CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   USA TV Coverage (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250198)

StonePenge 08-01-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vicar (Post 12164422)
Actually, I saw that it was on NBC, not NBC Sports, same company different channel. But maybe they changed it, so I could be mistaken.

Anyway, hope Stonepenge and the CT Palace support are doing well!

It looks like it is indeed NBC - good spot !
I blame the freezing temps for my oversight - 1 degree F when I picked up my paper this morning.
All well especially for CT as he is on a Caribbean island this week. If you venture offCape in a southerly direction, beer and banter awaits in Stamford.

CT_Palace 08-01-2015 08:35 PM

Steady 83F in Turks and Caicos.

Wish you were here !

Ferris Bueller 08-01-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceBrothers (Post 12163131)
If anyone's in the bay area i usually stay in bed to watch at 7AM But always looking to get out and watch with other supporters especially in enemy territory.

Also I've been working on bringing us together on this side of the pond!
If you're a palace supporter in the US or know of some Join us on facebook facebook.com/usaHOLMESDALE Follow us on Instagram (@usapalacesupporters) and Twitter (@holmesdaleusa)! Share with your fellow Palace fans!

Looking to do more for Palace fans this side of the pond in 2015 and beyond!

I try to go the pubs when we are playing one of the bigger teams with an SF supporters club (Maggie Mcgarrys for Arsenal and Man City, Danny Coyles for Spurs, Mad Dog for Chelsea etc). Would love to see another Palace face one day, I am always the only one (except when Steve opened the Pig & Whistle for the Play-Off final a couple of years back)

The Vicar 08-01-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonePenge (Post 12164432)
It looks like it is indeed NBC - good spot !
I blame the freezing temps for my oversight - 1 degree F when I picked up my paper this morning.
All well especially for CT as he is on a Caribbean island this week. If you venture offCape in a southerly direction, beer and banter awaits in Stamford.

Beer and banter...I will definitely make it one of these days! Cheers.

intheusa 09-01-2015 04:03 AM

I'm going to be in NYC for Saturday's game. From what I can tell the Football Factory and Nevada Smith's are two soccer bars that people on here have gone too.

Football Factory is close to my hotel so I think I'll go there unless a bunch of Palace fans go to Nevada Smith's.

StonePenge 09-01-2015 02:32 PM

See also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by By Toutatis (Post 11834348)
Welcome! If you are ever in New York, come and watch Palace at Legends, W33rd St, and meet a bunch of friendly fellow Palace fans.

lauren_of_hove 09-01-2015 03:24 PM

The Football Factory bar is in Legends. It's the downstairs bar. When you walk into Legends you'll see the stairs on the left.

The Football Factory is the best place in NYC to watch Palace. Look out for the Palace shirt on the wall and the huge Palace flag. The New York Palace crew go there for every game and are a great bunch. :p

Selhurst Celtic 09-01-2015 03:28 PM

Big Bad John is a legend & usually found in the Football Factory for Palace matches by all accounts. You can't miss him. Big tall fella. Hands like shovels.

Hedgehog 11-01-2015 01:51 AM

I think I prefer the game being shown on one of the special stations. When it is on the big NBC channel they go to the game right on kick off. No pre-game stuff.

Miss the teams coming out etc.

StonePenge 11-01-2015 01:56 AM

That was all on NBC Sports - you switch to NBC at the very last minute.

Hedgehog 11-01-2015 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonePenge (Post 12169601)
That was all on NBC Sports - you switch to NBC at the very last minute.

Crap... Never thought of that!

TeamSlack 11-01-2015 03:30 AM

Nice to get a full post-game show on the network...watching Rebecca Lowe being very professional and not showing her Palace colors, though you can feel her suppressing it. :)

Hedgehog 11-01-2015 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSlack (Post 12169629)
Nice to get a full post-game show on the network...watching Rebecca Lowe being very professional and not showing her Palace colors, though you can feel her suppressing it. :)

True - I did enjoy that.

Not sure why they have to have their own commentators though... guess they turned up late! :D

TeamSlack 11-01-2015 06:49 AM

weird to hear that 4 minutes in...still unsure what happened exactly...a first for me! "transportation issues" or something. never heard, on any radio or TV broadcast, an announcer change after the start.

Palace Yankee 11-01-2015 07:08 AM

I've caught almost every game this year thanks to NBC, NBC Sport and their Live Extra app. I wouldn't even pay for cable if it weren't for all the BPL coverage. Just wish Live Extra had the app on XBOX one...

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-01-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Yankee (Post 12169689)
I've caught almost every game this year thanks to NBC, NBC Sport and their Live Extra app. I wouldn't even pay for cable if it weren't for all the BPL coverage. Just wish Live Extra had the app on XBOX one...

I work during most our games, and am unable to watch or listen whilst at work. Therefore, being able to record the games on DVR has been a godsend.

I actually woke up in a cold sweat once, wondering what I'd do if we were relegated. I could just about deal with the crappy coverage before, but now we've been spoilt....

StonePenge 11-01-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSlack (Post 12169680)
weird to hear that 4 minutes in...still unsure what happened exactly...a first for me! "transportation issues" or something. never heard, on any radio or TV broadcast, an announcer change after the start.

Maybe Arlo got off the train at Crystal Palace Station - he wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.

Hedgehog 11-01-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12170018)
I could just about deal with the crappy coverage before, but now we've been spoilt....

Pretty much how I feel.

One positive of staying in the Premiership.

I do miss the banter of the live comm threads though - they used to be fun. But watching the game live in HD on a 42" screen trumps the "fun".

Vince Hilaire's Afro 11-01-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12170577)
Pretty much how I feel.

One positive of staying in the Premiership.

I do miss the banter of the live comm threads though - they used to be fun. But watching the game live in HD on a 42" screen trumps the "fun".

I liked listening to the commentary, but if you're unable to hear it 'live' youre ****ed. I asked both the club and whatever company that runs Palace World if they could make the commentaries available to subscribers in podcast form, but was met with stern, foreboding silence.

Hedgehog 11-01-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 12170639)
I liked listening to the commentary, but if you're unable to hear it 'live' youre ****ed. I asked both the club and whatever company that runs Palace World if they could make the commentaries available to subscribers in podcast form, but was met with stern, foreboding silence.

I'd like to think that with the advancements we have seen over the last 5 years, that there would be no reason the games in the Championship could not be shown live on Palace World.