CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Away Fans End (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Brighton fans, do you think every day of the play off loss to the Mighty Palace (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268245)

CPFC since 1989 11-12-2016 10:06 PM

Brighton fans, do you think every day of the play off loss to the Mighty Palace
 
So over three and a half years ago. Over a thousand days.

Brighton fans, do you think every day of the play off loss to the Mighty Palace?

Or maybe more than once a day, every day, now for a very very long time.

Happy Arthur 11-12-2016 10:53 PM

Probably doesn't hurt as much when it's your second team.

Joe85 11-12-2016 10:55 PM

Brighton fans, do you think every day of the play off loss to the Mighty Palace
 
Of course they do.

It's brilliant. I don't think i could ever get over being so brutally taken apart by a rival in such a high stakes game.

Put yourself in their shoes. Brimming with confidence, spending the days between the first and second leg picking your Wembley seat and booking the hotel, planning the big days out to the premier league big guns and deciding whether you sit with the Brighton fans or use your Arsenal/Chelsea membership and get in with the home fans, printing of Wembley placards etc only to be so efficiently dispatched by deadliest rivals, at home in a manner that is akin to a big ******* backhander across the chops.

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6350116096/h12E7F1C1/

Soul destroying stuff.


Wankers.

Joe85 11-12-2016 11:05 PM

http://www.vomzi.com/wp-content/uplo...ap-gif-785.gif

sydney eagle 12-12-2016 06:00 AM

http://a65.tinypic.com/2mx4ncg.jpg
http://a66.tinypic.com/if4jdg.jpg
http://a65.tinypic.com/x2mkqx.jpg

wigman 12-12-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 (Post 13364509)
So over three and a half years ago. Over a thousand days.

Brighton fans, do you think every day of the play off loss to the Mighty Palace?

Or maybe more than once a day, every day, now for a very very long time.


It's a NO from me.

CPFC since 1989 12-12-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 13364556)
Of course they do.

It's brilliant. I don't think i could ever get over being so brutally taken apart by a rival in such a high stakes game.

Put yourself in their shoes. Brimming with confidence, spending the days between the first and second leg picking your Wembley seat and booking the hotel, planning the big days out to the premier league big guns and deciding whether you sit with the Brighton fans or use your Arsenal/Chelsea membership and get in with the home fans, printing of Wembley placards etc only to be so efficiently dispatched by deadliest rivals, at home in a manner that is akin to a big ******* backhander across the chops.

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6350116096/h12E7F1C1/




Soul destroying stuff.


Wankers.

I could imagine every time match of the day is on and their other team is mentioned and there is Palace on as well. The, "why couldn't that be us."

I think it must come up at least once a week now for the minority of their fans, it is 3.5 years ago, but I bet through the first whole summer probably 15-20 times a day. And then in their nightmares. But still, there hiding in their minds - every day I would firmly believe for nearly all Brighton.

"Soul destroying stuff" - where are the Brighton to deny this, or is this 100% how it is :hi:

CPFC since 1989 12-12-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigman (Post 13365472)
It's a NO from me.

You're reminded of it every day you are here. You are here most days.

How do you cope? It would just seem so hard to take :p

Penstone Eagle 12-12-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigman (Post 13365472)
It's a NO from me.

lol

thereichstuff 12-12-2016 04:42 PM

Wembley songs were sung at the Amex , WEMBLEY SONGS WERE SUCCESSFULLY SUNG.

CPFC since 1989 12-12-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereichstuff (Post 13365534)
Wembley songs were sung at the Amex , WEMBLEY SONGS WERE SUCCESSFULLY SUNG.

I bet by Brighton before we scored. The thing of daily nightmares.

smileysmith 12-12-2016 05:39 PM

They will never get over it.

Fact.

Their sense of inferiority has grown and grown since we met them for the first time in 13 years on October 26th all those years ago. We then followed that by being the first to defeat them in a competitive game at their shiny new thingy they think is a stadium. Then we destroyed them forever by beating them at their place and taking their "destined" (ha haa) place in the Premiership - and staying there.

Its all over as a rivalry. No matter how hard they try to deny it (to themselves, let alone to us), they are destroyed.

Maybe the next generation will have a new hope. We can enjoy destroying that too.

wigman 12-12-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileysmith (Post 13365628)
They will never get over it.

Fact.

Their sense of inferiority has grown and grown since we met them for the first time in 13 years on October 26th all those years ago. We then followed that by being the first to defeat them in a competitive game at their shiny new thingy they think is a stadium. Then we destroyed them forever by beating them at their place and taking their "destined" (ha haa) place in the Premiership - and staying there.

Its all over as a rivalry. No matter how hard they try to deny it (to themselves, let alone to us), they are destroyed.

Maybe the next generation will have a new hope. We can enjoy destroying that too.

You need to stay away from the funny fags.

mushroom 12-12-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 13364555)
Probably doesn't hurt as much when it's your second team.


Made me laugh

mushroom 12-12-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigman (Post 13365647)
You need to stay away from the funny fags.


I've never met a funny brighton fan

dannyb1 12-12-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13365661)
I've never met a funny brighton fan

Never in the flesh but there are loads of budding comedians on NSC.

fioreuk 12-12-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigman (Post 13365647)
You need to stay away from the funny fags.


Well, by beating you that night we have been..but most of you aren't funny.

CPFC since 1989 12-12-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigman (Post 13365647)
You need to stay away from the funny fags.

Seriously Wiggers, how many times a week are you reminded of us winning that play off game at your manor?

Did SHitler ever get done for messing himself in the Palace dressing room and getting blamed for your predicament.

Eagleinsussex 12-12-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13365661)
I've never met a funny brighton fan

Lol :lux:

wigman 12-12-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 (Post 13365785)
Seriously Wiggers, how many times a week are you reminded of us winning that play off game at your manor?

Did SHitler ever get done for messing himself in the Palace dressing room and getting blamed for your predicament.

It hurt at the time but I was gracious in defeat; I actually posted a congratulations thread on the train ride home after the game.
We were not ready for promotion at the time but we are now going in the right direction and I firmly believe that we will achieve that dream at some point in the near future.
However, I can absolutely assure you that I do not think about it on either a daily, weekly or even on a monthly basis.
We had our chance and blew it, fair play to you but we will have our day. :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.