PDA

View Full Version : Hayden Mullins

Dillenger
25-11-2004, 12:05 PM
i reckon mullins would be a great signing in the transfer window.

given that wet-sham are 35m in debt and going nowhere fast we could probably get him for about 750k.

ROCK'N'ROLL
25-11-2004, 12:06 PM
No thankyou.

limited_edition
25-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Whenever I see him for Wet Sham, he looks shite. Pardew has ruined him as a player.

davematt
25-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Dillenger

given that wet-sham are 35m in debt and going nowhere fast we could probably get him for about 750k.

Why?? We need to buy players that are better than what we already have, and I don't think Hayden would improve us.

jazman
25-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Not after the way he played in the final last season. Plus his violent tendancies that West Ham have given him - see the game against Brighton. Although maybe that is where he Palace colours came out! He was always so mild mannered at Palace.

GeeTee
25-11-2004, 12:10 PM
They don't like him. He keeps falling over, which always seems to lead to them letting a goal in.

We are moving on now. We don't need him.

Dillenger
25-11-2004, 12:10 PM
i see him as a quality box-to-box midfielder like he was under coppell. he's still young and been constantly played out of position under the football genius of alan pardew.

limited_edition
25-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by GeeTee
He keeps falling over, which always seems to lead to them letting a goal in.
LOL. Yeah, I noticed that.

jimos_uk
25-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Look forward - We're better than that now.

David of Kent
25-11-2004, 12:12 PM
The nasty snidey part of me says no....let him rot in the Coca Cola.

The nice part says, he's a good player, but he wouldn't make the team.

Daddy Long
25-11-2004, 12:12 PM
The problem with Mullins, although he was a very talented player, was that he didn't have a position. He was pretty good in defense or midfield but, apart from the odd occasion, never excelled in either. I think he would fit very nicely into a midfield 5 but wouldn't drop Hughsie, Aki or Ben for him. he certainly fits in with Dowie's vision of versatile players.

Merton Eagle
25-11-2004, 12:14 PM
He likes playing ight back and said so at Francis' fans forum. We don't need any right backs, so f#ck off Mullins, stay at West Ham.

gold76
25-11-2004, 12:14 PM
He was good for us, but where would we play him? I can't see him getting in ahead of Watson Aki or Hughes. He's no left-back either.

daz_eagle
25-11-2004, 12:15 PM
i like hayden as a player, but lets allow the irony to continue. hahaha.

Jay_Palace
25-11-2004, 12:16 PM
why would we pay more to buy him back than we sold him for? I'd take him for 100k.

Seriously though, he is not what we are looking for. Was never my favourite player and we can do so much better.

TonbridgeEagle
25-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Personnally I think 750k is too much

smileysmith
25-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
The nasty snidey part of me says no....let him rot in the Coca Cola.

The nice part says, he's a good player, but he wouldn't make the team.

Pretty much covers it for me.

I remember at Cardiff shouting to him "Oi, Hayden - you're on the wrong team!", and being suprised to find he looked up and actually looked quite gutted!! This was before we scored too ...

Clapham Grand
25-11-2004, 12:31 PM
I just don't think he will improve our strongest 11, unless he plays LB?

limited_edition
25-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
I just don't think he will improve our strongest 11, unless he plays LB? Gimme Granville anyday. Remember how poor Hayden was at LB in Cardiff ?

Sussex Eagle
25-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Leigertwood is a similar player but is probably already better a few years younger, I'm afraid - a shame as Hayden was the best player in our squad before he left, and I think he actually stuck with Palace longer than was good for his career out of love for the club. Most people said they understood when he went - so don't be too harsh on him because he ended up being wrong.

Belly
25-11-2004, 01:02 PM
The grass was'nt quite as green as he thought it would be,but I would imagine he's earning more than we could ever pay him.

Benzhiyi
25-11-2004, 01:02 PM
As Daddy Long said, wouldn't get into the team.

Indeed, he's struggling to get into a mediocre first division side's first eleven, so would have no chance of making ours.

