probably already been mentioned, but with Heskey looking to have a bad leg injury I can't see them letting Morrison go.

Shoreditch CPFC
10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
u what mate???

It's a TLA

Eagle123
10-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry Skate or whatever your name is but the reason we sold Clinton Morrison was because he asked to leave. The fact that we got £4.5m for him was because understanderbly Jordan would have sold him to ANYONE in the prem as long as it did'nt begin with Birmingham and end in City. City (knowing this) put in a bid that they knew nobody would match and since that day its bought a smile to my face every time I think about how they got they're hands burnt on the deal. Clinton Morrison is a good 1st div striker NOT in the prem. Why do people always think the best players available are the ones that used to play for us? Praps you'd be interested in Sasa Circic too! I hear hes trying to get himself fit and he was a croud pleaser. smirk smirk!

SIKO
10-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Sorry Skate or whatever your name is but the reason we sold Clinton Morrison was because he asked to leave.

Sorry that is bollox

nookiebear
10-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Any truth in the rumour, SIKO?

AJ
10-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Simon A
OK. I've looked this up and he's right. You really SHOULDN'T look it up.

:eek:

Even more importantly, don't try this at home....in fact don't try it at all...unless it takes your fancy....one question though. Why?

brighton_eagle
10-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Any truth in the rumour, SIKO?

He's ignoring us. :)

which probably means yes.

Or it might mean no.

Benzhiyi
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry Skate or whatever your name is but the reason we sold Clinton Morrison was because he asked to leave.

Completely, totally and utterly untrue.

PM Siko and ask about Clinton - he knows him pretty well and should be able to tell you all you need to know.

EaglesNut
10-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Pure and utter fiction

Maidstoned Eagle
11-08-2004, 08:12 AM

Being out here in Spain, Heskey isn´t really top of the list of news items on Spanish TV, but I heard it from a Brummie Saturday, so maybe he has made a miraculous recovery.

Chalfont Victim
11-08-2004, 08:30 AM

SIKO
11-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I apologise for being blunt, but you have to understand, Clintons mum is a very dear friend of mine, and as helped me through a difficult time. I have in the past, always passed information along when I can, ie signing Hopkins, Smiths and Cockerells sacking, etc etc. I have also passed on information when Clinton has asked, or got him on the BBS in person. There has also been times when I have not passed on information, and kept it close to my chest. Clint himself has made his feelings towards the club clear, and as mentioned would love to come back, although he is more settled in Birmingham than he was. He has asked before to come back to Palace on loan, but Bruce needed him. I would ask people not to try and get me to reveal any information that is regarded as private, and told to me as a friend, because I will not do it. I will say however, that sometimes deals are going on, in private, and publicity of any sort, even on here could seriously •••• it up.
I would also like to point out, that Bruce would not hold Clint back for any selfish reasons. Any disagreement he has, was with the chairman, and he holds the club in high esteem. He did not really have any other alternative but to leave, and like LL coolsteve, I will not go onto details. One thing he did say though for a while when he went to Brum, was the team at Brum was not a patch on the one he had at Palace, and Dowie has shown him to be right. So perhaps its time to lay off the ugly git.
But back to this rumour, I will give out information, of there is any, when and if I can. So please, can you stop asking me.

Gooders
11-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Can't say fairer than that. Cheers SIKO. :p

Heb 7:4
11-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Cheers SIKO. Clinton's a legend, I'd love to see him back. Probably get my shirt printed for the first time ever in celebration!!

Crate
11-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Given this:

Originally posted by SIKO
sometimes deals are going on, in private, and publicity of any sort, even on here could seriously •••• it up.

I wonder whether we shouldn't now have a self-denying ordinance and just wait to see what happens. But I know it won't work like that!

But thanks, SIKO, for a masterly post.

Kevin T
11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Heb 7:4
Cheers SIKO. Clinton's a legend, I'd love to see him back. Probably get my shirt printed for the first time ever in celebration!!

I will do this too. You can tell Clinton that too!

Pub Idol
11-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Sounds a bit a bit corny, but I reckon he belongs at Palace. I hope he comes back. Him and Johnson would be a handfull for most teams IMO.

Sandowneagle
11-08-2004, 12:34 PM
...and Birmingham would let Clinton leave on loan because......
They have ambitions of being a top 6 side, hence the investment over the summer, look at the cover at centre forward at all the other clubs with that ambition, if B'ham release Morrison then they will be exposed.

...and Clinton would come to Palace because......
He wouldn't be the first choice front pairing, that would be AJ + any target man available. I think Morrison would rather sit on Birminghams bench than Palaces.

Dave
11-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Sandowneagle - have you read this thread at all?