CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Transfer Deadline Day 17/18 (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271863)

Kirby 30-08-2017 11:36 PM

Transfer Deadline Day 17/18

Here we go then.

What are your hopes?

Realistically I'd be happy with a first choice goalkeeper (Vorm?), a centre-half (Sakho?) and a striker (Tosun?).

If we end up with Hennessey still between the sticks and Sakho fails to sign it's going to be an incredibly grim day.

Over to you Jim.

GreatGonzo 30-08-2017 11:40 PM

Would go with that.

Would add replacement for any 1st teamer sold such as if Townsend left, and shift some of the deadwood like Mutch out on loan.

Ooh Betty 30-08-2017 11:41 PM

https://youtu.be/TxbIU0X-lCI

mb23 30-08-2017 11:46 PM

Hopes: Goalie, Sakho, winger, striker.

Expectations: Sakho, Tosun.

If we fail to stump up the cash for Sakho, then I can only assume the club are not prepared to invest in the club anymore and cut their losses. I've always assumed that our lack of activity was because we wanted to get this top-rate centre back into the club, so I will be very disappointed if it doesn't come off, with so many other decent centre backs seemingly being available to us for a lot less money.

A striker goes without saying though. We must get one. Don't know anything about this Tosun chap, so I hope we've done our homework on him and he isn't a panic buy.

Fifield says that we might add an out of contract keeper, so if that's true I don't expect that to happen today.

Hopefully Parish and co can surprise us with a proper keeper like Vorm and a winger/rwb. Maybe a Championship club will take someone of our deadwood off our hands, or at least loan and agree to pay a chunk of their wages - I'm looking at Ward, Kelly, Mutch, Lee, Puncheon, Sako. 2 or 3 of them departing might free up some wages for a nice surprise signing.

RisZero 30-08-2017 11:48 PM

If reports are to be believed Tosun is presumably our striker target.

I fully expect the club to go in for Sakho, thats a defensive target.

I think there will be one more (I hope for more, but I doubt it without outgoings). No idea what position but I do not think it will be a Keeper.

My hopes?
- M. Sakho
- Gray (Maybe Townsend outgoing, I know what the reports say but this is a wishlist)
- Tosun (all my actual striker hopes seem to have already moved so just get one over the line really)
- Cillessen out of nowhere

Doesnt fill the RWB slot but im still hoping TFM can play there

Ooh Betty 30-08-2017 11:50 PM

https://youtu.be/x-fEr0kv-E4

RisZero 30-08-2017 11:52 PM

In case anyone wasnt aware, I dunno wtf Ooh Betty is posting but I wouldnt click the links as they are not real Youtube links

Hudds Eagle 30-08-2017 11:53 PM

Fingers crossed for Sakho, Tosun, Gray, a keeper and a RWB. Realistically we'll probably get 3 of those unless we sell a few (including Townsend unfortunately) Should be interesting either way.

Ooh Betty 31-08-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 13814502)
In case anyone wasnt aware, I dunno wtf Ooh Betty is posting but I wouldnt click the links as they are not real Youtube links

What ????

Direct links to 'Nothing ever happens' -Del Amitri and the classic 'Do Nothing' by the Specials.

Suggest you sort out your IT problems and get a travel card to the real world.

RisZero 31-08-2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooh Betty (Post 13814519)
What ????

Direct links to 'Nothing ever happens' -Del Amitri and the classic 'Do Nothing' by the Specials.

Suggest you sort out your IT problems and get a travel card to the real world.

Alright calm down, why are you the only person in the world posting Youtube links with a .be domain? I even went away to make sure and even the Belgian channels I found still use the .com

Cant really blame me for wanting to protect others when stuff looked suspicious

Edit: Turns out its a recent initiative to shorten links, no harm no foul

Ooh Betty 31-08-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 13814521)
Alright calm down, why are you the only person in the world posting Youtube links with a .be domain? I even went away to make sure and even the Belgian channels I found still use the .com

Cant really blame me for wanting to protect others when stuff looked suspicious

Hmm. May have to apologize looking at the 'be' bit.
Don't get that. Just pasted the links from youtube via my android currently in Penge.
Maybe my phone thinks i am still in Belgium, which i haven't been for a few years.

More weird than our transfer activity.

Apologies anyway.

Neckinger Eagle 31-08-2017 12:17 AM

Go to bed everybody!

RisZero 31-08-2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooh Betty (Post 13814523)
Hmm. May have to apologize looking at the 'be' bit.
Don't get that. Just pasted the links from youtube via my android currently in Penge.
Maybe my phone thinks i am still in Belgium, which i haven't been for a few years.

More weird than our transfer activity.

Apologies anyway.

No problem. I imagine far worse things will be flying around the BBS tomorrow :D

Ooh Betty 31-08-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 13814526)
No problem. I imagine far worse things will be flying around the BBS tomorrow :D

Kevin Doyle i'd guess.

Goodnight.

thomasbroad 31-08-2017 12:44 AM

I think we'll end up loan-to-buy a GK from abroad.

Gregz41 31-08-2017 12:47 AM

Hoping the plan is to go 433 long term now.

Close between ST and GK as priority for me, but Sakho would also be fantastic.

GK: Skorupski loan with option to buy
CB: Sakho
LW: Gray with Townsend going the other way
ST: Tosun providing the much needed competition to Benteke

Sell:
PVA - recoup some funds now that Souare is nearing fitness.
Townsend - If we can get Gray
Mutch, Sako & Lee if possible.

regal_eagle 31-08-2017 12:50 AM

Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 31-08-2017 12:50 AM

If we can keep hold of Cabaye (and Townsend) then I could live with Sakho and a decent striker.

Obviously a new keeper would be very welcome as well.

Timbo 31-08-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13814537)
If we can keep hold of Cabaye (and Townsend) then I could live with Sakho and a decent striker.

I wonder if their wives will be alright with that?

spt1978 31-08-2017 02:44 AM

Hope/required: GK, RB, CB, CF

Expect: no signings.