There are better player knocking about than Hayden who'd be far more astute investments.

Cleon
25-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Hayden was a great player at Palace and it's a pity that he left when he did because he never benefited from Dowie's management in the way that other have. That said, I don't see any reason to bring him back at the moment - not with the form that Aki, Watson and Hughes are in. I can't imagine he'd want to understudy for any of them.

Palace Biff
25-11-2004, 01:15 PM
He's rubbish - no thanks

He was a quality youngster and never quite developed into the player we thought he could be.

We did well to get 650k or whatever it was

Leave him there

sydnsteve
25-11-2004, 01:19 PM
I agree and disagree with DL. Hayden's versatility has been his problem, but not because he can't play well anywhere, but because henever had a consistent position, with the exception of the season he played in midfield and scored about 11 goals. I always rated him in midfield, and think Dowie could do a good job with him, unlike Pardew who doesn't seem to have a clue.
Can't see it happening though.

Holmesdale
25-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Palace Biff
He's rubbish - no thanks

He was a quality youngster and never quite developed into the player we thought he could be.

We did well to get 650k or whatever it was

Leave him there

He's not rubbish by any means.

He's a good Championship player but i'm not sure he'd cut it in the Premiership at the moment. I think what he needs in a season playing in 1 position (possibly as a right back) to develope his career further.

Jimbo ?
25-11-2004, 01:34 PM
as a rule, avoid ex players resigning, there are a few that work but hopkin comes to mind, they are never as good as the player you remember the first time around!

Shoreditch CPFC
25-11-2004, 01:40 PM
would give us some depth, but may struggle to make the 1st team, except for possible at left back.

What was that quote from Pardew about Hayden being shaken from his confort zone when he left Palace ? What a load of rubbish.

cpfc_spc1982
25-11-2004, 02:24 PM
always liked hayden. could do a job in midfield - wont happen though.

Whitney
25-11-2004, 02:33 PM
We've moved on - i wouldn't want mullins or morrison back.

Palace Biff
25-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Holmesdale
He's not rubbish by any means.

He's a good Championship player but i'm not sure he'd cut it in the Premiership at the moment. I think what he needs in a season playing in 1 position (possibly as a right back) to develope his career further.

Well what exactly has he done over the last few years?

Not a lot!

Gets sent off, scored several OG's and ponced around in the midfield.

He WAS a good player, but is far too casual these days.

Stick with Watto, we need players with hunger & desire.

One of our best moves selling on Hayden & Clinton before others realised they weren't quite as good as their reputation

st albans
25-11-2004, 02:58 PM
singing him would be taking steps back, good riddence to him

st albans
25-11-2004, 02:58 PM
i would still rather have Derry over Mullins to be honest

TN16_Eagle
25-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Whitney
We've moved on - i wouldn't want mullins or morrison back.

Tommy Pickle
25-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
The problem with Mullins, although he was a very talented player, was that he didn't have a position. He was pretty good in defense or midfield but, apart from the odd occasion, never excelled in either..

Gotta disagree. IMO he normally excelled in both positions. He's not having the time of his life at West Ham and I think he would be a totally different player under ID's management. Aint gonna happen tho.

Benzhiyi
25-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
Gotta disagree. IMO he normally excelled in both positions. He's not having the time of his life at West Ham and I think he would be a totally different player under ID's management. Aint gonna happen tho.

Excelled in a mediocre Championship side at times, maybe.

But we're not a mediocre Championship side any more, and really don't need Hayden. If we're going to gamble money on a Coca Cola League midfielder, let's do so on someone who looks like they genuinely could make the step up, and would provide first rate competition for Hughes, Watson, and Aki. We're talking a Bullard or a Bircham, here; not a Mullins, I'm afraid.

c_block_lad
25-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Mullins is no worse than the likes of Leigterwood.

Benzhiyi
25-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Mullins is no worse than the likes of Leigterwood.

But would you say he is considerably better than Leigertwood?

