PDA

View Full Version : Rusedski Rants At ATP/ US Open Discussion

pete eagle
31-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Rusedski crashed out to in-form Cyril Saulnier at Flushing Meadows last night, and then proceeded to blame the ATP for not helping him enough by giving him wildcards into tournaments. Now this is arguable from his point of view because his ranking slipped badly because of the nandrolone hearing which meant he didn't get into main draws. But he had a few at the start and improved his ranking. This is a lame excuse, if he wanted to get into these tournaments (Long Island and Cincinnatti), then he should have qualified for them, that in itself would have given him match practice.
Greg should stop blaming everyone else, it's about time he worked a little harder on his game and little less harder on his mouth moving.

Hewitt looking good coming into the US Open by the way. Sneaky 5 on him looks tempting.

oz_da II
31-08-2004, 08:26 PM
It's called karma, Greg.

You screw people (The Canadian Tennis Federation) you're going to get screwed in return.

Lame excuse, agreed pete, he should have played the qualies.

pete eagle
31-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I never heard Agassi complaining (I know you don't like him Oz) and it was slightly different circumstances. But he just got on with it and worked his way up. Greg is now in the top 100, he would be seeded in qualifying, put the hard work in and the hard work pays off.

oz_da II
31-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
I never heard Agassi complaining (I know you don't like him Oz)

Very true. This just stinks of the plastic pom looking for excuses.

pete eagle
31-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I heard he had the band playing outside stopped because they were distracting him....

Looking at the men's draw, I'm going to be brave and go for Agassi to win it. He has looked promising in his build up despite the temptation to stick a fiver on Lleyton, i think he may have peaked too early.

pete eagle
31-08-2004, 08:39 PM
On a more sombre note.

Todd Martin announced his retirement from tennis yesterday after losing to Gonzalez.

One of the remaining true gentlemen left in the game, a proper sportsman who battled back from so many injuries it is untrue. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Henman through today as well..

oz_da II
31-08-2004, 08:44 PM
On another note,

Washington getting shafted by the umpire! A code violation for saying "friggin". I take it she's Mailvai's sister?

pete eagle
31-08-2004, 08:46 PM
I think so, that was a classic match between Martin and Washington at Wimbledon the year Kraijeck won it.
Martin 5-1 up in the final set and managed to lose it.

Washington got done a few weeks ago at a tournament for a code violation as well if I remember rightly. Young lady needs to control her temper.

Aki Aki Aki
31-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Martin has announced his retirement :(

oz_da II
31-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by pete eagle
Washington got done a few weeks ago at a tournament for a code violation as well if I remember rightly. Young lady needs to control her temper.

The ball was miles out, probably cost her the set.
Very average player.