CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's Up at HOL (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273560)

legaleagle2 08-01-2018 04:16 PM

What's Up at HOL
 
Hello All,

I've left HOL today (user name legaleagle,for those here who venture on there),having been there nearly 10 years,and joined BBS

What on earth is going on there?

There is a new moderating regime, supported by the Editor,and led by a Mod named Midlands Eagle that is simply deleting posts or threads critical of Moderators and plainly inappropriately picking on people (including banning them) with left wing tendencies while becoming more right wing by the day and accommodating racist sentiments by the likes under a new name of the unlamented here (and twice banned from HOL,Judge)

I gather two Moderators who did not concur with the way things are going have been sacked or resigned.

Not a place I'd want to be.You won't find anything about it on there because anything critical (which was always allowed in the past) just gets deleted.

Les Butler 08-01-2018 07:03 PM

Most probably new mods finding their steps which will calm down once they find out it does not work.

Guys over there have always been fine when I have popped in, good site.

Did you say right...

Can we send Biggins over there?

:) Kidding :D

????

Could the BBS be a place for refugees from the HOL ;)

west country boy 08-01-2018 07:08 PM

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2010/0...ages/fe4-1.jpg

stumpy feelers 08-01-2018 07:25 PM

What about Hambo? He's a top fella? Is he being pushed out?

Wolfnipplechips 08-01-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 14039730)
Most probably new mods finding their steps which will calm down once they find out it does not work.

Guys over there have always been fine when I have popped in, good site.

Did you say right...

Can we send Biggins over there?

:) Kidding :D

????

Could the BBS be a place for refugees from the HOL ;)

Free transfer?

Iíll drive him there myself etc.

fang 08-01-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legaleagle2 (Post 14039370)
Hello All,

I've left HOL today (user name legaleagle,for those here who venture on there),having been there nearly 10 years,and joined BBS

What on earth is going on there?

There is a new moderating regime, supported by the Editor,and led by a Mod named Midlands Eagle that is simply deleting posts or threads critical of Moderators and plainly inappropriately picking on people (including banning them) with left wing tendencies while becoming more right wing by the day and accommodating racist sentiments by the likes under a new name of the unlamented here (and twice banned from HOL,Judge)

I gather two Moderators who did not concur with the way things are going have been sacked or resigned.

Not a place I'd want to be.You won't find anything about it on there because anything critical (which was always allowed in the past) just gets deleted.

Good evening and welcome. Assuming you are not a highly accomplished prankster, I wonder if this represents an opportunity for us to divest ourselves of our own minority of brownshirts, racists and league of St George wannabes? A move to HOL would provide them with the Lebensraum and like minded fellowship they crave. In return we could throw our arms open and welcome those refugees from HOL who follow the path of progress and enlightenment.

Worksop Palace 08-01-2018 07:28 PM

I got banned years ago for calling someone ‘a dozy twat’ or somesuch

Rather OTT I thought.

Anyway to the OP, if you’re a tad left leaning, you’ll be fine on here. :)

Joe85 08-01-2018 07:29 PM

Should be renamed the Holmesheil.

Welcome, btw. One of the better posters on the Hol along with Nick and Kerms.

legaleagle2 08-01-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14039841)
Should be renamed the Holmesheil.

Welcome, btw. One of the better posters on the Hol along with Nick and Kerms.

Cheers,Joe. Nick has been banned as part of the purge and I gather Kermit will be joining me here.

fang 08-01-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14039839)
I got banned years ago for calling someone Ďa dozy twatí or somesuch

:supergrin:

You scamp.

legaleagle2 08-01-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy feelers (Post 14039825)
What about Hambo? He's a top fella? Is he being pushed out?

I am told he has now "ceased" to be a moderator

Kipungu 08-01-2018 07:52 PM

Welcome to the BBS (assuming you're not a Trojan Horse!). Interesting news you bring us.

You'll find a more stable regime here ( until the revolution).

cockneyrebel 08-01-2018 08:07 PM

Given the atmosphere sounds like something in an empty swimming pool on BT Sport thought I would reply here.

I would say there are more left leaning posters on here than right wing so you'll feel more at home.

Biggin, SE9 and boxcutter lead our Stormfront Brigade.

Wolfnipplechips 08-01-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14039839)
I got banned years ago for calling someone Ďa dozy twatí or somesuch

Rather OTT I thought.

Anyway to the OP, if youíre a tad left leaning, youíll be fine on here. :)

I make them right.

Kin northerners.

Hambo 08-01-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy feelers (Post 14039825)
What about Hambo? He's a top fella? Is he being pushed out?

Iím no longer a mod on HOL. To be honest itís been several years since I had the required time to dedicate to it - but I only found out today when I went to check what happened with Nick and could no longer access the mod area. Good job Iím not the sensitive type...

1905 08-01-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legaleagle2 (Post 14039370)
Hello All,

I've left HOL today (user name legaleagle,for those here who venture on there),having been there nearly 10 years,and joined BBS

What on earth is going on there?

There is a new moderating regime, supported by the Editor,and led by a Mod named Midlands Eagle that is simply deleting posts or threads critical of Moderators and plainly inappropriately picking on people (including banning them) with left wing tendencies while becoming more right wing by the day and accommodating racist sentiments by the likes under a new name of the unlamented here (and twice banned from HOL,Judge)

I gather two Moderators who did not concur with the way things are going have been sacked or resigned.

Not a place I'd want to be.You won't find anything about it on there because anything critical (which was always allowed in the past) just gets deleted.

The same Judge who used to be here?

Joe85 08-01-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambo (Post 14040098)
Iím no longer a mod on HOL. To be honest itís been several years since I had the required time to dedicate to it - but I only found out today when I went to check what happened with Nick and could no longer access the mod area. Good job Iím not the sensitive type...

What did happen to Nick?

PIE "N" MASH 08-01-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14039839)
I got banned years ago for calling someone Ďa dozy twatí or somesuch

Rather OTT I thought.

Anyway to the OP, if youíre a tad left leaning, youíll be fine on here. :)

Got banned for telling a Richard Hammond joke,shit joke n shit site:D:D

Hambo 08-01-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14040248)
What did happen to Nick?

Nick liked to argue on there a lot. He and a few others didnít get on over politics. He got banned. I stay away from non-football topics so not sure what it was all about beyond the reports to moderators I saw. I never really understood the need for others to want to force political opinions on others - those who use the boards more regularly than I are better placed to comment.

The HOL was my window into the online palace community, but the personalities that are dominant there now do not appeal to me. The acceptance of Trolley there (posting as Willo) baffles me. No big deal though, huge respect for Pete and Gordon for their work over there.

west country boy 08-01-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14039841)
Should be renamed the Holmesheil.

Welcome, btw. One of the better posters on the Hol along with Nick and Kerms.

Nick as in Gusset? Stone me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.