To IMPROVE the squad we need to sign players who are better than the likes of Popovic, Leigertwood, Granville, etc. Not simply more players of the same standard, which is the bracket that Hayden fits into.

Sussex Eagle
25-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Ben - Bircham and Bullard are good and could add to our squad (Bullard particularly would be a good replacement for Hughes next season) - but to me, Mullins was at his best in defence - so the comparison is a bit strange. He's probably still a better centre back than Hudson & Powell and maybe Popovic & Sorondo - however, he still wouldn't be a good signing long-term as Leigertwood & Hall are in a different class to him, and the others are good enough for squad players.

Jay_Palace
25-11-2004, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't call him Rubbish, I actually think that he's a good player who has lost his way, but as has been pointed out, he wouldn't be bringing anything that would markedly improve us. I recognised that he had the talent when at Palace, but he always appeared too casual and liable to get us into trouble with his relaxed style of play.

He will be a good player if Pardew stops messing him about and playing him out of position.

TN16_Eagle
25-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I wouldn't call him Rubbish, I actually think that he's a good player who has lost his way, but as has been pointed out, he wouldn't be bringing anything that would markedly improve us. I recognised that he had the talent when at Palace, but he always appeared too casual and liable to get us into trouble with his relaxed style of play.

He will be a good player if Pardew stops messing him about and playing him out of position.

Benzhiyi
25-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Ben - Bircham and Bullard are good and could add to our squad (Bullard particularly would be a good replacement for Hughes next season) - but to me, Mullins was at his best in defence - so the comparison is a bit strange. He's probably still a better centre back than Hudson & Powell and maybe Popovic & Sorondo - however, he still wouldn't be a good signing long-term as Leigertwood & Hall are in a different class to him, and the others are good enough for squad players.

He was often good as a sweeper in a back three, but I'd have kittens seeing him line up in a centre back pairing. He hasn't impressed particularly in the handful of times he's played there for West Ham, and I certainly wouldn't like to see him there ahead of Hudson, Popovic, or (especially) Sorondo.

HARRY MONK
25-11-2004, 05:14 PM
cant believe the ammount of buls#it being talked about on here about mullins.he could read a game brilliantly and i lost count of the ammount of times he saved us with a last ditch tackle.he also hardly ever missed a game and played an amazing ammount of games for someone his age .i dont blame him for leaving us last season under kember as the club was in a real mess.i have a west ham fan mate who says they have played him right/left back,centre half and in right and central midfield.he has only been there a year and considering the numerous positions he has been played in it is little wonder his form may have been patchy.would take him back in a flash.

bellingham eagl
25-11-2004, 05:28 PM
why would we want to re-sign a player who was so desperate to leave?
plus have you all forgotten how f*****g casual he was!!!

Imagine that in the Premiership!!!

Sussex Eagle
25-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
He was often good as a sweeper in a back three, but I'd have kittens seeing him line up in a centre back pairing. He hasn't impressed particularly in the handful of times he's played there for West Ham, and I certainly wouldn't like to see him there ahead of Hudson, Popovic, or (especially) Sorondo.

I'm not going to get too bogged down in this debate as neither of us think he'd be a great signing - but his performance against Cardiff at centre back last season, when he completely took Earnshaw out of the match, was easily the best individual defensive performance under Kember, Francis or Bruce. He's a good player who might have been a really good one had he moved to the Premiership in about 2000/2001 - but with 7 or 8 decent centre backs on our books we really don't need him.

OneSize
25-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I agree, i thought Mullins was class and would be good competition for the midfield 3 if he was to ever return. When he first went to west ham and played in midfield, he was getting rave reviews, then one injury made him go to rightback and has never had a settled position since.

Super Mabbutt
25-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Only if Dowie can work his magic on him. Otherwise, it is time to move on.

