CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Depeche Mode confirm new album news. (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95370)

jordanismygod 16-11-2004 10:59 PM

Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

"The band will be collectively gathering in Santa Barbara in early December, along with Daniel Miller, Jonathan Kessler and producer Ben Hillier. In January 2005, after a holiday break, the band will start work on their new album."

Finally after many rumours that the band would split up.
This was mainly due to Dave Gahan expressing his desire to write songs for the new album.

jordanismygod 17-01-2005 11:09 PM

the band will start work on their new album with producer Ben Hillier on Monday, January 17th. The sessions will start in Santa Barbara, and will later move on to New York and London - similar to what they did with "Exciter".

Sussex Eagle 17-01-2005 11:13 PM

:sob: My poor ears!

as216 17-01-2005 11:17 PM

I have the '86-'96 best of - would be interesting to hear some new stuff.

jordanismygod 11-04-2005 03:38 PM

Depeche Mode are currently in Santa Barbara, California recording their first studio album since 2001's, 'Exciter', due for release this Autumn.

2004 ended on a high for Depeche Mode, generated largely by the success of their remix album, 'Depeche Mode Remixes 81-04' which sold over 1 million copies worldwide and produced the top 10 single, 'Enjoy The Silence' remixed by Mike Shinoda.

The new album is being co-produced by Depeche Mode and Ben Hillier, whose credits include Elbow's 'Cast Of Thousands' album, the current acclaimed Doves release, 'Some Cities' and Blur's classic, 'Think Tank'.

"It's a great feeling to be back together in the studio again and we are very excited about the new material", says Dave Gahan. "We are all feeling incredibly positive about the album. Ben Hillier has brought a whole new dynamic to the group which is quite inspiring."

Joe Knight 11-04-2005 03:42 PM

that is encouraging news...

keep the updates coming:p

palace_crystal 11-04-2005 03:47 PM

This is good news :)

Fide et Fiducia 11-04-2005 03:48 PM

:D :D

Pidster 11-04-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

Quote:

Originally posted by jordanismygod
"The band will be collectively gathering in Santa Barbara in early December, along with Daniel Miller, Jonathan Kessler and producer Ben Hillier. In January 2005, after a holiday break, the band will start work on their new album."

Finally after many rumours that the band would split up.
This was mainly due to Dave Gahan expressing his desire to write songs for the new album.

Bastards...so far I've had such a good year.

Die, you weasel faced talentless bastards, die.

jellybean 11-04-2005 09:07 PM

:lux:

can't wait

Pidster 11-04-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by palace_crystal
This is good news :)
Possibly... but not for music.

David of Kent 11-04-2005 09:11 PM

I know he was "chief musician" as opposed to "writer" but I've not liked any of their stuff since Alan Wilder left

gold76 12-04-2005 12:11 PM

I feel you is a great track, Ultra's a good listen too..

paf 12-04-2005 12:13 PM

excellent news, the basildon boys are back, cant wait to hear the new stuff and catch some more gigs.

Sure JJ and Miss Chief will be equally pleased.

ROCK'N'ROLL 12-04-2005 12:25 PM

Not sure myself on their newer stuff. A bit like Gary Numan did as well, the music has gone off on a bit of a tangent for my tastes. Both their earlier music was all about those beautiful synths singing those amazing melodies. There is no doubt that Depeche Mode ruled under Vince Clarke.

Andy, you really want to get '81-'85. That's where the magic is.

Dreaming of Me
New Life
Just Can't Get Enough
Everything Counts
Photographic

Awesome, awesome stuff.

Alternatively get the 'Speak and Spell' album. It's Great!

ROCK'N'ROLL 12-04-2005 12:27 PM

Ooh, I just remembered the end of 'New Life' when the boys do the 'Twist and Shout' four part harmony and then crack into that Synth line.

I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

oscarthecat 12-04-2005 08:36 PM

:lux:

Sussex Eagle 13-04-2005 01:28 PM

http://dave.ulo.us/dave_head_wow.jpg

"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode are a sweet band"

El Aguila 13-04-2005 01:38 PM

Re: Re: Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

Quote:

Originally posted by Pidster
Bastards...so far I've had such a good year.

Die, you weasel faced talentless bastards, die.

Remind me to tell you the story about me, Andy Fletcher and Dennis Wise over a bottle, one day.

Miss Chief 13-04-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by paf
excellent news, the basildon boys are back, cant wait to hear the new stuff and catch some more gigs.

Sure JJ and Miss Chief will be equally pleased.

She sure is equally and extremely pleased. Thanks paf. There's been speculation for quite some time but thrilled it's actually happening. Bless those Basildon Boys!

Where is JJ nowadays? Haven't heard from him in a while. JJ, if you are out there give us a sign.

If I had to specify, I'm a Martin Gore/Alan Wilder girl when it comes to Depeche eras; the more industrial electro slashing/beating/sampling anything sound with thought-provoking lyrics to accompany, but adore and collect everything that they produce. Can't wait to go to some gigs.

Vince Clarke must be proud as punch at the moment with 'Just Can't Get Enough' being re-jigged and played on numerous telly ads; wahey!