CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Just asked Steve Parish whether he reads our recommendations here (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272820)

TristanWhite 17-11-2017 12:08 PM

Just asked Steve Parish whether he reads our recommendations here

I am at a Business Startup Show (just launched my website accessibility company www.xsibl.com) and Parish is here talking about how he “learnt to Soar with the Eagles”, (that’s the name of his talk).

I couldn’t resist asking him, in the Q&A afterwards, whether anyone at CPFC staff ever read this forum. I’ll let you listen to his amusing reply. I also asked him why he sold Glenn Murray, on behalf of a friend.

[YOUTUBE]oUNCw1DX0ys[/YOUTUBE]

JamTheEagle 17-11-2017 12:13 PM

in-exile 17-11-2017 12:18 PM

Hairbear from the AW corner...

andyocpfc 17-11-2017 12:19 PM

Of course he shouldn’t take suggestions from forums. On the whole, we’re a bunch of f—king idiots that think we can run a club, manage the team and probably rule the world.

in-exile 17-11-2017 12:19 PM

What's happening with the shirt collars?

Maidstoned Eagle 17-11-2017 12:21 PM

Interesting.

Golf Boy 17-11-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TristanWhite (Post 13945265)
I am at a Business Startup Show (just launched my website accessibility company www.xsibl.com) and Parish is here talking about how he “learnt to Soar with the Eagles”, (that’s the name of his talk).

I couldn’t resist asking him, in the Q&A afterwards, whether anyone at CPFC staff ever read this forum. I’ll let you listen to his amusing reply. I also asked him why he sold Glenn Murray, on behalf of a friend.

[YOUTUBE]oUNCw1DX0ys[/YOUTUBE]

So it was Pardew who said he wasn't good enough.

Owngoal 17-11-2017 12:30 PM

Interesting. Does not bother reading the BBS anymore because of the vitriol and would only really do so if he wanted to hang himself.
On selling Glenn Murray was on the recommendation of management who said he was past it following injury (to be honest they were right and it is only the last few weeks he has shown a bit of the old Glenn). Of course he is not going to say what a miserable git he is as well.

Chillo 17-11-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13945287)

That's the way I read it too.

gilesy14 17-11-2017 12:31 PM

Actually enjoyed his answer re recruitment - playing it too safe with signings & being bottom. Fair play. Also liked his honesty re Murray - we shouldn't have sold him.

You know it's good when the only thing I've come away pissed off about is his collar.

gilesy14 17-11-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 13945287)

100%. But then again, Warnock sent him out to Reading.

TopKnot 17-11-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesy14 (Post 13945296)
Actually enjoyed his answer re recruitment - playing it too safe with signings & being bottom. Fair play. Also liked his honesty re Murray - we shouldn't have sold him.

You know it's good when the only thing I've come away pissed off about is his collar.

Lol yeah his collar was bothering me too

Chillo 17-11-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13945281)
Of course he shouldn’t take suggestions from forums. On the whole, we’re a bunch of f—king idiots that think we can run a club, manage the team and probably rule the world.

Alternatively, we're a bunch of people with a very diverse experience base, much wider than any relatively small group of paid employees who could well move onto another club. We also have the club's best interests at heart and are unlikely to move onto another club.

OK, so as SP has said, you have to wade through so much rubbish to get to the gems, but strange things happen.

Who was the guy a Wycombe who joined them in the run-up to their ?League Cup run and was found via ?social media?

TristanWhite 17-11-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13945281)

Some of us are. But some of us watch a lot of foreign football - I’m also a Valencia fan so watch at least one La Liga game a week and often more, and there’s loads of really informed people in this thread who watch a lot of European football. Some of our suggestions have been excellent. I think you’re underestimating the collective knowledge some of us have!

Mark_cpfc 17-11-2017 12:37 PM

Lump on Glenn to score the winner against us and the Weed will replay this video time and time again.

SA Eagle 17-11-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TristanWhite (Post 13945309)
Some of us are. But some of us watch a lot of foreign football - I’m also a Valencia fan so watch at least one La Liga game a week and often more, and there’s loads of really informed people in this thread who watch a lot of European football. Some of our suggestions have been excellent. I think you’re underestimating the collective knowledge some of us have!

Unfortunately, you need more than be able to say I've seen such & such a player look good on tv a few times.

andyocpfc 17-11-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 13945306)
Alternatively, we're a bunch of people with a very diverse experience base, much wider than any relatively small group of paid employees who could well move onto another club. We also have the club's best interests at heart and are unlikely to move onto another club.

OK, so as SP has said, you have to wade through so much rubbish to get to the gems, but strange things happen.

Who was the guy a Wycombe who joined them in the run-up to their ?League Cup run and was found via ?social media?

Of course, but how is SP to know on here is talking sense and who is talking complete bollocks. He can't investigate every single suggestion and alos if these players are that good, they will often be aware of them. At the end of the day, that's why he employs scouts and a Director of football so as not to rely on heresay from 'experts' on forums. That's not to say that people don't know their stuff but if they were that good at eyeing a player then they would be in the trade scouting.

peterr259 17-11-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised with your extensive knowledge you haven't jacked in your day job and become a freelance scout for the club! ;)

Andy beat me to it!!

richdeniro 17-11-2017 01:02 PM

I remember someone asked Steve B if he ever passed on the recommendations on here to the scouts and he said whenever he does the scouts often replied back that they already knew about them.

I don't think the problem with our club is the scouting but the transfer policy itself.

Chris K 17-11-2017 01:06 PM

If your/our suggestions are so good why not e-mail the club direct?

Good answers from him to be fair