CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CPFC2010 to renovate Selhurst Park or relocate? (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204017)

nickkris 17-06-2010 04:00 PM

CPFC2010 to renovate Selhurst Park or relocate?

This deserves its own thread. What exactly did they say at the Press Conference? Palace is Selhurst for me (from the old man taking me since 1974). If we moved to another location in or near SE25 I would be sad but would still go, but if we moved down to somewhere off the M25 it wouldn't be the same club for me, and don't know if I would make that many (or any) games.....

cpfc2000 17-06-2010 04:21 PM

If we moved, There only place to go back to the hill.
But should stay and repair.

E_girl 17-06-2010 04:22 PM

There are planning limitations to redeveloping though.

Matt_Hep 17-06-2010 04:22 PM

Only other place I'd support is at the Athletics track; would be a class location there, quality bars, rail network etc.

Either that or rennovate Selhurst; couldn't deal with a brand new out of town 'stadium bowl.'

EagleSE24 17-06-2010 04:23 PM

Wouldn't mind to much if we moved to Crystal Palace proper and build a stadium replicating Selhurst to a degree. Only vastly modernised and with a bigger capacity. Don't want the identikit stadium so popular these days.

If we were to relocate to Croydon somewhere, then NO!

Ideally, renovate Selhurst though.

CPFC_Fan 17-06-2010 04:27 PM

Either relocate to the national sports arena with a nice brand new stadium or develop Selhurst. Either one for me would work :)

nickkris 17-06-2010 04:28 PM

Can anyone report what they actually said at the Press Conference about it?

Would a mere like for like renovation require planning permission? And would there be any way to renovate and increase the capacity by 10,000 say which would get planning permission?

Baldy 17-06-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Hep
Only other place I'd support is at the Athletics track; would be a class location there, quality bars, rail network etc.

Either that or rennovate Selhurst; couldn't deal with a brand new out of town 'stadium bowl.'

Quality rail network ?

Are you serious ??

Matt_Hep 17-06-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
Quality rail network ?

Are you serious ??

station right next to potential ground.

Oh south london 17-06-2010 04:31 PM

Selhurst.

waddoneagle 17-06-2010 04:32 PM

Selhurst is our home:p

Nth Kent Eagle 17-06-2010 04:33 PM

I don't mind if we move somewhere within reasonable distance - the National Sports Centre, Croydon, M25 locality ect. I support the club not the ground.

woz1974 17-06-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Agree with this turn it into a football stadium great location on palace park.:lux:

Mr Statto 17-06-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

station right next to potential ground.

As opposed to three within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst? I know which would be more convenient for the majority of Palace fans, and away fans too

thehalifaxman 17-06-2010 04:39 PM

The Arthur Wait and the Main Stand probably have a half a decade left in them. Its a situation that has to be looked at. Apparently the land may be "infected" which prevents developments as well.

Do you reckon we could play in Battersea Power station if the bits that cannot be knocked down are built around. i.e. a stadium with a massive chimney and power station exterior and football stadium insides. This is my outlandish ground suggestion of the week.

edit - can anyone confirm what I've heard that they are looking at taking an insurence policy out against the state of the arthur wait? due to this "infected" thing I don't really understand

Mr Statto 17-06-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehalifaxman

Do you reckon we could play in Battersea Power station if the bits that cannot be knocked down are built around. i.e. a stadium with a massive chimney and power station exterior and football stadium insides. This is my outlandish ground suggestion of the week.

Considering the state of the Wembley pitch (and several other 'new' stadiums) due to a lack of light & airflow to the turf, I would imagine those problems would be much worse inside Battersea Power Station!

Matt_Hep 17-06-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Statto
As opposed to three within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst? I know which would be more convenient for the majority of Palace fans, and away fans too

Yeah i agree, ideally bang up for staying at Selhurst..but if we HAVE to move, would have to be redevelopment at the crystal palace stadium.

fearful of an out of town Reading/derby type ground, **** cant think of much worse

Gladalloverrob 17-06-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehalifaxman
The Arthur Wait and the Main Stand probably have a half a decade left in them. Its a situation that has to be looked at. Apparently the land may be "infected" which prevents developments as well.

edit - can anyone confirm what I've heard that they are looking at taking an insurence policy out against the state of the arthur wait? due to this "infected" thing I don't really understand

It has been posted several times that the Main Stand only has a few years left on the Safety Cert and once that expires the council won't give it another one.

brooklynlou 17-06-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle
I don't mind if we move somewhere within reasonable distance - the National Sports Centre, Croydon, M25 locality ect. I support the club not the ground.

+1 - If you have to renovate 1/2 of Selhurst to get it up to code, its better to just build a new stadium

nickkris 17-06-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynlou
+1 - If you have to renovate 1/2 of Selhurst to get it up to code, its better to just build a new stadium

And that means relocating, right? Because a new stadium at Selhurst Park would have no chance of getting planning permission? Or is there any conceivable way a new stadium could be designed for Selhurst Park which would get planning permission?