CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rumour: Benik Afobe (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272954)

DARZET EAGLE 28-11-2017 01:49 PM

Benik Afobe
 
Reports that Benik Afobe could be a £15m target in January. The out of favour Bournemouth striker has scored 10 goals in 30 games in the Premiership.

CP-RJW 28-11-2017 01:50 PM

15 million? He’d be a reasonable back up striker so I wouldn’t complain at this happening but surely there’s better value out there.

Shipp Ahoy! 28-11-2017 01:59 PM

Really?

These days £15million gets you a half decent championship striker. For a 1 in 3 Prem striker it would be closer to a bargain than anything!

DARZET EAGLE 28-11-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 13962488)
15 million? He’d be a reasonable back up striker so I wouldn’t complain at this happening but surely there’s better value out there.

I agree, he did well at Wolves scoring 22 goals in 46 appearances and came through the Arsenal Academy, but in January clubs pay premium prices. We should trust Roy on his selection.

st albans 28-11-2017 02:03 PM

Afobe would then open to the door to his best mate Wilshire

DARZET EAGLE 28-11-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13962510)
Afobe would then open to the door to his best mate Wilshire

:eek:

chelmsfordeagle 28-11-2017 02:05 PM

He was apparently a reason Aresnal released Harry Kane.

He looks very average to me. More of a pick him up on a free 4th choice striker.

GrayP41ace 28-11-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 13962510)
Afobe would then open to the door to his best mate Wilshire

We need him scoring goals, not opening the Hospital doors for Mr Glass

scro 28-11-2017 02:24 PM

Championship ready signing if ever i saw one. Killing two birds with one stone. A guy that represents reasonable back up and decent option after relegation in one.

Trouble is of course that £15million is what these standard players now cost.

Another Oxted Eagle 28-11-2017 02:28 PM

I watch him week in week out at Bournemouth. He is no better than what we have , apparently a lovely fella but doesn't seem to have the quality for the PL.

Pete79 28-11-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 13962559)
I watch him week in week out at Bournemouth. He is no better than what we have , apparently a lovely fella but doesn't seem to have the quality for the PL.

But we have nothing....

carter 28-11-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scro (Post 13962550)
Championship ready signing if ever i saw one. Killing two birds with one stone. A guy that represents reasonable back up and decent option after relegation in one.

Trouble is of course that £15million is what these standard players now cost.

Yep and another ploy to bring Wilshere to Selhurst

Billyd 28-11-2017 02:44 PM

10 in 30 that cannot be right?

That said wouldnt be against this. £15m hardly gets you much these days...

GreatGonzo 28-11-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 13962571)
10 in 30 that cannot be right?

That said wouldnt be against this. £15m hardly gets you much these days...

10 in 55 according to wiki.

Whoscored agree. However it is 10 in 2742 minutes which is equivalent to 30 games.

Palace Bear 28-11-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 13962559)
I watch him week in week out at Bournemouth. He is no better than what we have , apparently a lovely fella but doesn't seem to have the quality for the PL.

You can't be no better than nobody! Or are you are suggesting we play with 10 men when Benteke is not available?

CP-RJW 28-11-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 13962500)
Really?

These days £15million gets you a half decent championship striker. For a 1 in 3 Prem striker it would be closer to a bargain than anything!

Luka costed 14 million and is levels above Afobe who isn’t a 1 in 3 striker (1 in 5 at best,) you don’t get to be third choice at Bournemouth if you have a 1/3 Prem goal record. :D Far better value is out there but I don’t trust our scouting network to find it, at the end of the day a good championship striker like Afobe is superior to what we have as backup to Benteke now so I wouldn’t complain if this happened.

BillyTKid 28-11-2017 04:30 PM

Got pace and would be a different option to Benteke. £15m is probably about right in this mad market. If we were relegated it would be the perfect type of signing.

Another Oxted Eagle 28-11-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Bear (Post 13962578)
You can't be no better than nobody! Or are you are suggesting we play with 10 men when Benteke is not available?


I would rather have Sako up front until Wickham is fit enough to be on the bench to be honest. I wouldn't say Afobe is that quick either, he's average and pretty cumbersome.

Maiden Eagle 28-11-2017 04:53 PM

Didn't he score against us, a couple of years ago, on his B'Mouth debut ?

Not that that's saying much !

SilentAssassin 28-11-2017 05:02 PM

Seems awfully expensive just so we stand in better stead to sign Jack Wilshere...


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.