CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Away Fans End (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do Palace have the most embarrassing rivals in the football world? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265513)

old git 22-05-2016 09:13 AM

Do Palace have the most embarrassing rivals in the football world?

They are no longer adequate for a club that wants to move forward.Manchester City wouldn't have Stockport as rivals.

SeanPalace84 22-05-2016 09:16 AM

Great thread!

I have always felt slight embarrassment having them as rivals and other sets of fans have questioned it however the last year or so has made me realise just how embarrasing it is. We need to come together and try to put this shambles rivalry to one side.

The delusion
The entitlement
The stadium/attendances talk
The fact most have two teams to support

I could go on but fact is they do make us look silly. Millwall, Charlton even bloody Crawley would be less embarrasing.

Time it ends NOW.

Joe85 22-05-2016 09:23 AM

Stockport have better fans and would probably offer us more of challenge on the pitch and in the stands than the shower of ***** on the South coast.

Brighton are a joke. It's like having a man with a terminal illness as your arch enemy. Things will never get any better for him and if you ever meet you'll always feel bad for humiliating him in his own house because he's so weak. The world will frown at you for constantly bettering such weak and feeble opposition and thus there is nothing to be gained out of goading the ******.

We need to start taking applications for new rivals and let the bellends find a rival they can actually compete with vocally, like a netball team or maybe the local library 5 aside team.

mpfn 22-05-2016 09:32 AM

They don't deserve our rivalry, but who would have them ?
A bit like Charlton, desparately needing a focus to direct their pain and anger.
I suggest we give them another season, with the option of a Christmas review.

Supa Pard 22-05-2016 09:46 AM

I dunno. They're only 6 miles down the road after all....oh you mean Brighton!

Nearly forgot about them.

Payroll Legend 22-05-2016 10:56 AM

As I just said on another thread, it's a pointless, non-competitive rivalry where one team is always better than the other and always comes out on top.

They don't have any identity, they don't have passionate fans. They can't win a game in the play offs. Anything they've got they've been bought not earned.

But they do have us and that helps to make them more valid as a club rather than just stuck on the coast on their own.

I really wish we could **** them off. We don't need them.

Supa Pard 22-05-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payroll Legend (Post 13009591)
As I just said on another thread, it's a pointless, non-competitive rivalry where one team is always better than the other and always comes out on top.

They don't have any identity, they don't have passionate fans. They can't win a game in the play offs. Anything they've got they've been bought not earned.

But they do have us and that helps to make them more valid as a club rather than just stuck on the coast on their own.

I really wish we could **** them off. We don't need them.

We do need them though.

Cos it's low points like this that you look at these c*nts and Millwall and then all your troubles and miseries go away.
Despite the result yesterday, we're Palace and they never will be.

old git 24-05-2016 10:33 PM

No sign of them understanding football yet.Apparently a team that loses around 10-20 million a year and fails once again to make Wembley has the bragging rights against a club making a large sum of money,in the top division and one that narrowly loses in the biggest cup final in domestic football.
Let's ditch these idiots for good.

CPFC Since 68 24-05-2016 10:50 PM

It is weird being rivals with a multitude of clubs. I just want the 7 - 10 k Brighton back.

Penstone Eagle 25-05-2016 08:22 AM

They simply don't qualify as rivals, I just find them funny.

The opening post is spot on.

Raggy 02-06-2016 11:15 PM

TBH how many Palace fans even genuinely dislike them? Its pantomime stuff.

Compare it to when we play Man Utd, where there is a genuine festering hatred in the air.

Jim Cannon 02-06-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggy (Post 13029141)
TBH how many Palace fans even genuinely dislike them? Its pantomime stuff.

Loads do. Especially if you were around for the days of Mullery managing them, and then when the wanker came here. There was a real on pitch rivalry too. Obviously for decades, they have served up nothing but hilarity for us, but plenty hate them.

But yes, they are a complete embarrassment, supported by imbeciles that don't get football.

Battle EAGLE 02-06-2016 11:31 PM

In the year 2016, they are not worthy as our main rival anymore it's just embarrassing. A rival needs to challenge sometime this lot just ain't up to it.

old git 02-06-2016 11:33 PM

Maybe not hate.It is more like having an annoying useless kid brother who is constantly trying to show how clever he is but always fails.

Malarkey 02-06-2016 11:44 PM

Threads like this always come back to haunt you...oh wait, no they don't.

smoll 03-06-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC Since 68 (Post 13015949)
It is weird being rivals with a multitude of clubs. I just want the 7 - 10 k Brighton back.

Brilliant post. I've never thought of it that way. How true

Phil's Barber 03-06-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old git (Post 13029176)
Maybe not hate.It is more like having an annoying useless kid brother who is constantly trying to show how clever he is but always fails.

.....but thinks he has succeeded.

James 03-06-2016 10:40 AM

Does anyone have a copy of Eagle Eye's brilliant 'Notice of Termination of Rivalry', served on Brighton in the 1990's? I wish I had kept my copy - it was one of the most memorable things to appear in that long lost and lamented fanzine.

old git 03-06-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 13029509)
Does anyone have a copy of Eagle Eye's brilliant 'Notice of Termination of Rivalry', served on Brighton in the 1990's? I wish I had kept my copy - it was one of the most memorable things to appear in that long lost and lamented fanzine.

Unfortunately I haven't but I remember somebody printed a few hundred copies of the notice that we handed out at the Goldstone before the ZDS win in 1991.Didnt go down too well.
Hopefully somebody has a copy and would be good enough to scan it on to here.:p

Penstone Eagle 03-06-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC Since 68 (Post 13015949)

Well put.

Almost feel sorry for some of their loyal fans having to sit amongst fans of so many other clubs.