Freddy Kurz
25-11-2004, 06:03 PM

I still remember the stupid late equalising goal he gave away v Wimbledon, not to mention the many other occasions when his concentration used to just switch off. He is far too casual
a player for the Premier League and in any case how loyal
was he to Crystal Palace, the club that gave him every
opportunity to develop, but which he repaid by taking
his agent's advice and choosing a higher salary at
Upton Park, when the grass looked a lot greener than
at Selhurst Park?
I can still remember Trevor Francis telling a Palace
Fans's' Forum that when he asked him to name his
favourite position, Mullins replied "right back"!
Prefer Boyce and Butterfield every time thanks.

Al From Bromley
25-11-2004, 06:06 PM
It would seem that he has found his level in the first division. There's no room for complacency or a casual approachi n the premiership. A good player but got to a certain level and never kicked on.

Men At Work
25-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by HARRY MONK
he could read a game brilliantly and i lost count of the ammount of times he saved us with a last ditch tackle

The thing about being able to read a game is that you don't have to keep making last ditch tackles.

limited_edition
25-11-2004, 08:07 PM
He hasn't impressed particularly in the handful of times he's played there for West Ham, and I certainly wouldn't like to see him there ahead of Hudson, Popovic, or (especially) Sorondo. To be fair, Canavarro or Nesta would struggle if they had Repka as a central defensive partner. Who needs Mullins back when you've got Tom Soares, anyway ?

Webb
25-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Mullins would be the wrong target. As has been said, his downfall is the fact he is too versitle, and has no fixed position for any given length of time.

We should be going after players with potential, but has already got the ability to perform at Premiership level. I would recommend Shorey of Reading or Baines at Wigan as possible left-sided targets.

limited_edition
25-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by webbplebb
Mullins would be the wrong target. As has been said, his downfall is the fact he is too versitle, and has no fixed position for any given length of time.

We should be going after players with potential, but has already got the ability to perform at Premiership level. I would recommend Shorey of Reading or Baines at Wigan as possible left-sided targets. Everyone is versatile under Pardew. Harewood at right wing, Repka at right wing. You wait, bet Darren Powell will be upfront before his loan is up.

Who knows if the players you mentioned will cut it in the Prem ? Not everyone will cope with the the gulf in class like Boycie. It's a gamble.

Tomo
25-11-2004, 08:27 PM
To say he was disloyal would be false. He stayed with us through thin and thin but it was time his career moved on. Unfortanetly the way it worked wasn't very good for him and i can't see him coming back because his best position was a centre back and we have enough.

Had he stayed I think he would have got into our first team though.

Tomo
25-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
You wait, bet Darren Powell will be upfront before his loan is up.

His best position IMHO :o

kolinkins
25-11-2004, 09:05 PM
A lot of strange opinions on this thread, especially while with us, he was constantly talked of as a Premiership class player. Under the right management, he would be a fine squad player. If we lose Derry, Mullins could be a decent addition.

hughff
25-11-2004, 09:16 PM
While I think Hayden is as good as some of the players at this club, any money spend on new signings needs to bring in a player who is significantly better than whoever we currently have. I don't believe we need a stronger squad, which HM would give us, though, like everyone including Arsenal, we could improve our first team.

Is Jaap Stam available?:o

Freddy Kurz
26-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work
The thing about being able to read a game is that you don't have to keep making last ditch tackles.

Yes, two great examples of players who could "read a game" were
Bobby Moore and Kenny Sansom. They rarely needed to lunge in
late.

Gooders
26-11-2004, 07:15 AM
Not sour grapes, but I don't think he's good enough for our team now.

Freddy Kurz
26-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
A lot of strange opinions on this thread, especially while with us, he was constantly talked of as a Premiership class player. Under the right management, he would be a fine squad player. If we lose Derry, Mullins could be a decent addition.

He was probably at his best for us in 1999-2000 when playing often
in midfield, scoring 10 goals in 45 games. Venables was the first
to recognise his ability in that area.
I regularly watched him playing for our SE Counties Junior teams
when he was a highly-impressive left-sided central defender and
sweeper with the ability to make runs the whole length of the
field (often at the end of a game) and after a bout of inter-
passing score vital goals.
Have to agree with the view that he may have become a victim
of his own versatility. The casualness which later crept into
his game became another disadvantage. It may well be that
had he begun his career with a "top-five" club he could have
become an established England International.

