CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Supporting the Crystal Girls (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217158)

JDawg 30-03-2011 07:40 AM

Supporting the Crystal Girls
 
For those of you who haven't had the misfortune to read p20 of today's Metro, the comment that the Girls' performances have affected our home form is utter nonsense. Whoever made it is just looking for excuses. It does not put me off the game nor, I suspect, does it put the players off the game.

Keep it going girls. You're doing just fine :p

thehalifaxman 30-03-2011 07:42 AM

very strange article. Total made up crap we haven't lost at home with them there????

Woosie 30-03-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDawg
For those of you who haven't had the misfortune to read p20 of today's Metro, the comment that the Girls' performances have affected our home form is utter nonsense. Whoever made it is just looking for excuses. It does not put me off the game nor, I suspect, does it put the players off the game.

Keep it going girls. You're doing just fine :p

I was about to post about this. Although I think the other cheerleaders should have been kept on, to claim that the current cheerleaders are affecting our performance is total rubbish! They obviously didn't research very well as I haven't seen anyone say on one of the forums that the crystal girls are affecting our performances which was what they claimed in the paper (that some people online had said it). Anyway, it's our away form that is terrible not our home form.

Streathamite 30-03-2011 07:45 AM

Haven't read it but if a journalist has said something about the girls distracting the players, I'm sure it is just a joke? And a compliment to the girls it sounds like - if they were crap they wouldn't distract anyone!

Edit: if it isn't a joke, the writer is.

sheepy 30-03-2011 07:45 AM

Totally support the Crystals.

Any attempts to try and inject some fun back into going to selhurst is fine in my books. After 5 years of mostly dross football I think the club should be commended for trying to address the fact that when you go to football it should be about as much of the matchday experience as the match itself.

Can we hunt down rent-a-quote who blamed the girls for the team's performances?

Woosie 30-03-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streathamite
Haven't read it but if a journalist has said something about the girls distracting the players, I'm sure it is just a joke? And a compliment to the girls it sounds like - if they were crap they wouldn't distract anyone!

No it's not a joke, they say that people on the forums have criticised them, and how they are just 'pole dancers on grass' and 'the sooner they go the better' direct quotes from some dude - gareth pollock.

sheepy 30-03-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streathamite
Haven't read it but if a journalist has said something about the girls distracting the players, I'm sure it is just a joke? And a compliment to the girls it sounds like - if they were crap they wouldn't distract anyone!

It was a very nasty article. Utter dross journalism and really very embaressing for the club with the way our fans have been portrayed.

richdeniro 30-03-2011 07:47 AM

We haven't lost a game since they've been performing at Selhurst so how can they say it has affected our performances?

imashed 30-03-2011 07:48 AM

Keep up the good work girls,don't believe all you read xxx

Streathamite 30-03-2011 07:51 AM

Wow, we really get such shyte journalism. Are they trying to say our home form is bad? When we have gone so long without defeat. This journo sounds like a Millwall or Charlton fan. Actually what am I thinking, Millwall can't read and write. The vast majority of us support the Crystals surely.

thehalifaxman 30-03-2011 07:51 AM

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddball...aces-poor-form the offending article

We need to take them away! Might boost away performance. Could we arrange to give them tickets in the front row so they can dance for us before the games. They are clearly good luck

kestoneagle 30-03-2011 07:52 AM

Keep it up girls....you're doing the same for us on several levels!

sheepy 30-03-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehalifaxman
We need to take them away! Might boost away performance. Could we arrange to give them tickets in the front row so they can dance for us before the games. They are clearly good luck

Seconded!

Can we ban metro journalists from selhurst in response? Do they even have journalists to ban?

Trilby 30-03-2011 07:54 AM

Ridiculous article. The girls are lovely and do a great job. That's me avoiding the Metro from now on.

Neil 154 30-03-2011 07:55 AM

Perhaps they should follow the team to away matches because that might improve our results!

Edit: just noticed someone else said that!

Benzhiyi 30-03-2011 07:56 AM

They can be found on Twitter at @metro_online and @metro_sport.

I've already said hi. ;)

Streathamite 30-03-2011 07:57 AM

Much as I hate this shoddy portrayal of our club, I don't know about banning the press. Was weird when we did it to the Addy. And Ferguson's ongoing refusal to speak to the BBC sort of makes him look like a petulant child.

Trilby 30-03-2011 07:57 AM

Brand New FYP out this Saturday (v Barnsley)!
 
Check our Terry's ace video with the Crystals. They're a cool bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JustJUpKVgw

Baffled Bob 2 30-03-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streathamite
Much as I hate this shoddy portrayal of our club, I don't know about banning the press. Was weird when we did it to the Addy. And Ferguson's ongoing refusal to speak to the BBC sort of makes him look like a petulant child.

You can lose the "sort of"

gingerob 30-03-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
They can be found on Twitter at @metro_online and @metro_sport.

I've already said hi. ;)

i have said good morning to them too.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.