PDA

View Full Version : CM 03/04 coaching

kettle
27-08-2004, 03:07 PM
I have got a huge backroom staff -got Dowie as Asst.Mgr and Harbin amongst others as coaches -yet most of my team seem to be going downhill and not improving. I've left Dowie in charge of coaching but no success either. How do i make sure my players improve?

PengeEagle
28-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Get rid of Dowie as on the game he is not a brilliant coach (remember when the game came out he was only manager of a 2nd division team.

What division are you in? If your in the premiership try and get a foriegn coach in - it usually works for me.

joe walker
02-09-2004, 06:28 PM
my first team in cm0304 (as palace of course) is:

gk: berthelin

dl: olivier bernard (--------> up to left wing)

dc:stephane henchoz
darren powell

dr:danny butterfield

dmc:shaun derry
aki riihilahti

rw: jobi mcanuff(goes forward---->)

cm:richie partridge (goes forward----->)

fc:toledo
mikael forssell

now ive got to admit it but that team isshite.

and guess what? with that side i won 1st division title in season 1, then in SECOND season i won the premier league and communty shield, and in my 3rd season i won fa cup, league cup, premier league and champions league! i then retired and am currently manging england.

anyway, my coaches were:

terry bullivant(assistant)
paul holden
jon goodman
alan knight
tugay(player/coach)
martin keown(player/coach)
nathan blake(player/coach)
paul ince (player/coach)
nigel spackman

and then the scouts and physios.

bullivant, holden, and goodman are already there. knight should a free agent, as should spackers, and tugay,keown and blakey were frees after the end of the first season. when incey gets his coaching badge wait til hes really cheap (i got him for 40k)

keown is the best 20 coach gk 18 coach outfield

i got knight just for my goalies and berthelin is now CLASS

nathan blake also coaches u19s with goodman and tom soares, tariq nabil and glen wilson are all really good.

The Omen
03-09-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by joe walker
SECOND season i won the premier league and communty shield,

That's a fantastic acheivement seeing you wouldn't have qualified for the community shield...

Grim Reaper
03-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by The Omen
That's a fantastic acheivement seeing you wouldn't have qualified for the community shield...

I was thinking that.

humpo
03-09-2004, 11:36 AM
he might of won the FA cup in div 1 though. that would qualify him, would it not

kettle
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PengeEagle
Get rid of Dowie as on the game he is not a brilliant coach (remember when the game came out he was only manager of a 2nd division team.

What division are you in? If your in the premiership try and get a foriegn coach in - it usually works for me.

I've had to restart-my game keeps crashing after 1 season -possibly because my squad is too big?! and I have about 9-10 players all joining on 1.July. I'm in the first, but looking to get my players to improve-is it best to leave the coaches to coach and I look for players?

Tor
06-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Coaches mean nothing in the game. Focus on the players and tactics.

kettle
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
is there also a limit to squad size?