Owngoal
26-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Loved him when he was here but he would be on the bench now. ID will be looking for something much better than we have got now (I hope) and Hayden does not fit that anymore.

wedgetail
26-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Hayden has gone backwards in each of the last three seasons. On top of that he chose the wrong move. Perhaps Dowie could rescue him from his slide into mediocrity, but I don't think we should take the gamble.

Malakite
26-11-2004, 09:11 AM
We don't want Mullins..I don't think he is that good to be honest...certainly no better than we have now

Benzhiyi
26-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by limited_edition
To be fair, Canavarro or Nesta would struggle if they had Repka as a central defensive partner. Who needs Mullins back when you've got Tom Soares, anyway ?

Repka almost always plays right back for West Ham.

honeysuckle
26-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Have I missed something? - I thought we had lost three and drawn one of our last four games, three with Aki, Hughsey and Ben playing.We are a long way from securing a place in the top division.

Some people prefer their prejudices to rule their heads which I suppose is far enough but hey at least it's not Millwall for whom Hayden is playing

Hayden is a better player than the veteran Hughes and more mobile than Aki. It is true he is overwhelmingly right sided yet I feel his drive and purpose would benefit Palace. If the price is 750K then even more reason to go and buy Mullins.

cpfc_spc1982
26-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
He was probably at his best for us in 1999-2000 when playing often
in midfield, scoring 10 goals in 45 games. Venables was the first
to recognise his ability in that area.
I regularly watched him playing for our SE Counties Junior teams
when he was a highly-impressive left-sided central defender and
sweeper with the ability to make runs the whole length of the
field (often at the end of a game) and after a bout of inter-
passing score vital goals.
Have to agree with the view that he may have become a victim
of his own versatility. The casualness which later crept into
his game became another disadvantage. It may well be that
had he begun his career with a "top-five" club he could have
become an established England International.

he was brilliant that season.
box to box midfielder was his best position i feel even though he was a capable centre back and sweeper - in a midfield 3 i think he would play very well.

Webb
26-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
If the price is 750K then even more reason to go and buy Mullins.

We didn't sell him for that much! He would be good backup, but I can't see him displacing any of the central midfield trio, or any other the defenders.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Have I missed something? - I thought we had lost three and drawn one of our last four games, three with Aki, Hughsey and Ben playing.We are a long way from securing a place in the top division.

Some people prefer their prejudices to rule their heads which I suppose is far enough but hey at least it's not Millwall for whom Hayden is playing

Hayden is a better player than the veteran Hughes and more mobile than Aki. It is true he is overwhelmingly right sided yet I feel his drive and purpose would benefit Palace. If the price is 750K then even more reason to go and buy Mullins.

Firstly, I think people are forgetting how Hayden played at times. His relaxed attitude cost us games on a number of occasions, by underhitting a pass or by trying to do too much. The same thing seems to be happening at West Ham. He had one superb season for us, during our Administration problems. Thats it.

Secondly, Hayden wanted to leave. He spent most of his time under Trevor Francis touting himself for a move away, and then when Kember came in he finally got it. His reason was that he wanted Premiership football.

Thirdly, and finally, 750k would be an utter farce. Considering we sold him for far less than that, and taking into account that West Ham aren't financially sound, also adding to that the fact that Hayden has done very little in his time there, his value should really be around the 300k mark.

Malakite
26-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Firstly, I think people are forgetting how Hayden played at times. His relaxed attitude cost us games on a number of occasions, by underhitting a pass or by trying to do too much. The same thing seems to be happening at West Ham. He had one superb season for us, during our Administration problems. Thats it.

Secondly, Hayden wanted to leave. He spent most of his time under Trevor Francis touting himself for a move away, and then when Kember came in he finally got it. His reason was that he wanted Premiership football.

