CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   WWE thread (Bryan era onwards) (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=251791)

Benzhiyi 13-04-2014 05:28 PM

WWE thread (Bryan era onwards)
 
By request I've closed the old thread in honour of the Ultimate Warrior - it was he, after all, who inspired that initial discussion and 10,000 subsequent posts on the subject of men doing battle in the squared circle.

So here we are: it's 2014, Daniel Bryan is the world champion, Undertaker's streak is over, WWE seems set for years with the likes of Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Ambrose and Paige, and you've a whole fresh canvas to rant about 'rassling on. Enjoy...

The old thread can be found here, for posterity purposes: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46741

Benzhiyi 13-04-2014 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
P.S.

:love: :love: :love:

PauLo 13-04-2014 05:34 PM

I think Cole said she's from Norr-Witch. Where is that?

Funk Butter 13-04-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 11671781)
P.S.

:love: :love: :love:

Somebody get her to a tanning bed, unless she's the newest member of The Brood.

gold76 13-04-2014 05:52 PM

TNA getting more than a little desperate

PauLo 13-04-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11671790)
Somebody get her to a tanning bed, unless she's the newest member of The Brood.

We'll, she wouldn't be the 'anti diva' if she was all tanned and orange like everyone else!

PengeEagle 13-04-2014 07:03 PM

I was watching some old WWF on YouTube and came across some stuff from the Terri Invitational between E&C in their brood days and the hardy boys - classic stuff!

Funk Butter 14-04-2014 03:50 AM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...ffvj480az1.png

Latvian Eagle 14-04-2014 07:55 AM

I was watching a few Jim Cornette shoots videos the other day. The guy is a massive prick. Literally any subject he was talking about he's have to turn it to have a dig at Shawn Michaels.

Two other points from my random old skool WWF night... Edge was a very good wrestler who I didn't appreciate when he was top dog but WWE just isn't the same. And Sunny... Wow she was hot in the 90s!

pauldrulez 14-04-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11671790)
Somebody get her to a tanning bed, unless she's the newest member of The Brood.

:eek::eek::eek:

Leave her alone! She is unique.

FourtyTwo 14-04-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 11671815)
TNA getting more than a little desperate

Is desperate the right word? What they've done this week (without spoiling it for anyone who is planning on watching, all 2 of us ;) ) doesn't even seem a desparation move that they even think will generate any ratings - to me it seems more about rewarding a stalwart of the company before it goes to the wall.

Bizarrely, I've quite enjoyed Impact the past few months - the storylines are far less convoluted, we haven't had a shock turn or reveal in months (Abyss coming through the ring at Lockdown aside), and they genuinely have some decent talent.

I think their biggest issue came when they decided to take Impact on the road, and they just didn't have a clue what venues to book. And this was at a time when the storylines were at a real low as well, so it wasn't inspiring people to go along and watch, and as a result, they were pulling in 3 - 400 paying customers in 10,000 seat venues.

Just look at how they do when they come over here - even without the star power, the last tour did well and had great crowds!

I just don't know what the future holds for them as a company - I don't see their way forward, as they've tried the big name stars in Hogan / Sting / Hardy, and it didn't work. The back to basics approach they have now is probably their only chance, but it all depends on the booking and their ability to make their own stars!

Joooe 14-04-2014 06:11 PM

The Bryan era sounds good. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11672880)
:eek::eek::eek:
Leave her alone! She is unique.

^ She's perfect. And together with AJ could get the Diva's division back on track.

gold76 14-04-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourtyTwo (Post 11673731)
Is desperate the right word? What they've done this week (without spoiling it for anyone who is planning on watching, all 2 of us ;) ) doesn't even seem a desparation move that they even think will generate any ratings - to me it seems more about rewarding a stalwart of the company before it goes to the wall.

Bizarrely, I've quite enjoyed Impact the past few months - the storylines are far less convoluted, we haven't had a shock turn or reveal in months (Abyss coming through the ring at Lockdown aside), and they genuinely have some decent talent.

I think their biggest issue came when they decided to take Impact on the road, and they just didn't have a clue what venues to book. And this was at a time when the storylines were at a real low as well, so it wasn't inspiring people to go along and watch, and as a result, they were pulling in 3 - 400 paying customers in 10,000 seat venues.

Just look at how they do when they come over here - even without the star power, the last tour did well and had great crowds!

I just don't know what the future holds for them as a company - I don't see their way forward, as they've tried the big name stars in Hogan / Sting / Hardy, and it didn't work. The back to basics approach they have now is probably their only chance, but it all depends on the booking and their ability to make their own stars!

I actually like the gentleman in question, a solid hand, but it was all so rushed..

FourtyTwo 14-04-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 11674202)
I actually like the gentleman in question, a solid hand, but it was all so rushed..

Agreed - never understood some of the criticism he's had in the past!

PauLo 14-04-2014 09:54 PM

I like his beard more than Bryans. Thats all I have to add.

GJN 14-04-2014 09:55 PM

For those of us who do not care to keep up with TNA, who is the new champion? By beard are you saying Eric Young?!?

Benzhiyi 14-04-2014 10:23 PM

Yup.

PauLo 14-04-2014 10:34 PM

I always assume no one watches TNA.

GJN 14-04-2014 10:50 PM

Wow, an odd choice. Kind of like when WWE said thank you to Christian.

But from the little I have seen of TNA at least it is not EC3 (worst wrestling name ever).

Funk Butter 14-04-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joooe (Post 11673848)
^ She's perfect. And together with AJ could get the Diva's division back on track.

That and bringing my buddy, Kharma, back.

http://i.imgur.com/vSRuP.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.