PDA

View Full Version : returning video games-especially to virgin-help!

disco mixx kidd
14-10-2004, 10:05 AM
i have returned/exchanged the odd cd in the past but not sure if virgin will except an unwanted game-thier policy says 'for ANY reason' i have obviously played it and dont like it-(its in AS NEW condition)-i dont want a refund just an exchange-i have reciept.

i just want to save any embarrassment in the queue if they refuse-then i'll blow my top etc etc :)

i know GAME have a great returns policy-and that hmv are terrible
but anyone know if virgin will take this back within thier 28 day scheme?

and before u ask-no-its not fifa 2005!

ROCK'N'ROLL
14-10-2004, 10:07 AM
You shouldn't have a problem if it's an exchange.

disco mixx kidd
14-10-2004, 10:08 AM
have u tryed it before?

Benzhiyi
14-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Tell them it's a present and the person you bought it for already has it.

maestro
14-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Dont worry about causing a scene, other people do, just state that uve returned it, ans their policy says any reason

disco mixx kidd
14-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Tell them it's a present and the person you bought it for already has it.

the seal is broken so they will know i have been playing it
do you really think they will be ok?
do alot of people return games (to virgin)

gingerob
14-10-2004, 10:54 AM
When taking things back to shops I have always found you are better to do it at a weekend as they have part-timer kids working there who couldn't give a monkeys why you want to change it!!

disco mixx kidd
14-10-2004, 11:00 AM
and xmas-with all the new staff

maestro
14-10-2004, 11:52 AM
If it says Any Reason then it doesnt matter, personally if u worried it might be best to phone them first and check, that way u can be assertive without risk of embarrasment, get the persons name and then go in etc, any probs ask to speak to the manager

eddieskyclad
14-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I have a friend who works in Virgin and she's always told me to take stuff back if I didn't like it as they'd always exchange it.

If you really need an excuse use some crap about graphics card issues or something but you prolly won't need to make up an excuse.

cumbrian_eagles
14-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by disco mixx kidd
the seal is broken so they will know i have been playing it
do you really think they will be ok?
do alot of people return games (to virgin)

I work for the lesser known MVC, and we'll accept it back in 28 days if it likes not what you wanted or if its crap. Although if its the last day of those 28 days we might be a bit wary ;) Although its a lot easier if you want to change it for another one.

CPFC Gangster
14-10-2004, 06:28 PM
say it dont work
you have a month after you bought it

disco mixx kidd
27-10-2004, 11:23 PM
they took it back no questions asked cheers guys

Shipp Ahoy!
27-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Gangster
say it dont work
you have a month after you bought it

You don't really need a reason, although you might look a little silly if they then say ph we will just give you another copy.