Thirdly, and finally, 750k would be an utter farce. Considering we sold him for far less than that, and taking into account that West Ham aren't financially sound, also adding to that the fact that Hayden has done very little in his time there, his value should really be around the 300k mark.

Well said :lux:

stevek
26-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE

On the first - his game didn't develop as much as you'd have hoped after the early promise, and he could be frustrating/make mistakes, but he remained one of our best players and one of our greatest talents (so imagine what the Dowie/Harbin magic might have done for him)

Second - what's wrong with being ambitious? He stayed with us a long time when he could have jumped ship - and lost his England U-21 place by doing so.

Third - I agree with this one entirely. There's no way we should pay more than we sold him for.

(And finally - I tend to agree that we should be looking elsewhere than our ex-players).

Palace Biff
26-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Hayden is a better player than the veteran Hughes

Are you winding me up!?

There is no way in a million years you could ever justify that!

Hughes has been immense ever since he joined Palace. If there is one person in our team you want the ball to go to/through it's him. Why? Because he is technically our best player, he is our most intelligent, toughest, most experienced, best passer (or at least 2nd to Watto) and, despite his age, probably covers the most yards during the full 90mins.

Beanie
26-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Tomo
His best position IMHO :o
Of course - for all his defensive ability, he'll always be remembered for a certain far post header :D

Thanet Eagle
26-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Poor Hayden ! We won the lottery and he threw away the winning ticket.

smileysmith
26-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Beanie
he'll always be remembered for a certain far post header :D

:D :D :p

Young Trolley
26-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Thanet Eagle
Poor Hayden ! We won the lottery and he threw away the winning ticket.

ROFL :D

Like a lottery syndicate member who decided to stop doing it the week before the numbers came up! :o :moo:

Shipp Ahoy!
26-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Mullins?

No thanks :)

limited_edition
28-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Repka almost always plays right back for West Ham. Well, Dailly or Melville. Both aren't much cop at defending, either.

imashed
28-11-2004, 10:19 PM
watson's a better player now then him

limited_edition
28-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by imashed
watson's a better player now then him Yep, definately. We don't need Mullins.

Fide et Fiducia
29-11-2004, 10:55 AM
We need somebody to back up our m/f 3 (other than defenders), or do we all believe that we can keep on playing an injured Aki or that Hughes will not get suspended a couple of times this year and at his age Ben will need a rest at some point.

I am not sure Hayden is the answer but he is one of the better tenacious midfielders in the coca cola and ID loves versatility.

As for paying less than we got for him, only if he has 6 months left on his contract like he did when he left is that relevant.

Brett
29-11-2004, 05:36 PM
He was talented. He hasn't progressed because of his own lack of spunk and determination.

Thought he was better than he was and didn't the learn the game. He's too old to fulfill his potential now and saw us as an 'easy life'. As an 18 year old, yeah. Now? No, ta.

Great Lombardi
21-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Apparently the Hammers fans rate him very highly and are touting him as their next captain.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22796

Does reading this make you wish he was back playing for Palace?
I would certainly welcome him back as he could certainly help out our midfield or defence.

PalaceMonkey
21-12-2004, 02:46 PM
i'd have him back.
as long he cost less than when we sold him

Benzhiyi
21-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Nope, he wouldn't get near our team.

OneSize
21-12-2004, 02:48 PM
you sure? they think hes useless, you sure what your trying to link to wasnt actually started in may?

c_block_lad
21-12-2004, 02:50 PM

No worse than Hall or Popovic.

In fact our showings of late, better than the pair of them.

Great Lombardi
21-12-2004, 02:51 PM

I don't know about that. His versatility would help us change our stagnant formation, and he could also relieve Watson and Hughes in midfield, who are looking tired to say the least.

PalaceMonkey
yes I was thinking more in midfield than at the back

Cleon
I'd have him back, although he'd have to earn his place in the team, and it may simply not be the best career move for him.

Great Lombardi
21-12-2004, 02:53 PM
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22796

that might be a better link....sorry!!!

cpfc_spc1982
21-12-2004, 02:56 PM

agreed.

