CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Civilization V (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215618)

CT_Palace 10-07-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE5eagle (Post 11152166)
I started watching a gameplay vid on youtube, but had to stop as I want it to all be new.

Just watched a report on this upgrade. I didn't buy the God and Kings upgrade and happy to hear that Brave New World doesn't need G&Ks (all you will be missing is the scenarios and civs that came with G&Ks)

The report I saw focussed mainly on the culture differences - hopefully this pack will make that part of the game more meaningful. I mean, who ever set out to win by completing the Culture requirements?!!
I did get the feeling the changes will make it harder to win by all out conquest.
To your point Omen it will be interesting to see how the AI behaves under these new options (requiring it to manage the diplomacy of the other Civs in a more connected and meanful way). Hopefully there's a bit more logic built into it, although I'm sure it will still make catastrophically poor decisions under war conditions.

Finally, my game play tip to SE5eagle for winning (even at Prince level!! :D ;))
Choose large continents, high resources, huge map, long game play. Build as many cities as you can (including one city on every continent - a very useful foothold for future war). Choose culture paths that provide happiness. Make sure you focus on science to keep the discoveries rolling in, once you get to artillery and tanks build as many as of those that you can (invading countries with lots of oil first). Depending on the proximity geographically of the other civs either you can win by all out war (important: go straight for the jugular - attack Capital cities) or if the other civs are too spread out geographically focus all your efforts on completing the science win by building the space craft.

PalaceMonkey 10-07-2013 07:45 PM

I always go for culture victories!

CT_Palace 10-07-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey (Post 11152318)
I always go for culture victories!

then you will either hate or love the new upgrade!

SE5eagle 10-07-2013 09:28 PM

Thanks for the tips amigo.

I almost always go for culture or science victories (unless I'm the japs, in which case it's all out war.)

The wheels always come off whatever I choose, usually when some dick builds the space program, often unhindered by hordes of troublemakers who are harrassing yours truly, occaisionally on his own continent or some such.

CT_Palace 10-07-2013 09:55 PM

What's the deal with Culture victories? Must be quite boring just trying to stack up your culture points - plus the more your population/cities the longer it takes to achieve culture victory so it inhibits city building/empire expansion and war.
Seems a bit boring to me.
Each to their own I suppose.

PalaceMonkey 11-07-2013 08:33 AM

no more boring that trying to stack up military units or research.

the penalties for having a big empire are annoying though

StudentEagle 11-07-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 11152523)
What's the deal with Culture victories? Must be quite boring just trying to stack up your culture points - plus the more your population/cities the longer it takes to achieve culture victory so it inhibits city building/empire expansion and war.
Seems a bit boring to me.
Each to their own I suppose.

I've played cultural a few times (a while back though).

Mostly it's useful for expanding your borders very quickly and dominating a continent. Also, planting a city on a rival's continent means you can grab up land around that city in a hurry if you have high culture, preventing them from reaching resources or key positions.

PalaceMonkey 11-07-2013 10:25 PM

half an hour to go!

must go to bed quickly, to avoid getting sucked in

SE5eagle 11-07-2013 11:00 PM

Here we go!

Good luck PM!

SE5eagle 11-07-2013 11:15 PM

It won't run for me...ffsmurray.

:(

SE5eagle 11-07-2013 11:23 PM

Ok, so just to clarify, Valve opted to launch their summer sale, which has crashed their servers, on the same day of the release of their most hotly anticipated game.

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploa...n6.jpg?ggnoads

PalaceMonkey 12-07-2013 08:37 AM

I love your posts on this thread, I wish I could rep you more often :lux:

SE5eagle 12-07-2013 10:46 AM

:love:

humpo 12-07-2013 10:56 AM

might get this over the weekend. how much is it on Steam??

SE5eagle 12-07-2013 11:02 AM

20 squid now.

humpo 12-07-2013 11:16 AM

i'll have some of that

The Omen 12-07-2013 02:28 PM

Civ V 4.99 for two more hours on Steam (flash sale)

humpo 12-07-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen (Post 11156061)
Civ V 4.99 for two more hours on Steam (flash sale)

got Civ V + G&K expansion :(

SE5eagle 12-07-2013 06:33 PM

Can anyone patch a call through to Mat Ov's Primal Scream chamber to let him know?

*Sally Bercow's Innocent Face*

PalaceMonkey 12-07-2013 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
argh!