CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Newcastle up for a speedy sale (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272452)

ChiswickEagle 16-10-2017 06:07 PM

Newcastle up for a speedy sale
 
Good timing by Ashley. Team back in PL, wants a sale through before Jan so new buyer can presumably strengthen. Apparently he will accept deferred payments.

I suspect it might prove an attractive proposition.

west country boy 16-10-2017 06:30 PM

BBSers are not supposed to advertise their services on here. TIA.

ChiswickEagle 16-10-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 13896673)
BBSers are not supposed to advertise their services on here. TIA.

:p

Sp1Eagle 16-10-2017 07:08 PM

Some suggesting that he is struggling to sell hence him going public today.

averity 16-10-2017 07:14 PM

Hopefully causes some uprest up there, and maybe the fact we had an extra days rest. Shame they didn't get the two sending offs they deserved the other day

elgin eagle 16-10-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13896642)
Good timing by Ashley. Team back in PL, wants a sale through before Jan so new buyer can presumably strengthen. Apparently he will accept deferred payments.

I suspect it might prove an attractive proposition.

Hopefully for Tony Adams. That would wind them up.

west eagle 16-10-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13896707)
Some suggesting that he is struggling to sell hence him going public today.

Why else would he go public with this unless he's had little interest.

Ruskin Old Boy 16-10-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west eagle (Post 13896751)
Why else would he go public with this unless he's had little interest.

Ashley brought in Justin Barnes over a year ago to find a buyer. There's been some interest from potential Chinese buyers but that came to nothing.

Sounds like Ashley has given up on getting the sort of price he was expecting.

Isle of Wight 16-10-2017 09:46 PM

I heard Chris Waddle on the radio saying that Ashley had taken them as far as they could go and that to be where they deserved as a top 6 team they needed someone with deep pockets to get the club there. Hold on wasn't FFP supposed to stop all that? Whats the point in it if it cant?

Yoda 16-10-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13896899)
I heard Chris Waddle on the radio saying that Ashley had taken them as far as they could go and that to be where they deserved as a top 6 team they needed someone with deep pockets to get the club there. Hold on wasn't FFP supposed to stop all that? Whats the point in it if it cant?

And if top 6 is where they ‘deserve’ to be, how come they need a billionaire to get them there?

Yoda 16-10-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averity (Post 13896714)
Hopefully causes some uprest up there, and maybe the fact we had an extra days rest. Shame they didn't get the two sending offs they deserved the other day

I don’t know about unrest....the Newcastle fans I know can’t wait to get rid of Ashley and were disappointed that relegation didn’t do the trick.

PeterH 16-10-2017 10:15 PM

Overcrowded place this top 6.

What a cliche term by the dullard. They will be relegated a few more times before they ever get a sniff at that.

CP-RJW 16-10-2017 10:15 PM

That’s the last of the infamous “cockney mafia” on its way out then.

Ralph 17-10-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13896899)
I heard Chris Waddle on the radio saying that Ashley had taken them as far as they could go and that to be where they deserved as a top 6 team they needed someone with deep pockets to get the club there. Hold on wasn't FFP supposed to stop all that? Whats the point in it if it cant?


FFP??

See Man City, Chelsea and even Bournemouth.

It doesn’t count for toss, if your owners are rich enough you can do what you like.

mroakley9 17-10-2017 07:16 AM

Maybe we can do a whip round and buy the club to use as our academy or something?

EagleSE24 17-10-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 13896921)
That’s the last of the infamous “cockney mafia” on its way out then.

I might put together a consortium of Danny Dyer, Joey Essex, Phil Mitchell, Bricktop and Dick van Dyke.

Chillo 17-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 13897176)
I might put together a consortium of Danny Dyer, Joey Essex, Phil Mitchell, Bricktop and Dick van Dyke.

You forgot Babs Windsor.

Nigelbrag 17-10-2017 10:11 AM

It's the perfect time for Ashley to test the market for a buyer whilst the club are flying high and in the premiership, as in all reality a slump will follow before long and the clubs value will plummet again.
To be honest it would be a perfect opportunity for OUR American partners to consider buying into if the price is sensible, it is a club with enormous potential to be a Top Six club or better if owners are willing to invest heavily initially, with a Top manager, wonderful stadium with the potential to extend if need be and a huge fan base with constant crowds in excess of 50k, what is there not to like for an investor.

Chief Brody 17-10-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13896707)
Some suggesting that he is struggling to sell hence him going public today.

This. They've been up for sale for some time.

Stavros 69 17-10-2017 10:34 AM

Starting a bidding war. Pretty smart.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.