Gazza2
21-12-2004, 02:58 PM
He doesn't get into their team anymore. He is always on the bench.

Daveyboyross
21-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I've always rated Mullins - think he would add some quality depth to the squad. Always seemed a very composed and calm player - just what we need at the mo.

boxing francis
21-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Doesnt look like the more recent posters from the hampsters are too supportive of him. We should be looking forwards rather that backwards

Cleon
21-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Reading that link - all of the positive comments are from over a year ago! Looks like he's gone down in their estimation since. Love the delusional ideas of some of those Cockney Sadsacks though:

"Mullins was leaning up against the dugout gazing in awe at the West Ham support" !!!!! RAOTFLMAO.

"When we return to the Premiership" !!!!! Yeah, whatever.

OneSize
21-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Personally i would welcome him back, but only to play as a central midfielder. I thought he was class when he was here and pardew has ruined him by playing him at right and left back which clearly aint his best positions.

Ardent Eagle Forever
21-12-2004, 03:25 PM
As much as I liked Hayden, he's too laid back for this league.

The Vicar
21-12-2004, 03:55 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Play him in central midfield. Much, much better than Derry, and Hughes, Watson and Aki look knackered.

Palaceboy222
21-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I would have him back but i dout he'd be a "Dowie Player"

NO1FAN
21-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Gazza2
He doesn't get into their team anymore. He is always on the bench.

Wouldn't read to much into that. Pardew is a numpty

honeysuckle
21-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Mullins or Hughes? Hayden is a better player.

cpfc_spc1982
21-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by imashed
watson's a better player now then him

definatly wouldnt say that.

Kirby
21-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Not fussed either way.

To be honest I doubt he'd add much to our squad apart from an extra body.

Panther
21-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I'd take the 10 goal Mullins of his first full season instead of any of our present central midfield but I'm not sure that Mullins still exists so I suspect Kirby's got it about right.

Jim Cannon
21-12-2004, 04:55 PM
By no means my first choice but IMHO he would definitely sign, even though we could go down.

Benzhiyi
22-12-2004, 08:51 AM

Mullins better than Hall? Keep dreaming.

Great Lombardi
22-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Benzhiyi what is it with the constantly changing avatar???

Niceaction
22-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't have Mullins or Reo-Coker after there display before the play off final

Father Fertile
22-12-2004, 12:31 PM

Lets move on eh? :rolleyes:

Benzhiyi
22-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
Benzhiyi what is it with the constantly changing avatar???

I get bored easily. :angel:

Aray
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I remember being gutted when Mullins left and not just because he was loyal during our most dire moment. I'm sure he regrets leaving but I remember how bad things got before he belatedly decided to leave for the good of his career. Leaving hubris to one side (I felt sorry for him at Cardiff - no wonder he played crap), surely he'd be a better squad player than Derry. We are terribly short of decent central midfielders - and does anyone seriously think that Hayden wouldn't play his heart out for the Palace?

If we have proven quality alternatives to buy then fair enough but ID has said we need people with the right attitude with the potential to improve - doesn't Mullins fits that profile?

However, we all know what happened to Hopkins. He was never the same player after returning to Palace. Most players we are in a position to buy are gonna be a gamble.

Sir.S.C Remembered
03-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I'd gamble if it was for a bargain on fee and wages.

I really rated him and he left on good terms. I thought we should have built our side around him as I felt he was a quality, solid player. I preferred him at the back but felt he was very good in midfield too. I would get him in long term as I imagine centre backs will be leaving due to not being in the team and also feel we could do with another body in central midfield

The Vicar
03-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd have him back at the Palace in a heart beat.

Sir.S.C Remembered
03-01-2005, 12:00 PM
However I wasn't entirely happy about his comments in the press about Palace's team spirit. I felt he wasn't in a position to comment as things had clearly changed since he left

limited_edition
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Was a potential Premiership player at Palace. Has gone backwards under Pardew. Is now a distinctly Happy Shopper Cola player. Thanks but no thanks.